[Drama 2017] Chief Kim 김과장

tompark

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Damn,Sung Ryong is so smart,but even so,without the team work he could never pull that stint off and in such a short time...Also,i never knew i could laugh so much seeing a picture,it's content it's so wrong from so many reasons yet in a twisted way i laughed seeing it(the vitamins,the thumbs up,the merit diploma like letter,the terrorist like thugs behind with the huge cross on the background,i can even hear that piano tune the main thug was playing)...Curious who sent the lawyers,was it Yool or the Chairwomen..I bet on Yool to give him a lesson,like poison and then treatment to show him he has the power over him...Yet i doubt our Chief Kim will feel any fear even so...Felt a little bad for Yool when he realized Ha Kyung approched him only for information,even more seeing him be so suprisingly timid and awkward around women he likes...I guess even jerks have their good side,well hidden inside them...It's so funny seeing SR feel that need to explain himself about his relationship with Gwang Sook in front of HK...Yet again,Chief Kim is the MAN!!! I never belived Namgong Min would get out of his Nam Gyu Man persona so soon yet now he is Chief Kim(even if in th beginning i was like,oh,look,Nam Gyu Man is getting out)...Sooo sad we didn't get a preview,i guess they entered live shooting..

Totally agree! Yes, Chief Kim is just so much fun that each episode feels too short!! I often have the urge to fast forward through some parts of drama that feels draggy, but not this one... I laughed out loud even when watching it on my own... Haha!! After Nam Gyu Man, I was impressed to see Nam Goong Min was just as good with his comedic timing in Beautiful Gong Shim (and not forgetting a guest stint on Korea SNL) as well as playing dark and dramatic characters ... but I have to say he shines even more here in Chief Kim than in Beautiful Gong Shim...really excelled himself! The writing is soo good and all these little touches... like when he posed with the thugs after signing the agreement and taking the 'vitamins'...haha. When that photo was shown to SY, I could feel the fuse blowing up in SY's brain... Lol!!! I suspect the lawyers were sent by the Chairwoman. I think if it was SY, he would probably have sent the white-hair chap again... sending 3 lawyers is grand gesture, so I thought it was more likely to be the Chairwoman, but we shall see next week! Can't wait!! :D

Edit: Just a thought.... a wild card, but could the lawyers be sent by the Chinese investors??

24 minutes ago, stewiefg said:

Totally agree! Yes, Chief Kim is just so much fun that each episode feels too short!! I often have the urge to fast forward through some parts of drama that feels draggy, but not this one... I laughed out loud even when watching it on my own... Haha!! After Nam Gyu Man, I was impressed to see Nam Goong Min was just as good with his comedic timing in Beautiful Gong Shim (and not forgetting a guest stint on Korea SNL) as well as playing dark and dramatic characters ... but I have to say he shines even more here in Chief Kim than in Beautiful Gong Shim...really excelled himself! The writing is soo good and all these little touches... like when he posed with the thugs after signing the agreement and taking the 'vitamins'...haha. When that photo was shown to SY, I could feel the fuse blowing up in SY's brain... Lol!!! I suspect the lawyers were sent by the Chairwoman. I think if it was SY, he would probably have sent the white-hair chap again... sending 3 lawyers is grand gesture, so I thought it was more likely to be the Chairwoman, but we shall see this week! Can't wait!! :D

That solo picture made me laugh for minutes and indeed adding in the mix Yool face when he saw it himself was the cherry on the cake..The humor in this one is brilliant and even if it has it's dark tones in between it it's so well made that i can't stop laughing,even if normally u shouldn't...The editing team behind it is also amazing along,it all matches so well,kudos to the entire team for real!

I also belived it could be the Chairwomen in her attempt to get him on her side as my first choice but i think she would risk to much at stake,adding she would make sure there is a mole indeed inside to other players aside from Yool...also that timing...So i guess for the moment my bet might be still Yool,like he said,to give him a lesson to "tame" him, something i doubt will have any effect on Sung Ryong...I must say i adore when Sung Ryong enteres this unbelivable situations causing problems and the meltdown that Yool suffers because of him,it's plain hilarious seeing him going in blank mode everytime he finds out he did AGAIN something and of course not beliving him at all he didn't do it on purpose...Curious how will Sung Ryng be able to change the wave about his now bad reputation inside the company...Such a scary thing i must say,like a day before, all were all over him and in a second all of them became his anti not even giving him the doubt(we clearly know he is guilty of those forgeries etc.)but they don't and it's so scary how fast they crucify someone...I see the subtle sparks going on between SR and HK this episode...Like u said,i also feel like the episodes are way too short,want more,i' so happy this has 20 episodes because i love it!

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

This is my theory (I might be wrong): After this episode, I am more and more convinced that SY is working under cover due to the scene where the guy (with white/grey hair) informed him that there was a mole. First, chief Kim was hired by SY (he knew about his past) and then he used the police and prosecutor office in order to tame chief Kim. He was even able to find the books!! All this gives me the impression that he is supported by many people in order to have such an intel! So, on the surface he acts like a jerk and corrupted man but he needs someone like KSR in order to make sure that noone suspects him, if KSR gets investigated.  Yet he needs to get as close as possible to the Chairman and gain the CEO's trust in order to gather evidences against the Chairman. Because so far, even if the fake accounts were revealed, CEO could claim his innocence by saying he had been manipulated by his executive director and the workers from the Accounting department. Since CEO gives the order, it is much more difficult to prove his involvement. 

SY might act like a jerk, but he is not really. He was upset, when he saw that they had hired people to stop the strike. He didn't like how they tried to get rid of Lee's wife. Finally, we shouldn't forget that SY read the file about KSR hence he only saw him as a petty and selfish criminal hence he had no real respect for him. Nonetheless, we shouldn't judge SY based on his manners because it could be just a show. SY is indeed a disappointed man... I do think that he had enough working as prosecutor. Maybe that's why it is still possible that he might have changed his strategy: working against them from the behind-scene.

Sure, there is no garantee for this and I could be wrong. Nevertheless, I believe that despite his raw manners, SY is just like KSR so that they both will become friends.  

I believe the mole they were talking about is the young intern girl in the accounting department. She's a total newbie prosecutor and get the job because no one know who she is yet. I think it was explained in episode 2 or 3? 

She suppose to keep an eye on chief kim but then later falling and admiring him instead :D All 3 girls in the drama have all taken a liking of chief kim hehe.

I'm so happy to see the drama is doing so well. The casts and crews get their rewards :) I also love how they start and end the conflict within the week, there's no bottled up frustration so it feels very easy and entertaining to watch. I need more of these kind of dramas. It's kinda addicting too, I keep remember chief kim tactics and the giggling to myself randomly on the street.....

I mean it's Chief Kim... what straight red blooded female is not going to be charmed by him?  He looks like a model, is brilliant, Charismatic and  has a huge heart as much as he Denies  it. 

Yes the budding feelings between the leads are very sweet and cute and I look forward to the progression though I know per K drama law it won't be smooth sailing for them. 

Hi guys,

Honestly i think this is one of the best drama.Funny,very light drama and i love every character that potrayed in this drama.Even the all the good and bad character.I mean all character.I dont know why they not produce this kind of drama very often.I love the mr righteous concept but at the same time he was a sly character.This drama make me laugh so hard and feel excited.Cannot wait for next week.:wub:

50 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I mean it's Chief Kim... what straight red blooded female is not going to be charmed by him?  He looks like a model, is brilliant, Charismatic and  has a huge heart as much as he Denies  it. 

Yes the budding feelings between the leads are very sweet and cute and I look forward to the progression though I know per K drama law it won't be smooth sailing for them. 

And when he says in such a natural way some things,he is smooth,like when he told HK that he knew she would be worried about Chief Lee wife situation...

Also on another note,everytime i see that other Director with her aroma therapy i just can't resist hearing Daesung(BigBang)famous "Smell" from Secret Garden Parody..How SR hears those voices i hear DS jajja

1 hour ago, stewiefg said:

The writing is soo good and all these little touches... like when he posed with the thugs after signing the agreement and taking the 'vitamins'...haha. When that photo was shown to SY, I could feel the fuse blowing up in SY's brain... Lol!!! ! :D

IKR,it was epic scene where chief kim smiling while taking  photo with the thug absolutely annoyed SY.Chief slyness to the best.I admit that he almost fall by the offer but he need to choose between mr righteous or denmark.At the end its was a right decision.LOL

2 hours ago, Miky88 said:

And when he says in such a natural way some things,he is smooth,like when he told HK that he knew she would be worried about Chief Lee wife situation...

Also on another note,everytime i see that other Director with her aroma therapy i just can't resist hearing Daesung(BigBang)famous "Smell" from Secret Garden Parody..How SR hears those voices i hear DS jajja

OMG I laughed so hard at the Daesung comment. How could I have forgotten that?!?!?! 

finally had the time to watch episode 5 and 6.

so very hilarious. hahaha... made me laugh so hard. that people are looking at me.. maybe thinking that i am mental. 

hehehe... it is really fun to watch this series.. the writing is good. and the lead actor is superb. :D

I love this drama, it is really fun to watch. From the last two episodes, I was very touched by the accounting intern: Hong Ga-Eun. She has fallen for Chief Kim because he is so righteous. From ease-dropping (spying) she learned all the great things he did and kept saying, "daebak...."  Although the actress Jung Hye-Sung is very young, I have followed her already. She was the overweight Princess Myung-Eun in "Love in the Moonlight." She added so much personality to that show also. I was very impressed by the make-up artists in South Korea that could make a slender girl into an overweight one, like that in "Oh My Venus." But the most touching scene was when Ga-Eun overheard all the gossips about Mr. Righteous being a phony, you could tell she was all torn up as she really likes Chief Kim. I also liked the scene where she brought him a cake. To me, the comedy has been strong but romantically, Ga-Eun's love toward Mr. Righteous is the only solid evidence I have so far.

I have a question. In Korean dramas, we see some characters trying to run overseas with a big bag of cash. How is that possible? Doesn't Korea have any imposition on taking excessive cash out of the country? And what about the immigration? Wouldn't they conduct checks and stop these people from leaving?

Archived