[Drama 2017] Ms. Perfect (Perfect Wife) 완벽한 아내

Go Seung Ji

Now that this show has ended, I think overall the show lacked heavily to produce dramatic moments in the later half and became a bit cliched. I think the reason the show worked at all was largely due to Jae Bok, Eun Hee and the excellent cast. The actors gave life to an otherwise poorly written drama that had some strongly written characters. I was sad to see Eun Hee burn herself in her fit of madness. Brian and Eun Hee were victims, I had hoped they'd have their tiny little happy ending but that didn't happen. It was an ending that more or less had left deep scars on everybody. Jae-Bok, Bong-Gu, Jae-Bok's kids and lets not forget Brian. Jung Hee, half of what had happened is his fault, he encouraged Eun Hee's madness for his own gain so I don't care if he is recovering or not frankly. He is despicable. Sure, Jae-Bok will eventually forgive and forget for the sake of her children but as a viewer I don't have to thankfully. He could rot in hell. 

Che-Ri, Che-Ri, my dear little fire house performer, I hope to see her in more dramas, she was delightful here. So, I hope Cho Yeo Jung wins at least one award for her wonderfully layered yet unrestrained portrayal of Eun Hee. Hats of to her. So, this is good bye for me. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming to say goodbye to you, all.

Finally, Ms. Perfect had come to an end. Even though it had ended,  I don’t know why I do not feel the closure as I supposed to. I feel a bit uneasy at the ending or so to say I feel out since ep.19. I feel like I want to shout to all those drama writers. I want to tell them to please stick and stay true to the characters you created. Please plan in advance what you want to convey in each episode. Please don’t just go slow pace from the start then to rush and fall out of your horse at the end. (I was haunted once from KBS Shrk (don’t know if I am allow to mentioned name of other drama here. So I just left out some alphabet there). I don’t want any more of such kind of ending.  

Apart from un-clarified plot, what I upset the most is JB screaming hell out of her nightmare(s). I can understand that she might get some paranoid. But screaming night in and night out, it is out of her character. She has been calm and strong to face head-on on whatever coming into her life. (I don’t mind a person has nightmare. But JB, screaming hell … my goodness, I pity her children. Will they get any sound sleep?) This is so unlike JB who we have seen from the first episode.

JH.. I do not pity him. He is a poor, greedy, immature man on earth. I don’t like the most when he called to tell JB that she is his first and last love… liar!!

EH.. this character keeps me wondering how different is crazy/mad/and psycho. She seems to be very intelligent and know what she is doing. By the way, the actress who portrayed EH did excellence job being EH though.

BG … my poor BG.. I personally really like this character. He is intelligence, warm, loving and caring even though trying to cover up with funky outlook. (I even want to have one for myself… ha). And even at the end, the love story between JB and him is still vague.

What about detergent and toilet paper? What is the meaning of that? Is JB getting JH back???

Lastly, Che-ri is my hero. She is the best in this drama !!

@tingth @Nymeria289 I agree with the points you made on your posts.

I cringed when JH told JB that she was his first and last love. That was a flat out LIE. His first and last love is his a hole self. I secretly wished he died in the fire with EH. I dunno - may have been a cleaner ending. It would have closed any possibility of a JH and JB anything. 

Cheri, wise beyond her years, learning what not to do from the crazy grown-ups around her, knows exactly what she wants, says exactly what she means.. In the words of marshall mathers -- will the real Ms. Perfect please stand up?

Hope to see you all around in forums for other shows. It was fun to read all of your insightful comments. Thank you, all!

On 5/3/2017 at 2:22 PM, Auntie Mame said:

Gee, I really don't understand the intent of this writer or this drama.  Totally lacked showing character motivation or backstory, except that EH was abused as a child. 

On 5/4/2017 at 0:53 AM, Nymeria289 said:

Now that this show has ended, I think overall the show lacked heavily to produce dramatic moments in the later half and became a bit cliched. I think the reason the show worked at all was largely due to Jae Bok, Eun Hee and the excellent cast. The actors gave life to an otherwise poorly written drama that had some strongly written characters. I was sad to see Eun Hee burn herself in her fit of madness. Brian and Eun Hee were victims, I had hoped they'd have their tiny little happy ending but that didn't happen.

On 5/5/2017 at 2:18 AM, tingth said:

Finally, Ms. Perfect had come to an end. Even though it had ended,  I don’t know why I do not feel the closure as I supposed to. I feel a bit uneasy at the ending or so to say I feel out since ep.19. I feel like I want to shout to all those drama writers. I want to tell them to please stick and stay true to the characters you created. Please plan in advance what you want to convey in each episode.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:21 AM, lc85 said:

I cringed when JH told JB that she was his first and last love. That was a flat out LIE. His first and last love is his a hole self. I secretly wished he died in the fire with EH. I dunno - may have been a cleaner ending. It would have closed any possibility of a JH and JB anything. 

On 5/3/2017 at 1:53 PM, maddymappo said:

LASTLY, the more I think on it, that last phone conversation about detergent and toilet paper was insulting and disrespectful to the viewers. Its like the writer was purposely mocking us,  saying, "You dumb viewers want romantic endings, well this is what life is so why are you watching stupid dramas?"

I have to say that each and everyone of you nailed everything that bothered me about this drama. It started out very well, but lost it's way midway through with no real point. I wish that the writer had focused on personal development of these characters, but it didn't. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

May 13, 2017

Jo Yeo-jeong Adds Feather to Acting Cap with Psychopath Role

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

2017051300402_0.jpg

Since making her debut nearly 20 years ago, actress Jo Yeo-jeong has developed a cute, cheerful and loveable on-screen image. She added a seductive, sexy note to this range of charms with her appearance in films such as "The Concubine" and "The Servant." 

In the KBS2 drama "Ms. Perfect," which concluded its run last week, Jo added another feather to her acting cap, playing the frightening, antagonist role of a woman whose mad obsession with a man leads her down a path of violence. While outwardly appearing to be the perfect wife who maintains a meticulously perfect home, she is in fact prone to psychopathic behavior as a result of childhood abuse inflicted by her parents.

"Ms. Perfect" initially gained attention as a vehicle for star Ko So-young's return to TV after 10 years. While the show's viewer ratings were disappointing, Jo's turn as the obsessive woman didn't go unnoticed, garnering much praise. "It was such a great honor to act along with Ko, who was the biggest star on TV when I was growing up," Jo said.

"To be honest, I didn't know the character would be this weird when I accepted the role," she said. "I'm actually quite laid back. I rarely get obsessed about things, I'm not the jealous type, and I don't regret much. So this role intrigued me a lot, and I was eager to take on the challenge of playing someone who is so completely different from myself."

"There weren't many examples that I could turn to as a reference, as my character was very much a social outlier. So I just reminded myself of all the bad people I've met in my life."

These days, it's not uncommon for the antagonist to grab more attention than the hero of a story. Some even say that if you want to be a star, you need to play a "bad guy." "It's probably because people get a vicarious thrill watching the antagonist do all the bad things that they aren't allowed to do," Jo said.

But does playing such an intense character make it harder to choose her next project? Jo said she doesn't worry about such things. "People around me were concerned when I once made a film that required a lot of nudity, but I wasn't bothered by it at all. As long as I remain true to my roles and commit to them with all my heart, then I think everything will be okay." 

May 20, 2017

Actress Ko So-young Upbeat Despite Less Than 'Perfect' TV Comeback

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

2017052000410_0.jpg

Actress Ko So-young recently wrapped up a TV series that marked her return to acting after a 10-year break.

But her comeback role in the mystery series "Ms. Perfect" proved to be a frustrating one, morphing halfway through from a struggling housewife into a somewhat "dark and multifaceted" character with whom viewers struggled to empathize.

Ko admitted it was a challenge to portray such an inconsistent character. "I think it would have been better if the series had remained with a character that viewers could relate to. Provocative scenes were added with the aim of drawing attention from viewers, but they just made the story confusing, even absurd, which led to poor ratings," Ko said.

Ko managed to draw some positives from the experience, however. "I relished working with all the cast members, and I believe the role will help me move beyond my stereotyped image, allowing me to take more diverse parts in the future," she said.

"After a 10-year hiatus, I didn't expect to get a big break. I used to play mostly chic and glamorous roles, which limited my acting horizons to some degree. But while the role was overly complicated due to the lack of a clear storyline, it brought out a warmer side of myself. That will help me broaden my range to accommodate more every-day, girl-next-door type of roles in the future."

Ko said she feels refreshed and full of energy after a decade away from acting. "I want another project soon. Hopefully I can find one before the year is out. My husband has been very supportive too." 

Archived