5 hours ago, meechuttso said:

The point of my rant here is that in 2 short years since most of us here started hearing the name Shin Hye-Sun, she has now become a household name! And in terms of qualifications, many on the list of 9 men coming back this year, well, they are the ones rather under-qualified, so to speak, if I were the PD and was going thru their proverbial Korean 'specs' to match as a cast member across Shin Hye-Sun in a role!

Those 9 men should have spent the past two years cowmoding their acting careers, rather than frolicking about the South Korean wilderness, wearing berets!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Oh...I am so happy reading this one. :innocent:

http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=227967

qVwvLwa.jpg

(now we can see more news articles using her photos from awards ceremony which I am really glad that it means people now appreciate both her acting and appearance).

(from google translation)

It is anticipated that the appeal of Shin Hye Sun, who has been greatly loved by the act of capturing the eyes of every work appearing in the drama, will be able to be seen on the screen as well. Shin Hye Sun has been loved by viewers as an actress who is believed to be acting with a stable performance in each piece. She has been featured in the drama as well as in the music video. This popularity has been recognized as one of the stars who received the most love from the fashion and beauty industry, leading to advertising and concentrating the attention of the public as a model of various product groups.

She already got attention on what kind of ratings and grades she will receive as a starring film. In addition, Shin Hye Sun's film starring challenge is attracting attention even if she can lead to a new era of women-centered film leading the movie industry, which has currently led by male actors. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Drama ratings guaranteed... No.3!

Our RATINGS queen :thumbsup:

Yeppers!

2019010201000077000004192.jpg Lovely Pic from that article.

Regarding the SKorean public awareness campaign - 'remembering the 100 thru the last 100 years'.

I think SHS's segment might air on Jan 5th. You can check here for updates:

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/culture/memory100/vod/

You can catch a glimpse of SHS in the last 8 seconds of the 1st one broadcast on New Year's eve.

http://playvod.imbc.com/Vod/VodPlay?broadcastid=1004166100003100000&itemid=1277353

@immorethant that IG post https://www.instagram.com/p/BsKA8USBpYi/ is funny.

The guy asks him what's the prize you covet? And he says, 'Best Couple', then SHS replies the same, 'Best Couple', to which the interviewer says, maybe you two can get a best couple award - Yes! It's happening! The meme has been spreading!

SHS❤️LJH - LJH❤️SHS

Speaking of dresses - this made me laugh! 5 year-old hand me down from Ha Ji-Won, you think? Maybe for good luck, maybe SHS is normally a chimney sweep in HJW's mansion and she got a fairy godmother to help her for the evening out?:phew:

EDIT

Cross posting w our busy-bee @immorethant - can't keep up with this grrl.

2 quick funny phrases and Korean lesson from your article (google translate is good)

여풍 - woman-wind - speaking of the continued trend for strong female leads.

Spoiler

신혜선은 지난해 ‘마녀’ 김다미 ‘미쓰백’ 한지민 ‘국가부도의 날’ 김혜수 등 신인부터 톱스타까지 다양한 배우들이 영화에서 색깔 강한 연기를 선보이며 불러 일으킨 여풍을 이어갈 주인공으로 첫 손가락에 꼽히고 있다.

and the title of the article and also the one quoted by @Ni Wen:

신혜선, 안방극장 ‘믿보배’ 영화서도 통할까

Shin Hye-Sun, family-room 'Mitt Bo Bae', will it work in theaters too?

믿보배  is short for '믿고 보는 배우' - 'trust watch actress' - like 'name you can trust' , watch without questioning if you see her name on the title.

Thus a new English title for oori-baby Shin Hye-Sun - it's 'Mitt-Bo-Babe'. :love:

Edited by meechuttso
mitt bo babe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Regarding the SKorean public awareness campaign - 'remembering the 100 thru the last 100 years'.

I think SHS's segment might air on Jan 5th. You can check here for updates:

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/culture/memory100/vod/

You can catch a glimpse of SHS in the last 8 seconds of the 1st one broadcast on New Year's eve.

http://playvod.imbc.com/Vod/VodPlay?broadcastid=1004166100003100000&itemid=1277353

@meechuttso  Thank you so much for the news.  I read some articles about this but because of google translation is not good and my Hangul knowledge is even worse, so I am not sure whether this program will be broadcasted on every day or every Saturday ? Also because the preview episode (ep 0) was aired on 31-Dec-2018 and some articles said that the 1st episode will be Kim Yu-Na again so now I'm not sure whether we will see SHS in EP 1 on Jan 5 (this Sat) or EP2 on Jan 6 (Sun) or EP2 on Jan 12 (next Sat) ?  Could you please help confirm , so that I won't miss watching it ?  :)

Edited - just found this preview clip. But still don't know when it will be aired.

And thank you so much for ‘믿보배' meaning :wub:  The hardest part of me learning Korean language is they always abbreviate the phase , no translation program or dictionary can help me with this. There is no such thing in my language, if I talk like this then no one will understand me :crazy: .  So no other way for me but just keep learning and reading more :P

SHS❤️LJH - LJH❤️SHS

YSJ ,  LJS,  LJH ,  L   now I get confused...:D  (too many L and J).

Edited - And wow...love this one. :wub: (I also think of making collage like this from all SHS dramas, but it will consume lots of time from me).  

Credit to this IG owner for great effort --->  https://instagram.com/duswjd0830

L28F3Hn.jpg

3HI8HaQ.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

So, SHS and LJH are pretty much definitely probably possibly going to be co-starring in a drama in Sept/October. 

Any thoughts on what kind of storyline it could have?

I'm hoping for lots of Product Placement!!

@immorethant Maybe you can get a hold of the script?

I'll post my ideas later...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

More clips from SBS drama awards 2018.

And some nice pics and gifs

(source)

RsAad.png

LJH :wub:  and  SHS reaction :lol:.

HarmlessDecimalIndianspinyloach-size_res

YSJ :D

DangerousHardtofindInvisiblerail-size_re

(Edited)

SHS also nominated for MyDramaList's Best of Korea 2018 poll (please help vote but don't take it too serious :P

https://mydramalist.com/article/polls-best-of-korea-2018-011013059

Best actress -->  Shin Hye Sun [Thirty But Seventeen / My Golden Life / Hymn of Death]

Best up and coming actress ---> Shin Hye Sun [Thirty But Seventeen]

Best couple -->  Yang Se Jong [Gong Woo Jin] & Shin Hye Sun [Woo Se Ri] in Thirty but Seventeen

• Like 4

Dv9r4AWU8AAp40P?format=jpg&name=smallcredit to @shinhsarchives Twitter 

These cuties!!! Yes to LJH and SHS movie or drama...I am all for!!!! LJH kind of gives me YSJ vibes though, but less of a nervous wreck LOL.

Why oh why does SHS only get to pick from this year’s military discharges? 

I personally want her to someday act with Won Bin, because I think that is her dream and was/possibly still is a goal of hers? 

I think she would look good with all masculine men like Gong Yoo or Jung IL Woo as well?

From the military releases this year, I would also love to see her with Ji Chang Wook or Joo Won, and maybe Taecyeon(based on looks/height only, next to our girl..have no idea about his acting chops). I love Kang Ha Neul, but am not sure if he will suit SHS....

• Like 5

On 1/3/2019 at 5:30 AM, immorethant said:

Edited - just found this preview clip. But still don't know when it will be aired.

Translation of SHS's words in her short segment.

MBC 특별기회

MBC Special Opportunity

기억록
A Remembrance Log(Diary)

여러명이서 다같이 그런생각을 했다는게...

The fact that so many people were altogether thinking in such a manner...

되게 당차다!

It's so Feisty ('ballsey', 'audacious', etc, 'small thing packing a big punch')

M B C
                      3-1 운동. 임정수립                         March 1st Movement - Provisional Government Established
                     100주년 특별기회                           100th Anniversary Special 'Chance'

신혜선의   기억 하여                                   Shin Hye-Sun's Rememb-ering
                      록  1919-2019                                                        Rememb-rance Diary   1919-2019

@immorethant I think it'll air some time on Jan 5th - we have to just check the first link to see if they keep adding new videos updated online - it'll probably be aired during prime time on MBC TV, but each will be 3-minute segments, with little celebrity comments. Because there are 100 celebrities lined up for the 100 people to be remembered (the 1st one with Kim Yu-Na said they want to remember the no-named / unsung heroes of the March 1st movement), I believe there will be more than 1 per day - 60 days or so till March 1st, and also probably aired throughout the month of March, if I had to venture a guess.

On 1/3/2019 at 5:30 AM, immorethant said:

Edited - And wow...love this one. :wub: (I also think of making collage like this from all SHS dramas, but it will consume lots of time from me).  

Do it! Since @kokkuri33 submitted his Dae-Sang 2018 winning poem on the 31st, we are all eligible already for Dae-Sang 2019 already, haha. We'll make sure whatever labor of love you pour into this or any SHS glorification work will be well used here and often. :P

13 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

pretty much definitely probably possibly going to be co-starring in a drama in Sept/October. 

Yes I bet on that too, for sure, totally, like for shur.:w00t:

13 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

I'm hoping for lots of Product Placement!!

You capitalist Pig you. Wait till the Chinese New Year to kick in at least, before you try to monetize! :crazy:

3 hours ago, immorethant said:

More clips from SBS drama awards 2018.

Great thing about the 2018 SBS awards was that SHS shows up first and often in everything!

2 hours ago, sunshine92 said:

These cuties!!! Yes to LJH and SHS movie or drama...I am all for!!!! LJH kind of gives me YSJ vibes though, but less of a nervous wreck LOL.

Yes it really is hard to keep our eyes off this pair!!

Somehow SHS seems to glow just a bit more next to him - I can't imagine why!:wub:

2 hours ago, sunshine92 said:

Why oh why does SHS only get to pick from this year’s military discharges? 

I personally want her to someday act with Won Bin, because I think that is her dream and was/possibly still is a goal of hers? 

I think she would look good with all masculine men like Gong Yoo or Jung IL Woo as well?

From the military releases this year, I would also love to see her with Ji Chang Wook or Joo Won, and maybe Taecyeon(based on looks/height only, next to our girl..have no idea about his acting chops). I love Kang Ha Neul, but am not sure if he will suit SHS....

Oh no, @sunshine92 you naive thing. Who says we only get to pick from the hard-up 9 in the fox-hole? We just wanted to imagine her with the hungriest 9 we could think of - imagine their delight to be paired up with her, even in our thoughts? Yes, they must be signing up for soompi accounts just so that they can 'vote' in our survey - pick me, pick me!! :phew:

Since you introduce the new fellas, we'll assign numbers to them also.

#10 - Lee Je-Hoon - the current one in the basket better than the 9 in the fox-hole.

#11 - Gong Yu <-- I approve

#12 - Jung Il Woo <-- wow, I can't remember the last time he was in anything. Is he still around?

Where's Won Bin, you say? Well here he is:

#00 - WON BIN - he'll always be Shin Hye-Sun's BAE because he really was before anyone else.

Somebody photoshop SHS in a Doosan Bears uniform with #00 Won Bin name on top - I'll pay you in bitcoins.

You say, "I love Kang Ha Neul, but am not sure if he will suit SHS..." He's my current favorite. I can't rest until I see SHS in a movie or drama with KHN - her former classmate (you do know this story I hope).

:sweatingbullets:

DwC4u7mU0AEeza-.jpg:large

Dv-RMRaU0AA-6hN.jpg

SHS looks down at these numbers from @Ni Wen's article - queen of ratings - eat your heart out, Park Bo-Gum, Jo In-Sung, Song Joong-Gi, Hyeon Bin and SYJ!:phew:

Edited by meechuttso
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@sunshine92 I love that photo, perfect match for both  :love:

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Park Bo-Gum, Jo In-Sung, Song Joong-Gi, Hyeon Bin

LOL @meechuttso  actually those are my favorite, can I add them into our SHS next-co-male-lead survey list too ? :wub: 

Actually I'm ok with any of those candidates because I know SHS will be excellent as always and I will love to see every scene of her acting. Having good script and strong cast are a bonus that make me love that drama more. So the one who should be more nervous pairing with her is the male lead.  And I'm sure all male actor now wants to be in a drama with her because they will have more chance to get award at year end. :P

However, about maintaining rating queen status...umm...knowing that both drama will be scheduled in May, I just hope 'One and Only Love' will not be aired on the same day as 'Vagabond' because it's so tough for a fantasy romantic drama to beat that top cast, big budget, action-thriller drama.

The bad thing for me right now is that I have to wait for 4 months until seeing her drama again. Hope she will still be in cow-mode and at least give us some advertisements or photo-shoots or MVs or variety show appearances during that time.

That would be all for my today's ranting.  Time for nice photos (credit --> smile_hyesun831   IG) 

WraKfEM.jpg

5bG75Fw.jpg

A poll from love4suksun IG

(princess vs angel :wub:)

oUTzSHC.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, immorethant said:

The bad thing for me right now is that I have to wait for 4 months until seeing her drama again. Hope she will still be in cow-mode and at least give us some advertisements or photo-shoots or MVs or variety show appearances during that time

Me too feeling blue that I can't get to see her on screen till May. :huh:-_- 

I hope she updates her social media  more often so we can get to know what she's doing. Surely going to miss her screen presence.

I'm now anticipating new casting news of a new drama considering if Dan My Only Love premieres in May and ends in July, she starts preparing for her next drama probably for a Sept broadcast. Because I bet she will still be in active cow-mode in the second half of the year. :)

You are absolutely right that it's not going to be easy for the ratings if her drama goes head to head with Vagabond because we are talking about the "most anticipated" (not for me though hahaha) high budget drama of two big Kstars. We can't help with the ratings but let's hope for the best.

• Like 3

Hymn of Death and Praise of Shin Hye Sun.

https://www.stellarsisters.com/dramas/critique-hymn-of-death-lee-jongsuk-shin-hyesun/

Some parts mentioned SHS (google translation from original French)

The whole thing is worth the detour for the moving performance of Shin Hye Sun.

Shin Hye Sun is the one that shines most throughout Hymn of Death . Very alive and expressive, she slips with finesse in the skin of this woman in love, who cash injustices without departing from her dignity. We are on her side when Woo Jin has the delicacy to make him meet his wife by surprise, after dragging without telling her he was married. Until the end, she expresses with as much subtlety the disarray of her character as the strength of her convictions. She is also very graceful in the costumes of the time, which seem to have been invented for her.

For the record, Shin Hye Sun shot Hymn of Death just before Thirty but Seventeen . We appreciate the contrast between the two roles, while secretly having fun as her characters fell each time in love with a man named "Woo Jin".

In view of the third episode, the best of Hymn of Death , we can not help thinking that the drama would have been more captivating if Shim Deok had been the main heroine. We would have liked to see her evolve more in the artistic circles of the time, especially at the time of the recording of her famous disc remained mythical.

hymn-of-death-06.jpg

I think the article writer must be a fan of SHS, because she put many nice pics of Shim Deok in that :blush:.  She also wrote other articles about SHS regarding 30but17, Elle photo-shoot, Snowfall MV.

https://www.stellarsisters.com/stellarmag/shin-hye-sun-pour-elle-korea-photoshoot-et-debriefing-dinterview/

https://www.stellarsisters.com/dramas/critique-thirty-but-seventeen-shin-hyesun-yang-sejong/

https://www.stellarsisters.com/dramas/still-17-linterview-v-live-ou-le-concept-de-la-promotion-2-0/

• Like 4

The most loved men and women in the name of newborn babies in Korea in 2018.

https://www.insight.co.kr/news/202596

The most loved name for baby girls in 2018 is 'Ji-An'  :love:  

Made me recall what @meechuttso said that her name became a household name , and now her character's name too.  

Hopefully in 2019, the most loved name will be 'Jung-In'  or 'Yeon-Seo'.  :wub:

Spoiler

QwwAIoL.jpg

R5uWBW7.jpg

rqmsDF4.jpg

( Another article that used her awards photo, I'm so glad :blush:.  Very successful MC role)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

What is the pic on the shirt?

Really want to help answer you, but I have no idea either. Trying to capture image and search with google photo but found nothing.  So I think you probably have to add this question into your letter to SHS too. :P

Have a happy ShinHyeSunday ! :relaxed:  Keep smiling , keep shining. :love:

Sz2T36Z.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Thirty but Seventeen is now #1 for 'Best Family Drama'.

SHS is at #3 for 'Best Actress' , but not far from 1st and 2nd place.

Ye Ji-Won (Jennifer) is at #1 for 'Best Supporting Actress'

SHS is 2nd place for 'Best Up and Coming Actress'  --> very close to 1st place, need more voter here, please :wub:

Gong Woo-Jin and Seo-Ri is at #2 for 'Best Couple'

Fighting ! 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2019 at 7:55 AM, immorethant said:

The bad thing for me right now is that I have to wait for 4 months until seeing her drama again. Hope she will still be in cow-mode and at least give us some advertisements or photo-shoots or MVs or variety show appearances during that time.

Patience, my Padawan.:ph34r:

On 1/5/2019 at 12:34 AM, immorethant said:

(google translation from original French)

Sure are a hard working bunch of minions here.:sweatingbullets:

20 hours ago, immorethant said:

The most loved name for baby girls in 2018 is 'Ji-An'  :love:  

Made me recall what @meechuttso said that her name became a household name , and now her character's name too.  

This is too funny. In a few years we'll call them all 'Johnny".:phew:

On 1/4/2019 at 3:39 AM, sunshine92 said:

. I love Kang Ha Neul, but am not sure if he will suit SHS....

Here, let me help. And since it's such slow news time again, let's make our own content from the archives stash.B)

giphy.gif This is from 'Angel Eyes'.

SHS is the young version of the main lead blind girl's best friend, and here she, knowing that KHN likes the blind girl, lets him know that tomorrow is her birthday so that he can plan something nice for her to celebrate it.:P

giphy.gif

Here KHN notices from the books she's holding and asks if she's studying to become a police officer, to which she says, "that's right, so?", to which he says, it "suits you well" (I wonder why :rolleyes:), and she just says, "get it right" (meaning he'd better not mess up whatever he plans for the blind girlfriend birthday celebration, to make her happy), then walks off. (He's all happy afterwards though, that she told her about his love's birthday, which he didn't know about.):w00t:

I want to see SHS do a different work with KHN when he's discharged in May. This was OK as her very early role with a few lines, but entirely dissatisfying if this were to be the only role she has with this most talented young actor (and her high school classmate). :wub: His 경상도 사투리 (hicky accent) was great, and AE was one of those rare dramas when the younger pair did such a fantastic job that they left a much bigger impact as the 'backstory' than the main grown-up couple - in fact once KHN and his counterpart left the screen it was so bad and the story so ridiculous I stopped watching it altogether.

Edited by meechuttso
Hey kids, this is the bottom of page 114 - somebody start another new page with a beautiful pic please!
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, immorethant said:

Thirty but Seventeen is now #1 for 'Best Family Drama'.

SHS is at #3 for 'Best Actress' , but not far from 1st and 2nd place.

Ye Ji-Won (Jennifer) is at #1 for 'Best Supporting Actress'

SHS is 2nd place for 'Best Up and Coming Actress'  --> very close to 1st place, need more voter here, please :wub:

Gong Woo-Jin and Seo-Ri is at #2 for 'Best Couple'

Fighting ! 

Hymn of Death is dominating, but 30/17 needs some support.

I've tried to create SHS fans on that site, with middling effects. My #ShinHyeSunday posts haven't gotten much response.

The SHS biography page originally said

"Debuted in School 2013."

Yep, despite everything SHS accomplished after that, her biography had only 3 words and 1 number!

So, I wrote a more complete one and submitted it... and only like 15% of it got posted on the site.

But, it does seem from 30/17 and Hymn of Death comments that site is becoming aware of SHS brilliance...

This is from 'Angel Eyes'.

SHS is the young version of the main lead blind girl's best friend, and here she, knowing that KHN likes the blind girl, lets him know that tomorrow is her birthday so that he can plan something nice for her to celebrate it.:P

his counterpart left the screen it was so bad and the story so ridiculous I stopped watching it altogether.

I dropped "Angel Eyes" as soon as the SHS% went to 0.

In my SHS letter, there's actually a screenplay about an alternate reality in which SHS played her "Angel Eyes" character for the entire drama.

Spoiler

(Spoiler Alert: In that reality, in 2019, inequality has decreased dramatically, and animation production has increased dramatically.)

• Like 3