[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

46 minutes ago, princess nour90 said:

As much as i want it to be a happy ending , i don't want writer takes reincarnation route , i prefer sad ending with ET death than reincarnation , if ET is reincarnated she won't be the same character like what happened with Queen "Sunny" , she has a different character 

i want ET as ET not reincarnation 

I am also okay with this kind of ending.. Sad but at least somehow satisfying vs reincarnation then the cycle will be repeated again and again.. If they both end up together, then I would love for them to be mortals/humans and not a demi god/gob whatever.. 

• Like 7

Chinggus,

Few questions..maybe someone can shed the light for me..

1. What does DW meant by "I guess you did not know" when KS came to claim his properties,right after he said he just want his house, his identity, credit card and his nephew back?

2. I think I read somewhere asking the same question about why it took 9 years for ET to blow a candle and summon KS? I know she could not remember but I do hope in between these 2 eps, it could be explain well.. I believe it might be because she had this habit shen she was small, when her mom passed away, she decided not to blow any candles until 9 years after. Probably, after she felt the lost (even if she did not remember why) she decided not to blow any candles until then..hmm..what do guys think?

3. Again..someone commented (sorry I could not quote who here sine the thread is moving very fast) that the last preview is when both ET and KS are in the tea room. And when ET said "Let's meet again", it was dark background, but the stairs to the reincarnation room, if I'm not mistaken was sunny and bright (remember the little girl with her mom as well as the boy/man KS help in Canada?). So, it might be different scenes altogether #againdontwanttopanicyet #KESdontdisappointus #Asiahadenoughflooding #pleasenomoresadtears #happyending

• Like 5

13 hours ago, ucylucy said:

C2nh5OQUcAAk4a7.jpg

Not signed in

Because the deities are self-centered, vengeful and imperfect, as the elderly lady shin told JET's mother during the 1st episode.  It feeds the Deity's vanity to think that he has won and yet he is not perfect either - he ends up leaving a door or window open because again "Fate is the question that I ask someone.  The answer you must find yourself."

And maybe, just maybe the Deity has a similar view of the world as Goblin: "Most people just stay in that moment of miracle and ask for one more.  They say they know I'm there.   It's as if I owe them miracles.  But you changed your life.  That's why I've always been rooting for you."  The young Parisian boy tried to create "miracles" for others and passed it on.

And Deity probably wants to see if humans understand this concept.  Most do not.

2 minutes ago, inna75 said:

Chinggus,

1. What does DW meant by "I guess you did not know" when KS came to claim his properties,right after he said he just want his house, his identity, credit card and his nephew back?

2. I think I read somewhere asking the same question about why it took 9 years for ET to blow a candle and summon KS? I know she could not remember but I do hope in between these 2 eps, it could be explain well.. I believe it might be because she had this habit shen she was small, when her mom passed away, she decided not to blow any candles until 9 years after. Probably, after she felt the lost (even if she did not remember why) she decided not to blow any candles until then..hmm..what do guys think?

3. Again..someone commented (sorry I could not quote who here sine the thread is moving very fast) that the last preview is when both ET and KS are in the tea room. And when ET said "Let's meet again", it was dark background, but the stairs to the reincarnation room, if I'm not mistaken was sunny and bright (remember the little girl with her mom as well as the boy/man KS help in Canada?). So, it might be different scenes altogether #againdontwanttopanicyet #KESdontdisappointus #Asiahadenoughflooding #pleasenomoresadtears #happyending

On your second question (I have no ideas for your great 1st and 3rd questions), somehow I thought that it was connected to what GR told JET when they were peeling garlic together and how he silently told her a secret about the fact that some grim reaper will visit her every 9 years and that she is always vulnerable every 9 years.  Unfortunately, the tie is not entirely clear or how Goblin was able to return due to her blowing out the candle.  I suspect the real answer is hidden in the versions before they were edited.

• Like 8

What can I say? I absolutely loved this episode. I can't help but make a comparison to another drama I'm watching that is also about reincarnation; love the actress and actor in that drama. However, Goblin has a well written story and plot; the past history ties in nicely with future. My other drama has lost it's way for me--too many unnecessary deaths. This drama has it all to me, action, humor and tear jerking love scenes; more than that, it's a drama I can rewatch and will rewatch. I hate that it's ending.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, inna75 said:

Chinggus,

1. What does DW meant by "I guess you did not know" when KS came to claim his properties,right after he said he just want his house, his identity, credit card and his nephew back? Could it be about leasing out Goblin's house?

2. I think I read somewhere asking the same question about why it took 9 years for ET to blow a candle and summon KS? I know she could not remember but I do hope in between these 2 eps, it could be explain well.. I believe it might be because she had this habit shen she was small, when her mom passed away, she decided not to blow any candles until 9 years after. Probably, after she felt the lost (even if she did not remember why) she decided not to blow any candles until then..hmm..what do guys think? I think the same. I think she is mentally as depressed and desperate as she was 9 years back. I was sad to see her popping pills!!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, cristapark said:

Eventhough it was just a short sentence when JET  talk to the receptionist,, I think her English pronunciation is good,, Surely she can speak and converse well too.. I haven't heard her talking except oh my god

dont want to criticize but I notice that some Korean drama when they have English line,,some sounds unnatural

it's not a surprise for Kim Go Eun since she had lived for around 10 years in China..

though this may be already post in other pages behind, I want to make sure.. does today's episode still will be started at 8.00 KST??

• Like 4

I believe the intimate couch kiss scene between Kim Shin and Eun Tak was shot in Quebec (please correct me if i'm wrong)....i must applaud both of them since the sweetest scene of redemption in this drama was shot at the earlier schedule....Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun looks like they were really in love and are sooo happy to be back in each other arms again....considering that its their first time working together...they were able to show how much they loved and missed each other....what an amazing chemistry indeed!!! I hope there will be massive GIF posted here   right after their couch kiss scene!!! :lol::wub:

• Like 13

1 hour ago, ceressi said:

I am so calm right now.. maybe because i don't mind sad ending things.. since i am a fan of tragic ending story, one that executed very well of course.. *i know i am the only one here* It will be even great if it can be like Soredemo Ikite Yuku ending..my number 1 favourite drama of the bitter sweat ending.. if i am the writer i will make this drama have my preference ending.. bittersweet one.. sad love ending.. so it can hurts me so good.. *yes i am masochist that way* :ph34r:

So whether it will be happy or sad (well if it really will be a sad one it will be huge plus for me :D).. it doesnt matter for me..  as long as it will be done nicely, fittingly, deservely, memorably, logically..

But lucky you have KES as the writer... So I just don't buy her "I will make this have a sad love ending.." bait.. 

@pnaysurfer84 @kiranzz @valzki kkk..... we'll see... :heart:

Ohhh i am loving so much too the Round and Round new version.. I keep replaying IT too.. the arragement surprisingly felt very nice and blend so well... thanks God Han Soo Ji is still featuring.. I warmed to the Round and Round song faster that Beautiful's Crush version.. Until now i still prefer Beautiful Guide version... 

Dont worry, you're not alone! haha Im okay with the sad ending as long as it's  executed well. 

it doesnt matter for me..  as long as it will be done nicely, fittingly, deservinglyy, memorably, logically.. -i couldn't agree more! 

• Like 5

just watched with subs,love this eps,all of the scene

but what memorable scene is when wang yeo want to give eun tak letter to sunny,

when they meet,suddenly sad songs by urban zakapa,boom so perfect.

actually the songs are sad theme for eun tak and kim shin,but still perfect for sunny and wang yeo

• Like 11

4 hours ago, blumilk said:

Loved the episode for all the points u mentioned! 

Just want to add to the question of why KS was brought back now... 

DH as the deity said he felt a door opening. 

Possibly the door opening was the fact that JET was going to face death at 29 years (this was already fated and seen by GR so we should expect this to happen). So this will be the opportunity to let them be together, either both as a mortal couple or both as immortals. 

Because if only KS remains an immortal it is still not a happy ending 

With respect to the "heart remembering," despite my misgivings about how Kdramas drag everything out, it seems like most of the Kdrama writers have watched "Random Harvest," a very old movie with Greer Garson and Ronald Coleman.  It is a great movie from the 1940s but difficult to remake in its original form nowadays but the themes and concepts from that movie live in almost every well-written Kdrama romance/fantasy, etc.  At the end of the day, facts are good, logic is good but the heart remembers even when the head does not.

• Like 5

done watching episode 14, all in all, I LOVE IT! a little bit "huh" for the ending, not that i dislike it, but more like, "i want more" and then i remember that we will get two episode tonight B)

about Round and Round song, it's a pretty good, not what i expected tho, with this song i'm not hearing a K-ost drama sound in there which is good for once in while, different from any other k-drama ost *just imo* but still, my fave is Ailee's song. tears everytime i heard it while watching Shintak scenes. 

already calm down with the newest preview after reading all your speculation about the scene. i hope we will get a TRULLY happy ending. *eyes on you KES*

ShinTak from last night, their smile, sweetest :wub::wub:

tumblr_ok3scbz85A1w3va0wo5_400.gif

tumblr_ok3scbz85A1w3va0wo6_400.gif

and can't help but laugh with this scene :D

tumblr_ok3s3lkgVx1rqg3fvo2_500.gif

gif cre: owner @ tumblr

• Like 23

54 minutes ago, cidorta said:

At least is not only me that feels the same, i usually dont like to written negative comments but this is one of the few times that I have done so.  I think is due I wish so hard for this OST be released since day 1 and my expectation grew higher when was announced that the decision was made to release OST and I lowered my expectation a little when I heard that original signer was not going to sing the released version but still I thought that I will get something close to the original and but instead I felt nothing hearing the full song.  Nothing except disapointment.

To bad that they decided to release song now it would had been better to either wait until maybe original singer could record and maybe release song when drama comes on video or not at all.

I'm suprise that no one from TVN, PD, writter, editors didn't thought from the beginning that the intro song was so good that people will like it and wanted to be an OST released if they have noticed from the beginning when they were recording the short version of the haunting melody that is just perfect for the drama they would had be able to get the original composer and singer to complete the song.

wait, who's the orginal singer?