[Drama 2017] Chief Kim 김과장

tompark

I like this drama and I will stay with it and hopefully we will have a strong group in this forum. I am glad Nam Goong Min has a leade role in a good drama which suits him. I saw him in "The Girl Who Could see Smell" and I disliked him because he was such a tough but high class serial murderer. But, boy oh boy, Nam has ABS, I wonder if he would have a shower scene in this drama. Maybe not, perhaps he has moved on to become a higher-list actor. He was also a bad guy with temper in "Remember" and I didn't like him then also. It is funny how his acting stayed with me; when he appeared as a sensitive father as a cameo in "Doctor" I kept thinking he would get angry and strangle a doctor or nurse. I look forward to him having a chance and move up and get more lead roles. I like the second episode better than the first, I was impatient with the slow development to have the OTP meet. There are a lot of interesting characters in this drama, I am certain the replacement lady prosecutor is the new office intern at the corporation. They didn't show her face when she reported to work at the prosecutor's office but the way she excitedly reported was the same. So I assume the CEO's wife, the OTP and the office girl would be the good guys to bring down the corruption. It is 20 episodes long, so it must have a very substantial plot.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, docster6 said:

I like this drama and I will stay with it and hopefully we will have a strong group in this forum. I am glad Nam Goong Min has a leade role in a good drama which suits him. I saw him in "The Girl Who Could see Smell" and I disliked him because he was such a tough but high class serial murderer. But, boy oh boy, Nam has ABS, I wonder if he would have a shower scene in this drama. Maybe not, perhaps he has moved on to become a higher-list actor. He was also a bad guy with temper in "Remember" and I didn't like him then also. It is funny how his acting stayed with me; when he appeared as a sensitive father as a cameo in "Doctor" I kept thinking he would get angry and strangle a doctor or nurse. I look forward to him having a chance and move up and get more lead roles. I like the second episode better than the first, I was impatient with the slow development to have the OTP meet. There are a lot of interesting characters in this drama, I am certain the replacement lady prosecutor is the new office intern at the corporation. They didn't show her face when she reported to work at the prosecutor's office but the way she excitedly reported was the same. So I assume the CEO's wife, the OTP and the office girl would be the good guys to bring down the corruption. It is 20 episodes long, so it must have a very substantial plot.

Have you seen Beautiful Gong Shim? Nam Goong Min is hilarious in it! I couldn't believe he was the same guy who played the creepy mass murder in the Girl Who Sees Smell. 

I like this drama too, watched them on interviews and they're hilarious, Nam Goong Min is pretty good funny, Nam Sang Mi has strong female character that's good. The young Junho, first time seeing him, he is not bad, and it's a bonus that he's good looking, funny in the interviews and my love for left handed man :). I hope it keeps the story funny quirky till the end.

Poor Chief Kim, he gets injured at the last scene of each episode.

Episode 1 : Gets multiple punches and kicks from gangsters

Episode 2 : Gets hit by a suspicious car

What's next? Falls from stairs? Gets hit from falling debris? Gets hit from thrown rocks? Gets stabbed? Gets a shot from a gun?

I really think it pick up in the second episode, @carolinedl I agree it was all over the place in the first episode too. I'm  looking forward to see how he becomes a part of the team and starts working against the  three terrible boss's. I've never watched Jungho in a drama and he's doing really well.  

14 hours ago, docster6 said:

I love Namgoong Min, his acting does stay w/you. He was too good as that psycho in Remember, that character was so disturbing to watch him play (he nailed it) that I couldn't finish the drama. I'm happy he's chosen  much lighter characters lately and he is getting lead roles. I'm excited to watch Nam Sang Mi in this one too.  @TRAN  I'm happy that she chooses strong characters in dramas too. Hopefully now that he inadvertently saved that widow and got hurt doing it, our OTP will be on the fast track. I like underdog vs the corrupt powers that be stories.

1 hour ago, uglypearl said:

Poor Chief Kim, he gets injured at the last scene of each episode.

Episode 1 : Gets multiple punches and kicks from gangsters

Episode 2 : Gets hit by a suspicious car

What's next? Falls from stairs? Gets hit from falling debris? Gets hit from thrown rocks? Gets stabbed? Gets a shot from a gun?

LOL I hope he'd not in the hospital for most of the drama but w/the way this is going....

Guest my2centsworth
On 12/12/2016 at 10:13 PM, irilight said:

Just got your message. So nice to know I haven't been forgotten. Been away from the forums but thought it time to return. Missed all of you. This drama just started? Will check it out and let you know what I think later on. So nice to hear from you.....will chat later after I visit some other forums.

Episode 3! I love the irony in this drama, how chief Kim became a hero by accident. It's seriously hilarious. love how he bribed his workers to get them on his side. Actually really enjoying Junho's performance as the arrogant, mean guy. It's so different from his real life personality. Looking forward to episode 4! 

A very interesting episode 3; I am hooked by this drama already. There are some development which could delay the getting together of the OTP. The mean young manager was actually mesmerized by our female lead's baseball batting habits. Some music actually played in the background while he watched her....that means in Korean Drama recipe, the second male lead might have some interest in the first female lead. Does that mean the former prosecutor might end up on the good guy's side near the end? He was already unhappy about the hire-to-murder scheme of the existing company leadership. Also the second female lead, with her cheerful ways, could derail the OTP too as they will be working closer together. I am really looking forward to Chief Kim going up against the arrogant staff who routinely chewed out the accounting staff. I hope his arrest by the police at the end of Episode 3 is not a major distraction to the storyline.

All right:  I must ask... is this even going to have a  love line between The leads?  He is a career crook and liar. Been in trouble with police for years on end and worked for gangsters. She is not the type to just over look that cause she has feels. And I have not seen this described officially as a Rom Com to be honest.

And the second lead was smitten at first sight, complete with love ballad. 

27 minutes ago, RobinM said:

All right:  I must ask... is this even going to have a  love line between The leads?  He is a career crook and liar. Been in trouble with police for years on end and worked for gangsters. She is not the type to just over look that cause she has feels. And I have not seen this described officially as a Rom Com to be honest.

And the second lead was smitten at first sight, complete with love ballad. 

I hope it stays as a office comedy. Sometimes the love line end up ruining the drama, *cough* Hwarang. 

13 hours ago, Chi Le said:

big jump 

2.[KBS2] Chief Kim: 7.2→12.8

May i ask, is this worth to watch? I'm currently watching another drama at the same airing slot. But if this show looks interesting, i will give a try. Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, Ahjumma08 said:

May i ask, is this worth to watch? I'm currently watching another drama at the same airing slot. But if this show looks interesting, i will give a try. Thanks in advance

what are you watching? what type of drama you like?

Archived