[Drama 2017] Ms. Perfect (Perfect Wife) 완벽한 아내

Go Seung Ji

11 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I get the impression that he lost his memory of her....maybe after the accident. She also seems delusional. So are we looking at reality with her or fantasy? Was JH in the car willingly, or had she tricked him.

I agree, it doesn't make sense otherwise for him not to remember his college girlfriend. Something happened that changed the projectory of his music career.

Hello dramalovers @lclarakl   Its been awhile!  I agree, felt some of her memory may be delusional or fantasy.  

AS of Episode 12:  

Those pictures in her fantasy room, none of the ones shown are of EH and JH? Just of him and JB and family.  

So far I am disgusted with all the people who are being bought off to set JB and JH up.  The x boyfriend who married EH (what is that about?), the creepy manager, the lawyer who is selling out his partner and employee.  NM seems the most innocent because she was desperate to save her mother and then fell in love with JH and they never slept together (this is fiction), but that kind of saves them both from being totally unpleasant without conscience.  And I don't think KBG is really planning to sell out to EH either. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I also think that EH/EK might have killed the real EH, taking on the identity of the rich daughter of the company (SJ) boss? But, Brian was introduced as the son of SJ's boss. I am confused. I remember they weren't from rich background, as revealed by Ahjumma's friend, the angry wife who kept chasing JB's friend.

@ktcjdrama    Hello, I am also wondering how EH and Bryan came upon that fortune of money and how Bryan is the son of the cheobol.  But the mom does not have control of the money even though Bryan and EH are independent seemingly.  And of course as also pointed out maybe EH and her mother had to assume the new identity of someone they are replacing or killed. Did EH meet her in Canada and bump her off before coming back to SK and she was heiress? 

23 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Hello dramalovers @lclarakl   Its been awhile!  I agree, felt some of her memory may be delusional or fantasy.  

AS of Episode 12:  

Those pictures in her fantasy room, none of the ones shown are of EH and JH? Just of him and JB and family.  

So far I am disgusted with all the people who are being bought off to set JB and JH up.  The x boyfriend who married EH (what is that about?), the creepy manager, the lawyer who is selling out his partner and employee.  NM seems the most innocent because she was desperate to save her mother and then fell in love with JH and they never slept together (this is fiction), but that kind of saves them both from being totally unpleasant without conscience.  And I don't think KBG is really planning to sell out to EH either. 

Well @maddymappo  I see our taste in dramas are still the same.. This one is a real piece of work, I still think EH/EK had a onesided crush for JH and maybe he was just nice to her and help her a time or two in school and mistook that for love.. From the flashback of them in school that seen seems innocent to me nothing that indicare they were dating but him treating her as a friend may have let her come listens to him practice as some guy's do and it dosen't mean that they were dating.. I think she read him all wrong. I;m wondering did the accident happen that night he first laid eyes on JB at there concert.. But I say if he wants to get engage to her and even marry let him because this family have to many different last names and somebody she's paying to help cover her identity. But one thing for sure she did something to the real EH and maybe her brother.. Maybe killed one and lock the other up.. If something happen to the real ones as kids mom could have took there identity to give her kids a better life..     

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

Well @maddymappo  I see our taste in dramas are still the same.. This one is a real piece of work, I still think EH/EK had a onesided crush for JH and maybe he was just nice to her and help her a time or two in school and mistook that for love.. From the flashback of them in school that seen seems innocent to me nothing that indicare they were dating but him treating her as a friend may have let her come listens to him practice as some guy's do and it dosen't mean that they were dating.. I think she read him all wrong. I;m wondering did the accident happen that night he first laid eyes on JB at there concert.. But I say if he wants to get engage to her and even marry let him because this family have to many different last names and somebody she's paying to help cover her identity. But one thing for sure she did something to the real EH and maybe her brother.. Maybe killed one and lock the other up.. If something happen to the real ones as kids mom could have took there identity to give her kids a better life..     

They did date. I remember there was one flashback where JH back-hugged her.

Just finished ep.12. Getting interesting. This writer is really good in giving only bits and pieces to keep us guessing, and often times, I've never been able to guess right.

I wonder if Brian really liked NM or just an act so EH will keep her hands off NM. Like it will work, lol, since the next thing she did was to ambush and attack her violently. Honestly, I wouldn't mind them getting together, lol... I love having NM in this story. Somehow she made the story moves to more interesting level.

I really adore the sibling relationship between BG and NM. And I'm glad smart BG is suspecting his friend/boss, and not sharing much with him. Gah that friend/boss of him is another weakling at the mention of money. Willing to do anything, no conscience. He looks harmless but am definitely not shipping him with any of JB's BFF! Unless he redeems himself by changing camp.

Gotta say that the move/card/strategy played by EH to feed JH with NM's fake situation was well done. JH is deeply hurt and doesn't trust NM anymore. Otherwise, would be quite interesting, haha....

JB is really a kind soul. Amazed at how well she still treats NM and EH despite what they have done to her. Then also towards her high-school friend LEK from Canada. Can't wait for next week for more mysteries to unravel!

DRAMA RECAPS

Perfect Wife: Episode 11

7mYbBgR.jpg

It’s as if finally hearing the word “crazy” has unhinged something inside Eun-hee, and she makes no more pretense of being the friendly, helpful landlord. Jae-bok thought she couldn’t be surprised by anything Eun-hee does anymore, but she was so wrong… Eun-hee is letting her psycho flag fly for all to see. And though you’d think transparency would be less frightening, it goes to show just how far Eun-hee is willing to go to get what she wants.

EPISODE 11 RECAP

Stunned to see Eun-hee and Jung-hee together at the gala, Jae-bok confronts them. Eun-hee freely admits that she likes Jung-hee, but Jae-bok tells her that she can’t do that. She says that he may be her ex-husband but he’ll always be her friend and the father of her children, so he needs to stay healthy. Eun-hee asks why she can’t like him, and her superior expression falters when Jae-bok tells her right to her face, “Because you’re a psycho.” Bong-gu’s been watching from close by, and he moves closer when Jung-hee grabs Jae-bok by the wrist. He’s whistling casually and seems relaxed, but the way he eyes Jung-hee’s hand makes his meaning clear: Let go, or else. 

Jung-hee and Jae-bok go somewhere private, where Jung-hee asks if calling Eun-hee a psycho wasn’t a bit harsh. Jae-bok reminds him that they aren’t even legally divorced yet and Eun-hee is already trying to stake a claim on him. Jung-hee admits that of course he’s trying to gain Eun-hee’s favor, adding that he has no choice if he wants to be a better man and father. He’s called away for a meeting, and Jae-bok calls after him that nothing in life is free. Jung-hee just says he’ll do whatever he has to do to succeed. Jae-bok watches him walk away with Eun-hee, no longer the pathetic, submissive man she thought she knew.

Bong-gu offers to let Jae-bok punch him to release her anger, then regrets it when she takes him up on it. He gets a call with some info on Brian, and leaves the building without a word to Jae-bok.  Speaking of Brian, Na-mi somehow escapes him and hides in the gala crush. When she spots Jung-hee across the room she yells his name over and over, but when he looks her way, her face is obscured by the crowd. She screams, “It’s Na-mi!” and he looks again, but Eun-hee is onto her and hustles him into the elevator.

read more:: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/perfect-wife-episode-11/

6 hours ago, maddymappo said:

@ktcjdrama    Hello, I am also wondering how EH and Bryan came upon that fortune of money and how Bryan is the son of the cheobol.  But the mom does not have control of the money even though Bryan and EH are independent seemingly.  And of course as also pointed out maybe EH and her mother had to assume the new identity of someone they are replacing or killed. Did EH meet her in Canada and bump her off before coming back to SK and she was heiress? 

@maddymappo, It's been a long time; I'm glad you're here.  I almost gave this drama a pass because I was afraid it was going to be about the cheating wife and justification of why she has a right to cheat (OTWTTA).  Howevver, this drama has turned into a real gem of a mystery. 

Not only does the mother not have control of the money, she's not even known as their mother or a member of the family. Both children assumed new names. The other possibility is they were adopted; but I don't think so. 

@sava2sava and @ktcjdrama I'm beginning to wonder if they (EH and JH) truly ever dated or were they just friends. In her fantasy, did he really back hug her or did she fantasize about it? Like when he was singing on stage, she saw no one in the room but the two of them. Was she stalking him? Because he seemed uncomfortable with her being there....being seen by others. Did they really date? We do know they were in the car together and she instinctively moved her arm to protect him.  I assumed they were in an accident because he doesn't remember her, but could it have been she was just a blip in time during college and she apparently had plastic surgery--probably to make herself look like the "real" Eun Hee. She most definitely takes friendships to a whole other level.  Not only that, I found the EH love JH board had no pictures of the two of them taken together. Most couples would have taken some pictures together--she's the type of person who would have put their pictures up there--she had her own individual picture included.  Also, she has stalked and followed him for years. Something happened in 2002 that was significant to him and her.

@MiAmour, Yes, :lol:, Eun Hee is letting her "psycho" flag fly and she's not caring at all. Her facade begin to slip with JB's son. 

Wait. What the W H A T!??! Eunhee is NOT the Eunkyung we were led to believe, I am seriously sooo confused right now. Just when you think Junhee couldn't get any worse, he sinks to an ultimate low - by getting engaged to Eunhee! A woman he supposedly had a previous relationship with. What the heck is goin' on LoL. Not sure if I want to continue watching 'cause the drama is as crazy as Eunhee:tongue:

So I just caught up with the show and big question, who is Eun Kyung. Did she ever date Jun Hee, then why doesn't he remember any of it?? And how could he just get engaged to her like that when Jae Bok is consciously making efforts to smooth things with their children and is trying to make this divorce not affect them negatively. 

And Jae Bok is my favorite lead right now. She is strong yet kind yet vulnerable. She falls down occasionally to pick herself right up.

What JB does next in ep 13 will determine whether I will continue watching the show. It looks like the writer  after ep 12 is determined to give JH a free pass (he was scammed, duped, misled, tricked) and that JB (and the viewer) should do the same. A very convenient platform to reunite the couple and their family. I hope I'm completely wrong! And that the writer will have an incredible twist that would restore my faith in art, story-telling, JB, and all things rational and good:wub: All I know about dire circumstances, when the going gets tough, people reveal themselves (as JH has revealed himself to JB). 

SPOILER ALERT if you haven't watched Episode 12!

Hey guys! I've been watching this drama for a while now and I'm so Richard Simmons at this point. 

In Episode 11, BG, in order to learn more about EH/EK, decides to join hands with her just to see how much she can use him. I had a bad feeling about it and turns out it was valid. I kinda knew what was coming but really hoped it didn't happen. *sigh* For those who didn't watch Ep. 12, EH/EK gave BG a mission - to seduce JB.

Now, some might argue that it is best for a JB-BG union - it'll make them develop feelings, if they didn't already have or realize - but think of it the other way, it could lead to misunderstandings. BG clearly has a thing for JB and might have seduced her even without EH/EK's tempting offer. But now that she has put the offer, even if BG seduces JB because he likes her, EH can easily claim it was all for the prize. And JB, after being cheated on twice, won't really be ready to forgive, if she finds out her trust's been played with yet again. Hope I'm wrong but there's a possibility of this happening. And personally I wanted a good, solid friendship between JB and BG. *sigh*

I might be thinking too much, I should just sit back and enjoy the ride. My favorite character (apart from JB because she's amazing!) is Cheri...she's so thoughtful, understanding and observant for her age. :) The character I absolutely can't stand is EH's mother (surprisingly). I can actually sympathize with JH to an extent (because he tries to make everyone happy, even at the cost of his own will) and EH (she's had a bad childhood and is mentally sick) but not EH's mother. -_-  However, I want JB to move on and not go back to JH at any cost.

The drama is very good and severely under-rated and I can't wait to watch the next episode! Cheers!

DRAMA RECAPS

Perfect Wife: Episode 12

1EmqLLy.jpg

This episode makes my head swim with all of its new information, sideways feints, fake-outs, and U-turns. It’s amazing that Jae-bok manages not just to keep her temper under control when it comes to Eun-hee, but to keep her head clear enough to stay a half step ahead of her nemesis. Jae-bok is turning out to be one of the smartest K-drama heroines in my recent memory, and while I may not always find her the most likable character, I’m constantly impressed with her ability to outthink and outlast a woman who’s had years to plan her downfall.

EPISODE 12 RECAP

Witnessing a woman spanking her child reminds Eun-hee of her own mother’s uncontrolled attacks and sends her into a frenzy. Jae-bok tries to restrain her before she hurts herself or someone else, but Eun-hee fights back, screaming and flinging her arms wildly. Suddenly she collapses to the ground, unconscious. She’s taken to the hospital, and eventually she wakes from a dream of voices yelling at her to Get lost! (Interestingly, one voice in particular sounds like Jung-hee.) She finds Jae-bok hovering over her bed, worried, then over her shoulder, she spots Hyung-sun entering the room. The sight of the woman who made her childhood a nightmare triggers Eun-hee again and she jumps out of bed, screaming at her to leave. She tries to physically shove Hyung-sun out of the room, so Jae-bok holds Eun-hee in her arms and tells Hyung-sun to go for now.

Hye-ran and Won-jae rush to the hospital at Jae-bok’s call, but Hyung-sun is standing guard outside Eun-hee’s door and refuses to let them in. Won-jae says that she’s a psychiatrist and offers to go in alone, and Hyung-sun relents. Won-jae’s attempts to soothe Eun-hee into talking to her fail, though Eun-hee does crack a tiny smile when she sees Jae-bok rolling her eyes as she participates in Won-jae’s breathing exercises. Eventually, Jae-bok softly asks Eun-hee if she was abused by her mother, and Eun-hee confesses that she and her brother were both verbally and physically abused as children. Won-jae determines that seeing a mother abuse her child is a trigger for Eun-hee, and Jae-bok asks if that’s why Eun-hee refuses to call Hyung-sun “mother.” Eun-hee nods and sincerely thanks Jae-bok for being here.

Na-mi slips into the SJ Construction building to get a glimpse of Jung-hee, despite Eun-hee’s threats to keep her distance. Jung-hee was warned by Sam-kyu that Na-mi would probably pop up soon since she’s badly in need of money, so he’s shaken but not really surprised when he hears her voice call his name. Tears well in his eyes and he hugs her tightly, grateful to see that she’s really alive. But then he remembers Boss Jo snickering over the things Na-mi did with him for money, and he pulls back from her. He demands to know if it’s true that she was paid to approach him and who put her up to it. Na-mi hangs her head and apologizes, admitting that that’s how it all started. She tries to tell Jung-hee that she developed real feelings for him, but Jung-hee interrupts to accuse her of showing up again now that he has a better job and makes more money.

His voice cracks as he says that he truly cared about her and that he grieved when he thought she was dead. But he yells that it was all a lie, and he tells her to go away and never show herself to him again.

Read more:: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/perfect-wife-episode-12/

Guys, I don't think we have to assume that EH/EK killed the real EH and took her place. We know that her mother was the mistress of a rich man, presumably the chairman of SJ group. If EH and Brian were illegitimate kids who were not acknowledged by their father, they would have had their mother's name, Moon, originally. But then if later their father decided to acknowledge them, they would have taken his name, Lee. I have sometimes seen in chaebol dramas that illegitimate children are put on the family register as the children of the wife rather than the mistress in order to avoid scandal or something. If that were the case, then they wouldn't be able to acknowledge their real mom in public, because legally they would be the children of the chairman's wife. As for why Eun-kyung changed her name to Eun-hee, she and her mom were obviously worried that JH would recognize the name. She might have changed it just so that JH, JB and friends wouldn't know who she was. Not saying that she might not have killed the real EH and taken her identity, since you never know with this drama, just pointing out that there is more than one possible explanation.

@Rose Shin Don't give up hope on Bong-gu. We don't know if he's really going to seduce her yet.

@lc85 I'm surprised you think that way because I am getting the impression that the show is trying to make JH as unlikable as possible. Every single episode he keeps making the wrong decision time and time again. Personally I will be surprised (as well as disappointed, obviously) if they get back together. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

@Gwinna I agree that the it seems the show is trying to make JH as unlikable as possible. What troubles me is the possible rationalization of his bad behavior. Such that EH orchestrated the whole thing and JH is just another victim, perhaps just like JB. I don't buy that, as a viewer, however. JH made bad choices and he alone should suffer the consequences of those choices. JB should not lose her resolve to leave JH, just because now she knows someone is behind the destruction of her family. JH is a big boy. If he was really committed to JB and his family, his affair with NM would never have happened in the first place. But JH is in love with only himself and appears to continue to make bad choices. His children are suffering the consequences.

In short, I do not want to see another scene where JH is in the rain, pleads for forgiveness because he was victimized by EH, and JB comes out to give him a hug to say he's suffered enough and give their relationship another go. That would be very upsetting.

Despite everything that Eun Hee/Eun Kyung is, she atleast has a reason of not being mentally stable, what is Jung Hee's excuse. He is pathetic and so is his mother. Jae Bok really is too good for him. I hope Jae Bok can get Eun Hee the help she needs because Jung Hee plans on using her which is lowest of the low he can manage to sink himself. Eun Hee should go seek Bryan out, he might help if she sees Jae Bok isn't the bad guy.

Yikes:crazy: looks like Eunhee's psycho tendencies are contagious! 'Cause in the sneak preview for next ep. it's now Junghee's turn to go c r a z y:tongue:

Bonggoo continues to be Jaebok's Knight in shining armor. That girl who plays Cherri should win an Oscar for pretending to be 'sick' LoL:lol: 

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Yikes:crazy: looks like Eunhee's psycho tendencies are contagious! 'Cause in the sneak preview for next ep. it's now Junghee's turn to go c r a z y:tongue:

Bonggoo continues to be Jaebok's Knight in shining armor. That girl who plays Cherri should win an Oscar for pretending to be 'sick' LoL:lol: 

Yes! Cheri for the win.

Maybe that car accident caused JH to lose his pending chance to make it big in a music career? His love and talent is singing and as a musician. He was then forced into clerical life to help support his family with JB.  How long did it take for these two to become so stressed out that they lost their passion for each other?  JH was tempted by NM, but he was ripe for the picking at the time. So down trodden from drudgery and humiliation at work and not living happily with JB, always feeling he was disappointing her and she did not or could not make him feel good about himself. But they both adore their children.  JB is so much the adult. She is always taking the high ground and taking charge morally and correct action, also showing compassion even for the girl who seduced her husband.  She is in that respect perfect. She seems self contained and not needy of love from a spouse or partner. But Bong Goo admires her, and supports her for that reason. Is it passionate though?  There seems no sparks between them. This drama I think will return JH and JB back together. The principal is the maintaining of the family. I am curious though to see.  No one in the wings for BG except his rich mistresses.

Archived