[Drama 2017] Chief Kim 김과장

tompark

10 hours ago, RobinM said:

I Think Ga Eun has set her Cap for our chief... and they really used that Goblin Song?? The PD's here are too much LOL 

That Goblin's ost still makes me laugh, even though i just imagine it :D

I feel ep 7'pace was running slower than 6 eps before and chief kim story walked in place in that waiting room. But still... I was surprised by kim's silly actions. He's really a softhearted-man, but why he did many despicable things in his past.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was never  actively trying to get rich or even put a lot of effort into his stealing. He skimmed where he could when could. His plan was simply to raise the money to get to Denmark. 

If he was a real "snake" like he claims he could have easily gotten into the other  more profitable business gangsters are into such as prostitution and drugs and and made the money in no time but the cruelty and violence would have killed him inside. 

Caught the tail end of livestream episode..

Spoiler

Bearing in mind, this was without subs: Chief Kim was going to resign....Ha-Kyung and General Manager were called to Board Room with the management team. Chairperson Jang was there too! SY kept staring at Ha-Kyung, General Manager, Chairwoman Jang and the go-between person whispering stuffs to these individuals sitting at different ends of of the boardroom. I think Chairwoman texted Chief Kim when she heard he was going to resign and asked him to open an envelope (think he received it earlier). After that, we see Chief Kim changing his mind and walking to the Board Room and looking very cool... The bad guys looked shocked and v agitated... Lol!! He made some declaration to do with TQ delivery (I think!). End of episode and no preview!

Oh boy,Chief Kim is so good letting us hang up in air like that for another week!!!

Can't wait to see how Sung Ryong and his team will save TQ Delivery and give a slap to Yul,President&comp. for all the bad deeds they do...Curious who will be part of the new team aside from the 3 we already know...For some strange reason i hope he will choose Myung Seok as well in his team,and make him grow up and learn the value of things even if he is quite the pain now...It's so adorable seeing Ga Eun looking up at Sung Ryong,like he is indeed some amazing hero and taking quite vocally his side...Even more when the actors played together before as bad blood siblings in Remember:War of the Son...That image being quite fresh i find it so funny seeing them in such good terms here...

I see from this week the drama gotten more serious and gave up a notch on the hilarious part yet i don't really mind as there is still there,but on a smaller doze and we get into more serious stuff...Episode 7 arc was very touching even more the rooftop scene,were SungRyong saved the poor man life...It was so sad seeing that reality that more than often the good honest people are branded as bad apples while the rotten ones are of highvalue...Admire Sung Ryong perseverance and his fight for injustice getting to abolish that awful room and clearing his name...

It's sad seeing how Yul is becoming just like the people he so much hated and fighted all his years against,and i at least apreciate that he himself realizes this fact,when the other Executive pointed to him that he now resembles more like a TQ Business Man rather than a Prosecutor(based on his deeds etc).Yet he is the only one to blame because it is his choice...While Sung Ryung is marching going closer to the light Yul is rapidly going to the dark,it's like the reversal and it shows it's all about life choices...

OMG episode 8, ahhhh!!! I seriously can't with chief kim's waiting room antics, this man is a genius!! Virtual roller coaster! Landing on the moon! I seriously can't! The dramatic acting show he put up with Ga Eun was so funny!

I still can't get a grasp of the direction they are going with Junho's character. Seo Yool was more despicable in this week's episodes, then you see him throwing things and getting frustrated with the chairman. I'm interested to see where his character will end up. 

The ending was nice but predictable, you know deep down he is a good person and won't be able to leave like that. Loved the grand entrance though! 

@stewiefg I totally need to go back and check out that 2pm poster, haha. 

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

Well yes. The show has 8(?) more episodes and is Titled  Chief Kim. He is in fact going nowhere :) 

Saw it has 20 episodes so we are in for a long fun ride

Curious if the Madam gave him a check for helping out...Kinda nostalgic seeing those posters of 2PM from ep 7,quite cute how they left Junho only on the door one trying on the others to not have him as they were more obvious

omg!!! this is the funniest episode ever... i was in a boring meeting and started watching episode 8 and i kept making laughing noise...

this is by far one of the best comedy series that i have ever watch... everything he did to irritate his superior without really breaking any of the written rules is so hilarious..i am just sorry that i have to wait another week for the next episode.. never thought that the main actor can pull off this kind of comedy... great acting on his part...:D

I find ep 7 better than 8, but Iike  his creativity in iirritating people yet circumventing rules, then  getting an agreement  that  exonerated himself neatly and spelled the end of the dreaded waiting area, in the process becoming a hero once again.  Very Chief Kim.  The  proposition at the tail end of the ep, saying he is turning TQ delivery without restructuring, interests me.  There is no preview to ep 9, wae?! 

That they got Nam Goong Min to do this drama,  is perfection. He carries the show, is in most of the scenes, and the whole capable cast revolves around him.     

Incidentally, since Chief Kim got ratings of  over 15% , NGM and cast have to find time to deliver 1000 cups of coffee to officeworkers, as promised.   That is a good problem to have.  Congrats to  this show. 

10 hours ago, sebastian27 said:

omg!!! this is the funniest episode ever... i was in a boring meeting and started watching episode 8 and i kept making laughing noise...

this is by far one of the best comedy series that i have ever watch... everything he did to irritate his superior without really breaking any of the written rules is so hilarious..i am just sorry that i have to wait another week for the next episode.. never thought that the main actor can pull off this kind of comedy... great acting on his part...:D

It is indeed,and Chief Kim is so creative finding so many loopholes in the system to use it against them and courage to actually take them rather than be afraid to lift his head

The lack of preview is sad but understandable,u know when u don't see one that they are in live shooting...

3 hours ago, glee77 said:

Anyone got the part when he was watching "singing battle" and complimenting the the host :tongue:

(inner joke : he's the host of that show)

For whoever wants to watch all the episodes , singing battle is on kbs world with eng subs on YouTube

Hahaha that part of chief Kim complimenting himself totally cracked me up!

12 hours ago, glee77 said:

Anyone got the part when he was watching "singing battle" and complimenting the the host :tongue:

(inner joke : he's the host of that show)

For whoever wants to watch all the episodes , singing battle is on kbs world with eng subs on YouTube

It is indeed hilarious... he is complimenting himself... haha...

4 hours ago, fluffychim1013 said:

I heard that chief kim is extending to 20 episodes (from 16), so it's good news for us! Hopefully this doesn't affect the quality of the show.

Hope the plot and hilarity of the story would not compromise... 

Both episodes of this week were great. I also believe that chief Kim received a check from the CEO Jang. Although chief Kim can't bear seeing injustice and when he suffers from it, he will do anything to reverse the situation. However, his other motivation is also money. Fact is that KSR is extremly loyal. 

Yes, this week SY was really despicable. The only good thing about him was how mad he became after the executive director had pointed out that he was no longer a prosecutor! He looked exactly like them! In my opinion, SY would like to be on the winning side and got so disappointed that his hard work could never really punish the bad guys. He felt like a loser. So by switching side, he thought, he would become a winner. Unfortunately to him, this is not going to happen. The question is: when will he stop? 

Well it is safe to say no love triangle subplot will ever develop like most suspected it would. When he through away that baseball glove it was symbolic of him throwing any warmer feelings for her away.

The Irony is everyone says Kim is trash  with his criminal back ground and poor education and his eccentric  ways but he really has  a heart of gold for powerless people and is very sensitive is many ways.  Seo yool is supposed to be society's golden boy with all the advantages and a job being supposedly upstanding but he is the trash inside.

Archived