[Drama 2017] Tomorrow With You 내일 그대와

Go Seung Ji

7 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

I thought that the Director and MR's friend already got married in episode 1.  What was the wedding in this 2nd episode?  Is it because SJ saved her the first time so it then created a new timeline of events now?

Nope. I think its just for a photoshoot during the first episode. Since i remember that in the lift, SJ ask director kim something like ' are you getting married right?' So that means he's not married yet. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Se Yeong's first love is SJ. There is a term "jak/chak sarang" in there relationship chart, but I could be wrong.

The supposed to happen accident also confuses me. Because if Marin died at that time then wouldn't there be a need to save her because then she will not be on the accident happened in 2019, but what if SJ didn't alter the story and Marin happened to be on that same spot at the present time and got hit by the truck of doom and let say she didnt die and got a serious injury only, then maybe after sometime the accident happened SJ and she met and fell in love. Then they got married amd in March 2019, they were in an accident killing them both.

But since he did alter the present, he got involve with her life earlier that they were supposed to be. The two are like destined to fell in love with each other and no matter what they do they'll get married and will still get into an accident. Hahahaha I know I don't make sense. I'm literally confused about everything.

The sabu traveler is still a mystery to me and I can't think of any idea how is he related to both Marin and So Joon.

12 minutes ago, lan_lan said:

I thought that the Director and MR's friend already got married in episode 1.  What was the wedding in this 2nd episode?  Is it because SJ saved her the first time so it then created a new timeline of events now?  I love the chemistry between the leads and the wistful tone of the drama.  

But I think they should've done a better job at differentiating between the timeline every time SJ goes back and forth.  I find myself having to constantly figure out what the timing of the moment is.  I watched the entire episode 2 thinking that SJ already knew that MR was the girl on the train that coincidentally saved him at the beginning, only to get to the end seeing that he realized it for the first time through the article.  I'm so confused with the timing and probably will have to rewatch both episodes again just to get it straight.  

It was a wedding photoshoot at the first ep while the real wedding happened at the 2nd ep. 

Someone pointed out that the time traveling ability of SJ shaped his personality of what he has now and I agree!

He saw the future and the reason why he is not that fond of the term 'love'  and just don't find it interesting making him a lil douchebag and uninterested to Marin was because he didn't see his future self in such committed relationship. The down side of his ability is that he knows the future to well thus lessen the suprises and making his life dull. 

hello chingus!!!

Done watching ep 2 with sub...

:heart::heart::heart:

oh nooo after gone for a while i'm back here on soompi... sleepless night here i come :mrgreen:

@jellybellymonster summoned me... waiting @itzibitzispider and summoning @gutibear and hello @triplem

this drama reminds me AOHY... 

I like the plot and both of them played their characters so well :heart:  i laughed, smiled giddily, sad, angry all mixed up when watching this drama...

they're so cute.. from the newlywed scene hihihihi and when she picked the red car hahaha

but he broke my heart too at the wedding scene... He's very rude to her especially at the end of ep 2... zzz... 

1. who is master ahjushssi?

2. SJ could change the future so we will see how he changes hif future on upcoming episodes... 

3. i wanna see another newlyweds or dating scenes on his future... hihihihi

waaaa waiting next week is killing me... seems time travelers TVN dramas are my favorites!!!

wuaaaa this drama i like like like it!!!!!!

@necychessie I'm glad there's someone else confused about MR dying twice. I guess we will have to wait for an answer in future episodes. I didn't even notice that the same car was involved in the two accidents. You must really scanned the accident site the second time because I didn't even notice the colors of the cars involved. It looked like such a mess with so much activity going on.

Welcome welcome @naritul, I think I saw you on LOTBS or Goblin thread. Actually @triplem already here since the very start and also greet me the first time.

Waiting for @itzibitzispider too. Me not yet watching both episodes with sub, but I did watching live streaming and trying to understand everything with my heart. Lol. But one thing I noticed, when SJ traveled to the future, the screen will be wider. There will be additional black backgroundon top and bottom screen.

3 hours ago, Mailelei said:

I, too, am loving the drama so far. Episode 2 kept me glued to the screen. In March 2009, they were the only survivors of the Namyeong Station train crash. SJ doesn't find out until the end of episode 2 that MR was the girl that he had an argument with causing them to get off at Namyeong Station. We still don't know what the connection is between these two and why was he chosen to be a time traveler. 

Many of you speculate that the older time traveler is SJ in the future when he is older and he's trying to save MR since she's the one that dies but he doesn't. But how can the same person be in the present time as two different people, that's the part I don't understand. I haven't watched many time traveling dramas or films so maybe I'm missing the concept of time traveling. Another thing that doesn't make sense, why save MA from dying in a car accident knowing that she will die again in three years. Maybe I need to watch episode 1 again to get a better understanding as to why MR must stay alive until 2019 and then only to  die together with SJ that same year.

I thought they can't go back in time. Only future and back to present time. So I don't think the older time traveller is SJ in the future... otherwise, he will be travelling back in time.

But he definitely has something else going on... and that recording saying he come by, that is weird.

Future and Present self cannot see each other... otherwise Future self will disappear. We saw 1 scene in Ep 2, Future self's hand was disappearing. 

So when he jumped into future say 3 months, at that time, he may see himself who is at home and didn't go travelling. So that's 2 selfs at the same time.

When he comes back to his present time (time 0), he won't see another one because he has just left his house.

While I do think that the sabu is either an older version of SJ or otherwise involved (son of the two?). So far we don't know the rules quite yet, we know depending on his choices the future changes, we know meeting urself is a bad idea and medding in someone else's life isn't good either. My question would be if those futures that don't happen to him, can they happen to another him that made a different choice in the past? Does this mean we have alternate universes then? How much control does he have about his jumps into the future? I hope these questions will be answered at least in part in future eps. 

I liked the second episode even better than the first!!! :lol: It's going to be so hard waiting a week for episode 3!

This is probably the best production-wise tvN has done yet with any of their dramas. Sure, they normally put out a lot of pretty shows to begin with, but with this, each episode feels like a MOVIE. I like how people have described it as "calming" and "soothing"... It doesn't feeling the need to move at break-neck pace—taking it's time giving us all the details, but it's not slow either.

I think that the other time-traveling ahjussi must have some kind of stake in SJ and MR's relationship, he wouldn't need to be so invested in getting SJ to save and marry MR otherwise... But I don't think he can be older SJ... since he starts to disappear if he runs into another version of himself...

Well i think the future changes constantly based on the actions he takes in the present time. Ofcourse with the knowledge of already knowing what will happen in the future. I hope i make sense. Lol. So he saved Marin in hopes of changing the future (in which both of them die together). I did thought leaving her die by that truck of doom will be more logical, you know, because then it would create a future without the girl that he was supposed to die with. That would also change the future considerably. 

But then someone pointed out that the 2019 future that he saw might be a one where he was not at all acquainted with Marin. Complete strangers they might have been. So befriending her now will be useful to rewrite the future. That might be his thought. 

I have lots of questions, i dont want to bombard you people with that in a single post. Lol. So i'm taking it slowly. I love all the analyses in this thread so far. Looking forward to more.:)

From having read and watched many time travel books and movies, if the writer is going with the commonly used rules...we're in for a who,e lot of confusion LOL and you got to pay attention to every little detail. So from my understanding of things:

1. Two selves, within one same timeline cannot meet or else one will have to disappear (perhaps return to their timeline or evaporate making one one the constant). This makes sense when you think on it. You can't have two young SJs running around like twins mucking up each other's lives and confusing the heck out of people. There can only be one SJ (time traveling or not) in one time line at a time. Like if Sunday May 1 2016 at 10am SJ were to travel and meet Sunday May 1st at 1:30 pm SJ, one of them has to disappear and evaporate (or return to their time line) because there can be only one present SJ in their present time line.  This is why I believe thiat the traveler ahjussi is SJ and is not disappearing because he is of a different time line. He's from the long distant future to come and not the present and immideat time line so he doesn't need to evaporate. He's SJ but not the SJ we (or he) knows and can recognize therefore he can stay because his existence within the timeline doesn't muck with the rule of an existing present one constant within their timeline SJ. 

There is one SJ and they are all SJ but since they are all coming from different periods and sometimes different timelines in life, the question isn't who are you, but instead, when are you? Each SJ carries knowledge that SJ doesn't have because he hasn't lived it yet (like not having yet lived courting and married for 2 days so freaking out at fresh out the shower MR). In episode 2 when SJ does return to the future, he's aware he's suppose to marry MR but he didn't go back to that timeline/period in his life because we see and he notes that his apartment/house is free of the wedding pictures. What I'm not clear on is if life goes on with the right SJ in his timeline while future  SJ travels? Like while SJ is in 2019, 2016 SJ is still present in 2016 and living life? 

2. In episode 1 MR finds a photofolio in her house that she doesn't recognize. Inside there are a lot of nice black and white pictures, and to me it looked like pictures of a man and woman. I believe it's pictures full of the good life that SJ/MR will live. My question is, which SJ maybe left it there and why? (Is it SJ who left it?). It was interesting how they noted that photofoilo and I'm curious to see if it is significant or if maybe I'm reading too much into it.

3. SJ saving MR, I honestly don't think she died from that accident. I think she was seriously injured in a way that altered her life but not dead, if she's was to die then, we're all pondering "why save her if she dies three years later?" Why indeed? One theory I have is that the SJ that saved her, did not know she dies in three years. At the time of saving her, he had yet to visit the future and have that future information? He perhaps in a future reads or sees the accident and felt some pull or was even pushed to do so (maybe the recording and diaries have some future SJ instructions on things that must happen?) That brings me to my second theory of left instructions or notes to his past and or future selves on some need to know and need to occur things (I believe that what ahjussi was recording, notes to self.)

4. It also looks like SJ can't change the past (which is maybe why we have yet to see him go in the past i.e. try to prevent the train accident and save his parents among others) and things set to happen, will happen. He can alter it, but not erase it. Case in point although he saves MR from her accident, for her being in an accident is meant to happen so still does happen. Though SJ altered the circumstances/outcomes (instead of truck of doom squash, MR is scared by a car and faints in the meddle of traffic LOL) an "accident" still occurs for her. This leaves me curious if there are still timelines where SJ doesn't prevent the accident and MR dies or is hurt and SJ goes on never knowing her? If so can he visit those timelines or do they so greatly diverge that the space time, time travel rules does not allow for if? Or maybe everything is happening exactly how they've always meant to happen? Is the big lesson going to be that what's meant to happen, has happened, does happen, and will happen? Yes, I believe SJ is in some sort of loop of life that all leads to one outcome MR in his life.

The drama is so good and has me wondering on everything. I can't wait to get more answers (and questions) and dig deeper into their world and especially the rules of the time traveling.

5 hours ago, Mailelei said:

I didn't even notice that the same car was involved in the two accidents. You must really scanned the accident site the second time because I didn't even notice the colors of the cars involved

No no i just notice the car (actually its a truck - i just remember that word sorry) involved during the first accident (the one at the crossing road) and yeah its a blue truck but not sure whether that blue truck is also present at 2nd accident or not cause its involving so many cars. Lol i see why you misunderstand my words. Cause im writing the car accident while in bracket with blue lorry. Sorry i forgot the word truck lol (i already edited it lol) and the first accident im referring is the one at the crossing road in my previous post:lol:

59 minutes ago, sebastian27 said:

I am playing on watching this series... 

is it really good?

Seriously you should try it. Im not saying that this is super good but its worth watching for. Just give it a try and you can decided later:)

54 minutes ago, kokodus said:

But then someone pointed out that the 2019 future that he saw might be a one where he was not at all acquainted with Marin. Complete strangers they might have been. So befriending her now will be useful to rewrite the future. That might be his thought. 

Yeah i think this is the case. I dont think they are in the same car when the accident happen. Its just happen that they involved in the same accident and die together. But there are so many victim involving in that car accident (i dont think only both of them die at that time since the scale of accident is quite big) so why he's only approach MR and even save her from that truck and so on. 

And yeah i got ur point. Why bother saving her if they suppose to die together later. In that case he wont encounter her again 3 years later so the future could be different. But the confusion is saving her from that truck is what we called changing future so how come there is possibility that if he did not save MR from that truck, he wont meet her again 3 years later since she's already dead. Again, its just weird he could encounter MR's dying twice and not feel weird at all. 

If you look up to the 6 minute trailer, MR was sitting in a wheel chair. If SJ didn't manage to saved her, she will not die instead she will just get serious injury.

The 2019 car accident also involved two cars (guess only) and SJ was in his car alone while MR was on the other car. MR was in all madness after the accident and she tried to drive a car despite her unability since she was paralysed once causing the accident hitting the car were SJ is and they both died.

But now that SJ altered the present and saved her, they will fall in love but that doesn't mean the accident will not happen. It is bound to happen no matter what he tried to do to change their fate. The only difference is that they are in the same car as husband and wife. There was a scene also were MR mumbled while hurt "Don't go" and that would mean the story was altered and one of them will only die and that is SJ trying to saved MR instead of dying together. 

Heeeeeee.....this drama makes my head hurts (in a good way) with all this guessing.

Archived