[Drama 2017] Ms. Perfect (Perfect Wife) 완벽한 아내

Go Seung Ji

@Latte_Anyday I had mentioned previously that EH was responsible for NM's murder but after watching episode 5, looks like she wasn't aware that something happened to NM; so it must be the older ajumma that planned the murder. She's now using NM's friend to do her dirty work. 

EH starting to take over the role as the mother of JB's children, as she takes it upon herself to enroll HW in this prestigious kindergarten. JB not happy with EH's actions but always forgives her, thinking that EH is only trying to help her. The end of episode 5, JB finds out from EH, that KW,even though married to EH, has not forgotten JB, his first love. EH feels betrayed by this fact, so she tells  JB she knows exactly what JB's going through with JH's affair with NM. From the preview, we find out that "Blue Rose", the person that JB has been communicating with on the internet, is none other than KW, her first love!

@mizkorea Yes, BG and JB definitely have lots of chemistry in their scenes. Looks  like they both are working together to solve NM's death. They both don't believe she committed suicide, so checking out leads that can help them solve this murder case. Want to find out why NM's friend got involved with that ajumma. Is it because she owes money and that older ajumma is the loan shark? 

JH's character still confuses me, is he acting like a weak, useless human being in front of JB because of an ulterior motive? Still haven't figured him out yet. 

@0ly40 Thanks as always for your clips and OST. Makes this thread more interesting.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mailelei IDK ri8 now I'm just confused because there's SO much goin' on! But Eunhee still creep me out LoL. Her character reminds me of her previous role on KBS' Babysitter. I'm glad Jaebok didn't give in when the police brought her in as suspect f Nami's "suicide". I'm really pissed at her loser husband who was pretty pathetic in that he kept crying!

Worse than that he dare to wail out Nami's name in front of Jaebok - like show some respect to your wife DAMNIT. He had the gall to blame Nami's death on Jaebok! She was ri8 if she wanted revenge she would've killed him instead!

On 3/8/2017 at 5:08 AM, mizkorea said:

I dont like the husband. :wacko:

Okay I gonna sound like a broken record now. I still cant stand the hubby.:wacko: They have a toxic relationship. She is always angry with him. I enjoy the scenes between BG and JB. Despite the age difference they look together. LoL. EH is like a poisonous spider slowly weaving JB tightly into her web. I guess there is connection to JB being EH's hubby first love to all these. Coz what wife would invite your hubby ex to live with you. Just weird.

@mizkorea  I'm still trying to understand just what did she ever see in him but being nothing no more then a college fling.. I think it's more to JB being EH hubby first love.. At first I thought she may have told the school that JB daughter was hers and don;t believe anything JB says because she's kind of loco.. So I'm still trying to piece EH motives togather but she holds a deep resentment towards JB.. So my guess is she wants to take everything from JB because she feels that JB os the reasons she didn't get what she wanted.. I was looking really hard in the flashback when they watch the son concert and switch to dad was EH in any of those scenes..

This drama continues to be so intriguing. I only hope it will hold true till last episode. What exactly is happening? So many questions.......

About EH and CKW -- Divorced and yet together? or at least in amiable relationship. I mean, CKW knew that the wedding portrait was put right in the middle of the hall. If they are indeed divorced, wouldn't he mind seeing that? even if he was only back for a short visit at the house. Who is from the rich background here? EH or CKW? I had guessed about inheritance, but turns out that CKW could be working for EH's family. OR, both EH and CKW were divorced from another spouse 3 years ago, then they met and remain married till now? I mean, why would you let an ex-wife still call you yobo?

Please tell me the little girl HW is fine. We still don't know what EH might have done to her for discovering her secret.

So the evil ajumma is EH's mother? Did anyone else caught that short statement from EH?

Poor Nami. I think she is quite quickly forgotten by her lover. Don't see JH mourning over her too much. He was very much concerned about keeping his marriage and family together. And her friend must have been threatened by the ajumma to act like Nami owed her money.

Could it be true what the preview is trying to lead us to believe? That JW is not the biological son of JH? Btw, somehow I feel that JB and JH will not go through with divorce after all. It seems like JH will be key to the mysteries as well. EH is definitely eyeing him for whatever reason. He might turn out to be JB's support while unraveling this whole mysterious happenings. Or her liability, haha...

What exactly is the motivation of EH scheming towards JB? which we are sure not well-meaning one. Revenge? Jealousy? or just plain psycho -- seeing how she swings from anger to singing joyfully so quickly. I sure hope this is not another case of a parent covering for the crimes or evil deeds of their child (ref. Voice) -- ahjumma covering/assisting EH in her evil plot.

And I shall end my ramblings with praises for JB for being such a straight-forward no nonsense person, someone who dares to confront problems and misunderstandings up front, eg. start of ep.5, end of ep.6. I love our female lead!

OY. Eunhee is (I'll say it again) c r e e p y:wacko:

I knew she faked her fall down the stairs to trap Jaebok, but more than that, her kids from leaving. May I just add that Haewook is super cute! Ugh. Jinwook is a spoiled brat. In next ep. preview it looks to suggest that Jinwook could be Kyungwoo's son....although how could that be if Jaebok claims she never slept with Kyungwoo??? 

DRAMA RECAPS

Perfect Wife: Episode 6

CjnYlIt.jpg

I hope nobody is too attached to their pet theories, because this episode reveals just enough of Eun-hee’s secrets to smash what we thought we knew to smithereens. If there’s one thing this show is proving, it’s that you can never know what a person truly feels, or experience what they’ve experienced. Though Jae-bok tries her best to understand Eun-hee, she’s about to learn that for some people, the truth is just something to be manipulated in the pursuit of their own goals.

EPISODE 6 RECAP

Eun-hee tells Jae-bok that she knows how it feels to have a husband who loves another woman, because her husband still has feelings for his first love. Jae-bok nervously asks if Eun-hee knows who that first love is, and Eun-hee tells her, “Yes, I know. It’s you.”

In shock, Jae-bok wants to know if Eun-hee knew about this when she rented the upstairs to her. Eun-hee lobs the question back to her, pointing out that Jae-bok also knew before she moved in.

Jung-hee joins them outside, wondering if something is wrong, and Eun-hee plasters on her too-sweet smile and says that everything is fine. Jae-bok insists that she has nothing to hide, and tells Jung-hee that they were discussing the fact that she used to date Eun-hee’s husband. 

Jung-hee wonders if they just now figured this out, making Eun-hee smirk like Jae-bok is about to be in big trouble. But Jae-bok bravely tells him that she knew before they moved in, wanting to avoid any further misunderstandings.

She tells Eun-hee that she did date Kyung-woo in the past, but that it wasn’t that serious, emotionally or physically. She asks why Eun-hee pretended not to know anything, but when Eun-hee doesn’t answer, she draws the accurate conclusion that Eun-hee did it to gather information about her.

Overwhelmed, Jae-bok decides to move out right then and there. She tells Jung-hee that she’s going to stay with her friend Won-jae, because she can’t forgive the fact that Eun-hee brought her into this house under false pretenses. She’s angry and embarrassed that Eun-hee was probably gloating over her family situation all this time.

Read more:: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/perfect-wife-episode-6/

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

What exactly is the motivation of EH scheming towards JB? which we are sure not well-meaning one. Revenge? Jealousy? or just plain psycho -- seeing how she swings from anger to singing joyfully so quickly. I sure hope this is not another case of a parent covering for the crimes or evil deeds of their child (ref. Voice) -- ahjumma covering/assisting EH in her evil plot.

@ktcjdrama EH has total revenge out for JB, She wants to take everything from JB her kids and her husband because she feels she the reason her husband can't love her.. EH is a total nut job and needs help.. I don't know what kind of relationship she has with her mother but it's not a healthy one.. EH has some sort of hatred towards her mom I can't wait to find out whats her real issue is and how do JB really factor into it all..

I really want to know just why she did all of this just to get back at JB or for the son she thinks is her supposed to be husband..

As of end EP 5 with subs-- thoughts

I am currently enjoying this drama for EHs currently somewhat murky mystery/intrigue associated with her actions/goals in her pursuit of JB and family (yes EHs plan seems obvious, but I feel it so much more devious then just getting back at her husbands first love).  Also liking the team of JB and her two supportive/funny friends.

In regards to JB and her cheating husband JH- so far he is using the classic cheaters defense strategy- I can (but would prefer not) still see a JB JH reconciliation ending.

1-Play the I am sorry, I was wrong speech gambit- first try was a total success for JH--I was surprised how quickly JB bought into that  - this shows how strong her feelings for JH remain.  

2nd sorry-wrong try was unsuccessful so on to the classic steps 2 and 3 combined to delay divorce and set up doubts in the others mind to gain time, and work on the look  how remorseful I am 

2-You made me cheat - by making me feel sad/bad, etc,  whatever may play to gain sympathy and instill doubt

3-Lets stay together for the good of the children (which is exactly the wrong reason but one with many decades of success for the cheater)

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

@ktcjdrama EH has total revenge out for JB, She wants to take everything from JB her kids and her husband because she feels she the reason her husband can't love her.. EH is a total nut job and needs help.. I don't know what kind of relationship she has with her mother but it's not a healthy one.. EH has some sort of hatred towards her mom I can't wait to find out whats her real issue is and how do JB really factor into it all..

I really want to know just why she did all of this just to get back at JB or for the son she thinks is her supposed to be husband..

I just caught up and it doesn't make sense at all. EH, she isn't normal nor is her quest for revenge. I hope, JB catches up on it fast.

4 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I just caught up and it doesn't make sense at all. EH, she isn't normal nor is her quest for revenge. I hope, JB catches up on it fast.

@Nymeria289  I think it's going to be JB husband and NM fake brother that finds out about her JB knows something is off about her but it's going to take her daughter telling her what EH said to her for her to realizes it's time for them to get far away from dodge city as they possibly can..

14 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This drama continues to be so intriguing. I only hope it will hold true till last episode. What exactly is happening? So many questions.......

About EH and CKW -- Divorced and yet together? or at least in amiable relationship. I mean, CKW knew that the wedding portrait was put right in the middle of the hall. If they are indeed divorced, wouldn't he mind seeing that? even if he was only back for a short visit at the house. Who is from the rich background here? EH or CKW? I had guessed about inheritance, but turns out that CKW could be working for EH's family. OR, both EH and CKW were divorced from another spouse 3 years ago, then they met and remain married till now? I mean, why would you let an ex-wife still call you yobo?

Please tell me the little girl HW is fine. We still don't know what EH might have done to her for discovering her secret.

So the evil ajumma is EH's mother? Did anyone else caught that short statement from EH?

Poor Nami. I think she is quite quickly forgotten by her lover. Don't see JH mourning over her too much. He was very much concerned about keeping his marriage and family together. And her friend must have been threatened by the ajumma to act like Nami owed her money.

Could it be true what the preview is trying to lead us to believe? That JW is not the biological son of JH? Btw, somehow I feel that JB and JH will not go through with divorce after all. It seems like JH will be key to the mysteries as well. EH is definitely eyeing him for whatever reason. He might turn out to be JB's support while unraveling this whole mysterious happenings. Or her liability, haha...

And I shall end my ramblings with praises for JB for being such a straight-forward no nonsense person, someone who dares to confront problems and misunderstandings up front, eg. start of ep.5, end of ep.6. I love our female lead!

I also thought it was weird that KW was fine with her calling him "yeobo" and having that huge wedding portrait up. There is more to this relationship than has been revealed. I think KW is definitely from a rich background since JB knew about that even back in their college days, but I'm not sure about EH. Since KW was talking to her father about business, it sounds like she is from a rich family as well, but is ahjumma actually her mother...? Maybe an illegitimate child? It's really hard to figure out what is going on here.

I'm worried about HW as well, especially since we didn't see her in the preview.

I think the thing about JW not being JH's biological son is an idea planted by EH in order to make JH suspicious of his wife. We know she is trying to break them apart although we don't know why. I tend to believe JB when she said she never slept with KW since she has always been an honest and straightforward person. I really like that aspect of her personality as well.

After watching episode 7, it looks like KW is part of EH's plan to separate JH and JB. EH's giving him money and property to make sure that he does everything that she demands so she can possess JH, JW and HW. EH was already madly in love with JH when he was a popular singer in college. But she was such a Nerdy looking girl, I don't think he even gave her a second glance. Being that JH had eyes only for JB, EH probably started plotting her revenge since college. EH is definitely a very "disturbed" individual who needs psychological help with her obsessive and possessive behavior towards JH and the children.

The big question: IS JW the son of KW? He's the splitting image of KW. Doesn't even resemble JH or JB. This could be just a coincidence----but we may have to wait to get the truth. Also KW wants a DNA test done and we know it could be tampered with since KW is working with EH.

My intuition tells me that NM may be alive. Who was that person that called EH's mother? Strong possibility it could be NM!! We are introduced to a new character, BRYAN? EH's mother's son, maybe not related to EH? Another mysterious character.

Since this drama has 50 episodes, anything can happen re JB and JH. My feeling is that EH will offer JH a deal he cannot resist. Leave JB and she will make him the popular singer that he so desires to be. She will pay for all his expenses starting with his training with the best instructors, when he's ready;  getting a contract with the best recording company, also with the best promotions company that will book concerts, photos shoots, etc. JH when he's in his element, singing on stage with an audience that loves him; shows a different side of him. He comes across as a person who has confidence and a lot of "Charisma" because this is his calling. To be a popular singer, with many fans who adore him. This scenario could happen!

Hmm, it seems like maybe KW was lying about his rich background, otherwise why would he need money from EH? I think the thing about JW being his son is totally a lie though. Regardless of his looks, JW did inherit JH's musical ability. Plus I think JB reacts with such incredulity and chases after KW because she's shocked he would make up a story like that when they both know they never slept together. It's just another of EH's schemes.

We learned a lot in ep. 7, but what's still mysterious is the murderer ahjumma and her relationship with EH. Why is she involved? What does her (dead?) son Bryan have to do with anything? As for the person who called her, I think it might be NM's friend the blonde girl who is trying to get revenge for NM.

Looks like ahjumma is going to kidnap JW tomorrow? I wonder what the purpose of that is.

@Mailelei This drama has 50 eps? I thought it was only 16 or 20. Everyone gives different info on this so I am very confused.

Another intriguing episode! Might contain spoilers, so read on at your own risk.

I guess we can safely say that this drama is going the fatal attraction way. What amazes me is that a man like JH is loved so dearly by 3 women! Viewers have been asking what's so great about this guy? All comments I've read are full of hate for him. Anyone anticipating a major makeover/transformation of JH like later on in the drama? Him becoming a mature responsible attractive man, not the wishy-washy him now?

I did make a mild guess that EH has special feeling for JH because of the shoes turning incident. She only did that with his shoes but not others. And I did guess too that she might have gone through a major makeover before, which is why she was not recognized by the trio best friends, coz one of them did mention that she looks familiar when they were all seated at the dining table on JB's first day at that house, but EH avoided the topic. And now it also makes sense why she wants to get on the good books with the children, because they are JH's children. She imagined herself to be his wife and mother of his children. Shudders.

I really like JB's character. When KW ignored her and just left the hotel, I just knew that this woman will not take no as an answer and chase him she did, using a sports car! How cool is our heroine....

Could NM's death be faked? But she clearly flatlined in the ambulance. I don't think it's the girlfriend because why need to be so mysterious about the identity of that caller if that's really her. Either it is really NM, or yet another new mysterious character, along with this Brian guy.

@Gwinna  Sorry, it's only 20 episodes. I got it confused with another drama, "Father Is Strange" that's 50 episodes. Yes, the caller may also be NM's friend. I don't know what  role , Bryan the ahjumma's son, plays in the future episodes. Her role in EH's scheme is also a mystery to me, but she's one "scary" person.  

So that's why Eunhee is so creepy. She wants to take everything away from Jaebok 'cause she feels it was Jaebok who took what was rightfully hers (Eunhee) all this time. Thank goodness Haewook is alright! That still begs the question, is Jinwook really Kyungwoo's son? What secret is Kyungwoo hiding? Why are there SO many secrets in this Drama? WHY?!!?:crazy:

Awww~ at Bonggoo hugging Jaebok and comforting her.... he wiped her tears too:wub: it's okay if you don't want him Jaebok-ssi, Bonggoo-ah~ you can come to me LoL!:tongue:

Jaebok is THE best female character in K-Dramas I've watched so far. I mean she actually threw herself on top of Kyungwoo's car for goodness sakes:blink: I also love how she stands her ground, is no pushover and doesn't just give in whenever she's backed into a corner. It's refreshing to see a sassy female lead:D

Archived