Happy to see this team reunion! :heart:

I kind of expected she would win the Top Excellence Award so no much surprises to me. Too bad she couldn't bag another one for the best couple. 

P/S: Love her two outfits today. Stunning and gorgeous!

• Like 5

Amazing (but not unexpected), much deserving Top Excellence win!

PLUS! An Instagram post after a long hiatus!

Random SBS Awards Thoughts:

-Why was that show SO LONG??!! Should have been 8-10 pm, to let their stars loose in time to celebrate on NYE! Now they stayed up all night and wrecked their circadian rhythms. SBS needs to protect their acting assets.

-SHS and YSJ should have won BC! Dramas that were dropped by @kokkuri33 should not be eligible for award consideration of any kind (yet "Should We Kiss First" kept winning awards).

-Kudos to the "stage guides" for directing traffic for 4.5 hours. They had their exit-the-stage gestures down, and sufficient endurance for the arduous task. Needed to have someone covering those dangerous steps, though. Definitely a potential liability issue. Glad that SHS was already on the stage, when she got awarded.

-Did SHS at least get to have a snack at halftime? That was way too long to be standing up there. Hopefully, she was able to wear those comfy slippers that she wears when acting opposite vertically-challenged peers, when standing behind that table onstage. Should have been a transparent ergonomic mat there, also.

-In a 4.5 hour show, there should have been a lot more Elijah Lee...

-If some of those speeches were a little longer, SHS would have been hosting for two years in a row!

-Better wardrobe choice: Jennifer's shoulder bathroom mat, or Lee Je-Hoon's red carpet jacket?

-YSJ. Jennifer Lawrence??!!

-SHS needs to do a Mon-Tue and a Wed-Thur drama in 2019, so she can win 4 awards next time!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, immorethant said:

Did I already go to heaven seeing an angel ?  :innocent:

I'm so happy with top excellence actress award.

Wish all of you a happy new year and more successful year for our Shin Hye Sun.  :blush::love:

Yes happy new year already in Asia! Now off to my evening to finish our most happy and memorable drama world 2018 year.

1 hour ago, kokkuri33 said:

-Why was that show SO LONG??!! Should have been 8-10 pm, to let their stars loose in time to celebrate on NYE! Now they stayed up all night and wrecked their circadian rhythms. SBS needs to protect their acting assets.

Boy oh boy now I remember why I never watch these - too long. Some parts were just ridiculous, like the segment about DaeSang psych hospital. There were many comments online saying they're enduring the agony in wait for SHS's winning something and because at least SHS was there throughout. Ditto for mee, but between all my running around with family stuff I caught about 50%.

And her always humble and beautiful speech (because it's always straight from her always sincerely grateful and beautiful heart).

(deep breath)Um... Actually just the fact that I got to meet this kid named 'Woo Seo-Ri' through the work '30 but 17' by itself was such a gift to me and...

Spoiler

어...  사실 설은이지만 열일곱 작품에서 제가 우서리란아이를 만난것만으로도 너무선물같았는데,

(looks down)
That you would even give me an award such as this, I would like to thank you so much.

Spoiler

이렇게 상까지주시니까 정말 너무나 감사드립니다.

(looks down)

While doing Seo-Ri role (acting) I myself truly received much care.

Spoiler

제가 서리를 연기하면서 저도 위함을 참 많이받았어요.

So just like for Seo-Ri, to consider 'what is that happiness which is truly the best (path) for me?', it was a work through which I had chance to ask that once more, it feels like.

Spoiler

그래서 서리처럼 정말 나를위한 행복이 무었인가를하번더 생각해봤었던 작품이었던거 갓고요 ...

So for the people who created such a beautiful and 'nice'*** drama for us - the Cho siblings - Cho Seo-Won director-nim, Cho Sung-Hee writer-nim, I want to thank, and our '30 but 17' all the staff members, you all, suffered much...
***well behaved, no evil character, etc.

Spoiler

어 이렇게 예쁘고 착한드라마 만들어주신 우리 조남매 - 조서원 감독닙과 조성희 작가님 너무나 감사드리고요 , 그리고 저희 서른이지만 스>텝분들 다 너무 고생많으셨고 ...

Um could I mention all the people for whom I am grateful one by one?...

Spoiler

어 어떻게 감사한분들을 어떻게 다 일일이 말씀드려도 되나?

(goes thru list of people)...

Spoiler

그리고 저랑같이 외적으로 서리 함께만들어준 애쓴? 식구들, 세??언니, 유미너무감사했고요
서은이 너무 고생많았고 민영씨도 고생만았고요, ... ynk 사랑합니다.
그리고 마지막으로 인제 저와 함께연기해주었던 우리 지원 언니부터
그리고 좋은 파트너 세종이 그리고 착한동생 효섭이
조종부 삼인방 그리고 시은이 찬영이까지 다 너무 고생많으셨고요

Everyone, wish you many blessings in the new year, thank you!

Spoiler

여러분들 새해에 복많이받으세요, 감사하니다!

DvwdxrPUUAA_0AI.jpg

Always love these panned shots showing the backdrop - so epic!

Happy New Year to all my lovely Chingoos! You sure made my 2018 a very happy one - let's keep binge-ing in 2019 - year of the PIG!!

:w00t::expressionless:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thank you @kokkuri33  and happy new year to you.  Dae-Sang Award for your poem too, I love it, very in-details from a great fan  :) 

She's still nervous with award acceptance, but getting more used to it. Good to see more smile this time.  Hopefully this 2019 year-end award she will be chosen as MC again (this time for KBS ?) 

Ik9MfCc.gif

giphy.gif

6ZlUboJ.gif

• Like 5

Let's get ready for more awards ceremonies for Innocent and 2019 KBS Awards and perhaps another drama after Dan My Only Love in SBS again or even better MBC so that she can get excellence acting awards in all the Big 3 tv stations. Cable tv dramas are good but they don't have their own award ceremony though... hmmm me don't approve because I still want to see her in more award shows :D:P

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Any thoughts on the performance of SHS in her hosting debut? Haven't seen any articles/comments that mentioned that.

Next time, I hope she is not a host, so she can sit and relax with the people from her drama. (But there needs to be a stage guide helping SHS up the steps, when she gets her awards).

Also, I realized later that SBS got a minor violation for keeping Princess Ah Ri out past midnight. Even though she is the next Empress, having 7 year olds work that late is an issue.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Looking for this video for long time after seeing her IG post and some still photos.

Yas !! :kiss_wink: :love:

SHS vs SHS vs SHS vs SHS

(from youtube caption If you look closely, there is another hidden Shin Hye Sun. What is the total number of Shin Hye Sun in the video?) 

And this is a bonus. Thank you love4suksun IG for nice pics and music.  Good night, sweet dream everyone :blush:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

Looking for this video for long time after seeing her IG post and some still photos.

SHS vs SHS vs SHS vs SHS

(from youtube caption If you look closely, there is another hidden Shin Hye Sun. What is the total number of Shin Hye Sun in the video?) 

That is the best commercial ever! My favorite is Knit Hat SHS.

It's like the show "Orphan Black" where most of the characters are the same actress,

I want SHS to do a show like "Orphan Black"... but it would be very physically demanding. (Maybe just 3 hours of airtime, like "Hymn of Death", would be OK, though.)

• LOL 1

15 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

Congratulations to @immorethant winner of the Top Excellence Award for Monday-Tuesday forum posting!

I second this  motion. Only thing I can claim is that she was inspired by this thread.;)

14 hours ago, immorethant said:

Thank you @kokkuri33  and happy new year to you.  Dae-Sang Award for your poem too, I love it, very in-details from a great fan  

Yes as much as I want to give @immorethant the Dae-Sang, I think this nonchalant post by our court jester, our 'enfant terrible' was something that is worthy of Dae-Sang and more analysis for posterity. So to that end....

On 12/30/2018 at 3:21 AM, kokkuri33 said:

Toiling in obscurity

Hawking pizzas for a pittance

Striding toward an uncertain future

At 00:13 for about half a second - I don't know how @kokkuri33 could have known about this obscure video - I had only posted link to her audio previously somewhere.

12 hours ago, immorethant said:

SHS vs SHS vs SHS vs SHS

Yes THANK YOU @immorethant this BoH commercial is 'inspired'' - so cleverly done esp with the captions.  And I updated the 1st page with your 3 award gifs - thank you!

And in other news, Shin Hye-Sun renews her contract with YNK! For 3 more years!

IE002440251_PHT.jpg

BBRH9CK.img?h=396&w=270&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

The many articles on this signing are quick to point out her sense of loyalty to YNK. :thumbsup:

Actress Shin Hye-Sun has finished re-signing her contract with YNK Entertainment.

... After maturing as lead-grade actor, as the contract with current agency drew to a close (she) received a number of love calls, but chose to stay loyal to YNK Entertainment...

Let's Go Shin Hye-Sun 2019!!! :love:

Spoiler

배우 신혜선이 YNK엔터테인먼트와 재계약을 마쳤다.

한 매체는 2일 신혜선은 최근 YNK엔터테인먼트와 3년 재계약을 체결하며 인연을 이어가게 됐다고 보도했다. 주연급으로 성장한 뒤 소속사와의 계약이 만료됨에 따라 다수의 러브콜도 받았하지만 YNK엔터테인먼트와 의리를 지키기로 한 것.

source

source

Edited by meechuttso
Top of page 1 edited with latest news and gifs!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

A good guide for us... you know what right? :P

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsF76nOBXuT/

47690050_1848308578630783_88697352229774

@Ni Wen wow this is awesome! I had no idea some of these are so imminent! Thank you! I go for #1 and #6, and #5, in chronological order. Or all 3 - 3 on 1 - this summer! Let's vote on it! :phew:

EDIT

Dv124-dVsAAQUFT.jpg

If she can't wait till Feb 115, let's throw him in the mix - Lee Je-Hoon - the proverbial 'one in the basket better than 9 in the bush'. B) His fan tweeter's caption on this pic was - "Because of her expression on SHS's face, I couldn't cut (her out)." Yes, we sympathize. :sweatingbullets:

Edited by meechuttso
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

I hope SHS had a secret bidding war, behind the scenes, before re-signing with YNK. Have to maximize the won- never know what will happen in the future. (But I envision SHS glancing up from reading her script for "Innocent", telling YNK to renew her contract, and then going back to reading.)

As for the SBS Awards, I realized there was a major missed opportunity: why wasn't there excessive product placement? What would k-dramas be without excessive product placement?

Instead of giving the awards winners flowers, they could have been handed a trophy, and also a sandwich from the higher bidder between Subway/Quiznos.

Or maybe they could have been given plates of pork belly to grill up on those perfectly-sized circular tables? 

If they don't shorten the ceremony, they really need to look into the snack situation...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

I go for #1 and #6, and #5, in chronological order. Or all 3 - 3 on 1 - this summer! Let's vote on it! :phew:

My vote for Top 3 is #6, #9, #5. Let's hope for great news this 2019 :D

51 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Or maybe they could have been given plates of pork belly to grill up on those perfectly-sized circular tables? 

If they don't shorten the ceremony, they really need to look into the snack situation...

Nonono (in Jennifer's tone), it won't work because it would make them hungrier by the "can see can't eat" notion. No one would want to take the risk of having meat stuck in their teeth while delivering their speeches :P :w00t:  Unless maybe there's a million dollar CF deal waiting out there for the best looking eater. :lol:

On a sidenote, I was expecting something from her excellent performance in Hymn of Death too. Have SBS lost their memory and forgot about this drama? At least create a Special Mention for a Short Drama right? Such a letdown from SBS.

And she's a trophy short again because SBS decided to give the Best Couple to a veteran pair who doesn't even expect to win it instead of the popular pair. Maybe they couldn't strike a deal between LJH couple and our Gongseol couple since both are the MC... so rather to let them "fight", SBS decides to award it to the Daesang winners. Trade in deal isn't that great afterall, for being such a pretty and cute MC (It was a fairly good one for her first MC attempt too), isn't it? Well, but our girl is such an angel that she probably didn't mind. Sorry that she has such a atrociously greedy spoilt-brat fan here :P

• Like 3

This is the first time that I watched K-drama award ceremony from beginning until the end and smiled for all 4 1/2 hours (mostly I watched only the parts that my favorite actor/actress to be announced).   Love to see SHS as MC again and again in the future. So good to see her smile and laugh a lot, she seems relax and be herself than just sitting at audience seat looking nervous with a few time appearance on camera.  And moreover, got a chance to see her with 2 beautiful gowns, I can't ask for more. :love:

For the military discharged actor list, I choose #6 and #1  but actually prefer seeing SHS with Lee Jae Hoon, that would make a good drama with superb acting clash.  Just my imagination again that paring SHS with him as MC may have something for speculation, to test their chemistry on appearance and audience acceptance, probably we will see this couple in an SBS drama in the 2nd half of the year (finger-crossed). I think the script already sent out to both now, but they just kept secret.  :P 

0yI1qNJ.jpg

I expected either to see any nomination for HoD, unfortunately because of the awards weren't categorized as Mini-Series and Special Series drama (and this year SBS has only 2 special dramas, so it's difficult to make that award category).  At first I think SHS will be nominated for both 30but17 + HoD for Mon-Tue drama, but as I think again I'm glad that she was nominated only from 1 normal-length drama , so that she had a fair winning and proved that only 1 drama is enough for her to win Top Excellence Actress.    (However, in my opinion, with both 30but17 + HoD superb acting for two different characters, she should get Dae-Sang, only reason that she didn't win because she's not veteran enough yet, which I'm ok with that under Korean/Asian seniority-respect cultural context. But who knows, if 2019 she wins Top Excellence again for 3 years-in-a-row, it should be her time to be seriously and exceptionally considered for Dae-Sang) --- @Ni Wen another greedy spoilt-brat fan here too :P

(edited)

P.S. Read many positive comments on Hymn of Death - a short drama but made massive impact because it's widely available on Netflix and has only 3 episodes (similar to a long movie), so it encourages lots of non-SHS fan or even non-K-drama fan viewer to try watching it.  After watching and being impressed by her, many viewers now interested to follow her other works (and with good timing that 30but17 just won many awards, it's the best choice for new fan now).  So now the new viewer loop begins among  HoD <--> 30but17 <--> My Golden Life <---> (probably five enough, stranger)  and so on.  

• Like 3

I couldn't read through all your posts but I just dropped by to Congratulate our lady for the (expected and well-deserved) Top Excellence award. I will catch on later. 

Indeed a Happy New Year to all of us!

Also, may I just say that her award look is one of, if not the best, looks she's ever done. I absolutely loved it! Stunning, stunning, stunning!!

Ready yourself and your speeches, uri Hye Sun-ssi. There's more to come!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

My vote for Top 3 is #6, #9, #5. Let's hope for great news this 2019 :D

:sweatingbullets:

3 hours ago, immorethant said:

For the military discharged actor list, I choose #6 and #1  but actually prefer seeing SHS with Lee Jae Hoon, that would make a good drama with superb acting clash.  Just my imagination again that paring SHS with him as MC may have something for speculation, to test their chemistry on appearance and audience acceptance, probably we will see this couple in an SBS drama in the 2nd half of the year (finger-crossed). I think the script already sent out to both now, but they just kept secret.  :P 

I think you're onto something. I totally agree. See below for more.

1 hour ago, mylovekge said:

Also, may I just say that her award look is one of, if not the best, looks she's ever done. I absolutely loved it! Stunning, stunning, stunning!!

Yes, she has gifted us unworthy minions with much. 2019 has already started as a fabulous new year!

tumblr_pkp62ff3m61valxs7o5_r1_640.jpg Exhibit A

Considering the votes, I didn't bother w KSH #9 becoz he's not in top 3 for me, but I got curious and looked up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_SBS_Drama_Awards

and realized that SHS is starting to follow in the steps of, well is actually ahead of the pace of, names like JJH and Gong Hyo-Jin. How many actors and actresses had Excellence and 2x Top Excellence prizes in the bag before turning 30 y.o?

I noticed Lee Je-Hoon got his first top excellence in 2014 also thru SBS and did very well this past year thru the movie "I Can Speak", which I recommend.

The point of my rant here is that in 2 short years since most of us here started hearing the name Shin Hye-Sun, she has now become a household name! And in terms of qualifications, many on the list of 9 men coming back this year, well, they are the ones rather under-qualified, so to speak, if I were the PD and was going thru their proverbial Korean 'specs' to match as a cast member across Shin Hye-Sun in a role!

So, yes, #1 and #9 will do, I see that they have some hardware to match my girl, so please proceed to the next level and wait. And yes, #6 and #5, too!! Bring the boyz home and line 'em up! Stand tall and look strong! Goddess Shin will look you over. B):sweatingbullets:

tumblr_pkp62ff3m61valxs7o2_1280.jpg

Happy new page!

giphy.gif

Edited by meechuttso
top page pics and gif added
  • Like 6

On 1/2/2019 at 4:46 PM, meechuttso said:
On 1/2/2019 at 2:15 PM, immorethant said:

I think you're onto something. I totally agree

I agree on this too. It probably meant something. Just like how she was arranged to be seated with YSJ at the Baeksang Awards. They already knew at that time that they are confirmed to work together, just that it wasn't announced publicly then yet. 

On 1/2/2019 at 4:46 PM, meechuttso said:

Considering the votes, I didn't bother w KSH #9 becoz he's not in top 3 for me,

My choices are made for their "quality" and popularity/fame. It will do our girl more good than bad. #9 is considered a big star and he's not a bad actor. Pairing up with him probably will pave the way for more people to know and appreciate her. :w00t:

Whoever worthy in terms of acting chops, star power and considerable height are welcome to come and be bowled over by her. :lol:

Me as a spoilt brat fan is fussy and picky. No any Tom, D or Harry for our baby Hyesun please.:sweatingbullets:   L is already not going down too well with me but considering he's got that bit of star power and that she's already accepted so I will tell myself it's never going to get any worse than that you-know-who co-star (no offense if his fans sees this though i doubt there are any in this room hahaha... but I'm direct and don't wish to minced my words) :P

Added: Just saw this news!!!

http://news.tongplus.com/site/data/html_dir/2019/01/02/2019010280166.html

드라마 시청률 보증수표! 믿고 보는 배우 3위 '신혜선' 2위 '서현진', 1위는?

Drama ratings guaranteed... No.3!

Our RATINGS queen :thumbsup:

• Like 5