[Drama 2017] Ms. Perfect (Perfect Wife) 완벽한 아내

Go Seung Ji

14 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Despite everything that Eun Hee/Eun Kyung is, she atleast has a reason of not being mentally stable, what is Jung Hee's excuse. He is pathetic and so is his mother. Jae Bok really is too good for him. I hope Jae Bok can get Eun Hee the help she needs because Jung Hee plans on using her which is lowest of the low he can manage to sink himself. Eun Hee should go seek Bryan out, he might help if she sees Jae Bok isn't the bad guy.

I haven't finished watching yesterday's episode, but I think that Jung Hee is not only weak, but I also think he knows Eun Hee is  unstable. I think he hid those pictures or her brother hid them.

The problem I do have with Jae Bok is knowing that Eun Hee is unstable, is willing to keep her children in that house. I don't know what mother would subject their children to living in the same house with their husband's "fiancée"that also is a crazy stalker. Stalkers that escalate, which Eun Hee has, are dangerous killers. My kids would be out of that house ASAP!

Update: I don't know what Jung Hee is planning, but he is feeding into her craziness. He's probably trying to protect his family, but I would move them out of the house. I want to know where the money came from.

Side Note:  Synopsis -

Shim Jae Bok (Go So Young) rediscovers herself and her inner feminine strength in the face of hardship. She’s the type of person who cannot ignore injustice and is revolted by condescending pretension. Despite hating false flattery to her core, she grits her teeth and bows her head to the people who think they are her social superiors because she wants the best future for her family. After living so long as a wife and mother to her two children, Shim Jae Bok has neglected herself to the point where she’s almost lost her sense of self. When she becomes involved in an unforeseeable incident, she learns to regain her identity and fall in love again.

When will we see this?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I have to say at episode 14 out of 20 episodes, I have absolutely no idea what this drama is about or the purpose for it--other than mysterious entertainment that really goes nowhere fast.  It says that Jae Bok lost her identity over the years, but regains it and fall in love again.  Hmmmm..... maybe it's just me, I Jae Bok is the same person from the beginning of this drama that she is in episode 14. I'm sure in episode 15, Jung Hee will help provide Eun Hee a way out and make Jae Bok seems like she's lost her mind.  

Personally, I'm beginning to think that Jae Bok is the crazy one for continuing to live in that house and caring what Jung Hee is doing with his life as a grown man.  Once the lady told her that Eun Hee almost killed her past stalker victim, that's the time to move out of the house and protect her children. 

Update: in ep 14, it appears that Jae Bok finally moves out of the house.....about time.  Just as we suspected about the back hug, he was back hugging Jae Bok and Eun Hee fantasized it was her.

Perfect Wife: Episode 13

HIxU3t8.jpg

Jae-bok is determined to discover the truth about Eun-hee and why her obsession with Jung-hee is so intense that she’s willing to lie, cheat, and manipulate anyone she can in order to get him. Jae-bok’s in for some more surprises as she digs into Eun-hee’s past, and even though the facts still don’t add up just right, what emerges is a picture of a deeply disturbed woman whose motives go back much further than Jae-bok ever imagined.

EPISODE 13 RECAP

Just moments after Jae-bok discovers Eun-hee’s obsessive wall of photos of Jung-hee, Bong-gu calls to tell her that Eun-hee and Jung-hee are about to begin their engagement ceremony. She rushes to the location and stops them just before they enter the venue. Jung-hee looks shocked to see her, but Eun-hee cheerfully asks how she found out. Jae-bok ignores Eun-hee, earnestly telling Jung-hee that he can’t do this without seeing something important first, and when he does, he won’t be able to go through with this engagement. Eun-hee clamps her hands on Jung-hee’s arm and drops the friendly mask, but Jae-bok snaps at her to shut it. She turns her attention back to Jung-hee and asks him to listen to her, as the mother of their children. If he still wants to get engaged to Eun-hee after that, she says that she won’t stand in their way. 

Worried, Jung-hee asks Eun-hee to delay their engagement. In private, Jae-bok tells him what she found in Eun-hee’s secret room. She asks him to look for himself, but he goes with Eun-hee and tells Jae-bok he’ll talk to her more at the house. When Eun-hee asks about Jae-bok’s objection, Jung-hee fibs that she’s worried that this engagement is too soon for the kids. Eun-hee seems to accept that answer, but she sends a pointed look to Hyung-sun, who nods and leaves. Meanwhile, Jae-bok tells Bong-gu what she found in the secret room, confirming that Eun-hee has been stalking Jung-hee for years. Bong-gu is worried Eun-hee might get there first and dispose of the pictures, so Jae-bok rushes home.

Hyung-sun arrives first, but when she gets to the third floor, she finds Won-jae and all the kids hanging out outside the secret room. Hae-wook is drawing, and Che-ri and Jin-wook are playing music, which Won-jae claims are all forms of therapy. Heh. Jae-bok shows up just then and tells Hyung-sun that she has a guest. They find Jung-hee’s mother downstairs demanding answers, and Hyung-sun is forced to go with her and explain. Jung-hee apologizes as Eun-hee drives in stony silence, explaining that he feels uncomfortable keeping their engagement a secret, particularly from the kids. Still not speaking to him, Eun-hee speeds down a side road, and when Jung-hee’s phone rings, she plucks it from his hand and tosses it out the window. To calm her down, Jung-hee talks about his dreams and how he needs her help to realize them. She finally turns to look at him, but with her eyes off the road, their car is nearly hit head-on by a truck. Jung-hee turns the wheel just in time and they skid off the road. Eun-hee barely reacts to the near accident, she just asks in a scarily calm voice if Jung-hee really wants to live happily with her. He nods yes, and Eun-hee hugs him tearfully while he looks unsettled. While trying to reach Jung-hee, Jae-bok fills Won-jae in on the wall of photos in the secret room. Won-jae’s professional opinion is that Eun-hee is sick and should be hospitalized.

Eun-hee insists on getting engaged right there by the side of the road. Jung-hee goes along with it, and they place the rings on each other’s fingers, Eun-hee’s I’ll love you forever, even after I’m dead sounding more like a threat than a joyful promise. She doesn’t seem to notice that Jung-hee doesn’t return the sentiment. Eun-hee can’t wait to announce to Jae-bok that they’re engaged and blurts it out the moment they arrive home. Jung-hee asks after the kids, and Jae-bok says that Hae-wook was asking for him. As he steps past her to climb the stairs, she secretly slips a note into his hand. Eun-hee starts to go up to the third floor, and Jae-bok is surprised when, before she can stop her, Jung-hee’s mother steps into her path and asks to speak to her. Eun-hee tries again, and his mother stops her again… interesting.

Once alone, Jung-hee reads the note from Jae-bok, which says to go to the secret room immediately. He does, and looks surprised to see fabric draped everywhere, all stitched with the initials “K&H.” When he looks toward the alcove holding Eun-hee’s wall of photos of him, he looks even more shocked, though we don’t see what he sees.

Read more:: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/perfect-wife-episode-13/

My poor Bong-goo!

It's time for Seung Joon to shine in this drama. He was good in this episode, 14. My heart ache for him. So he does like JB and she seems to have feeling for him too. Did my eyes see it right?

:(

Aha Jaebok is proving to be one of my favorite female lead K-drama character - She ROCKS YO:D

Love how she served it back to Eunhee by tellin' her to get lost & to leave her family alone. Also v.satisfying when she told Junhee to get his act togetherB) Truth be told will he EVER?!?:rolleyes:

LMFAo @Jaebok's friend's face when Eunhee "lied" to Junhee that she & the Unnies have gotten "close" HA! :lol:

Poor Bonggoo he looked like a lost puppy~

I was beginning to lose interest watching ep.13, there are some ridiculous stuff going on, but ep.14 got me hooked again. I really wonder how the writer is going to resolve all the conflicts happening so far.

Will JB and BG get together eventually? Seems like the answer is yes, but how? 

What is the role of Brian, and NM in the show? They seem so minor coz of their very limited screen time yet it seems like they will play important role in whatever resolution writer-nim have in mind. 

Why somehow I feel there might be death involved in the finale week? I also wouldn't be surprised if the beginning of ep.15 will start with JH yelling to JB to leave EH alone and stop meddling in his relationship with EH. 

I think the same @ktcjdrama .. I think JH will tell JB off his business with EH

As for JH .. I still doubt whether he purely wants wealth and power for himself or he wants to protect his family and get revenge on EH at the end. 

But I don't care much now. My heart is with BG-ah ...my poor puppy .. I want him and JB to be together !! .. 

BG is cute, and he seems really to love JB with his heart, but don't feel sorry for him. He was a very callous selfish guy with no honor, accepting gifts from rich women.  So a little pay back and shame is important as part of his character building.

Perfect Wife: Episode 14

PerfectWife14-00198.jpg

Although it feels like Jae-bok is finally getting the true explanation for Eun-hee’s obsession with Jung-hee, Eun-hee steps up her lies and schemes, determined to get her man at any cost. And Jae-bok’s already complicated life grows even harder to handle when someone very close to her can’t hide their true feelings anymore, forcing Jae-bok to confront the fact that she may very well have some unresolved feelings of her own.

EPISODE 14 RECAP 

When Jae-bok confronts Eun-hee with her past, Eun-hee suddenly becomes terrified and pleads with her not to tell Jung-hee that she was his stalker back in college. When Jung-hee arrives home, Eun-hee drags Jae-bok into a room and throws herself at her feet, pitifully begging her for help. She even offers to leave and never show her face again if Jae-bok keeps her secret. Outside the door, Jung-hee hears their conversation. He backs away, pretending to be on a phone call, and just leaves Jae-bok to deal with Eun-hee alone. He gets in his car and speeds away, but Bong-gu kept his promise to Jae-bok to stay close, and he follows Jung-hee. Jae-bok breaks free of Eun-hee’s grip, gasping that it must be all true — that Eun-hee was Jung-hee’s stalker, and that she changed her face and hair and infiltrated their lives on purpose. Eun-hee admits it all, blaming her mental illness on her mother’s abuse when she was a child as she sobs that she never learned how to love.

Having overheard this, Hyung-sun comes screaming into the room. She viciously shakes Eun-hee and spouts hateful abusive insults until Jae-bok throws herself between them and pulls Eun-hee away. Jae-bok says that an attorney (Bong-gu) is outside listening to everything and is preparing a case against Hyung-sun for everything she’s done, which gets Hyung-sun to stop her attack and slink away. As Jung-hee drives aimlessly, he recalls a day that he and Eun-hee (when she was Eun-kyung) were in her car, with Eun-hee driving. Jung-hee had told Eun-hee that they were over once they got to their destination, and Eun-hee had gone into a sort of frozen daze. Jung-hee hadn’t seemed very concerned about Eun-hee’s feelings and had acted annoyed when she’d stopped responding.

Spoiler

Finally he’d yelled at her to pull over and let him out, but Eun-hee had muttered that he wasn’t getting out of the car. She’d slammed the gas pedal to the floor and ordered Jung-hee to say he would love her forever. Eun-hee had driven the car onto a dirt road, saying that they’d die together before she’d let him leave her. She’d sped towards a ravine, intent on taking them both over the edge. But at the last second, she’d hit the brakes and thrown an arm out to shield Jung-hee, and they’d skidded to a stop just inches from the edge of the cliff. Weak and bleeding from a head wound, Eun-hee had reached out to touch Jung-hee’s hand. He’d roused just enough to push her hand away before passing out again. When Jae-bok can’t reach Jung-hee in the present, she calls Bong-gu, who asks how the talk went. He doesn’t mention that he’s still following Jung-hee, then Jae-bok has to hang up when Jung-hee’s mother shows up unannounced. She apologizes for being too hard on Jae-bok earlier and cries when Jae-bok asks again if she knew about Jung-hee’s college stalker. She reveals that Jung-hee was hospitalized from the shock of almost dying at Eun-hee’s hands and forgot everything. She begs Jae-bok not to tell him that his stalker is back, terrified of what could happen if he remembers.

What Jung-hee’s mother doesn’t know is that Eun-hee is Eun-kyung, with a different face and name. She asks Jae-bok where Jung-hee’s stalker is now, but Jae-bok doesn’t tell her. As it turns out, it was Jung-hee who took down all of the photos from Eun-hee’s stalker wall in the secret room. He pulls off the road to burn them, vowing that he’ll no longer be the weak man he’s been. After he leaves, Bong-gu salvages the one photo of Jung-hee that wasn’t completely burned. In the shower, Eun-hee thinks about her breakdown in front of Jae-bok and starts crying again. But she gets control of herself and decides that she can’t disappear like she promised, not when she’s so close to her goal.

Bong-gu waits for Jae-bok at Won-jae’s place, quipping that he knew where she’d go because he knows her heart. Jae-bok feels bad that he came all this way when she’s too tired to talk, so Bong-gu says that she can take him to lunch tomorrow. She turns to go inside, but he stops her as he considers telling her about Jung-hee burning the photos. But he changes his mind and sends her in, watching her go with a strange look of regret on his face. Eun-hee is calm and composed again when Hyung-sun brings her medication. She ignores her mother until Hyung-sun reaches out to smooth her hair, then she slaps her hand away and orders her to sleep somewhere else tonight, because she has special plans. Jung-hee looks like the last thing he wants to do is go back to Eun-hee’s house. He calls Jae-bok before he goes inside to ask what she wanted to talk about earlier, but she remembers his mother begging her not to tell him about his stalker.

Instead, she asks why he took a year off of college, and he repeats his story that he was working. He admits that he wasn’t well at the time, and that he doesn’t remember that year very well. Eun-hee meets him wearing a killer red dress, saying it’s their engagement celebration. She pours some wine, thanking Jung-hee for being her man. He thanks her in return, then she pulls him close to slow-dance. After a moment, Eun-hee looks up, and instead of Jung-hee as he is now, she sees the shaggy-haired rocker she fell for in college. She breathes a happy, “Oppa…” then hugs him tight.

Read more:: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/perfect-wife-episode-14/

On 4/11/2017 at 1:29 PM, maddymappo said:

She seems self contained and not needy of love from a spouse or partner. But Bong Goo admires her, and supports her for that reason. Is it passionate though?  There seems no sparks between them. This drama I think will return JH and JB back together. The principal is the maintaining of the family. I am curious though to see.  No one in the wings for BG except his rich mistresses.

I think I agree with what you're saying about the principal message of the drama is to maintain and support one's family, but I think the writer is really trying to challenge the viewers to think about what the whole idea of family even means.  The simplest example is EunHee/EunKyung + Bryan + their mother.  They're a family, but EunHee swings wildly between icy anger toward her (not even calling her Mother) and overt fear.  Meanwhile, Bryan may as well not even have a mother considering how little time he spends with her.  Maybe they should try to maintain their family connection, but they'll need some help to do it.

And on the other end of the spectrum is JaeBok, WonJae, HyeRan, the kids, & JungHee.  They care for their children (and each other), listen to each other, try to make decisions for themselves as best they can no matter the circumstances.  But it's not just JaeBok and JungHee doing this family-maintenance work, it's JaeBok's friends too.  They've made themselves into this extended family unit, where they care about each other even when one or more of them is doing something nuts (talking about JungHee here). 

And for BongGoo and the issue of why there's no obvious sparks between him and JaeBok: I think it's because he's so scarred & damaged from his family basically abandoning him that he's got no experience in supporting or being there for anyone except himself.  Seeing him try despite his fears and seeing him pretty much keep silent about these efforts (he doesn't ask JaeBok for anything, neither praise nor her love) is pretty impressive.  I'm hoping that now his sugarmama has ripped away the mask, he won't let himself give up on his efforts to be a better person and will be much more obvious in his feelings.  Cause frankly, unless BongGoo tells her, JaeBok has too much other mess going on in her life to even attempt to figure what he must be feeling. 

@yonaomi123 I so agree! There are many families in Perfect Wife. If that's the challenge that the writer is putting out there - then I'm determined to see this show to the end. At this point, however, I am not in favor of a JB + JH reunion. This would not make sense to me. 

I dunno - I think JB has a hunch about BG and how he feels about her. Not sure how to explain it but I thought I saw something in ep 14 when they were bickering in the law office - where he tells her something along the lines of.. "you know that's how I am." (paraphrasing here). And also the many times that he's told her that he's there for her.. but I agree that he will need to do more to let her know how he feels. 

I'm a bit puzzled as to why BG didn't tell JB that JH may already know about EH. I have some guesses but maybe others have their own theories (?)

22 hours ago, tingth said:

My poor Bong-goo!

It's time for Seung Joon to shine in this drama. He was good in this episode, 14. My heart ache for him. So he does like JB and she seems to have feeling for him too. Did my eyes see it right?

:(

I actually think Seung Joon should be in more lead roles. He was the draw for me to watch this drama. We only heard a little about Bong-goo's upbringing--he has no family and was living in the basement of his friend's house. I thought it was so touching when she made him seaweed soup for his birthday and he had a cake. He never had someone make him seaweed soup and he was emotionally touched any JB efforts. 

I want to see more of that.....the 'mystery' part of this drama is becoming tiring. I really don't care what happens to JH because he was so selfish to JB in having his affair. Apparently he still loves NM despite knowing she's a woman who will slept with anyone due to their position or money--can't believe she went with his old boss.

I don't see why JB is continuing to worry about JH, I really want her to focus on her own life. JH is a grown man that she's treating like one of her teenage children who has a girlfriend she doesn't like. I'm ready for her to get out of his business now and move on with her life.

17 hours ago, maddymappo said:

BG is cute, and he seems really to love JB with his heart, but don't feel sorry for him. He was a very callous selfish guy with no honor, accepting gifts from rich women.  So a little pay back and shame is important as part of his character building.

However, I think in this episode we learned why JB is this way. He's in this world alone--he has no mother or father. He was living in his friend's family basement. Even though he lived with them, it appears no one ever made him seaweed soup for his birthday. So he's all about survival. These rich women come on to him and want to lavish expensive gifts, then he's all in for it. Now, only now with JB is he becoming ashamed of his lifestyle. I don't think any expensive gift he ever received from those rich women touched him as emotionally as that bowl of seaweed soup. He's learning it's not about the money.

3 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I actually think Seung Joon should be in more lead roles. He was the draw for me to watch this drama. We only heard a little about Bong-goo's upbringing--he has no family and was living in the basement of his friend's house. I thought it was so touching when she made him seaweed soup for his birthday and he had a cake. He never had someone make him seaweed soup and he was emotionally touched any JB efforts. 

I want to see more of that.....the 'mystery' part of this drama is becoming tiring. I really don't care what happens to JH because he was so selfish to JB in having his affair. Apparently he still loves NM despite knowing she's a woman who will slept with anyone due to their position or money--can't believe she went with his old boss.

I don't see why JB is continuing to worry about JH, I really want her to focus on her own life. JH is a grown man that she's treating like one of her teenage children who has a girlfriend she doesn't like. I'm ready for her to get out of his business now and move on with her life.

I couldn't agree more @lclarakl with this post! This should be a lesson to all the husbands (and actually wives too - but this show is about a cheating husband) who are cheating on their wives.  

JH threw JB away period - a long time ago with NM. It's about time JB moved on with her life. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her moving on with BG, if she chooses. (The age difference between BG- JB? Don't want to even go there. It's a non-factor, imo.) What may prevent her from being with BG is her commitment to her children, to provide them more stability after her divorce (which I fully expect to happen). Please writers, do not find a reason to excuse all of JHs mistakes and bring him back together with JB.

JB is a good woman, not perfect, with faults like all of us. BG sees it, for sure. I am looking forward to the exploration of what is possible between them, when the dust settles.

8 hours ago, lclarakl said:

However, I think in this episode we learned why JB is this way. He's in this world alone--he has no mother or father. He was living in his friend's family basement. Even though he lived with them, it appears no one ever made him seaweed soup for his birthday. So he's all about survival. These rich women come on to him and want to lavish expensive gifts, then he's all in for it. Now, only now with JB is he becoming ashamed of his lifestyle. I don't think any expensive gift he ever received from those rich women touched him as emotionally as that bowl of seaweed soup. He's learning it's not about the money.

Yes, BG was discarded by his mother, and so there is reason to understand he lost self worth so he used women, because he lost of sense of self value. We also see JE being depraved, partly because she is abused (but Bryan is not a psycho like she is), there is always the nature vs nurture issues, some manage to maintain humanity under worst upbringing others get demented. BG also shows compassion for NM, they do show he is not heartless. But always a price to pay the piper when you don't act with integrity.

9 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I think Seung Joon has improved as an actor a lot. I did not recognize him at first because he was so much more natural and in his skin so to speak in this part, much more so than before. The relationship between JB and JH I agree, is more like mother/son or older sister/younger brother.  She has shown a lot of unexpected compassion for NM.  I think she knows that their romance was over, and it was not only a matter of NM seducing JH, it was just a matter of time.  JH is the father of her children and they love their father.  It is one of the terrible side effects of divorce when the father and mother bash each other and the children sort of have to take sides or cover their feelings for the other parent. I think JB knows that and doesn't want her kids feeling guilty for loving their father who does really love them.  She doesn't want to take their father away from them. 

I don't think NM went with the disgusting old manager.  He was paid off by JE to tell him that and I think JH realizes that now.

6 hours ago, maddymappo said:

I don't think NM went with the disgusting old manager.  He was paid off by JE to tell him that and I think JH realizes that now.

I really hope that NaMi didn't do what was implied with that nasty old man either.  But considering how the manager stuck to his guns with the lie, even with JungHee throwing stuff at him, maybe it was true?  NaMi needed to have money for her mother's treatment, after all. :unsure:

11 hours ago, lc85 said:

JH threw JB away period - a long time ago with NM. It's about time JB moved on with her life. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her moving on with BG, if she chooses. (The age difference between BG- JB? Don't want to even go there. It's a non-factor, imo.) What may prevent her from being with BG is her commitment to her children, to provide them more stability after her divorce (which I fully expect to happen). Please writers, do not find a reason to excuse all of JHs mistakes and bring him back together with JB.

Would this even be a possibility??  I'm curious to know whether you all think it's possible or even if it may be a good idea for the kids.  I would hope that JaeBok is really able to see her ex-husband with clear eyes after all this stupidity with EunHee.  But considering that BongGoo isn't exactly sharing all of the pertinent details with her (ie JungHee did know about the photos on the third floor and then burnt them), maybe JaeBok really doesn't know how far gone JungHee is. 

1 hour ago, yonaomi123 said:

Would this even be a possibility??  I'm curious to know whether you all think it's possible or even if it may be a good idea for the kids.  I would hope that JaeBok is really able to see her ex-husband with clear eyes after all this stupidity with EunHee.  But considering that BongGoo isn't exactly sharing all of the pertinent details with her (ie JungHee did know about the photos on the third floor and then burnt them), maybe JaeBok really doesn't know how far gone JungHee is. 

As far as JH and JB getting back together, I think it is still possible but not likely since he fell so hard for NM and hurt JB. But the point was made clear that he did not sleep with NM and he won't let JE touch him either. That is leaving the door open for him to go back to his family.  I don't know that JB would settle in with BG either, though. I think she is just looking to stabilize her situation with the children, and as long as JH is being in her view victimized by JE, he can't be a stable father and he would expose their children to the crazy woman. JB is responsible and hard working, it is sad to me that she will not have a husband though, I just can't imagine her settling down with BG and kids. JH does really want to show her he can be a supportive good guy and not fail her again.

14 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

As far as JH and JB getting back together, I think it is still possible but not likely since he fell so hard for NM and hurt JB. But the point was made clear that he did not sleep with NM and he won't let JE touch him either. That is leaving the door open for him to go back to his family.  I don't know that JB would settle in with BG either, though. I think she is just looking to stabilize her situation with the children, and as long as JH is being in her view victimized by JE, he can't be a stable father and he would expose their children to the crazy woman. JB is responsible and hard working, it is sad to me that she will not have a husband though, I just can't imagine her settling down with BG and kids. JH does really want to show her he can be a supportive good guy and not fail her again.

Oh wow:( @maddymappo I don't want to agree with you about the possibility of a JB and JH reunion, but I DO agree with you -- that the door is somewhat open to this. And I would be one very disappointed viewer. I am actually getting ready to be very disappointed - and for the reasons that you mentioned in your post as evidences that the writer has left this possibility open. 

I would not be disappointed as a viewer if JB ends up not having a husband. She has her amazing girlfriends, BG, and her kids. She deserves a much needed time for a recharge, a reboot, time away from all the craziness. She'll figure things out. 

Archived