[Drama 2017] Tomorrow With You 내일 그대와

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The choices SJ makes now has a considerable effect on his future. What we want to know is how much he can change the future?? He said he doesn't want to meet her again and decided to deal with his death issue himself. But then he ended up meeting her and got to know that she is also the survivor of the train accident 7 years ago and they share a history. Why would the reporter guy interview her and reveal her past only now when it has been 7 years since the accident?? And conveniently gave SJ the information he ought to know for them to get involved with each other again. I say its the FATE. Lol. Yep i watch too many dramas to have come up with that. LOLOL.:D

So jokes aside, i believe they are fated to be together in both their life and death. That why they keep meeting each other again and again. I'm a sucker for these type of dramas.... the one and only love that transcends time and everything. Eeeeeeeeee. 

22 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

Next episode, on preview that traveller ahjussi said "have baby", (if I'm not mistaken reading the sub said ^_^). Aigoo, it seema like the bedscene from 6 minutes preview will come. 

Confirm there will be a baby...ahahaha...pervy me has been waiting for this  bedscene since I started camping here long before Goblin ended.. 

Btw hello @naritul...sorry for the late greeting...happy to see you and so many from the other threads here.  I was trying to stay away from this thread till I saw the subbed eps, though I was quite unsuccessful. Lol!

giphy.gif

Just completed both subbed episodes...aaargh...I need eps 3 now....

Some first impressions...

1. Marin / Bap Soon's aegyo  is killing me, I swear... and our Realtor's flabbergasted expressions provided me with some LOL moments in what I can see will be a drama that will have me bringing out the tissues. I already teared up when he rejected her in eps 2 (talk about overreacting on his part, he's going to have to eat his words later). I felt so much for her.  In spite of her drunken & clumsy ways , there's something endearing about her. I can totally empathize with how she is trying her best to make something of herself as a photographer & break away from that child actress that she once was. SMA nails this role.

giphy.gif

2. Our realtor / time traveller...I also felt sad for him. LJH does a good job of having this melancholic expression in most of the two episodes.  Having his parents killed and him being the only survivor; and then knowing you will die in 3 years .. I cannot imagine the pain. And this gift of time travel  is such a burden to him. Was it in eps 1 or 2 , where he was really upset when 1 of his friends broke up ? And he was upset bcoz he knows that at the end of the day his friend will cheat on his wife/gf.  Time travel shows always make me realise that I don't really want to know what my future is like.

3. W-Two World vibes - am i the only one who felt this? But when ahjussi told him that she holds the key to his life..I'm like , where did I hear this before? Don't get me wrong, I loved W2W but I hope this drama does not struggle at the end. But I do like that we know the set up / rules of the dimensions very quickly. 

4. Se Young - is this potential 3rd wheel?

5. Ahjussi...really curious about his role here. Who is he really?

7 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

@triplem Yesss... WTwoWorld dejavu for me. Actually I've posted my feeling about that too. I even re open my w2w files to screencap the moment Chul said the exact same thing. The key of his life.

Daebak! That's the exact same thing. Thanks for that.  I had some issues towards the end for W2W though it is still one of the shows that I really got hooked on. My hope is that TWY does not become overly complicated & shoots itself in the foot.

3 minutes ago, kokodus said:

And @triplem when his hands started disappearing while he met his future self.... i thought ok, the same thing happened to kang chul. And he survived at the end and had his own happy ending. So yeah there are some hopes for you SJ. ^_^

yes!  omo! so true... hoping for a satisfying happy ending!

@AlexMao I think I've solved how he gets a specified c time in the future. In episode to when his SJ goes to the future after the wedding and ends up in a future without wedding photos in his apartment, its's because of the train boarded.

After the wedding SJ didn't take the first train that came. We saw that train come and go and he was still standing. So I guess the specific train he boards (first second third or fifth) takes him further or closer to the not so distant future. I wonder if there will ever come a time where SJ is stuck in the future (some kind of train malfunction)? He'll need to go back and simply can't. 

Am I the only one who feels MR leaves SJ in the future. I don't know if she dies or just divorces him, but girl is not there. There is something very sad about her. She longs to not be lonely. She doesn't want to feel alone like she does now and sadly I think time traveling SJ will make her feel lonely. Whither it be from his time traveling secret (closed off where she wishes he were open) or just his not be there, she's going to feel alone and perhaps leave him. 

There is just something about MR's talk of wanting to move somewhere no one knows her and also the water view scene where she jokes she'll jump and talks about wanting not be a alone but is alone and wants solitude. It all feels like foreshadowing imho. SJ won't realize what he had with her until she's gone. 

As for ahjussi, he I'm so convinced he's SJ (though that seems too easy) and I'm also convinced he can't be trusted. He's lying. I don't trust anything he has to say about SJ dying in 3 years or even the outcome of the accident. He's playing games and keeping secrets for a reason. Again does he travel to his life when SJ isn't around and leaves recent deed messages to remind himself of when he must return. Or perhaps he's seen the full span of his life and is trying to alter something so must keep track for the big picture. Is he death? 

@stargazer187 Yes SMA is sooo awesome here. That scene where he tells her to end things right then and there. Gahhhh it broke my heart yarrr. It doesn't help when SMA looked at him, disappointed, with that big pretty expressive eyes of her. I was swearing SJ off at that scene. Lol. As much i understand why he did that, i cant help but feel for Marin more. But you know what, after that breakup, it was SJ who was brooding the most. LOL. So much for wanting to end things with her. 

And yeah these days i find myself frequenting this thread more than our slack group. I guess I'm back to the good ole Dots days. LOL. And i like this thread so much because, be it day or night, it only moves one page.LOLOL. It is easier to keep track unlike certain other threads where i wake upto almost 10 pages everyday coughgoblincough..

Guest AlexMao

@MrsSoJiSub I had a similar idea about the trains as well, though mine was simply based on the time the train left and possibly the day in which it left.

As for So Joon going back and there not being wedding photos I kind of associated that with he said to her about not wanting to meet, talk, etc. basically cutting off that possible timeline. Looking at their interaction in episodes 1 and 2 it seemed entirely possible that Ma Rin was going to invade his life either physically or mentally to the point where we got the wedding/married timeline. The biggest problem with time travel shows like this is keeping  all of the time lines straight. Just look at Homer (YouTube video) and see how confusing all this time travel nonsense can get.

Hello @stargazer187. Happy as always to share the same thread. Looking forward to your updates.

This is definitely going to be one melo drama..the BGM already gives us the feels & both their sad stories already make my heart ache. But like you said as Long as there's a happy ending ,we will endure ..

9 hours ago, supergal99 said:

:)new clip released on 5 feb:D

Soooo cool..his mobile phone:glasses:

I feel sorry for my future self if phones like that happen to exist in 2018 which means I have a year or less to save money and finally buy my first high end brand phone. If I could only time travel and become an instant millionaire like SJ.

10 hours ago, kokodus said:

The choices SJ makes now has a considerable effect on his future. What we want to know is how much he can change the future?? He said he doesn't want to meet her again and decided to deal with his death issue himself. But then he ended up meeting her and got to know that she is also the survivor of the train accident 7 years ago and they share a history. Why would the reporter guy interview her and reveal her past only now when it has been 7 years since the accident?? And conveniently gave SJ the information he ought to know for them to get involved with each other again. I say its the FATE. Lol. Yep i watch too many dramas to have come up with that. LOLOL.:D

So jokes aside, i believe they are fated to be together in both their life and death. That why they keep meeting each other again and again. I'm a sucker for these type of dramas.... the one and only love that transcends time and everything. Eeeeeeeeee. 

Let me join you chingu! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

@kokodus well, it just 2 episode now. Not yet many chingu come here. And for @stargazer187, I believe you can endure the most tragic melodrama journey, from your ID name I guess you've already passed a melodrama journey with a confusing ending (MLSHR),... I did went through hard time after that drama ended. 

@triplem I thought I will have a light cute sweet romcom  from the teasers. But right after I entered the 1st ep, the gloomy heavy sad feelings just went strikingly to my heart. I was planning to have a pleasant journey, but I guess I won't. Still wanna continue this one, something hooked me already.

@MrsSoJiSub I will noted your theory and paid more attention on the subway scenes. Thanks ^_^ 

I finished watching episode 02 and I'm a little confused about something. It was seen that they got married 3 months (correct me if I am wrong) after, but SJ managed to change it somehow? so a bit of the future is changed yet he is still wondering why MR is important to him. So he decides to confront her again? (ah so much intrigue, i'm back into feeling such after W-drama which was my fave last year) 

btw are there any BTS from the drama? I would love to watch them. I love the leads chemistry, one of a kind! 

28 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

em I thought I will have a light cute sweet romcom  from the teasers. But right after I entered the 1st ep, the gloomy heavy sad feelings just went strikingly to my heart. I was planning to have a pleasant journey, but I guess I won't. Still wanna continue this one, something hooked me already.

Same. I thought this was going to be lighthearted but I like it so I will ride the train!

18 minutes ago, lee-chan said:

I finished watching episode 02 and I'm a little confused about something. It was seen that they got married 3 months (correct me if I am wrong) after, but SJ managed to change it somehow? so a bit of the future is changed yet he is still wondering why MR is important to him. So he decides to confront her again? (ah so much intrigue, i'm back into feeling such after W-drama which was my fave last year) 

btw are there any BTS from the drama? I would love to watch them. I love the leads chemistry, one of a kind! 

I think the marriage part was what he saw in the future. He seems to be trying hard to change it but I don't think he can. We will still see the wedding scene as in the promo teaser. haha, so many W2W vibes, but at least they are both humans, lol!

18 minutes ago, jeijei said:

Fringes really are a necessity to bag a handsome Korean. Is she a doctor too? No, though she could qualify for a PhD in drinking.

Lol... PhD in drinking :D

She's definitely not a doctor here, thank God ^_^ after lady doctors parade last year, not again please. This time we had a photographer. When did we have a photographer female lead before? Do we have other drama of a photographer? I think this is my first time.

@stargazer187 then we're qualified on watching a tragic drama, LoL. I hope this time we will get a happy ending. Like you said, if 2 different world can have a happy ending, why won't this one? (But deep inside I'm srill nervous).:ph34r:

I don't think that the future that So Joon goes to is "fixed."  Whatever he sees in the future is a reflection of the events that have most recently happened in the present. So when Ma Rin is misunderstanding his intentions and he keeps interfering with her life, the future result that he sees is them getting married. But when they "break up" and he cuts off contact with her, the future result is that Ma Rin is not in his life. However, something like his last minute decision to go to the director's wedding, and consequently them running into each other and re-establishing their connection, can change the future once again. If he had not run into her then he would not have been curious about her in the future and wouldn't have searched her online to find that article. Finding out that they both survived the subway accident and inadvertently saved each other is what made him seek her out again and probably re-solidified their marriage. 

Archived