[Drama 2017] Forest of Secrets / Stranger 비밀의숲 - Baeksang 2018 Daesang Award /Best Actor / Best Writer

larus

2 hours ago, Tee- Sama said:

I also want to know how Mr. Lee first met his wife. What was the experience like? Does he love her?

Base on the above conversation, I don't think Chief Lee married his wife for love. Unfortunately, he's using her father powerful

political influence to advance his own career. Also, base on the above conversation, I have no doubt  that Chief Lee's wife

already knew about his short encounter with Min-Ah(Ga Young). The big question is, does she has anything to do with the

attempt on Min-Ah's life?.

Who told her about Chief Lee encountered with Min-Ah?. Mr. Park Moo-Sung is the one arrange for their meet up at the hotel.

But, he's dead, The only other person knew about their meeting at the time is Police Chief Kim Woo-Kyun,

and he's Chief Lee close friend, or is he?.

ps: oops, Shi-Mok is another person knew about their encounter at the hotel, but I don't think he's the type

of person who run around and tell tales.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I've been meaning to write this. So far with all the talk about culprit and the whole who can be trusted around Shi Mok, I came through some interesting comments on DB. I think we are always talking about how Yeo Jin brings the best out in Shi Mok but what about when she isn't around. He is still very much the same person. He avoids most interactions if possible, he is cold and as long as it doesn't get in the way of his investigation, he is willing to risk even people. He was very cold when is came to handling the Cable guy, the first case. It is true that had he not rushed the whole investigation back then, a lot could've been different. Following that, the knife, breaking into Mi-Ah's home after scarily threatening the driver. Also, latest one would be how he didn't exactly care for Park's son and I don't think he cares much about sacrificial lambs either. Eun Soo, he knew he would need a gun when he followed Eun Soo but he never tried to stop Dong Jae from choking her to death. Sure, she didn't die, it was her fault but he didn't even try to make a sound to distract Dong Jae. I am starting to think, he took that gun out for his own protection, not Eun Soo's. If by the logic that Shi Mok used to make Eun Soo prime suspect that she doesn't care about her own life, does she care about others as long as she gets her revenge, the same is true for Shi Mok. He is capable of seeing someone die right in front of his eyes as long as it gives him the answers that he wants, he is equally capable of cold-blooded murder. I am not saying he killed somebody but can he not do the same? He only lacks motive so far that too based on his little to no interactions with CEO park.

With all of his glaringly uncaring attitude toward other living beings still in place, how would Yeo Jin react to all of it? Will she still be able to trust Shi Mok. The whole world knows him to be some sort of rage monster/psychopath. If this side of Shi Mok ever is revealed to Yeo Jin, will she be able to write him off her suspect list. I am curious about that?

This is a very valid point. When Yeo Jin isn't around Shi Mok acts all cold, rational and methodical. But we can't really blame him, he went through partial lobotomy. The only reasonable conclusion for his altered behavior in the company of Yeo Jin is that she affects/influences him, his thinking, and ultimately his words/actions. Or may be Yeo Jin has plot armor because she's the main female lead. The author can indeed do anything.

Do you remember the scene where she gently berates Shi Mok outside the sauna (after he brutally interrogates and blames CEO Park's mother)? That's how she'll react. She will scold him gently. She'll still trust him and will not judge him harshly. She'll be surprised/shocked by his attitude, but she'll still stick with him. NO MATTER WHAT.

She has suspected him once, she won't do it again. At this point, she trusts him with her very life.

Now, I have a question. Does she somehow know about Shi Mok's past? She treats him so gently like she almost knows about his surgery. She talks to him softly, she's never harsh towards him. She's always forgiving, gives him space. Doesn't bother him. Doesn't pry or prod. She becomes impatient, he frustrates her sometimes but she still forgets about everything, swallows her anger and pride and keeps talking to him about the case (this takes a lot of willpower). She's either extremely perceptive about people (because she's a policewoman/detective) or she knows something about Shi Mok. Or I'm just blowing everything out of proportion and the author is just playing with my feels.:D

But then she talks to herself and says, "Psycho my a**. People are just jealous of him because he's famous." And she suspects him like a normal police officer, but then she crosses out his name from the suspects' list (because her trust on him was rekindled). So on second thought, I don't think that she knows anything about his past. But, she's an extremely perceptive person and a very good judge of character. She observes and then concludes (just like Shi Mok).

I think Chief Lee and his father-in-law are vastly different. Ambition is what they have in common but LCJ has some form of integrity and sense of responsibility to his profession. He is also a prosecutor first so cares about the honor of the office even if it is quite little and mostly overshadowed by his ambitious nature. LYB, he doesn't have a moral compass. He can kill, frame people, bend law at his will, use and throw people away in the blink of an eye. I feel that both men haven't yet betrayed the other because of the woman they both cherish. Yeon Jae is the very fragile thread connecting the two men together. That's a powerful position to be in. She clearly seems to protect both the men and also seems hurt by the Min-Ah fiasco. I hope we get a bit more insight into her. I think her story will be interesting if they explore it. I also have a feeling Dong Jae has been working for Yoon Beom, I mean he is sort of a double agent keeping an eye on Lee Chang Joon. I'll have to wait to confirm the theory.

@Tee- Sama could be but Yeo Jin, we have very little access to her inner thoughts. And lets be honest, Shi Mok still shares information with her selectively. So, my question is, does she have any inkling of Shi Mok's true extent of ruthlessness and manipulative side. If so, why does she still trust him. What does she see in him beyond the surface....And if not, will she once she has the full picture?

25 minutes ago, ddeokbokkii said:

Base on the above conversation, I don't think Chief Lee married his wife for love. Unfortunately, he's using her father powerful political influence to advance his own career.

Yes, but he said that "I would've left your father a long time ago." He didn't mention her at all.

11 hours ago, ddeokbokkii said:

Hi there, so Lee Chang-Joon is your main suspect, is this your final answer?.

Moving the post counts to new page. Easier for everyone to keep track.

Main suspect list:

Eun-Soo                           Prosecutor                           @maddymappo@poloska@Tee- Sama, @meechuttso

Kim Jung-Bon                  SM childhood friend             @UnniSarah, @kiklaminHo@ross27, @lexicon  

Young Il-Jae                     Eun-Soo father                    @yonaomi123, @annagriss8, @jongski

Lee Yeon-Jae                   Chief Lee's wife                   @nona88, @ddeokbokkii@Runa Chatterjee

Lee Chang-Joon              Chief Lee himself                 @st4rdust, @DreamCatcher2011

Section Chief Kang          Full name???                       @bebebisous33

Kim Woo-Kyun                Police Chief Kim                    @penelop3

If you have not done so, please tell us who your main suspect is, thanks.

Don't worry, you can change your choice anytime. I understand that we still have the second half of this series to watch, and there's still a lot of thing can happen before the end of this show. My main purpose of this list is to see which character attract the audience the most as the main suspect. The more people participate the better result we will end up with.

Yes. Lee Chang Joon is the main suspect

5 minutes ago, Tee- Sama said:

Yes, but he said that "I would've left your father a long time ago." He didn't mention her at all.

It's the same thing as saying he would have left her. If her father isn't a powerful political leader, the marriage would never

had happened. He would find another powerful political daughter to marry.

8 minutes ago, DreamCatcher2011 said:

Yes. Lee Chang Joon is the main suspect

Thank you, I already put your nick in the list.

12 hours ago, ddeokbokkii said:

Hi there, so Lee Chang-Joon is your main suspect, is this your final answer?.

Main suspect list:

Eun-Soo                           Prosecutor                           @maddymappo@poloska@Tee- Sama, @meechuttso

Kim Jung-Bon                  SM childhood friend             @UnniSarah, @kiklaminHo@ross27, @lexicon  

Young Il-Jae                     Eun-Soo father                    @yonaomi123, @annagriss8, @jongski

Lee Yeon-Jae                   Chief Lee's wife                   @nona88, @ddeokbokkii@Runa Chatterjee

Lee Chang-Joon              Chief Lee himself                 @st4rdust, @DreamCatcher2011

Kim Woo-Kyun                Police Chief Kim                    @penelop3

Don't worry, you can change your choice anytime. I understand that we still have the second half of this series to watch, and there's still a lot of thing can happen before the end of this show. My main purpose of this list is to see which character attract the audience the most as the main suspect. The more people participate the better result we will end up with.

Police Chief Kim and Lee Yoen Jae (the wife )....I believe there are two murderes

9 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

could be but Yeo Jin, we have very little access to her inner thoughts. And lets be honest, Shi Mok still shares information with her selectively. So, my question is, does she have any inkling of Shi Mok's true extent of ruthlessness and manipulative side. If so, why does she still trust him. What does she see in him beyond the surface....And if not, will she once she has the full picture?

Yes, that's true. She may share all her information with him, but he shares selective information with her (usually calls her for favors, when he sees Eun Soo enter his office he disconnects his call with Yeo Jin). Shi Mok's a complete mystery, so obviously she doesn't know much about him (she may not know anything about his dark past). As I said before, she may trust him because she's extremely perceptive/she's a good judge of one's character. She doesn't suspect him, he seems innocent (clueless even). He's so emotionally unavailable that it's adorable (his social skills make her laugh). Can you really blame her for trusting him? He's a little teddy bear.

What does she see in him? She sees a lost child. A child who deserves respect, comfort and love. No wonder she tries to guide him towards the right path.

Even if she comes to know everything about him and his dark past, she'll not leave his side. Never forget that she told him that she'll get him out of trouble.

Main suspect list:

Eun-Soo                           Prosecutor                           @maddymappo@poloska@Tee- Sama, @meechuttso

Kim Jung-Bon                  SM childhood friend             @UnniSarah, @kiklaminHo@ross27, @lexicon  

Lee Chang-Joon              Chief Lee himself                 @st4rdust, @DreamCatcher2011

Kim Woo-Kyun                Police Chief Kim                    @penelop3, @Nymeria289

17 minutes ago, ddeokbokkii said:

It's the same thing as saying he would have left her. If her father isn't a powerful political leader, the marriage would never

had happened. He would find another powerful political daughter to marry.

Hmmm... it's very sad. But I like Mr. Lee's wife, I don't know why, but I do admire her fierce devotion towards her husband.

21 minutes ago, annagriss8 said:

Behind the scene

Thank you for the video chingu.:wub:

55 minutes ago, Tee- Sama said:

Yes, that's true. She may share all her information with him, but he shares selective information with her (usually calls her for favors, when he sees Eun Soo enter his office he disconnects his call with Yeo Jin). Shi Mok's a complete mystery, so obviously she doesn't know much about him (she may not know anything about his dark past). As I said before, she may trust him because she's extremely perceptive/she's a good judge of one's character. She doesn't suspect him, he seems innocent (clueless even). He's so emotionally unavailable that it's adorable (his social skills make her laugh). Can you really blame her for trusting him? He's a little teddy bear.

What does she see in him? She sees a lost child. A child who deserves respect, comfort and love. No wonder she tries to guide him towards the right path.

Even if she comes to know everything about him and his dark past, she'll not leave his side. Never forget that she told him that she'll get him out of trouble.

I agree with you here. YJ sees SM as a child, who only started learning how to do many things, smile, trust and feel in general. That's why she's drawing his emotions, like, hey! Our baby did something new! And to me, she's the only one who sees his true self. Not cold, unemotional mosnter, but a person who lost ability to feel like other people, but maybe not completely lost ability to feel? He's different, but that's doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a chance to be a human.

25 minutes ago, poloska said:

I agree with you here. YJ sees SM as a child, who only started learning how to do many things, smile, trust and feel in general. That's why she's drawing his emotions, like, hey! Our baby did something new! And to me, she's the only one who sees his true self. Not cold, unemotional mosnter, but a person who lost ability to feel like other people, but maybe not completely lost ability to feel? He's different, but that's doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a chance to be a human.

Yes, he's not completely a lost cause. He can feel and show emotions (it's very subtle and just hard for him as compared to other people). And he deserves to lead a happy life. I just hope that Yeo Jin stays with him (even as a companion).

CHEERS EVERYONE ON GETTING PAST 50 PAGES crazy-monkey-emoticon-017.gifcrazy-monkey-emoticon-040.gif

I woke up today to see my local newspaper carry this in their "Today's entertainment" section

OaCqAh3.jpg?1

I was squealing sooo hard bliss-smiley.gifbliss-smiley.gifI was like for real they showcased FOS! and then I wished they had a better screencap showing both JSW and BDN

I mean it rarely happens that my very regional newspaper carries any article on Kdrama (KOrean entertainment is largely unheard of here) so I was so stoked that some one in their entertainment section had good taste :tongue: and they realised how desperate we are for the new ep LOL

43 minutes ago, littleloony said:

I was squealing sooo hard bliss-smiley.gifbliss-smiley.gifI was like for real they showcased FOS! and then I wished they had a better screencap showing both JSW and BDN

OMG, I already want to read this article!!! 08-cindysuen-excited.gif

1 hour ago, annagriss8 said:

:heart: one day I'll design a montage of all his side profiles.

Omoo! Have we seen him without his coat earlier? He sure is brave to put up a chart with all those faces in his office!!

5 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I've been meaning to write this. So far with all the talk about culprit and the whole who can be trusted around Shi Mok, I came through some interesting comments on DB. I think we are always talking about how Yeo Jin brings the best out in Shi Mok but what about when she isn't around. He is still very much the same person. He avoids most interactions if possible, he is cold and as long as it doesn't get in the way of his investigation, he is willing to risk even people. He was very cold when is came to handling the Cable guy, the first case. It is true that had he not rushed the whole investigation back then, a lot could've been different. Following that, the knife, breaking into Mi-Ah's home after scarily threatening the driver. Also, latest one would be how he didn't exactly care for Park's son and I don't think he cares much about sacrificial lambs either. Eun Soo, he knew he would need a gun when he followed Eun Soo but he never tried to stop Dong Jae from choking her to death. Sure, she didn't die, it was her fault but he didn't even try to make a sound to distract Dong Jae. I am starting to think, he took that gun out for his own protection, not Eun Soo's. If by the logic that Shi Mok used to make Eun Soo prime suspect that she doesn't care about her own life, does she care about others as long as she gets her revenge, the same is true for Shi Mok. He is capable of seeing someone die right in front of his eyes as long as it gives him the answers that he wants, he is equally capable of cold-blooded murder. I am not saying he killed somebody but can he not do the same? He only lacks motive so far that too based on his little to no interactions with CEO park.

With all of his glaringly uncaring attitude toward other living beings still in place, how would Yeo Jin react to all of it? Will she still be able to trust Shi Mok. The whole world knows him to be some sort of rage monster/psychopath. If this side of Shi Mok ever is revealed to Yeo Jin, will she be able to write him off her suspect list. I am curious about that?

Chingu @Nymeria289 and she knows that he is cold neither will it faze her. It isn't that uncaring toward other living beings it's simply he is testing people to truly understand them. Most of WH people he works with are liars, corrupt and don't know he meaning behind honor. He can't trust them because he probably caught them in a lie which made steer away for interacting with people since he can't comprehend human emotion. Can you imagine that the only way you can read them is through micro expression and I am positive can be unnerving.  I truly believe he must have been lots of time and finally decided to steer away from people because people can be very cruel to people who are different. 

For wxample Section Chief Kang tried to get him to do his dirty job but he is still talking behind his back, looking at him with disgust but he thought he could use him and then discard him when it suits him. Remember Shi Mok said that he doesn't want to framed.  He sees the way theses people operate and it made extra extra careful. :bawling::bawling:

4 hours ago, Tee- Sama said:

This is a very valid point. When Yeo Jin isn't around Shi Mok acts all cold, rational and methodical. But we can't really blame him, he went through partial lobotomy. The only reasonable conclusion for his altered behavior in the company of Yeo Jin is that she affects/influences him, his thinking, and ultimately his words/actions. Or may be Yeo Jin has plot armor because she's the main female lead. The author can indeed do anything.

Do you remember the scene where she gently berates Shi Mok outside the sauna (after he brutally interrogates and blames CEO Park's mother)? That's how she'll react. She will scold him gently. She'll still trust him and will not judge him harshly. She'll be surprised/shocked by his attitude, but she'll still stick with him. NO MATTER WHAT.

She has suspected him once, she won't do it again. At this point, she trusts him with her very life.

Now, I have a question. Does she somehow know about Shi Mok's past? She treats him so gently like she almost knows about his surgery. She talks to him softly, she's never harsh towards him. She's always forgiving, gives him space. Doesn't bother him. Doesn't pry or prod. She becomes impatient, he frustrates her sometimes but she still forgets about everything, swallows her anger and pride and keeps talking to him about the case (this takes a lot of willpower). She's either extremely perceptive about people (because she's a policewoman/detective) or she knows something about Shi Mok. Or I'm just blowing everything out of proportion and the author is just playing with my feels.:D

But then she talks to herself and says, "Psycho my a**. People are just jealous of him because he's famous." And she suspects him like a normal police officer, but then she crosses out his name from the suspects' list (because her trust on him was rekindled). So on second thought, I don't think that she knows anything about his past. But, she's an extremely perceptive person and a very good judge of character. She observes and then concludes (just like Shi Mok).

@Tee- Sama  Exactly Yeo Jin will scold him when he treats people coldly or if he is disrespecting but like you is because of the surgery he is thay way. I don't blame him and I stilllllll love me some Shi Mok. Yeo Jin willl never distance herself from him but will try to understand his point of view but still tell him when he is wrong. 

I lthink be how she told of his Inferiority  and then he had to think about it before answering her . Then he admitted to it which I found so funny. He is an open book can be refreshing but let's be honest no one want honesty in the world because the truth hurts especially if it is from someone they love or respect.

Shi Mok's honesty is what throws people off because they want half truth or want to praised. 

16 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Tee- Sama  Exactly Yeo Jin will scold him when he treats people coldly or if he is disrespecting but like you is because of the surgery he is thay way. I don't blame him and I stilllllll love me some Shi Mok. Yeo Jin willl never distance herself from him but will try to understand his point of view but still tell him when he is wrong. 

I lthink be how she told of his Inferiority  and then he had to think about it before answering her . Then he admitted to it which I found so funny. He is an open book can be refreshing but let's be honest no one want honesty in the world because the truth hurts especially if it is from someone they love or respect.

Shi Mok's honesty is what throws people off because they want half truth or want to praised. 

Yes, but his honesty saddens Yeo Jin sometimes. It never throws her off. Intriguing, correct?:wub:

Archived