[Drama 2017] Tomorrow With You 내일 그대와

Go Seung Ji

Ok lets see if got this different timelines thing right. So lets say our timetravelling SJ from 2016 is in timeline A. He apparently goes to the future frequently and makes use of the information from the future to his advantage in the present. But as he repeatedly said in the 1st ep, he doesn't get involved in other people's life with that knowledge. And he also might not have thought to change his future until when he saw himself dying.

But he did get involved with Marin by saving her from the truck of doom and considerably changed both their futures. So now, lets say, he is in timeline B where he gets involved with her and married her eventually.

If you remember, at the start of the series, he is in the end of  2018 watching some game or something in the TV. I'm not very sure, but that must be his house and there are no evidence of him being married there unlike in the end of the same ep. No wedding photos, no freshly showered still in honeymoon daze wife. Nothing. And that is because he is still in timeline A where he hadn't met Marin.

But we dont know for sure whether being in timeline B means the accident in 2019 won't take place. By all means it WILL take place but only this time they know each other. LOL. I believe that is what the writer's ultimate message is - no matter how much you try to change your future, things fated to happen will happen. But i do hope SJ finds some loophole and saves both himself and the love of his life, Marin.

That said, i have a feeling that SJ didnt die in that accident. Well maybe in atleast one of the timelines. And that would explain @MrsSoJiSub's theory. That the detective ajhusshi from healer is SJ from some other timeline, where only Marin died and he survived. And he wanted present SJ to save Marin and dare i say, at the expense of his life. Coz yeah i believe, at some point in the drama, he would attempt to sacrifice his life for Marin. Noble idiocy and all. I exactly know how kdrama heroes work. LOLOL.

@necychessie well maybe as others pointed out, Marin is not supposed to die by the truck of doom. Only severely injured. And as he thinks she holds the key to his life, and as he wanted to know why they both died together in 2019, he deliberately saved her and got acquainted with her. Well part of the reason may also be because he is just a good natured guy like that. :rolleyes:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bonuibonui said:

The 2019 car accident also involved two cars (guess only) and SJ was in his car alone while MR was on the other car. MR was in all madness after the accident and she tried to drive a car despite her unability since she was paralysed once causing the accident hitting the car were SJ is and they both died.

But now that SJ altered the present and saved her, they will fall in love but that doesn't mean the accident will not happen. It is bound to happen no matter what he tried to do to change their fate. The only difference is that they are in the same car as husband and wife. There was a scene also were MR mumbled while hurt "Don't go" and that would mean the story was altered and one of them will only die and that is SJ trying to saved MR instead of dying together. 

Heeeeeee.....this drama makes my head hurts (in a good way) with all this guessing.

I think this is the most correct guessing lol i finally understand. So thats why during preview ep 3, when SJ travel to future to see that accident again, i think he's only see MR dying in that accident, thats why he can just stand there and watching MR on the stretcher and not worried if the future him died during the time he's there (since if the future him die, he will disappear together). And thats why he said i will save you instead of saying i will save both of us. 

P/s: if this going to be a sad ending, i might be extremely angry seriously!!! Please dont make any of them die pleaseee.

RATING EPISODE 2 - AGB NATIONWIDE

#TOMORROWWITHYOU 3.1%

Nielsen

❤OTP SCREENCAP❤
IMG_0043.png

IMG_0044.png

Photos credit to allonsy-allie, More under spoiler:

Spoiler

IMG_0041.png

IMG_0042.png

I think watching with Raw episode or with sub, this drama extremely good ! i love chemistry between OTP, sometimes it feel sad and gloomy, another time they looks so cute and lovely..

I got little bit confuse with marin friend who have marriage two times with the same person. There is no exact date why we see two marriage in different time.. but otp still know each other. or the first one was when they took prewedding photoshoot and second one was wedding day. 

@hoangvu yes, their chemistry was so good, its hard not to ship them..❤

*prepare candle and lighter, and *1,2,3 blow my candle to summon my ahjuma @packmule3 here.. in case she might interest with time traveler and confusing back to back different time and scene of #tomorrowwithyou. 

23 minutes ago, solovemina said:

@hoangvu this is actualy in the scene or just the "naughty" Lee Jee Hoon? :lol: 

yes ! this is in scene 

1 hour ago, bebe1989 said:

RATING EPISODE 2 - AGB NATIONWIDE

#TOMORROWWITHYOU 3.1%

Nielsen

❤OTP SCREENCAP❤
Photos credit to allonsy-allie, More under spoiler:

Hide contents

I think watching with Raw episode or with sub, this drama extremely good ! i love chemistry between OTP, sometimes it feel sad and gloomy, another time they looks so cute and lovely..

I got little bit confuse with marin friend who have marriage two times with the same person. There is no exact date why we see two marriage in different time.. but otp still know each other. or the first one was when they took prewedding photoshoot and second one was wedding day. 

@hoangvu yes, their chemistry was so good, its hard not to ship them..❤

*prepare candle and lighter, and *1,2,3 blow my candle to summon my ahjuma @packmule3 here.. in case she might interest with time traveler and confusing back to back different time and scene of #tomorrowwithyou. 

ok ..we waiting ep 3.4.5....end hihihi 

OMG after watching episode 2 with sub..... I literally cried when SMR met YSJ again in her friend's wedding reception.. the look in her eyes.. so sad! she remembers all the harsh thing he said to her.. yep.. he was so rude tbh.. as a woman.. I'll probably will never want to even meet that kind of man.. the man who accused SMR pretended to be pity.. pretend??? she is in a need of a job and money to live.. it's easy for YSJ to said that while driving a 200.000 USD jaguar sport and a 150.000 USD Range Rover. But SMR? OK I understand that YSJ isn't a knight in a shining armor and prince charming with golden heart.. but saying those hurtful words to SMR? ALL will get back to him later when he falls for her so madly .. deeply.. unselfishly.. soon ok.. soon....

I hate the fact that I am so into this drama and despite that I'm thankful that this drama helps me to move on from Goblin.. still it's a torchering time to wait for the next episode..... ughhhhhhh.........my friends warned me but I didn't listen to them!!!

3 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

I hate the fact that I am so into this drama and despite that I'm thankful that this drama helps me to move on from Goblin.. still it's a torchering time to wait for the next episode..... ughhhhhhh.........my friends warned me but I didn't listen to them!!!

Me too, I'm also feel the same. Already smell the gloomy and tragic that might still happen in the end, I dunno why but I keep watching this drama and wait for the next episode.

8 hours ago, Miaruma said:

While I do think that the sabu is either an older version of SJ or otherwise involved (son of the two?). So far we don't know the rules quite yet, we know depending on his choices the future changes, we know meeting urself is a bad idea and medding in someone else's life isn't good either. My question would be if those futures that don't happen to him, can they happen to another him that made a different choice in the past? Does this mean we have alternate universes then? How much control does he have about his jumps into the future? I hope these questions will be answered at least in part in future eps. 

He can't be older SJ, because they've already set up the ole can't meet yourself or disappear act. I agree Ajhusshi might be there son. Why else be so involved? With command center board and all looking like a serial killer.

4 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

Me too, I'm also feel the same. Already smell the gloomy and tragic that might still happen in the end, I dunno why but I keep watching this drama and wait for the next episode.

yes ..we waiting 

Ep 2 not a cup of my tea. I don't like characters keeps hurts someone and theirself. Thank godness it end soon but the question 'Who are you?' make I disappointed again. I really hate kind of question like that in fantasy dramas, why they just ask like that although they know that the others can't answer kind of question like that?.

23 minutes ago, quockhanh45 said:

Ep 2 not a cup of my tea. I don't like characters keeps hurts someone and theirself. Thank godness it end soon but the question 'Who are you?' make I disappointed again. I really hate kind of question like that in fantasy drama, why they just ask like that although they know that the others can't ask kind of question like that?.

please  waiting i hope end will happy 

I love how it's only 2 episodes in, but this drama already has us asking so many questions and theorizing. Imho that's the mark of an engaging story, so far I enjoy our main characters and I'm curios about our side ones. MR is tough and strong. She knows how to stand up for herself and not let others keep her down (her friend, the reporter, the cafe gossipers). At the same time she's very vulnerable and fragile (thevwords words and looks, the articles and gossip bring her down and has her turn to the bottle) and I also find her conceited and full of herself (her assumptions that SJ is hitting on her, SJ likes her, hoping in his car demanding rides like it should happen or something) but I find some of that conceit a false armor to protect herself from the harsh criticism of being Bap Soonie. I also really like SJ. His abilities has truly shaped his personality and how he views and interacts with the world. 

SJ seems aloof and conceited/too confident and self assured and uncaring. But that's simply because he's seen and knows things so he doesn't have the time nor patience to sit through present lies, deceit, and bullshit. SJ had no desire or patience to sit through his friends drinking and crying because he knows in the future this guy gets back with and cheats on (cheated on?) this supposed great love his crying over now. To him it's like "yeah those are crocodile tears, you love her so much that you have or will cheat on her, dry your eyes" or he knows she's not the one he marries so is like, "stop crying, she's not even the one." How can one live and genuinely engage in the present when you already know what's to come? Like, how do I smile and be friends with you when I know you're going to betray me a year from now or how do you date someone, when you've already seen your future wife and it's not them? SJ underneath everything is a caring guy (he is moved by MR enough to help), who doesn't like egolistic people (look how he handles the director who was trying on a power trip I'm better than you in trying to kick DS off the elevator) and can live in the present, to an extent (he remembers the birthday but wrong shoe size, being lead by MR -the drinking, the helping her out, driving her to and from-) MR is starting to make him more genuine and present. 

I like seeing SJ (hopefully) come to realize that the future is all fine and dandy, but you have to also pay attention and give care to what you do (your decisions, actions, words) in the present that drives you to the future. So I like that he knows what will eventually happen, but he doesn't know all the details and inbetween happenings that get you there. Like yeah you may marry this girl, but how did you court her? How did you date? How did you fall in love to the point of, "will you marry me?" I like that the future is known but not the present. And that just as it is true to life, living ones life in the present changes and makes your future. 

After seeing ep 2, I'm really curious about traveling ahjussi. He says that he has "a life of my own". So when ahjussi is not with SJ listening, advising, leading, and cooling him off (the you forgot your bag bit cracked me up for some reason, lol) is he time traveling in his own life, visiting and living his life? With the apartment and what looks like his investigations into the accident (all those calendars and pictures and thread line links) it seems like he's only visiting the time not living in it. If he's not SJ he's obviously someone who has a stake in SJ's life and perhaps in MR's as well. I wonder if he died or lost someone in the accident and is trying to investigate and prevent that from happening? Or maybe he's the life destiny time traveling god who determines everything. He's like the puppet master and SJ and MR are his puppet dolls he's playing with? 

Guest AlexMao

Couple of questions after watching episode 1-2

1. Why is So Joon (Lee Je Hoon) able to time travel? Given that both were saved from the train accident, would it be possible that Ma Rin (Shin Min Ah) has a similar ability?

2. Is his ability to travel specifically tied to him visiting the site of the accident on the 49th day? Is there some underlying meaning behind this outside of the notion of reincarnation/rebirth (Buddhist view on death and rebirth)

3. We know from episode 2 that So Joon cannot travel beyond his death, some time in 2019, do we know how far back he can go? From his voice over it appears he's not able to make big changes to the time line so this means he cannot go back and save his mother and father nor as it seems from his co-worker change someone's fate i.e., give him the winning numbers to that week's lottery. 

4. So Joon's time traveling companion, what exactly is his role? Is he like like Al from the television series Quantum Leap, trying to set some overarching mistake right? I ask this because we saw his apartment and it was covered in notes (calendars, notes, etc) He also recorded when So Joon visited his apartment. 

5. I will note that I liked the whole Pauli exclusion principle bit ... the scene where So Joon ran into himself ... wherein two identical objects (So Joon [really ferminons]) cannot occupy the same space (quantum space) at the same time. I wonder if we'll get to see a mishap of two travelers and what it does to the timeline. 

Done watching ep2. Now I've decided, I will follow this drama till the end.

About that 49 days that @AlexMao asked, because there was also a kdrama title 49 days, I assumed that actual days have special meaning that I googled and found this.

In the Mahayana Buddhism, especially, Vietnamese tradition we pray for the dead for 49 days after passing away, 49 being the estimated time it takes for the spirit to be reborn again into a new life. Some spirits are reborn 3 days, 21 days, 49 days or 100 days after death, and in some cases even 7 years. (source: https://www.urbandharma.org/udharma5/viewdeath.html).

So there's something special about 49 days.

I think after discovering Marin as someone who has saved him from the accident, has made him somehow thankful for her and knowing the fact that they will died together made him more attached to her. 

Next episode, on preview that traveller ahjussi said "have baby", (if I'm not mistaken reading the sub said ^_^). Aigoo, it seema like the bedscene from 6 minutes preview will come. 

Archived