[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

My translation for Reaper BTS #17

Translation:

Title of Video: [Actor Lee Dong Wook] The Reaper’s Day that is cold and hungry.

Caption: The Reaper’s day that is cold and hungry.

Caption (above Wookie): [This] looks delicious.

Caption: Cold

Caption: Hungry

Caption: A cold and hungry existence as a Reaper.

Caption: A very cold day! Reaper is in the middle of being punished.

Caption: Reaper is also working very hard today.

Caption: Filming for the fans... Check. hehe

Caption: Selecting a spot just in time for a halo to form around his head.

Caption: Filming with a pious heart… (Not really…)

Caption: I’m sorry. (So good-looking…)

Caption: I’m sorry. (So cute…)

Caption (Wookie): Clap your hand, clap your hand.

Caption: HAHAHAH

Caption: Enthusiastic direction of adlib.

Everyone: laughs

Sunny: It’s meant to be scary! Laughs

Caption: Reaper who creates the atmosphere of the film set.

Sunny: No… but really… [is it okay?]

Reaper: Of course~~

Reaper (looks directly at the camera): What?

Caption: What is it? It’s a shot for the fans (wink)!

Caption: Getting familiar with the perfect script, being immersed in the character = the birth of adlib!

Caption: Ah, Reaper, your face is already interesting [to look at] ^^.

Caption: Thinking of his fans, Reaper [reveals] the secret for the colour of his lips. Heh

Caption: Reaper takes the No.1 spot for the [best] soft gaze.

Reaper: What is this…? Mango?

Caption: An exceedingly hungry Reaper.

Caption: Why are you not eating the food that is lying right in front of your eyes?

Caption: Why could you not say that you want to eat it?

Caption: A round of adlib.

Caption: Adlib to dispel the tired atmosphere on set.

Caption: Returning in glory and with a proud smile.

Caption: Returning the ring in a cool manner. Heh.

Comments:

I guess that Wookie must be on a strict diet. He does look tired and hungry in this BTS video, but he always tries hard to uplift the mood on set. :) Hwaiting, Wookie!

• Like 18

8 hours ago, juliacaesar said:

Just wanted to take a moment to make sure everyone could appreciate what you guys have written down here so well. I sincerely agree with you. Also, welcome to the forums @kelly1986 :) 

Here's one for y'all bashing the "situation": if you want to talk about age gap: Did we see viewers complain about the age gap during My Love From The Stars? Wasn't he also like, 500 years older than his human love? So 500 is fine but 900 is not... Lol. Both of their characters are adults, but the difference is that the actor Jun Ji Hyun is older and looks older than Kim Go Eun , which makes their appearance of the leads in MLFTS look like they are of similar age. But this is a drama, which means it is fiction. The lead characters in that drama had that unreal age gap, but it worked out just fine. The two actors are adults. The leads characters in this drama also have this unreal age gap. The two actors are also both adults. How is this any different at all? Why can't we just let this ridiculous subject go already? 

Anyway, this is not why I wanted to make a post here from the beginning actually. I just wanted you guys to see how bored I was... 

You guys must remember this scene. Well, I did a thing... Her outfit alone makes her look like a hot dog :lol:

Hey! Welcome to the thread. Keep posting more, I love your dry sense of humor lol.

• Like 3

Hello everyone!

This is my first post in this thread (previously i only read and insert a comment. hehe). I was nice to know you :)

There are many pictures of our lovely main characters but in my first post i want to share this beautiful scenery. Isn't is beautiful? i know all of you remember this place right.

This drama is not only have incredible actors, story, soundtrack but also they know how to make us feel like in heaven while watching every episode. (sorry for my bad English. I hope you'll understand what i mean. hehe)

I can't wait for the next episode of Goblin but also can't believe that this drama will comes to the end very soon.

I hope there will be a very happy ending for both of Kim Shin-Ji Eun Tak and Wang Yeo-Kim Sun :)

Have a nice day, everyone!!

tumblr_oj2wji3PfK1vsheboo2_1280.jpg

• Like 11

15 hours ago, janeeta said:

That statement literally means "YOU'RE MINE". They're a couple and she can't do any of those now cause she's with him. He's shutting down her teasing jokes and staking his claim, quite literally with the necklace. I agree with @nearsea, I'm not sure if you're watching the same show as us. I think it's actually refreshing that we have at least one character who isnt tied to KS's past. She's his doorway into a new beginning, moving on from the past and into a new life of happiness. That he's no longer KS, the goblin, but rather ET's husband, ahjusshi, protector, and CEO.

Hi, just wanted to take a moment to appreciate how you said about ET being Shin's link to a new future. Only after reading your post this struck in my mind that apart from ET every other character had a past life. Though she keeps wondering what she did in her previous life to deserve the punishment to be the goblin's bride, but then we still don't know whether it's a punishment or blessing in disguise. Though ep 11 showed us a glimpse of ET's existence in Shin's life back in goryeo times too, but I'm not sure whether his fate was cursed by then already [whether he was a dokkaebi at that time or an ordinary human.] If not dokkaebi, then why the god showed him the picture of ET? Fate/ destiny does work curiously in this show.

• Like 11

@winterdew Scenes like that (the "forget me" scene in Ep 12) are emotionally draining. I hope the filming doesn't affect their well-being so much. They're already sick, they don't have to suffer mentally, too. To see Sunny crying alone at the end of the scene was difficult for me, because I could still hear Yoo In-na's sobs when the scene faded out.  Like how long seriously did the actress sob? :bawling:

And Lee Dong-wook, too. I bet after Wang Yeo walked away he too was still crying.:bawling:

I read this article once on an American actress who cried and cried after her particularly heartbreaking scene on a tv show. She couldn't stop crying for hours that the set had to be shut down.

The same thing goes for the snow scene in Ep 9 that @ucylucy referred. I agree that it was beautifully filmed, but to tell you the truth I couldn't concentrate on the romance when I watched it for the first time. Because it must've been so difficult, not to mention physically challenging and tiring for Kim Go-eun and Gong Yoo (and the crew).

I kept imagining how cold, like really VERY cold it must've been. I wondered why they couldn't just invent any reasons for both Eun-tak and Kim Shin to wear hats or earmuffs. In the end, I shivered so much I had a fever. :bawling:

P.S. I know artists are very proud of their crafts, and they neither want or need our pity, but I can't help sympathizing with these amazing people.

Edited by selenette
Grammar is my own worst enemy.
  • Like 16

This gets better as you watch more but it's not as good as the first humour video because I kept putting off adding effects since I was really busy. In the end I decided to just upload it but I promise to work on better ones soon:)

Also I found this song (Hey Mickey) kind of funny as it somewhat fits Gong Yoo & Kim Shin here. 

@shynaz You asked me to tag you if I made another humour video:) sorry this isn't as good but I will work on better ones soon^^

• Like 7

hi guys

i would be very grateful if you can help me out. where can i find Gong yoo's HQ images from goblin ? I mean is there a post here that bookmarks them or some fansite or something. or do i have to search 682 pages for them ?

also, isn't there some gong yoo fanclub or something that uploads images/interviews about him? in our country celebs usually have some dedicated website that uploads pretty much every teeny tiny interview of them with magazine scans etc etc..

Does anyone know please ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, makeuptemple said:

jaja ofcourse salt won't work.  It did not work on the person I did not want to come to my palace as well..   try smearing door handles with patchouli oil. I need to go into my notes to find more 4 u..   Try scaring him off lol.   

I would keep myself out ... Hate Patchouli ... smells like mortuary ... like something decays

• Like 3

Even our Goblin is a little disappointed we're getting only 1 episode this week. He was waiting for it anxiously.

giphy.gif giphy.gif

But... he understands the situation and knows it's the right thing to do.

giphy.gif

On a more serious note, in a way, I'm glad the episode was postponed. I see it as consideration to the fans and for the cast/crew. We know they are all very hardworking and must be very tired. Even when it was New Year they aired the episodes. They have to rest a little. Also, they can keep the high quality of the episodes, so we can enjoy it more. I hope all their hard work and efforts will not go unnoticed by the Korean viewers. I hope they will be rewarded by high ratings and even break records (they really deserve it).

• Like 24

I saw this video and found it interesting to listen to comments from Korean TV viewers.

Some questions that have been asked: 

What are the common themes in Korean dramas? LOVE! This is very true...? :lol:

Who is the hottest actor in a drama series right now? MAKE A GUESS! Who else could it be?? XD

Do you think KDrama are realistic? ....... No. Reality is so sad and dry, right? Sighs.

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, rrmski said:

Even our Goblin is a little disappointed we're getting only 1 episode this week. He was waiting for it anxiously.

But... he also understands the situation and knows it was the right thing to do.

On a more serious note, in a way, I'm glad the episode was postponed. I see it as consideration to the fans and for the cast/crew. We know they are all very hardworking and must be very tired. Even when it was New Year they aired the episodes. They have to rest a little. Also, they can keep the high quality of the episodes, so we can enjoy it more. I hope all their hard work and efforts will not go unnoticed by the Korean viewers. I hope they will be rewarded by high ratings and even break records (they really deserve it).

I feel the same way. Like most here, I'm glad that they've made the decision to maintain the quality of the production. I'm not sure if our actors and crew have time to rest at all in the next few weeks. I have a feeling that they would still be filming every day. :( The articles that have been published all allude to how the crew needs more time to shoot some scenes and do post-production. I doubt that they will waste time and money to take a break (which is really stressful, but I suppose everyone on the team hopes to finish filming well).

I hope that this drama series will break records too! Even though I am a fan of R88 too, I wouldn't mind at all if Goblin gets higher ratings! They only have 1.xx % left to beat the highest ratings for R88. 

• Like 10

Wow, I am impressed with the number of analysis this community has to offer. Seeing how there were different opinions about the character development and theories... I can't help it but I feel small. As though I am watching a totally different drama altogether. Hahahaha. 

• Like 3

Big news guys!

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/10/goblin-episode-14-pushed-back-next-week/ 

"We’re going to have to wait a little bit more to see “Goblin” episode 14, originally scheduled for broadcast on January 14. Episode 13 will air on Friday, January 13 as scheduled.

Instead of episode 14, “Goblin” will be airing a special episode explaining the complicated relationships of the characters as well as foreshadowing what’s to come “in order for viewers to be able to enjoy the remaining story with more fun and ease,” said tvN."

I'm sooo INTRIGUED !! what kind of character relationship analysis, yaaaaaa

• Like 8

On 12/27/2016 at 9:36 PM, hairuchii said:

Perhaps most of you would already know this, but the Goblin, Grim Reaper and Deok Hwa dolls are available at http://bonicrew.com/

They will start shipping it from 28th Dec onwards, and we should be very glad to know that they do international shipping too. I have made an order out of impulse. :sweatingbullets: Too adorable to resist. 

Hey just saw your post because I was looking for others who pre ordered the dolls. I preordered mine on Dec 25th, when did you pre-order yours?? I haven't received any notice if my orders are shipped or not, have you? I kept emailing them but I haven't received any reply. Thank you!!! :)

Edited by LyraYoo
Please do not quote images
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, kdramakrazy said:

hi guy

i would be very grateful if you can help me out. where can i find Gong yoo's HQ images from goblin ? I mean is there a post here that bookmarks them or some fansite or something. or do i have to search 682 pages for them ?

also, isn't there some gong yoo fanclub or something that uploads images/interviews about him? in our country celebs usually have some dedicated website that uploads pretty much every teeny tiny interview of them with magazine scans etc etc..

Does anyone know please ?

If you go soompi forums actors and actresses and search Gong yoo, you will find some 1500 pages dedicated for Gong Yoo. May be you will find some thing.

• Like 5