[Drama 2017] Tomorrow With You 내일 그대와

Go Seung Ji

Deabaaaak! Really enjoyed every second of episode1! This is absolutely the kind of drama that makes me hooked.

I can't get enough of the two leads. Lee Je-Hoon why so damn drop-dead-handsome? I didn't know, how much I missed him since Signal , until I saw him again on screen. Really I was very happy to see him act again in such high quality drama. The cinematography and the story's path and transition between the futur and the presend are very very very well made. Hands down ! the director is doing an amzing job.

Shin Minah why so gorgeous? I didn't like her last project. But I have always loved her acting and here she is just brilliantly pulling off her character in very smooth way. The hidden sadeness, the struggle, the crazy  fun-drunk behavior, the cuteness and madness of Song Ma-Rin are just too real. She succeeded to bring her character to life.

The stroy is very interesting and now I know I am going to camp in this thread. I will be looking forward to this drama until the very end.

Tomorrow with you, FIGHTING:blush:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

You can also watch TWY on  Viu. So happy they got this ^^

Hihi I might be biased because I also really like SMA. And so happy Viu got this, thanks for mentioning. Was waiting for DramaFever all night when it has been sitting in Viu already subbed. :sweatingbullets:

@ObsessiveCompulsive Yeah you are right, it's really him. Confirmed in episode 2.

I thought SJ would only wear white when meeting MR. I was looking closely at his shirts. And then he wore black. Namyeong station really looks like the portal to SJ time traveling. 

I have to agree that the overall feel of the shots has a sense of calmness but there's something imminently sad, too. Did they even advertise this as a romcom? I like their chemistry and feel as if they really belong together. Somebody mentioned that MR might be similar to ET in Goblin wherein she was already destined to die earlier. After 2 eps, I think that might be the case. 

my translation for preview ep 3 (not 100% accurate)

SJ: The accident at Namyeong Station 7 years ago. Am I right?
Ahjussi: I always have this thoughts that both of them have unusual fate, but...
MR: No matter what you do, it never fit with your looks/image
SJ: 10 years has passed from the day of the accident on the subway until the day she and I involve in car accident and died
A man: ??
SJ: You look ugly (?) but quite cute
MR: Why are you asking me about that? Do we have any relationship? 
SJ: I will save you

I'm so addicted to this drama. I watched ep 2 raw as soon as it was up. The drama is so good. I love how it already seems to answer questions but then leaves us with more. There is a lot of plot going on and the chemistry is fantabulous I LOVE IT how am I to wait for subs no, how will I wait a whole week for new ep? 

My theory is that the future guide dude is long future him (meaning yes, he does not die in the accident, future guide is lying to him). Future him (the guide dude) mission is to save his wife Ma Ri whom he dearly truly loves but has always been destined to die. In having always tried to save MR, SJ created like different loops of one life that all (no matter how long or short) have one destined outcome, ME dying. Because SJ (future future him) loves MR so much and doesn't want to live s life without her, he's been knowingly and unknowingly saving her life so she'll live and they can have that long future future happiness I believe he's seen but the young time travel him dies t know of. Future him lied to present/future him because knowing himself he knows right now he's kind of a self centered man who would be more motivated to save himself than a future great love of your life he doesn't really like right now. 

I'm prepared to be completely wrong on my theory but until I watched ep 2 subbed I'm sticking with the time travel buddy tour guide being adult SJ (how did he know SJ would be at the station and in need of those things unless he is SJ? We have yet to meet any other time travelers and until we do I'm going to hold off on thinking there is a 'a time traveler's guide to guide your time traveling self) on this mission to save his wife and one true love MR who dies in his/their shared future and leaves him alone and heartbroken which he doesn't want. 

*prays this makes sense and tries to patiently wait for subs* 

I guess most of our questions were already answered with episode 2 but i'm still curious about the other Time Traveller,if he is indeed Future SJ,like most of us predict and does it to save Ma Rin rather than him as priority why doesn't he fade when he meets Present SJ,and how he lives inthe same timeline as him...I must say i love Ma Rin,she is so hilarious and i like the couple even more,like SJ is gravitating towards her even without him knowing...It really is indeed fate between them as both of them saved the other one that sad day...He saved her because of the so called photos and she saved him because of the pretext to get down...I must say i can't wait for Seo In Guk OST to come out,it's plain beautiful and so sad...I guess SJ doesn't remember Ma Rin because even then he didn't really have an intrest in his surroundings nor people so along with time,grief and desinterest made him totally forget her...I guess SJ lesson will be to live in the present rather than the future and value those around him in his arc

After the Premiere Week i must say i like the drama,while it has the comic parts it has this really sad vibe as well...

About the preview translated adding a minnor correction

SJ: The accident at Namyeong Station 7 years ago. Am I right?
Ahjussi: I always have this thoughts that both of them have unusual fate, but...
MR: No matter what you do, it never fit with your looks/image

I'll never fall for it(she means his charms)

Well, I think this drama isn't one for me. I don't know why but it just didn't hook me at all. Seems like this drama has to live its life without me :D

I'm loving this~~~ it's a sci-fi drama but with a very wistful, thoughtful, and very delicate tone. The OST is to kill for. I love how from the get-go, even though SMR seemed like one of those brainless, comedic female leads you could tell in her reactions to the paparazzi and her relationship with her mom that there was something more to her character that was very true-to-life... the unnecessary pressure and attention on her when all she wants to do is life her own life. There are so few who interact with her sincerely despite her label as a previous child star (I almost feel bad for her blind date who seems to genuinely like her... I was like awwww he's such a nice/decent dude. If not for LJH/her mysterious ties with SJ, I'd totally be rooting for that reporter HAHAHA)

The balance of power seems to be very much swayed towards SJ at this point because he can travel through time, but more than just a plot driver, the writer uses it to shape SJ's personality too-- the arrogance, slightly bored attitude that he carries around. He's seen too much of the future... But at the same time, thanks to LJH's nuanced acting, you can feel his soft-underbelly seeping out once in a while in his interactions with SMR. The guy cares, he's just numbed himself to it because he's become jaded-- everything (feelings, relationships, promises, hopes for the future) in the now seems ephemeral and meaningless as he's become hyper-aware of how everything can change in the future; it feels like he has no anchor. Perhaps all he has to feel strongly about is death itself. 

I love the conversation that his bff had at the bar: you might already know the future, but for us, all we have is the now. You may living two lives, one in the future, and one in the now-- but we only have one reality. Until when will you live being chained to the future? So despite the power of knowing what the future will be and be able to make the big bucks by being privy to the best investment options, SJ is such a lonely character. Even though his bff knows his secret, he can never share his experience. The other time traveler may be his guru, but the guru seems to be withholding a lot from SJ so the balance scale slides toward the guru. -- happy to find a kdrama to look forward to every week-- it's been such a drought after Solomon's Perjury ended. =P

7 hours ago, alleram95 said:

my translation for preview ep 3 (not 100% accurate)

thanks so much!i could not watch today ep ...this drama is great...i really hope he will save her

9 hours ago, bebe1989 said:

#Tomorrowwithyou Ep 2

thanks so much@bebe1989

This drama looks pretty interesting, the first ep was a nice intro to the characters. I like that both of them are kind of dorky and as soon as she said she survived the accident and we didn't see the person who she was arguing with I knew it was YSJ, I like that their connection seems to be very deep since it makes more sense for a story like this. The second episode I watched raw and even then got a lot of the main points, which is I think either a credit to my drama watching because it's walking along familiar enough beats that I don't get lost or to the directing and acting because the show is showing me enough to keep up... Probably a bit of both xD.

I also think that the other time traveller is the older SJ, as to why he can meet up with "current" SJ, I'm not sure yet but if this is the case I hope the drama can explain it adequately. I kind of fell out of love with W because of convoluted and slightly nonsensical plot and I really don't want to see that again, haha. If he *isnt* an older SJ I wonder why he would be so invested and have all those dates in his apartment. 

I am enjoying the colour palette very much too, it's warm and slightly muted which gives it a slightly ethereal feeling and looks very cinematic but considering it's from the Oh My Ghostess team I shouldn't be surprised. I'm just apprehensive about the writing since the writer's previous work seems to be Dream High 2 which was not good, but I hope the writing continues to be as good as it has been so far. 

anneyong chagiya dheul..... onnie is joining you all to enjoy this awesome drama... OMG OMG OMG... this drama is totally an underdog to me.. I have never thought that it's gonna be this awesome!!!! I've just watch ep 2 RAW and OMG I die from the beautiful.. touching.. soft...un cheesy and no nonsense plot flow.. I"M IN LOVE!!!! 

our OTP is somewhat a PERFECT match... I have a feeling they'll made me ship them so bad.. Shin Min Ah is the chemistry fairy so I have no doubt she'll sweep my heart away.. BUT Lee Hee Joon is wow wow wow... hello there hotness... he was hot is the Secret Door (didn't watch until finish because I can't stand the sadness story and Prince Sado's wife acting) but here in this drama... Lee Hee Joon is just the one for it... all of him is all of Yoo So Joon.... can't get any better!!!!

will rewatch ep 2 with english sub now................ 

Hello everyone !

I'm new to this thread. I didn't watch the first 2 EP entirely yet, just quickly watched them raw so I missed many scenes and didn't understood much...

But loved the way he was scared of his future wife, it was like his expression was saying : "I'm shocked and scared at the same time. What the hell happened ? Anyone save me !And how he was so frighten when she was touching him, like : "Why is she doing this to me ?" Lol ! When in present time she's the one complaining about how he keeps touching her.

Though I didn't understand everything, I liked it. I'm not hooked yet (well, it's just 2 EP and I didn't even get it all so not very surprising XD) but I feel it coming already, lol. It's my first time seeing LJH in a drama and I quite like his character here, the way he is "I care but not really/ I don't care but slightly do", it's confusing and attaching.

I was also surprised to don't hear any music in the 1st EP, I quickly noticed, it's so unusual but not bothering at all. But what I heard at the end of EP 2, ooooh I'm loving it ! I think it's Seo In Guk singing, not sure but felt like it was his voice... Hope the 1st OST will come out next week.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the fact that I love that we got down the matter in the 1st EP ! I thought before the drama aired that it will be in EP 3/4 that YSJ will know SMR is an important key to his life, but they wasted no time on that and I really appreciate. I love (well when it's good) when my predictions in dramas go wrong, there's no fun in guessing everything.

Voilà, that was me just speaking my mind on what I saw, will probably come back to share my impression of the episodes once I'll have watched them !

Have a good week-end everyone ! ^_^ 

I, too, am loving the drama so far. Episode 2 kept me glued to the screen. In March 2009, they were the only survivors of the Namyeong Station train crash. SJ doesn't find out until the end of episode 2 that MR was the girl that he had an argument with causing them to get off at Namyeong Station. We still don't know what the connection is between these two and why was he chosen to be a time traveler. 

Many of you speculate that the older time traveler is SJ in the future when he is older and he's trying to save MR since she's the one that dies but he doesn't. But how can the same person be in the present time as two different people, that's the part I don't understand. I haven't watched many time traveling dramas or films so maybe I'm missing the concept of time traveling. Another thing that doesn't make sense, why save MA from dying in a car accident knowing that she will die again in three years. Maybe I need to watch episode 1 again to get a better understanding as to why MR must stay alive until 2019 and then only to  die together with SJ that same year.

Just watch ep 2 with sub and i really cant hide my feeling of sadness and disappointment during the part where SJ said to MR that they should never contact each other again and he said he never liked her and so on. Imagine what MR feel at that time, she's already lonely as she is and then he said something hurtful like that. Im so angry at that moment actually esp during the wedding. He just ignored her! Come on dude, you are the one who approached her first and saying she's so beautiful and stuff (eventhough its just to save her from that accident) so of course she will misunderstand it. What you expect SJ yah? And even in the future he's only agree to marry MR because he want to change his fate. MR must innocently believe that SJ really fall for her TT for now i really hate him but dont worry i still crazily love this drama. I hope my perception towards SJ will change later and i know some might disagree with me.

btw i dont get the part they supposed to die together in future. Is that mean they die at the same time but in different car (since that accident is involving quite a number of car) or they die at the same time in the same car? 

SJ trying way too hard to be a douche bag act really annoyed me. Hope he gets better now that he knows who she is. Why is he so against "love" and dating is it because of the tragedy with his parents?.

I really like the sci fi elements of this drama and I can't wait for the leads to fall in love they have awesome chemistry.Image result for draya gifs

Does SJ friend Se Yeong have romantic feelings for him??

6 hours ago, Mailelei said:

Another thing that doesn't make sense, why save MA from dying in a car accident knowing that she will die again in three years. Maybe I need to watch episode 1 again to get a better understanding as to why MR must stay alive until 2019 and then only to  die together with SJ that same year.

Yeah i feel the same too. Something is just quite off at that part. What i mean is SJ travel to future and then see he would die at the same time with MR so then he's decided to approach MR. Then let say he's travel to future again just to see how MR is doing and suddenly he saw that MR will got into accident with the truck. Wont then he feel weird since how come MR dying twice? Unless the accident with the truck only supposed to make MR got into serious injury and not die. So he just decided to save her since he know she is related to his death or something. Did you guys get what im trying to say? Its not relevant for a person to die twice right? 

7 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

SJ trying way too hard to be a douche bag act really annoyed me.

Thanks god there is someone who feel the same with me! I really hate him lol pity MR  and she's even still treat him nicely during the last part when SJ grab her hand to talk with her (if it is me, i would just slap him and not following him).

10 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

Does SJ friend Se Yeong have romantic feelings for him??

Hope not lol cause i dont think there is 2nd male lead right? So its not fair for MR lol

I thought that the Director and MR's friend already got married in episode 1.  What was the wedding in this 2nd episode?  Is it because SJ saved her the first time so it then created a new timeline of events now?  I love the chemistry between the leads and the wistful tone of the drama.  

But I think they should've done a better job at differentiating between the timeline every time SJ goes back and forth.  I find myself having to constantly figure out what the timing of the moment is.  I watched the entire episode 2 thinking that SJ already knew that MR was the girl on the train that coincidentally saved him at the beginning, only to get to the end seeing that he realized it for the first time through the article.  I'm so confused with the timing and probably will have to rewatch both episodes again just to get it straight.  

Archived