[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Lee Dong Wook Considers Joining Gong Yoo In Highly Anticipated Drama

Lee Dong Wook Considers Joining Gong Yoo In Highly Anticipated Drama

On May 27 it was revealed by a representative that actor Lee Dong Wook is currently considering taking part in a new drama, entitled “Goblin” (working title), by writer Kim Eun Sook. Star writer Kim Eun Sook is the creative writer behind hit dramas such as “Descendants of the Sun.” Lee Dong Wook’s role, if he takes the part, will be the grim reaper.

Lee Dong Wook’s agency, King Kong Entertainment, stated, “We have received an offer from the production crew. We are reviewing the offer favorably.”

It has been previously confirmed that actor Gong Yoo will participate in the drama. This his return to a TV drama in four years. Furthermore, Kim Go Eunis also considering the lead female role.

The drama’s plot revolves around the story of a goblin and grim reaper who live together. The goblin needs a human bride to end his immortal life, while the grim reaper suffers from amnesia.

“Goblin” is set to air in November on tvN.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/05/26/lee-dong-wook-considers-joining-gong-yoo-in-highly-anticipated-drama/

• Like 10

Lee Dong-wook considers reaper role in fantasy drama Goblin

by girlfriday | May 26, 2016

LeeDongWook1.jpg

Oh, interesting. Lee Dong-wook (Bubblegum) is up for the role of a reaper who takes up residence with goblin Gong Yoo (Big) in tvN’s new fantasy romance drama Goblin, which sets us up for bromancey cohabitation. Part of me is disappointed — I was holding out hope that the heroine would be the reaper in this story. But how could I possibly have anything against a bromance between two beautiful immortals? As for the human realm, Kim Go-eun (Cheese in the Trap) is considering an offer to play Gong Yoo’s love interest, the human bride he’s looking for to end his eternal life.

read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/05/lee-dong-wook-considers-reaper-role-in-fantasy-drama-goblin/

• Like 10

one more article

Lee Dong Wook to work with Kim Go Eun and Gong Yoo for a new drama?

Spoiler

lee-dong-wook_1464314257_af_org.jpg

Lee Dong Wook has been offered a role in upcoming tvN drama 'Goblin'!

Previously, Gong Yoo was confirmed as the drama's lead male while Kim Go Eun said she was looking into the offer for the female lead. 

Lee Dong Wook's label King Kong Entertainment stated, "It is true that he was offered a role for the new tvN drama 'Golbin', and he is positively looking into it." Currently, 'Goblin' is receiving great attention for its cast, but also for the writer, one of the geniuses behind hit drama 'Descendants of the Sun'. 

What do you think of the possible cast of 'Goblin' so far? 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/05/lee-dong-wook-to-work-with-kim-go-eun-and-gong-yoo-for-a-new-drama

• Like 7

Kim Go-eun nabs lead role in ‘Goblin’ drama

Spoiler

26174058.jpg

May 27,2016
  26174058.jpg

Actress Kim Go-eun has landed a lead role in the upcoming romantic comedy drama series “Goblin” that will be penned by star screenwriter Kim Eun-sook, who recently wrote the hugely successful series “Descendants of the Sun.”

In the fantasy romance drama, Kim will pair up with actor Gong Yoo of “Train to Busan” (2016).

The drama series is scheduled to hit the air in November on tvN, and it is reportedly based on a Korean fairytale story which is about a relationship between a goblin who wants to end its immortal life and a death angel.

Actress Kim is one of the most prolific actors these days. Her recent film “Canola” is currently screening nationwide and the 25-year-old actress appeared in the hit drama series “Cheese in the Trap” earlier this year, for which she received acclaim for her portrayal of Hong Seol, the lead female character, from the fans of the original webtoon.

Meanwhile, writer Kim is often dubbed the queen of romantic comedy drama series.

The last episode of “Descendants of the Sun” earned a viewership rating of 38.8 percent last month. With many people enjoying entertainment across various platforms including the Internet and smartphones, drama series these days rarely earn more than 15 percent of viewership.

Kim also wrote a slew of hit drama series. “The Heirs” (2013), “Secret Garden” (2010-2011) and “Lovers in Paris” (2004) are some of her creations.

BY SUNG SO-YOUNG

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3019214

• Like 6

if lee Dong wook confirmed this news then the focus 'll be on 2 male leads and may be a bro-romance so they choose Kim go eun a new drama actress as female lead not a list actress like Ha ji won yoon eun hye  gong hyo jin :phew:

• Like 5

On 5/27/2016 at 3:46 AM, ronayJ said:

Kim Goeun is a beautiful and talented actress and the fact that she is getting hate because she isn't to the bar of 'pretty and popular ' is sad,shouldn't her talent be the only thing that matters and not her looks? 

We all have different POV..

because Viewers really "anticipated" her next project ! And high expectation after dots ! In viewers eyes "kim eun sook" always choose the popular and eye candy also talented actress. :) (NOTE: This is based on her previous project, its not my personal opinion)

• Like 8

Another reason to anticipate this.... Lee Dong Wook.... But why not picking someone else for the female lead? It's not Go Eun a bad one,... It's just I wish it's offered to someone else.... or the someone else reject it and Go-Eun is the first to response??

Anyway... I hope Dong Wook is in the house.... I must admit KES always has her own way to tell the story... and it's good... though sometimes she slipped on telling us the end.

BUt I agree with below netizen comment when I read Kim Go Eun in talk for female lead in this drama

4. [+5,906, -441] Uhh....... hmm.... ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

• Like 9

Everything is sounding good till now... good writer, excellent director... and top class actor.. I am having mixed feelings about Kim Go Eun though. She is gorgeous but I haven't seen her really act! Who knows may be this is the drama which brings out the best in her!! I will give her one thing... she looks beautiful in tragic scenes... may be that would work for this drama.

All said I would watch this drama just for Gong Yoo!!! :wub:

• Like 5

Sad that all the negative news about KGE. 

It was the same thing when she was cast in Cheese - sigh.... we all can't be Song Hye Kyo or Yoon Eun Hae....

I for one am looking forward to this drama. Lee Dong Wook and Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun? *pushes all her chips on the table to the banker*

• Like 16
  • Love 1

Lee Dong Wook and Gong Yoo in one drama???! Are they trying to kill our hearts?! 

With regards to KGE's casting, Kim Eun Sook always has a huge role in casting. She writes her characters around her actors/actresses so she must have a good reason for casting KGE. I personally really liked KGE in CITT and she's done quite good in her movies. I have full faith in the team's choice of casting her. 

• Like 10

Lee Dong Wook joins the cast of 'Goblin'

AKR20160527053300033_01_i_99_20160527095

Yonhap News - Naver: [Exclusive] Lee Dong Wook too becomes Kim Eun Sook's man... to be a sexy Grim Reaper in 'Goblin'

1. [+4,972, -77] Woah, I hope Lee Dong Wook finally shoots to fame too..

2. [+4,227, -68] Lee Dong Wook has good visuals and acting skills but he's one of those actors who has no luck..."Sexy Grim Reaper", the role suits him. Do well this time! ㅎ

3. [+4,712, -328] Everything sounds good, just change the female lead ㅠㅜ

4. [+3,997, -280] Make as much effort with casting a female lead as you did with casting the male lead. Kim Go Eun is not the right one

5. [+2,257, -92] Kim Eun Sook indeed chooses and saves those who can't get popular ㄷㄷ Can she turn him into a Hallyu star?

6. [+681, -31] Won't Lee Dong Wook look prettier on screen than the female lead though? ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

7. [+804, -31] Just needs to take out Kim Go Eun

8. [+733, -66] Hoping Kim Go Eun's casting news isn't true ㅋㅋ Sorry... ㅠ

9. [+732, -70] The female lead should at least have the acting skills or the looks, one would suffice.. but they picked someone who's uncomfortable to look at.. It cut my excitement in half..

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/05/lee-dong-wook-joins-cast-of-goblin.html

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

it seems Goblin 'll be shoot in Canada and currently crew traveled to Canada to find suitable location

And according to this article it'll be pre-produced drama and lee dong wook and kim go eun already confirmed to appear in this drama:):wub:

#Goblin #Gong yoo #lee dong wook #kim go eun fighting :blush:

201606081540009110_1.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201606081540009110

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=900926

• Like 8

5 hours ago, princess nour90 said:

it seems Goblin 'll be shoot in Canada and currently crew traveled to Canada to find suitable location

And according to this article it'll be pre-produced drama and lee dong wook and kim go eun already confirmed to appear in this drama:):wub:

#Goblin #Gong yoo #lee dong wook #kim go eun fighting :blush:

201606081540009110_1.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201606081540009110

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=900926

@princess nour90 thanks for sharing info. Are you sure it will be pre-produced? I haven't found this info in articles :( Of course I have translated through google and maybe have missed something. And there were no confirmation for Lee Dong Wook either. It is said that in google translator "Lee Dong Wook also being coordinated appearance".

• Like 3

Just now, Princi_86 said:

@princess nour90 thanks for sharing info. Are you sure it will be pre-produced? I haven't found this info in articles :( Of course I have translated through google and maybe have missed something. And there were no confirmation for Lee Dong Wook either. It is said that in google translator "Lee Dong Wook also being coordinated appearance".

we can only hope ^_^

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

This according to newsen

한편 '도깨비'는 올 11월 방영을 목표로 사전제작에 나선다. 공유

김고은 이동욱 등이 캐스팅됐다.

"Goblin is pre-produced aims to air this November. share (Gong Yoo)
Kim Go-Eun Lee Dong Wook, were cast."

so let's hope they'll act together:wub:

• Like 5