[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, 역도 요정 김복주

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I suppose it's supposed to indicate the unlikelihood that a male swimmer would be interested in a female weightlifter? Or maybe I'm reading too much into that. 

You got that right. That's basically what it's supposed to imply. Though, they didn't see all the stuff he did for her. They actually just saw the tail end of my favorite scene. Where they are just staring into each other's eyes basically. LOL!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, moreenke said:

Hello, Swag Fairies !

Thanks very much @Yongzura @zagigirl @staygold @Kasmic @naritul @stroppyse for all the recaps, translation and pics !

This week EP seems so lovely !!! Can't believe we'll only have one  :bawling: 
This preview !!! Even though the kiss will be interrupt, they were about to kiss on the bed ! They're just madly in love, no limits ! Lord, have to wait one more week, :(

...but just this one really worth it

They r young, in love and use ever chance to touch one another....its natural thing, they show it here and hope they will continue to be this way :wub:

R subs out?

@stroppyse, love the feeling of it.  It is good to see that they are able to express what they feel about the situation.  At least one main issue - SH is cleared.

If they are able to communicate like this most of the time, I guess their relationship will run smoothly although there are other challenges that they have to face in the future.

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

...but just this one really worth it

They r young, in love and use ever chance to touch one another....its natural thing, they show it here and hope they will continue to be this way :wub:

R subs out?

subs are out!

Best BJ's line was: don't wear anything that shows your chest rofl.gif thumbs.gif ...wonder what she'll do at his competition when girls starts to shout mig.gif

Watching the preview again and again...i kind of like that idea they will hide for a while...there will be many funny situations i'm sure..coz JH won't keep distance mrgreen1.gif

Well after watching the whole episode with subs I have to review the episode and omg fairies.......this episode was SO hard to watch as a guy. So many mistakes were made.

Let's begin with JH and BJ. The starting scene was so sweet, this innocence that they both share is gorgeous. After that I was in a good mood for the episode. That changed. But one thing after another. His jealousy was cute, although he was quite a bit overreacting. Yeah it was a clip she bought for JY, but so what....if I would sell or throw away everything that one of my ex-girlfriends bought me, then.......okay....maybe I'm not the perfect example for this. Anyway, the incident with SH was very important. JH felt bad and took care of her, they had a moment of peace and talked to each other. They set their differences aside and remain as friends. I think that is the perfect solution, although I would recommend him to minimize the contact to SH. Like BJ later says, it's never a good thing when gf and ex-gf are close to somebody. Especially in the case of BJ and SH, there will be always situations like this. Just don't give BJ reasons to be jealous. 

If we talk about jealousy, the whole thing was a little....I don't know...... it took way too long to solve that problem.  In JH's case, he really was a jerk, it was so obvious why she was jealous. And for gods sake, don't call your gf piggy when she's already mad at you. I mean, come on, I really wished she would have punched him at that moment. Every man with a little common sense should know that girls are a little sensitive when you talk to, about or interact with your ex. I mean, we men aren't different, we may be even worse. 

In BJ case, well, it's kind of the problem that even I experienced. You can be the sweetest boyfriend ever, but if you screw something up, you're done! I think she should know how addicted JH is into her. Did she forget what he was doing for her? The dates, the confession, the kiss, he reached for the stars for her (okay...maybe a little excessive....but I think you got the idea what I mean) and all he gets is a bad look from her. Even when it was quite obvious why she was jealous, she should have talked to him way earlier.

I really wouldn't have thought that the whole jealousy-saga would take an entire episode.

But lets close this chapter and go to the storyline that upsets me again.

JY. This man. HE'S DOING IT AGAIN! He lets her go....AGAIN. What's wrong with him? IS THAT ALL? Maybe somebody should give him a crash-course in winning a girls heart. You went to her place giving her a, I must admit, cute little speech and she rejected you, because, well it's not THAT easy to win her back....and you....you...you just...let her pass. DUDE, that was your whole plan? She waited for 10 long YEARS and you let yourself ditch so easily? A simple "It's cold. You should go." is enough to crush your whole plan of winning her. The moment when she said: "You don't love someone by efforts, you fool." was a code to say. "Try a little harder than that". If you want her, then show her. Fight for her. Show a little more than "let's try", show her that you want her, that you were a stupid, blind man who couldn't see the great woman that was always right in front of your own eyes. Geez. I was so angry in that moment. She even gave you a try to convince her when she stopped for a second to say the "It's cold"-part.

I'm really curious about what will happen with these two. 

Oh and by the way....I'm still searching for the piano music....so any hints or links are appreciated. ^_^

The Couch Choi story was......long and necessary.... but I'm glad we are through with this, so we can focus on more important things in future episodes. We only have three left. BJ's uncle disturbing the scene with Coach Yoon and Coach Choi was funny and totally out of place. I thought he realised the hints last episode. I think these two are the couple that don't end well.

Anyhow the best scene was JH who took care of BJ and showed her what a great boyfriend he is, although she's giving him a hard time. That was a very cute scene, but I wished they would have told the other about their relationship. It not that big of a deal I guess.

Well let's come to the final moments of the episode, the talk between JH and BJ was way too late,but despite of that, it was a cute scene. Our OTP is happy again, they were teasing each other a little, everything is alright. The scene with SH was okayish, but the sweetest thing was JH drawing a heart on BJ's back. It is clear that SH knows about their relationship, SH isn't stupid, but she can live with them as a couple. I think the incident was necessary, so SH can move on and maybe meet someone else. And with that in mind, just a quick intervention.

Hey Shi Ho :kiss_wink: I just want to say, I'm free this weekend. :innocent: Call me.

At last I have to say, I don't know if this cliffhanger was intended to be a weekly cliffhanger, but I think it is a very weak one. Okay, BJ's father sees them, now what? He will be surprised, maybe even a little mad (she is his little daughter after all) but in any case, he will accept it with a little tear drop. Aaaaand that's it. 

In the end I must critize a little, in the matter of story-progression, this episode was very weak, it felt like a filler-episode with little progression in some side-stories. With the knowledge that, including this episode, we only had four episodes left, it was a little underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I breath this drama right know, I absolutely love it. I'm dying for every new footage and the remaining episodes, but there are still so many things left that need time to solve. ( @triplem made a really nice list a few pages ago) 

Well, I think I have everything off my chest, thanks for reading.

Good morning y'all~ this year nearly comes to an end, i hope yours end well :) 

Okay, just finished watching latest episode view hours ago, and i still have wide smile plastered on my face. This episode was so sweet!

I can's stop laughing when JH said to JY about women habit while they're mad to their mate, the way he said it bluntly make me nod then cringe then laugh like crazy. Feeling embarrassed that this habit come out cutely in this drama. :joy: 

I know BJ said that she needs to find out whether her feeling over JH is just a friend or more than that, but seeing how jelly BJ was pretty tell us everything, no? xixixixi~ she's so cute!

BokJoo yaa~ JoonHyeong is really really love you, so keep him close before we snatch him from you :smirk: 

I'm happy that finally CC comes back to the team, yay! All those efforts came out so good in the end. But poor Samcheon, he knew about CC's feeling to the Professor..

And about SH, i never thought that she will give up that easy, i'm expecting some cat fight between her and BJ over JH. At least she needs to hold up little longer. But if she ends up with KS, then i'm happy too for her. 

Do u guys see the HORROR in BJ father's face?? Whoaaaa~ she's gonna be in a big trouble!

30 minutes ago, endeavor said:

They're so cute together. I can't take it anymore! :wub:

I've missed a few parts here and there, but have they resolved JJH's trauma and mother situation? I don't remember seeing that they have.

no they didn't yet!! hope they will really soon!! 

First time posting here coz I can't help it anymore.... my heart is fluttering non-stop from the sweetness of ep13 and I am squealing and I need to let it out of my chest ..... 

JEALOUSY + SWEETNESS + ADORABLENESS + DORKINESS (is this even a word?) + LOVE + **me being speechless**

tumblr_nwoj112WGn1unwksgo1_500.gif

I need to squish these two adorable people and put it on my pockets .... they're too cuteeee!!

tumblr_ma2abdFsPx1rfcxgro1_400.gif

BUT THEN AGAIN.... ONLY ONE EPISODE THIS WEEK??? How can I survive this.....

tumblr_nqpixxuK9E1tykevno1_500.gif

Ok... have to get back to work!! 

8 minutes ago, dhakra said:

If we talk about jealousy, the whole thing was a little....I don't know...... it took way too long to solve that problem.  In JH's case, he really was a jerk, it was so obvious why she was jealous. And for gods sake, don't call your gf piggy when she's already mad at you. I mean, come on, I really wished she would have punched him at that moment. Every man with a little common sense should know that girls are a little sensitive when you talk to, about or interact with your ex. I mean, we men aren't different, we may be even worse. 

In BJ case, well, it's kind of the problem that even I experienced. You can be the sweetest boyfriend ever, but if you screw something up, you're done! I think she should know how addicted JH is into her. Did she forget what he was doing for her? The dates, the confession, the kiss, he reached for the stars for her (okay...maybe a little excessive....but I think you got the idea what I mean) and all he gets is a bad look from her. Even when it was quite obvious why she was jealous, she should have talked to him earlier.

I really wouldn't have thought that the whole jealousy-saga would take an entire episode. Let's close this chapter and go to the storyline that upsets me again.

I am sorry to cut your post. I am trying to highlight certain parts...

Talk about JH did not realize that BJ is jealous part. From a woman point of view, some guys are actually not very good in reading between the lines. BJ said it clearly to JH that she thinks jealousy is childish before SH incident. At the very early stage of a relationship, JH probably take that literally and did not expect BJ to be jealous about SH. BJ reaction when she scratched JH finger was more disappointing to me. That was not something I expected from BJ at all. No matter how angry you are to your boyfriend, seeing him hurt will also hurt you. I just think LSK can act it a little bit better by showing some 'hurt' in her eyes even when she was scolding JH to be such a baby about it.

I love how they pictured this whole young love thingy. I was guilty of all those things happened in this episode : pretending not to be mad when I was actually seething with rage inside, expecting my boyfriend to read my mind and know the reason I was acting weird to him, trying to keep the relationship a secret from everybody (it can cause so much harm to a boy's confident level), all those giggling over texts... Not that mobile phone was popular those days. Gosh, it brought back a lot of good memories from years and years ago...

The scene that I love the most was the one with JH scolding BJ 'YA.......' when BJ ask JH to mind his own business by the strike tent. BJ definitely deserved that. What was that all about? Your boyfriend worried about you, and you kinda spit on his face. Forgive me BJ ya... that was uncalled for no matter how you are mad to your boyfriend. But again... I was guilty of that myself :sweatingbullets:

And the last but not the least, the snowy heat pack scene. Perfectly done without too many lines. Those words from JH stabbed you in the heart. It can not be any sweeter. I don't know why but I think BJ was super pretty in that shot... :wub:

@dhakra Thank you for putting your perspective in such an eloquent way. It's very refreshing to read. Keep it coming, please... I hope we meet again in other drama threads.

Archived