2 hours ago, immorethant said:

Hymn of Death Director's Cut Blu-ray.

Please help support if you can afford, because it's short drama and only order within Koran may not be sufficient to make the production happen.

COZWImy.jpg

Link --> http://m.cafe.daum.net/HehymnofdeathBD 

100,000 won could buy a lot of jjangmyeon. 

• LOL 4

5 hours ago, immorethant said:

Innocent' crime-scene shooting.

SHS in 2nd clip

Woo that is her in killer heels? She can finally wear heels :lol:

Can't wait to watch this! 

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

Now I regret that already :P

Me too. I regret because I love that drama so much. But... it is still.... extremely expensive :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Woo that is her in killer heels? She can finally wear heels :lol:

Can't wait to watch this! 

Watching 'Innocent' clip gives me goosebumps like seeing Young Eun-soo come back to life. I still imagine this movie as 'Secret Forest' spin-off sequel happened in parallel universe where she's still alive. :P

Is there any news of SBS drama nomination list released already ? 

Why today I saw a few news mentioned SHS as candidate ?   However, google translation is very difficult to read.

http://www.sisunnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=94452#closed

http://www.anewsa.com/detail.php?number=1447248

Good article of 2017 KBS drama awards (with nice pics and gifs)

https://m.blog.naver.com/kbjsy717/221178052872

• Like 1

5 hours ago, immorethant said:

Is there any news of SBS drama nomination list released already ? 

Why today I saw a few news mentioned SHS as candidate ?   However, google translation is very difficult to read.

http://www.sisunnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=94452#closed

http://www.anewsa.com/detail.php?number=1447248

Good article of 2017 KBS drama awards (with nice pics and gifs)

https://m.blog.naver.com/kbjsy717/221178052872

Those google translates did not work out well- it seemed like SHS (Seo Ri) was nominated against the guy from "Should we kiss first?" (Kam Woo Sung)??

Also saw this post on Instagram, but haven't seen this info anywhere else. Lee Dong Gun as SHS' non-angel interest? (the "Dr. Jang" character in the @kokkuri33 version, LDG seems more like fellow chaebol, though)

Don't know if this is true, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:
11 hours ago, immorethant said:

Those google translates did not work out well- it seemed like SHS (Seo Ri) was nominated against the guy from "Should we kiss first?" (Kam Woo Sung)?

Why do I interpret it as her vying for the daesang with Kam Woo Sung? :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

After trying to use translation program sentence by sentence. 

the 1st article may be correct, for this year SBS daesang's nominees.

The nominees for the 2018 SBS drama are Kam Woo-Sung from 'Should We Kiss First?' , Kim Yun-Jin from 'Ms. Ma, Nemesis'  and Park Jin-Hee from 'Return'. 

And it also mentioned SHS as an MC.

The 2nd article, I think the writer probably mixed up from the first one, saying that SHS will be candidate for daesang along with Kam Woo-Sung, which I don't think it's possible for her now. As I just saw the writer info at the bottom, the article was written by an intern reporter (which I think she is also SHS fan, so this can be forgiven).

So, I made myself embarrassed again (for how many times I can't count now). Sorry for false alarm :P

But this embarrassment can't stop me from giving another speculation.  

From my investigation and imagination (10% investigation and 90% imagination) I think that there might be reason that SBS decided to cut some episodes and ended '30but17' earlier, so that later they could have SHS available time to continue shooting/finishing and then aired 'Hymn of Death' within this year (and on the same Mon-Tue slot).  So that she can be nominated together for acting 2 different roles for 2 great dramas and probably has more chance to win Top Excellence actress . :innocent:

Last year gif.

GxaVwpt.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

Don't know if this is true, though.

Thank you @immorethant. You are hard to keep up with. Confirmed according to https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001076872

His role name, 지강우, Ji Gang-Woo, ballet director, to show up as a classy attractive adult man. LoL

Spoiler

이동건은 극중 지강우 역으로 분할 예정. 지강우는 예술단 발레 감독으로, 매력적인 어른 남자의 품격을 선보일 것으로 기대된다.

Works for me. Being recently married to his kbs weekend drama costar from Wolgaesoo, he's only going to do 2nd fiddle now - no kissy kissy get the girl parts thanks to (rightly) jealous new RL wife.

This means the young looking angel will have to step it up, grow up!

I am looking forward to LDG (great name in any language, btw) portraying a tender man for a change.  I approve this 2nd fiddle.:phew:

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

The 2nd article, I think the writer probably mixed up from the first one, saying that SHS will be candidate for daesang along with Kam Woo-Sung, which I don't think it's possible for her now. As I just saw the writer info at the bottom, the article was written by an intern reporter (which I think she is also SHS fan, so this can be forgiven).

You were right the 1st time. She is, Daesang nominated. Why not? She already bagged the APAN top excellence prize.:w00t:

And I love your educated guess about why they rushed thru 30b17. SBS did the math, LJS + SHS while shes white-hot with 2018 momentum = $$$ for SBS. No brainer.B)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

33 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

Thank you @immorethant. You are hard to keep up with. Confirmed according to https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001076872

His role name, 지강우, Ji Gang-Woo, ballet director, to show up as a classy attractive adult man. LoL

Reveal hidden contents

이동건은 극중 지강우 역으로 분할 예정. 지강우는 예술단 발레 감독으로, 매력적인 어른 남자의 품격을 선보일 것으로 기대된다.

Works for me. Being recently married to his kbs weekend drama costar from Wolgaesoo, he's only going to do 2nd fiddle now - no kissy kissy get the girl parts thanks to (rightly) jealous new RL wife.

I am looking forward to LDG (great name in any language, btw) portraying a tender man for a change.  I approve this 2nd fiddle.:phew:

You were right the 1st time. She is, Daesang nominated. Why not? She already bagged the APAN top excellence prize.:w00t:

And I love your educated guess about why they rushed thru 30b17. SBS did the math, LJS + SHS while shes white-hot with 2018 momentum = $$$ for SBS. No brainer.B)

Are you serious SHS is nominated for Daesang award? This must be for her role in Death Song, but SERIOUSLY I am so proud and freaking excited for her. Cannot wait to watch SBS drama awards now and to be honest I don't care if she wins or not as it is an honour been nominated alone. 100% a testimony for her amazing and excellent acting skills.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

The way the previews are written it seems like LDG's character will be the first to fiddle, and the primary fiddler for the majority of the drama. Infinite's L's character will realize that he wants to be a fiddler late in the drama, will compete for fiddling rights, and will (likely) only be the primary fiddler for the last couple of episodes. (Though, being an angel, his ability to properly fiddle might be compromised.)

Being nominated for a Daesang Award is pretty impressive. Feels like only a few yesterdays ago that SHS was finishing tied for 4th place among rookie actresses in a poorly-constructed survey of insufficient sample size.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

But i hate her next drama project: i knew she was going to come back on tv with a rom com but the fact she picked one where her male costar is an idol is the worst choice ever.:wacko: 

No matter the quality of the content, i will never support her for wasting her time this way, so i'm just keeping my negativity for myself and nto annoy my chingus here!:vicx:

It seems like SHS was faced with two sub-optimal options, for the timeframe after "Innocent" finishes filming in (late February 2019?):

1. wait for a better project to materialize in (August? October?) that she may/may not be selected for

2. take a less-than-ideal project in May

Option #1 has no guarantees, and it might not be a good idea to have a long stretch of time without working, if she wants to continue her growth as an actress/stay relevant.

Option #2 was the obvious choice. On the plus side, it is a lead role, and a blind (former?) ballerina/Chaebol could be an interesting role/acting challenge. The idol (co-star?) is not great, but SHS could be spending the majority of the drama acting with LDG.

SHS will certainly make the best of this role, and hopefully her following role (Fall 2019?) will be more "Secret Forest"-like.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

Real life has been hard lately. I'm changing jobs a lot and have to work on a new degree.

So i wasn't really motivated to write in Soompi lately.

But to escape the pressure, i started a new drama, Children of nobody/Red moon Blue sun and got completely sucked in.

Glad to hear from you. RL is always not a bed of roses but hang on!

I'm also watching that drama now :lol:

49 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

But i hate her next drama project: i knew she was going to come back on tv with a rom com but the fact she picked one where her male costar is an idol is the worst choice ever.:wacko: 

I hated it too. I was so looking forward to her next drama regardless the genre but alas her co-star was a idol that I wasn't too thrilled with. I was hoping for a more senior and experienced ACTOR. But since she had decided on that drama, i will just be watching for her since I will watch her in anything anyway:lol:!

She probably thinks the pros weigh more in terms of what this drama will bring her. She's rising but she knows she's still not yet on the ranks of those big stars who can get to choose their project and still get the limelight. She might just wish to keep working so that she's constantly active and establish herself and her popularity. Well, not finding any excuses for her, just trying to convince myself too. :P

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

I'm sure you're all tired of my endless praise of this drama but what can i do? My love for them refuses to fade away

Never tired for the SF team. :heart:

Do take care and drop by occasionally to say hi, alright? 

• Like 4

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=016&aid=0001478092

2018 Favourite Character 

‘서른이지만’ 신혜선, 진짜 어른의 정의

SBS ‘서른이지만 열일곱입니다’(연출 조수원, 극본 조성희) 속 신혜선이 연기한 우서리는 17살에 버스 전복사고를 당해 코마 상태에 빠졌다가 30살에 기적적으로 눈을 뜨게 된 인물이다. 이에 서리는 17살의 마음으로 30살의 삶을 살게 된다. 그러면서 세상이 ‘어른’에게 강요하는 기준들을 맞닥뜨리며 혼란을 느낀다. 이렇듯 뒤늦게 성장통을 겪는 서리의 모습은 시청자들의 공감을 얻기에 충분하다. 나이듦과 ‘어른’이 동의어가 아니라는 사실을 우리 모두 알고 있기 때문이다. 이에 남들보다 속도가 더딜지라도 자신의 능력껏 자립을 계획하며 하루하루를 충실히 살아가는 서리의 모습은 시청자들에게 희망의 메시지를 전했다.

이런 가운데 ‘서른이지만 열일곱’인 캐릭터를 표현해야 했던 신혜선의 열연이 빛났다. 신혜선은 실제 서리와 동갑이기도 하다. 서른의 나이에 천진난만한 열일곱 소녀를 소화하는 일이 쉽지 않았을 터이나 어색하지 않게 그려냈다. 게다가 서리가 조금씩 성숙해져가는 과정 역시 자연스럽게 보여주며 드라마의 인기를 견인했다. 특히 바로 전작 KBS2 ‘황금빛 내 인생’에서 책임감 강한 맏딸 서지안으로 의젓한 모습을 보여줬던 신혜선이기에 ‘서른이지만 열일곱입니다’로 보여준 얼굴이 새로웠다. 이로써 데뷔 후 첫 미니시리즈 주연작을 성공적으로 마친 신혜선은 ‘서른이지만 열일곱입니다’ 이후 SBS ‘사의 찬미’로 단막극에도 도전하는 등 활발한 활동을 펼치고 있다.

I'm so happy to read about how this article sang praises on our Hyesun sii. She is no doubt my favourite character in 2018. It's a no brainer answer. :lol: 

Sorry guys, I just realised I took the first post position on a new page again and this is the best I can do. :rolleyes::P

• Like 4

10 hours ago, iffy21 said:

Are you serious SHS is nominated for Daesang award? This must be for her role in Death Song, but SERIOUSLY I am so proud and freaking excited for her. Cannot wait to watch SBS drama awards now and to be honest I don't care if she wins or not as it is an honour been nominated alone. 100% a testimony for her amazing and excellent acting skills.  

Unlike @kokkuri33 most of my utterances here don't need to be construed as punny. :phew:

9 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

Being nominated for a Daesang Award is pretty impressive. Feels like only a few yesterdays ago that SHS was finishing tied for 4th place among rookie actresses in a poorly-constructed survey of insufficient sample size.

Few = 3 or more? More like couple or less. :P It's all part of the Korean way - younger folk pay their dues and smile until it's their turn. But she's moving faster than any younger folk after a very late start. She's on a zip-line to the Dae-Bak awards. All the while laughing all the way to the bank, I hope. ;)

8 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I'm sure you're all tired of my endless praise of this drama but what can i do? My love for them refuses to fade away!  :bawling:

Hi chingoo @titania1000 it's OK to be stuck in that Forest! Thanks for letting us know you didn't fall off the end of the RL planet.:wub:

7 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

SHS will certainly make the best of this role, and hopefully her following role (Fall 2019?) will be more "Secret Forest"-like.

I think by the time Dan Only Love is over we can see her in theaters as the Defense Lawyer - Jung In, in "Innocent"! And at the same time for our visual pleasure she can star in any number of thriller dramas with all the boys that leave the army - Kang Ha-Neul, Ji Chang-Wook, ... let's start another contest to see who are the next victims of her love potions. :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Never tired for the SF team. :heart:

Do take care and drop by occasionally to say hi, alright?  

Ditto! @titania1000  the instigator of our minions-voluntary-servitude program.:crazy:

And everyone, self-identifying minions or not, let us continue our celebration of these beautiful and life-affirming works and moments of our favorite actress, Shin Hye-Sun.

Another article we can boast about:

201812190930478764572_20181219093156_01_

[2018 Drama Character] ① 'Breaking the Mold' 이보영·김남주·이지은·신혜선·서현진 - Lee Bo-Young, Kim Nam-Joo, Lee Ji-Eun, Shin Hye-Sun, Seo Hyeon-Jin

with partial translation by @meechuttso - cookies for anyone who can guess before reading which 'part'ial was translated?

For drama maniacs, the year 2018 was like a (great) gift. Terrestrial TV of course but also for mixed-collaboration work and cable, all participating in drama battles - more than at any other time many works poured out. Thanks to that, there were a variety of drama genres, and the characters in the stories have become more 'colorful'. We have picked out characters who at times through 'symapthy' or through 'impact' have received much love from the viewers.

... fast forward ...

201812190930478764572_20181219093349_01_

'Thirty but...' Shin Hye-Sun - definition of real adult (LoL)

SBS '30 but 17 I am' (dir Cho Soo-Won, writ Cho Sung-Hee)'s Shin Hey-Sun's Woo Seo-Ri is one who at 17 after bus accident was in a coma and at age 30 opens her eyes miraculously. So Seo-Ri lives as a 30-year-old with a 17-year-old's mind. And as she faces a world that demands the standard of 'adults' she feels confused. This Seo-Ri who faces belated growing pains could readily earn the sympathy of viewers. Because we all know well that 'aging' and 'adulthood' aren't the same thing. This Seo-Ri who, while her pace may be slower than others nevertheless makes plans within her abilities and lives steadfastly each day, day by day, relayed a message of hope for the viewers.

Shin Hye-Sun, who had to portray a '30 but 17' character in the story, shined brightly in her great effort. In real life, Shin Hye-Sun is the same age as Seo-Ri, too. While it must have not been an easy thing as a 30-year-old to channel a naive 17-year-old girl, she painted (her character) without any awkwardness. Then, too, the process of Seo-Ri's maturing little by little she very naturally depicted and earned popularity for the drama. Especially because in her previoius work KBS2's 'My Golden Life', Shin Hye-Sun had portrayed the first daughter Seo Ji-An full of sense of responsibility, her face (what she showed) in '30 but 17' seemed all the more different (new/fresh). Having thus completed her first mini-series starring role since debut, Shin Hye-Sun, through '30 but 17 I am' received the '2018 Asia Pacific Star Awards - APAN Star Awards - long-running drama series top excellence actress award, received affirmation (acknowledgment) for her acting abilities.

fast forward ... the end

Finally,

7 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I hated it too. I was so looking forward to her next drama regardless the genre but alas her co-star was a idol that I wasn't too thrilled with. I was hoping for a more senior and experienced ACTOR. But since she had decided on that drama, i will just be watching for her since I will watch her in anything anyway:lol:!

In all the back and forth about the Dan Only Love work, nobody mentioned what KBS2 might be offering her in the way of compensation being a factor in her decision.

I am willing to bet she's going to the top $$$ dollar offer here - @kokkuri33 i hear this might be like professional baseball - she can't take a work that's not willing to give her her going wages that acknowledges her status as the hottest actress on the planet (well at least the Sunny half of a planet). Notice she's like a metronome back and forth between bidders:

Shin Hye-Sun Gig Wages Table:

STATION - Gig (Compensation|Perks|Dues)

KBS - 5 kids (peanuts - minion wages)

SBS - LotBS (minimum wage with good exposure while allowing JJH to abuse her on the dance floor)

tvN - Secret Forest (she probably had to pay money to get in on this gig w CSW, let them even kill her - but worth it)

KBS - My Golden Life ($2 above minimum wage for her first lead role and heeeuge exPOzure - I won't mention the real downside to this trauma of a gig - if you read old article about when she renewed the Aqutop contract, she said it's still not much because she was getting so very little before, LoL)

SBS - Hymn of Death ($200 above minimum wage because they let her finally wear heels)

SBS - 30 but 17 ($20000 above previous rate, plus another $10k from YSJ under the table for his fav Noona)

Movie - Innocent (?? I have no idea - but perks - she's getting schooled by the best veteran actress, BJO)

KBS - Dan Only Love ($2,000,000 above previous rate - because she has to do it with an idol - who's also kicking in a cool 1/2 a $Mil of his own to get his first lead gig) :crazy:

I thinks starting with KBS MGL she was like a free agent and could start paying back her mom and dad for all the free meals and lodging and transportation for her first 28 years, her private arts high school and private arts college tuition and all her beauty-care products. @kokkuri33 let me know if this sounds right to you - you are supposed to know about these things, aren't you?? @iffy21 you too, if you are savvy. I want to know if oori-baby is getting fair compensation after all her sufferings.B)

On 12/17/2018 at 11:29 PM, mylovekge said:

EDITED FOR SOME EYECANDIES (I can post more than 1, right?)

Really finally - well done @mylovekge - I approve the pic and your new avatar! @immorethant has led everyone by good examples and true minion-heart.:wub: Thank you! :innocent:

• Like 3