[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, 역도 요정 김복주

Maetawinz

13 hours ago, naritul said:

THEY ARE KILLING ME SERIOUSLY!!!

Omo I love that look she gives JH in this gif

1gpj1f.gif&key=dd93ac7de8819b16258b4e87a

cr:naritul

Thank you for all of the gifs. She has him wrapped around her fingers.  I love that pout she gives him dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Aya Hong I don't think I saw the couch scene either ..man did they just do that for bts or to bait us. Chincha MBC? Starting to troll us again? 

zit! Every girl's enemy 

I can't wait to see this :

49 minutes ago, triplem said:

@Aya Hong I don't think I saw the couch scene either ..man did they just do that for bts or to bait us. Chincha MBC? Starting to troll us again? 

HUWAAAAA :bawling: i thought i was the only one who want to see this... huwaaa... 

2_zps6anlnx0w.gif

I WANT THIS SCENE!!!!!

:blush::heart::love:

7B0jz7g.gif

I just want to commend our leads again. I cannot tell the difference any more between LSK-NJH or BJ-JH. Their execution of these characters are amazing. They say, friends make the best lovers. Or in this case, friends act as the best lovers :blush:

His "back hugs" to me are more like semi piggy back rides lol i can see NJH doing this to LSK. Continue being bffs, you guys! All WFKBJ viewers are having butterflies every weeeek ♡

8 minutes ago, _yellowcarina_ said:

I just want to commend our leads again. I cannot tell the difference any more between LSK-NJH or BJ-JH. Their execution of these characters are amazing. They say, friends make the best lovers. Or in this case, friends act as the best lovers :blush:

His "back hugs" to me are more like semi piggy back rides lol i can see NJH doing this to LSK. Continue being bffs, you guys! All WFKBJ viewers are having butterflies every weeeek ♡

I was actually fully expecting him to jump on top of her and BJ end up giving JH a piggyback ride lmao. I hope we get to see more of NJH-LSK friendship, wish the drama was popular enough for the cast to go on variety shows :(

1 hour ago, dhakra said:

(1) That's quite interesting for me. I didn't see it that way. I think with more life experience you get better at reading between the lines.

(2) I can totally confirm that. I can talk only for myself, but it can be very harmful.

(3) Thanks, I'm really glad that you liked it. I keep doing my best. I'm sure we will meet in some other drama threads.

Exactly... I think it will take a while and a couple of practices before you become very good at it :blush:

4 minutes ago, koreanricegirl said:

I was actually fully expecting him to jump on top of her and BJ end up giving JH a piggyback ride lmao. I hope we get to see more of NJH-LSK friendship, wish the drama was popular enough for the cast to go on variety shows :(

Me tooo! I wish so too! This drama is going to be a rewatch many times for me :) thank you again for all your hard work translating for us ♡ 

Spoiler

I backtracked her IG and I do see snippets of their friendship out and about and its cute! Its so nice to have a good friend for 3 years and then go through this journey of creating a well loved drama for the viewers. He is doing SO well, as a new actor. I have seen clips of him here and there but his acting didnt seem very memorable. Here, I definitely will always remember JH! I also think because he is so close to LSK, he has no awkwardness filming romantic scenes with her. I just loveee them and their friendship oh so much! I honestly cannot tell the difference anymore, even in the BTS. 

@stargazer187 Gosh, when you see the still you start noticing and appreciating all the gestures. Like I wasn't even paying attention to how his hands wrap around her waist but its so loving and sweet!

7 minutes ago, _yellowcarina_ said:

Me tooo! I wish so too! This drama is going to be a rewatch many times for me :) thank you again for all your hard work translating for us ♡ 

Hide contents

I backtracked her IG and I do see snippets of their friendship out and about and its cute! Its so nice to have a good friend for 3 years and then go through this journey of creating a well loved drama for the viewers. He is doing SO well, as a new actor. I have seen clips of him here and there but his acting didnt seem very memorable. Here, I definitely will always remember JH! I also think because he is so close to LSK, he has no awkwardness filming romantic scenes with her. I just loveee them and their friendship oh so much! I honestly cannot tell the difference anymore, even in the BTS. 

I agree, I think acting with someone he feels comfortable with is doing wonders for him. His eyes are much more expressive and his acting is more detailed (like in this episode when BJ tells JH to mind his own business and you can see his expression slightly shift from worry to anger). I've seen him in other dramas and felt like he was either amateur or just not fully believable (you always kind of could see the actor instead of only the character), but now I'm fully immersed and completely believe NJH is JH. LSK I feel has consistently been pretty good and nuanced for a while now. Anyway I saw some older clips of them hanging out and they seem to have a really playful relationship, NJH likes to mess with his nuna lol.

andwaeee!!!  i hope MBC still airs WFKBJ tomorrow.  i look forward to wednesdays and thursdays because of this drama.  The drama is sweetness and cuteness overload. the chemistry between LSK and NJH is so organic and their acting is on point.  We need more doses of WFKBJ goodness ... it definitely brings good vibes and brings out the happy hormones.

today's episode reminded me of the book, men are from mars, women are from venus (sort of).  john gray (the author) presented how men and women have different communication styles as if they speak different languages.  jjh was totally clueless on why kbj was giving him the cold shoulder and not until kbj articulated the reason, jjh's thoughts were totally off tangent, thinking of every reason except for the very reason why kbj was upset.  meanwhile kbj expects jjh to read her mind and know what's wrong kk ... poor jjh ... while kbj's actions may be viewed as immature, i think this may be attributed to the nature of women in general (i guess most would agree)  it is good to have a level headed jjh who didn't let pride get in the way.  he took the lead in their relationship and had set expectations to keep their communication lines open ... no bottling up ... love this!  

as for jy and ah, i don't buy his proposal to date ah.  yes he is a nice guy but so dense and he did not act on his own volition.  it took some poking from ah before he asked her to date him.  the unfortunate reality is that men are more visual than women and if they see what they like they would act on it.  if he liked ah in the first place he would've dated ah a long time ago.  but ah hung on to him and her sadly 10 years staying by his side did not bear fruit.  perhaps jy genuinely sees her as a friend and nothing more.  there may cases when constant companionship would later translate to romance but if the guy doesn't show any intention to explore a possible romance after 10 years (or even after a year), to me it's vuvay!  good for ah.  she should start dating and find a man who would appreciate her as a woman.  interestingly kbj and jjh romance started from friendship but the difference in their case is that jjh was somehow drawn to kbj who also happens to be his childhood crush (and later admitted his first love).  although he teases kbj, i think this makes kbj extra special to him ... the more he teases, the more he likes her.  his dynamics with other women (including his ex girlfriend) is different.  with kbj his face lights up each time they are together ... totally different from jy and ah 10 year friendship ... 

i will be sound like a broken record if i say i love, love this episode (and you may hear this again).  never a dull moment with this drama.  don't get me started with all the feels ... all the hand holding, embraces, gazes are just so daebak ... it's electrifying!  and as other viewers would say, where can you get a bf like jjh ... he is the best!  can we clone him?

you want a good laugh and feel good, watch weightlifting fairy ... Su-wehhh

on another note, has anyone heard of possibly having a DVD box set released? 

2 hours ago, tofuetoffee said:

I hoped they would touch a little bit on JH's trauma but after the episode I'm just happy at what the writers did. It was such a huge thing that JH revealed to SH that he was going to therapy and he was going to refer her. This show does best at making everything so natural, no need for the thriller music and makjang. Also when BJ was conscious of her calloused hands and this was also shown when she refused to shake JY's hand in an earlier episode but JH just so casually wiped her worries away and held her hand. Aw. Like, why does this show do these things so subtly and naturally I just can't. I love almost every scene esp with the OTP.

Not until this show that I realized that all I needed all along was not perfect characters but relatable multi-dimensional characters who are strong in many ways and that I just want to cuddle with in the sweet moments and learn to respect in the serious moments. None of our leads are perfect. BJ is girl crush material but still prone to distractions, self-consciousness and making mistakes because of her youth. JH is ideal bf material and a sweetheart but he can be such an immature child sometimes and always puts his foot in his mouth. SH has too much pride and is ambitious but she loves her family and feels guilt about her own ambitions. Even nice guy JY who seemed too perfect turned out to be too clueless. What I love the most about our main leads and second leads though, minus JY because he's a little out there, is that these young adults with their big dreams and normal slice of life problems learn to pick themseleves up, ultimately through their own will or circumstances. Of course BJ had a lot of support but even then she made the decision to continue weightlifting for herself. JH's start trauma was getting worse and when JY pushed him a little he made the decision himself to get help and later open up about the real reason behind his trauma. I will be looking forward to more about this. SH went through a lot before realizing she had to let go of JH because she hated who she was becoming and then finally after a near fatal experience decided that she was going to get help. Our guys have so much heart along with having their own faults - and I'm with them empathizing every step of the way and accepting their good traits and the bad. Wait...is this what they call love? This show melted my jaded heart.

@tofuetoffee I love your comments about the multi-dimensionality of the characters. The show makes the characters seem like everyday real people and you can't help but love them all the more for their flaws. 

The love lines and even the familial relationships remind me of the quote

"You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not"

It seems to be a recurring theme in the show that one doesn't have to be perfect to deserve love.
Kudos to the writers, directors, producers & actors for spreading the love this festive season with such a beautiful message :wub:

19 minutes ago, koreanricegirl said:

@stargazer187 Gosh, when you see the still you start noticing and appreciating all the gestures. Like I wasn't even paying attention to how his hands wrap around her waist but its so loving and sweet!

I agree, I think acting with someone he feels comfortable with is doing wonders for him. His eyes are much more expressive and his acting is more detailed (like in this episode when BJ tells JH to mind his own business and you can see his expression slightly shift from worry to anger). I've seen him in other dramas and felt like he was either amateur or just not fully believable (you always kind of could see the actor instead of only the character), but now I'm fully immersed and completely believe NJH is JH. LSK I feel has consistently been pretty good and nuanced for a while now. Anyway I saw some older clips of them hanging out and they seem to have a really playful relationship, NJH likes to mess with his nuna lol.

totally agree chingu.  i noticed early on how his fingers are entwined with hers whenever they held hands.  i remember ji chang wook once said in his interview that he is careful not entwining his fingers with his costar so as not to send the wrong message and make his costar uncomfortable.  with lsk and jjh it seems so natural and they are cool about it.  that makes their characters more real, they are executing the scenes without thinking of what if, what if ... they do it in an unbridled fashion ... much to the viewers delight :blush:

2 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Lovely ♡♡♡♡

Hide contents

tumblr_oiwm82OTnr1rvpnp8o2_500.gif

tumblr_oiwm82OTnr1rvpnp8o1_500.gif

tumblr_oiwm82OTnr1rvpnp8o4_500.gif

tumblr_oiwm82OTnr1rvpnp8o3_500.gif

Credit to dramamovie tumblr

These two.. keep making my heart burst in super joy.. kekeke. 

@triplem Same.. I love them too.. and keep saving all their pics, vids and other stuffs.. ha..

@evie7 @sakura2016 let's gather for group prayimg... MBC jebal.. !!

Is @Kasmic here?? Ah.. swag!! Annyeong.. *waves cheerily* I must miss some pages.. 

i love love love the part we they talk softly at each other's ear. So sweet, so heartfelt, so much tenderness:heart:

15 minutes ago, cmoirae2 said:

totally agree chingu.  i noticed early on how his fingers are entwined with hers whenever they held hands.  i remember ji chang wook once said in his interview that he is careful not entwining his fingers with his costar so as not to send the wrong message and make his costar uncomfortable.  with lsk and jjh it seems so natural and they are cool about it.  that makes their characters more real, they are executing the scenes without thinking of what if, what if ... they do it in an unbridled fashion ... much to the viewers delight :blush:

This is totally the very first thing I noticed when they started holding hands. It makes the scene so much more intimate and realistic. One of my pet peeves in dramas is that they never interlock their hands. It's so annoying. But this is another detail that I like about this drama.

Of course, this could be all due to LSK/NJH's "acting."

The thing I love about WLKBJ is the simplicity of the plot. Problem that we see as ‘not that serious’ (Now when we all matured and what not) … would be soooo serious back then ..

Like when BJ was so devastated that JY saw her lifting the weight …. To some it was not a serious issue, so what if JY sees her in that condition .. it’s not that her facial expression gonna last forever … and that her figure was not bad all … tell that to a teenager .. remember we used to cry over problem that is almost non-existence if we think about the ‘so call problem’ now ..

I remember when I was a teenager, I saw my crush talked to a girl – THAT’S IT – I tot my life was over … I felt like dying (he was just chatting to a girl happily and I went home cried my eyes out like it’s Armageddon) …  I had a crush on a boy since I was twelve and after stalking him for almost 5 years , he finally notice me and we went steady when I was 17++, the relationship lasted for 4 months .. I call it off, went to uni and found my soulmate there (happily married till now).. I never had any boyfriend or any other serious crush … there was only 2 person that I dated and one I ended up married to.

I remember I went out on a date (ex-crush aka my chut sarang), I was 17 .. (early dating stage), I wore very tight and short skirt, I tried to cross over a bolder and my skirt torn .. Yes .. torn ..  I felt like dying, it was the most embarrassing moment ever … and I felt like breaking off when I permed my hair and it didn’t turn out like Madonna soft curl instead it turn out like tina turner hair .. I cried all night and refuse to see him (just like BJ refuse to see JH with the zit) …

It used to be so serious but now when I think about it – I can laugh it off ...

So I think it’s only right for BJ and JH to settle the jealousy issue in one episode .. it was not draggy at all and it was not a ‘simple problem’ (it’s all in the age) …

I love how to writer ‘explore’ this childhood innocence … the small but big problem we used to face (at one point of our live) ..  I am sure everyone faced and went through some of the thing BJ went through .. we can relate to her … like keeping the relationship a secret. Balancing between girlfriends and boyfriend … having a crush on someone un attainable … someone out of league … lying about going out on dates etc etc … we’ve been there, we’ve done that …

The first kiss .. wahaha … and the first conversation on the phone (we didn’t have mobile back then) .. the letters … OMG …. The –you-go-first-no-you-go-first- …. That squealing after the confession (when you were back in your room alone) … demmmmmmmmmm .. this drama bring back memories ..

I did what BJ and JH did – kicking the bed, kicking the air (like JH did while lying on the couch) … I did that after my crush called and confessed …… and then the excuse to touch all the time … OMG … this drama is sooooo me

I am so in love with this drama … it’s like I’m watching the teenage me … esp the insecure part – feeling not beautiful …

This drama is trying to send the message that be proud of who you are, there is someone out there that just love you for who you are … Just like JH said – If you don’t love yourself don’t expect anyone else to love you …

I love this last ep except for three things.

1.  What's up with coach Choi? Seriously.  Samchon is all over you like white on rice; but you're after a man who's nose is being held by his on again, off again ex-wife?! You've got to be kidding me.  You could do so much better, like Samchon.  That's a man devoted. 

Brave1.gif

2.  Where were the scenes with Tae Kwon and Sun Ok? I thought we were getting them this episode. Time is running out.  Okay, I'll wait until tomorrow.

tumblr_o73k2jNSJ51ukes1io1_500.gif

3. What the hell is going on between Ah Young and Jae Yi?  That dude needs to figure things out.  I was so embarassed for Ah Young (you guys know I live vicariously through her right?!).  The dude made everything worse by asking her out as though he pitied her.  This is the vibe I got from him, "I don't really want to date you...but your my best bud  and since it means so much to you...Then lets do it." <----What?! What?! If there was snow on the ground I would kick it at him. What the hell...the man is obvlious on epic levels in regards to the feelings of women. He needs to take a course on identifying snippets of women's feelings. He's either still hung up on his ex? sort of crush?  Whatever she is/was, he's stumped. He can't see things in front of him because he's living in the past. 

5.gif

Final point, I was hoping I would hear the "mother theresa line" it was removed, bummer. 

The first two minutes of this episode were beyond cute, then the jealousy kicked in, and I thought it took way too long to resolve. I thought that I was disappointed in this episode so, thank you @ck1Oz, for reminding me that this episode is still good, and that at least there's no breakup or amnesia or somebody going out of the country for two years for training (although I suppose that last one could still totally happen). A least this bump in the road is just a bout of jealousy that can be fixed with a hug and a kiss. "I am happy if I'm not cursing by these episodes." True dat. In fact, I've usually dropped the show by now. So the fact that I'm looking forward to episode 14 says a lot about my love for WFKBJ.

But I will say, I mean, I love our OTP just as much as the next fangirl, they are melt in your mouth adorable, and I can watch them flirt on repeat for hours, but... I do sometimes kind of wonder why JH likes BJ- so far she's been a really high maintenance friend. I mean, yes, we know she can be awesome, but it just seems to me that the majority of the time she's been moody, angry, pouty, depressed, and now jealous- almost all of his interactions with her consist of him trying to cheer her up and make her feel better. It's like JH keeps wrapping his arms around a hedgehog- she's been so prickly these past two months.

So why does he keep wanting to hug the hedgehog? Cuz she's the cutest, most adorable ball of prickles you ever did see!

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-29%20at%2012.02.

3 hours ago, filmstrip said:

Credit to dramamovie tumblr

Agreed. That scene was seriously so cute. During this part of the scene, his lips were so sweetly close to her ears that it made my own ears ticklish! HAHAHAHA

OMG SAME! hahahah i thought i was the only one lol this scene was sooo cute and romantic,, the way he swings her body so intimate :wub:

Archived