[Drama 2017] Chief Kim 김과장

tompark

8 minutes ago, Ahjumma08 said:

May i ask, is this worth to watch? I'm currently watching another drama at the same airing slot. But if this show looks interesting, i will give a try. Thanks in advance

I love it. Currently I'm watching this drama. Comical , rilex and straight plotline:D. Love the leads

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@docster6 Yes, this drama is interesting because the two male lead characters Chief Kim and Executive director/former prosecutor SY are right now working for the bad side. The latter used to be a good prosecutor but due to the higher-ups, he ended up disappointed and threw away his principles. Now, he wants to be on the winning side. We can still see glimpses of his "goodness" because he was really displeased with the attempted murder. So he is not that ruthless. Then Chief Kim is also disenchanted due to his childhood, where he had to witness how his father got betrayed and had to live on the run due his principles. Both are right now similar. SY is really difficult to discern and judge, yet because of the scene where he meets YHK, I agree with you that SY might switch side at some point. Chief Kim is now arrested and I suspect the wife, YJS who is behind his arrest. She is right to suspect chief Kim due to his past. Right now, I am wondering when Kim SR will think differently and work for the employees. I guess, chief Kim will argue with the CEO's son but I hope, there is more to it.

AHA. Chief Kim's Green suit & his Red hair made him look like a leprechaun! :lol::lol::lol:

Looks like a love triangle is developing between Hagyeong-Chief Kim-2PM Junho's character. 

LMAo @ 2PM Junho when his subordinate asks to get "rid" of a threat, his reply:- "This Is NOT A Mob Movie!":tongue: That intern from Accounting is a hoot as well. Her doe eyed expressions remind me of a cartoon character. 

24 minutes ago, Chi Le said:

what are you watching? what type of drama you like?

I like many genre of K-drama. Currently, i'm watching defendant, Saimdang, and waiting for tomorrow with u. I tried to watch missing nine and introverted boss but i gave up because i dislike their female leads.

1 minute ago, Ahjumma08 said:

I like many genre of K-drama. Currently, i'm watching defendant, Saimdang, and waiting for tomorrow with u. I tried to watch missing nine and introverted boss but i gave up because i dislike their female leads.

if you like defendant you would like chef kim

6 minutes ago, Ahjumma08 said:

Defendant is quite melo n thrill drama . I watched and loved it as well. You might love this drama as well. Worth watching and fun to watch. The female n male leads are strong character

I love Chief Kim even more after Ep4.... I don't want to spoil it for others who have not watched it yet, but there was a hilarious exchange between Chief Kim, Hong Ga Eun (intern from Accounting) and the General Manager that made me howl with laughter! Nam Gong Min is excellent as usual... this man really lives the character that he plays that I forget he is only acting! Junho as well, is doing a fabulous job... I remember watching him in a supporting role in 'Cold Eyes' years ago and thought this guy has potential to be a good actor and I am very pleased to see that he is very convincing in the role of Seo Yool here! The writer, director and the whole cast and crew are really doing a great job so far and I cannot wait for Ep5! :) 

Ok people, stop sleeping on this drama, this drama is such a gem :D

I'm so happy to see the rating jump, I was officially hooked after 2nd episode. I think the story line (originate from the manhwa) is pretty solid with interesting characters. What I love the most is the two leads (Seo Yeol and Chief Kim) are both leads with questionable moral compass, meaning, they are not black or white but rather grey and they can turn over anytime. They seem to turn bad due to circumstances but they have good character deep deep inside. In Yeol's case, I was so surprised when he showed his smitten, lovestruck side (to Nam Sang Mi's character). I believe there is still some layers in his character that we haven't seen.

But speaking about my most favorite character: Nam Goong Min's chief Kim! He is the source of satisfying moment in every episode :) He was a child genius and his dad was a righteous man. He probably witness how his dad get backstabbed and vow to never be righteous as it would never get him anything. I love how he got pushed into "righteous man" image comically and coincidently. This character is too much fun, how can you not love him? Nam Goong Min's perfect for this, from this expression, his hidden smirks, chief Kim acts of pity, etc, everything is so comical. 

This is a stress relieving drama. You don't need lots of thinking, time will just pass by fast :D
Waiting impatiently for next episode!! 

1 minute ago, Chi Le said:

Chef Kim won first place with 13.8%, surprise surprise. And its only 2nd week

12.8% -> 13.8%

Thank you for the good news!happy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gifI'm so happy for Namgoong Min, Nam Sang Mi, Joon Ho and the rest of the cast. I loved episode 3, will be back after I watch 4.

@bebebisous33jcdragon_hi.gif Happy your joining us.

9 hours ago, RobinM said:

You should not mind the female lead here. She is very smart, take no nonsense and would smack the crazy lady  in Introverted  Boss  into next Sunday :wink: 

I would love to watch that!

2 hours ago, stewiefg said:

I love Chief Kim even more after Ep4.... I don't want to spoil it for others who have not watched it yet, but there was a hilarious exchange between Chief Kim, Hong Ga Eun (intern from Accounting) and the General Manager that made me howl with laughter! Nam Gong Min is excellent as usual... this man really lives the character that he plays that I forget he is only acting! Junho as well, is doing a fabulous job... I remember watching him in a supporting role in 'Cold Eyes' years ago and thought this guy has potential to be a good actor and I am very pleased to see that he is very convincing in the role of Seo Yool here! The writer, director and the whole cast and crew are really doing a great job so far and I cannot wait for Ep5! :) 

That scene was hilarious! I love how chief kim was trying to salvage the situation but the intern kept making it worse, haha. 

Archived