[Drama 2017] Tomorrow With You 내일 그대와

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Original link: http://tv.naver.com/v/1396144

Thanks for this. Seriously this looks good. Prepare your hearts my dear friends. Our protagonist , the time traveller vs destiny /fate. Let's see who wins this time. If the teaser is to be believed , we may really get a bed scene too (see from 3:52) , wink!

After finished watching long preview from @Chellsee (hi chingu ^_^), just inspired to make a lockscreen.

tumblr_ok8n4iz5HK1vg9lr0o1_1280.jpg

Still have Goblin's vibe, because he's keep trying to save her from death (grim reaper?) I feel romcom cuteness but also suspense.  I hope this time, he can saved her.

Why do I keep watching fantasy drama? *questionmyself

Romantic comedy 'Tomorrow With You' deals with hidden marital suspicions

By Chang Dong-woo

Shin Min-a (L) and Lee Je-hoon pose for the camera at a media event for their upcoming tvN drama "Tomorrow With You" on Jan. 23, 2017. (Yonhap) Shin Min-a (L) and Lee Je-hoon pose for the camera at a media event for their upcoming tvN drama "Tomorrow With You" on Jan. 23, 2017. (Yonhap)

SEOUL, Jan. 23 (Yonhap) -- All marriages, despite the health and intimacy of the relationship, have their share of secrets. But what if the basic foundation -- love and trust -- is the issue at stake?

tvN's upcoming time travel romantic comedy "Tomorrow With You" revolves around a newlywed couple with a big secret. The husband is a time traveler and he approached his wife for reasons other than romance. The wife is unaware of all this.

"(The show) has unusual characters. I thought if we treated the story lightly people would not be able to relate to it so we focused on how to add a sense of realistic weight (marital suspicion) to it," Yoo Je-won, the show's director, told reporters at a media event on Monday in southern Seoul.

A followup to tvN's hit drama "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God," the show features Lee Je-hoon and Shin Min-a as a newlywed couple.

Lee is cast as Yoo So-joon, a successful 30-year-old CEO of a a real estate investment company that hits it big with his ability to foresee the future through time travel. He travels through time on the subway via a mysterious portal located between the Seoul and Namyeong subway stations.

Shin plays Song Ma-rin, a single 31-year-old languishing photographer for an obscure online clothing store. Once a star child actress at five, she became the family's breadwinner at an early age but failed to bloom into an adult actress due to her weak acting.

The show starts with So-joon, the perfect bachelor, out of the sudden romantically approaching Ma-rin. The two have no previous acquaintance.

In a highlight sizzle reel, So-joon witnesses an accident in which Ma-rin seems to have died. Their fates appear to be somehow connected and perhaps So-joon finds this out as he becomes desperate in pursuing Ma-rin, not out of romance but most likely to save himself.

Ma-rin, unaware of So-joon's ability, is dumbfounded by his persistence. But with a career going nowhere and no other man in her sight, So-joon is too big a catch to just throw away.

The two end up getting married but Ma-rin's suspicions surrounding So-joon and his mysterious disappearances keep getting bigger. At the same time So-joon's feelings towards Ma-rin grow more and more genuine.

The show also features Kang Ki-doong as So-joon's best friend and a manager at his company, Cho Han-cheol as Doo-shik, a fellow time traveler, and Kim Ye-won as Lee Keun-sook, Mar-rin's "frenemy" since high school.

Spoiler

Director Yoo Je-won speaks to reporters at a media event for the upcoming tvN drama "Tomorrow With You" in Seoul on Jan. 23, 2017. (Yonhap)

Director Yoo Je-won speaks to reporters at a media event for the upcoming tvN drama "Tomorrow With You" in Seoul on Jan. 23, 2017. (Yonhap)

"Tomorrow With You" marks Shin's return to the romantic comedy genre since "Oh My Venus" on KBS 2TV last year. But she said its her first time playing a "normal" or relatable character.

"In previous roles I was either obese, a ghost or a Kumiho (a legendary fox with nine tails) with various setups, but Ma-rin is a woman that could exist in real life," Shin said.

Lee Je-hoon has dealt with time travel material before, through tvN's critically acclaimed show "Signal," but this show is his first acting attempt at the romantic comedy genre.

"I had a sharp public image through heavy, strong and hard stories, but I also want to approach viewers comfortably and closely through a love story," Lee said, adding he was drawn by the show's plot and Shin being cast as his opposite.

For the showrunners, however, the elephant in the room is "Guardian," obviously a tough act to follow.

"I'm breaking out in a cold sweat" joked Director Yoo after being asked about the pressure from immediately following "Guardian," but explained he remains rather calm.

"Someone has to do a drama after 'Guardian." There is pressure but I'm taking it in calmly," said Yoo, who's previous works include "Oh My Ghostess" and "King of High School Life Conduct."

"It's a relaxing and warm romance story but there are also elements of thriller and other genres while exploring the relationship of the two main characters," explained Yoo.

"Tomorrow With You" is set to premiere on Feb. 3.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2017/01/23/0701000000AEN20170123010200315.html

I WISH THEM GOOD LUCK!!!I'LL TRY WATCH IT!

‘Tomorrow With You,’ time-traveling romance on subway train

Angela Jung, Jan. 23, 2017, 9:36 a.m.

Yet another fantasy romance series -- “Tomorrow With You”-- is set to follow the recently concluded hit tvN series “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God,” which featured a hybrid of modern times and traditional Korean fairy-tale elements.

tomorrowwithyou_012317_01.jpeg

A love story featuring time travel, mystery and intrigue, “Tomorrow With You” is a “a mix of genres,” according to its producer Yoo Je-won, who spoke at a press conference in Seoul on Monday. 

“But it’s very heartwarming and comforting,” he said. “I hope viewers focus on the romance rather than the genre.”

“I tried to imagine a woman who exists in real life,” said actress Shin Min-ah. Shin portrays female protagonist Song Ma-rin, 31. 
Song is a former child actress-turned-struggling photographer who failed to continue her acting career into adulthood.

Song is easily annoyed and prone to excessive drinking, believing her best days are behind her. One day, miraculously and as if by fate, she receives a marriage proposal from Yoo So-joon, played by Lee Je-hoon, who appears to be the man of her dreams -- wealthy, intelligent and handsome.

Yoo, it turns out, is able to travel through time via a subway train. He journeys to the future to see what unfolds and returns to the present to prevent tragedy. He proposes to Song after discovering their destinies are inextricably linked, but ultimately discovers his abilities are limited when it comes to life and death.

“The subway becomes an important motif,” said producer Yoo. An intriguing point of the show is that “fantastical events happen in this mundane setting by which people travel every day,” he added.

Lee was excited to star in his first romantic comedy, a change of pace from “heavy, dark stories,” he said. The actor previously starred in last year’s critically lauded “Signal,” also a time-slip thriller series where investigators from the past and future communicated via walkie-talkie to solve crimes.

“Tomorrow,” a 16-episode series that has already been filmed, will begin airing on Feb. 3 at 8 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays on cable network tvN. The show is available outside Korea via streaming sites DramaFever and Viki.

source: koogle.tv

The Highlight Video looks amazing,i really like Shin Mina and Lee Je Hoon chemistry,they look great and the plot looks a good mix of romance,cuteness and suspense..Love already the OST used and the camera work...On a funny note,while seeing the heroine age,seeing she is the Noona i was really thinking if the hero will call her as that and when he actually called her "Noona" i giggled so hard...While the writer is still new and her first drama is so-so i hope she will make us her fans with this new drama because with that highlight for the start i'm sold to watch it beyond the amazing cast...Lee Je Hoon will soon become the Winter Prince,first with Signal now with this one...:wub:

Also look who we have here,the real star of dramaland,The Truck of Doom making her cameo yet again,when will Subway!!!:glasses:

Was the show fully pre-filmed or they still have,do u guys know?I saw it began filming in September so time to finish it was already on a tehnical level

35 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

The Highlight Video looks amazing,i really like Shin Mina and Lee Je Hoon chemistry,they look great and the plot looks a good mix of romance,cuteness and suspense..Love already the OST used and the camera work...On a funny note,while seeing the heroine age,seeing she is the Noona i was really thinking if the hero will call her as that and when he actually called her "Noona" i giggled so hard...While the writer is still new and her first drama is so-so i hope she will make us her fans with this new drama because with that highlight for the start i'm sold to watch it beyond the amazing cast...Lee Je Hoon will soon become the Winter Prince,first with Signal now with this one...:wub:

Also look who we have here,the real star of dramaland,The Truck of Doom making her cameo yet again,when will Subway!!!:glasses:

Was the show fully pre-filmed or they still have,do u guys know?I saw it began filming in September so time to finish it was already on a tehnical level

You are right their chemistry is looking good. It's 100% pre-produced. 

@Visually-wandering Nice screen lock. Can you use your magic & make one of the bed scene ? Wink ! 

Woooohh! Saw all the teasers in my recommendation in youtube and its a good thing since I've been suffering a WFKBJ's withdrawal syndrome and wow, the teasers and stills brought me here to this forum! I'm instantly sold. The chemistry is there and gosh how I love Lee Je hoon in signal and wishing him to see in a romance drama is a thousand wishes granted by dramagod. The time travelling plot is also interesting because I can see him having the Park Haeyoung vibe. 

I'm excited and I couldn't wait. And its in TVN.

10 hours ago, triplem said:

Thanks for this. Seriously this looks good. Prepare your hearts my dear friends. Our protagonist , the time traveller vs destiny /fate. Let's see who wins this time. If the teaser is to be believed , we may really get a bed scene too (see from 3:52) , wink!

I hope you are right. After reading the previous posts and the main storyline, I'm very doubtful that this is my kind of drama. I think the first episode has to convince me.

@bonuibonuiThe time traveling is one of the parts that I'm concerned about. I don't like different time-lines.

@bonuibonui Though nothing can really help us fully overcome our  WFKBJ's withdrawal syndrome ...maybe this can comfort us abit.  (Thanks for the YT link @trisail, which allowed me to do this)

giphy.gif

@dhakra... fantasy/ time-travel genres can sometimes be a little worrying as we are always concerned about execution but I'm naturally drawn to such shows...so I will prepare some tissues....

1 hour ago, dhakra said:

I hope you are right. After reading the previous posts and the main storyline, I'm very doubtful that this is my kind of drama. I think the first episode has to convince me.

@bonuibonuiThe time traveling is one of the parts that I'm concerned about. I don't like different time-lines.

True. Different time-lines does concerns me too but as much as it concerns me I'm in it for the angst and funny cross roads situations. (And its romantic comedy for Lee Je hoon were he could smile all the way showcasing his hidden dimples)

Despite of your doubts on this drama's plot and main storyline, I hope that the first episode will convince you, me and all of us here in the thread. I really hope the drama wont let us down. I like the PD who worked in this drama and the leads too. I dont know much about the writer and time-travelling is not mu cuo of tea (except Signal, they really made me so amazed with all those confusing and twisted time/unusual transmissions from the past and current time). 

my two cents is ... that ljh living different era with sma ... and somehow he fall in love with sma then marry her

but again sma time period not ljh's time period of living so, time to time he need to get back

off course when he does that, things will change ... and kind of effect with both and people in their life

well ... i am not good at guessing ... i guess i will just try to enjoy because its ljh ^^

Oh boy. I hope this has a happy ending. Not even like You Who Came From The Stars where Min-Joon still has limitations and has to disappear at times. I can tell I am going to be so invested in this drama because of the visuals, the electric chemistry and the plotline. If it isn't, it is going to break me and force into an early KDrama retirement T-T. Otherwise, I am super excited for this drama! WHOOO!

Thank you to all of you for the FANTASTIC teasers, stills, and updates! Appreciate all of your efforts to keep us informed until D-DAY!!!

I enjoyed the clip of the press conference and also happy for the translation in English.  Was surprised that Shin Min Ah cuts her hair short in this drama. She looks really cute in that hair style. TEN more days to go!!!

Archived