[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

50 minutes ago, haymochi said:

i still don't understand why the princess is such a threat to the evils? Is she holding on to something very important?

Maybe coz ex concubine/now queen makes little prince believe he's her son so she & evil minister has more power of him in the future?...if princess tells him she's not his real mother it'll change things...

I never thought i would enjoy this much like i did last night :D...it was so funny

When he was hiding her in his bed and his mother and sister came in...all the mess...confusion on who she really is :lol:..it was really good :D

I'm glad princess realized he deserves to hear thanks for saving her and being with her in so many difficult situations so far...but she was still soooooo not ready to say it...how many times she tried...and how did it look at the end :lol:...but he understood :wub:

I got relieved she looks for that investigator most for her missing mother 's sake...it might be some romantic feelings involved but as i see it it was not the prime reason for her to repeat her escapades...i so wish her mother is really alive

First his sister...now his mother ...i don't get it...why r they so against princess?...bad reputation?...maybe but they don't even know her...just like they don't know that evil minister's daughter for who she really is...they just see a fake she lets them to see...their son & brother better not get their choice for him :rolleyes: 

Hate evil minister for forcing king to marry princess..but i like a new guy in line for princess to give our guy a wake up call :wink:...i want him to find out about her mother so he can help her...they'll have enough problems with new groom to be he doesn't need that inspector in mind as well  

Anyway...i see things will complicate more and more but i hope there will be the same amount of comedy ...and more and more romantic OTP scenes :wub: 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Ho, HO, HO what have we got here. Seems like a three-way horse race over a beautiful filly. Waaaahhh!!!! Min Hwan is a beaut!!! I could not or cannot yet rule out Min Hwan as just the messenger for the deposed Queen. The way the Princess looked at him with expectation and adoration in her face to the point where she seemed to have forgotten GW beside her and how instinctively she wanted to run to MH, makes me think there is something more. For me, it makes the story more alive... I like it although I hope the story stays well knit 

Yes curious..... how will the story arc unfold?

giphy.gif

Yet both GW and the Princess made me laugh and cry in this episode. Scholar Gyeon and the Princess are so attracted to each other but by Jove, they are taking their sweet time to confess and that is what makes them so funny!!! GW trying to loosen up the Princess with alcohol, yet he kept his feelings to himself and my guess is, he did not want to scare the Princess. He can sense that the Princess may act tough but inside, she is a softie. In unguarded moments, GW had glimpses of the big heart and gracious side of the Princess. When the Princess was asleep in GW’s bed and she was dreaming of her mother, tears ran down her cheeks, then GW reached a finger to dry her tears while he was standing watching over her was such a stirring moment. I don’t know why, but I wanted to cry. So funny though when GW denied having read the “Princess” book and the Princess chided him “you totally read it” If only she knew, he not only read it, he fantasized …..

Trying to deny their obviously attraction for each other gives the kick. Princess finds it hard to deal with her heart fluttering and going on a complete meltdown for the oh-so-handsome-gentlemanly-sought-after-treasure. Princess simply cannot suppress such powerful emotions, she's used to being obnoxious which is really a facade for her sorrow.

GW's feelings are that of a love-struck lover though they haven't surface yet for the princess to see. He is humouring her now like all lovers do. :heart:

But then there is the serious long-suffering Officer Kang, the brave, gorgeous and silent man who loved from afar. It is his duty as an officer of the palace to watch over the Royal Family including the Princess, but could the Princess not even spare him a thought? He was always there in times of danger. Or was it against protocol to thank the ones who served you? After all when the eunuch and the woman bodyguard were thanked by the Princess, both knelt and said ‘kill me instead”…. Or maybe because it will put Officer Kang in a difficult position if gossip started about him and the Princess? After all he is very close to knowing who is making mayhem for the Royal family. But it makes my heart ache to see him stare longingly at the Princess from a distance and for him to find the Princess safe and sound at GW’s house and walked away not letting the Princess know he was around to check on her. Maybe big mouth Eunuch will have a slip of the tongue and let the Princess know Officer Kang came a visiting and did not look good, looked in pain…..

Min Hwan in the meantime, we don’t know much about . What is his story? Little does he know he caused much suffering for the Princess, but then maybe he did suffer too. The story is getting better but I hope the writer keeps the story tight.

YEP ...... looking forward to the ride...... !!! Hope the enemies do not strike at our hearts .

200.gif#4-grid2

is it me or something is off in the flow of the scenes.. there are abrupt cuts somehow..

the leads have fantastic chemistry and even that cnblue guy.. i want to definitely see more proper romance.. but sthg is so so wrong with the cuts/flow.. its monotone.. instead of intense-low sinusoidal tone that the story demands..

On the other side,

lol any scene with umbrella and rain reminds me of the iconic kD scene from temptation of the wolves.. however, that scene (from sassy grl) was AWESOME!!!.. and i want some intense despearation from JW's character.. take the romance a notch higher drama plz

28 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

I never thought i would enjoy this much like i did last night :D...it was so funny

When he was hiding her in his bed and his mother and sister came in...all the mess...confusion on who she really is :lol:..it was really good :D

I'm glad princess realized he deserves to hear thanks for saving her and being with her in so many difficult situations so far...but she was still soooooo not ready to say it...how many times she tried...and how did it look at the end :lol:...but he understood :wub:

I got relieved she looks for that investigator most for her missing mother 's sake...it might be some romantic feelings involved but as i see it it was not the prime reason for her to repeat her escapades...i so wish her mother is really alive

First his sister...now his mother ...i don't get it...why r they so against princess?...bad reputation?...maybe but they don't even know her...just like they don't know that evil minister's daughter for who she really is...they just see a fake she lets them to see...their son & brother better not get their choice for him :rolleyes: 

@zagigirl.. here's your answer... ( sorry to cut short your post.....soompi rule )

@000231846597 wrote this excellent article.

One historical note for those who don't know though: marrying a princess was NOT desirable during Chosun era for nobility, since those clans could not have their members being government officials after the marriage.

This rule was set to prevent these clans from controlling the government, but it made any family who want make a name (obtaining "family glory" was an important matter for clans in older societies) in politics/ history stepping away from such a marriage.

That is why the king did not want talent such as GW to be a candidate as the princess' husband at the first place, for he (and his father) would not be able to work for the government after the marriage. Princess' husband would only receive a wage from the government with an honorary noble title.

However, rich business families (which were not nobility, and often got looked down upon for scholar-officials had a higher social status while businessmen were just commoners, no matter how rich they were) and noble families with untalented offsprings would be eager for such a marriage. Though I am no Chosun history expert (and I doubt Chosun official history would record much on princesses' marriages in details since it was a patriarchal society) I can image bribery happened to make male candidates more desirable than they seemed and princesses ended up being unhappy in a unsatisfactory marriage.

Yup marrying a princess is not favorable. I remember this happened in The Moon That Embraces The Sun as well. The king never wants the smart scholar(crown prince's teacher) to marry the princess as it will be a waste of his talent hence the little princess did awful things to make him be able to marry her.

i wonder how it will play out in this drama esp Gyun Woo's father who is also one of the King's loyal man.  Wonder how Gyun Woo will block the princess marriage with Qing's dinasty prince.  I don't want to see her crying and become a weakling.. i love the crazy princess and Master Gyun who is always amuse by her antics. 

Gosh these two people have the cutest dimples ever...:wub:

3 hours ago, haymochi said:

Yup marrying a princess is not favorable. I remember this happened in The Moon That Embraces The Sun as well. The king never wants the smart scholar(crown prince's teacher) to marry the princess as it will be a waste of his talent hence the little princess did awful things to make him be able to marry her.

i wonder how it will play out in this drama esp Gyun Woo's father who is also one of the King's loyal man.  Wonder how Gyun Woo will block the princess marriage with Qing's dinasty prince.  I don't want to see her crying and become a weakling.. i love the crazy princess and Master Gyun who is always amuse by her antics. 

Plot twist: Prince from Qing is GW's bff in Qing lol :D

Oh yesss the dimples. Don't forget cutiepie Wonja too. Dimples siblings

3 hours ago, haymochi said:

Can anything be more hilarious and class conscious as GW's mother trying to buy off Princess? Her precious son isn't going to marry a lowly maid whom she thinks probably seduced her innocent son. That's how it looks huh? Trashy woman crawling under the bed..... bwahahahahaha..Some more greedy for a rich pay off.

Ma'am Ma'am your rings are cheap baubles. She has treasure chests of precious jewelry...... SHE'S A PRINCESS.

Really love these kinds of comedic irony. On a more serious note, it does reflect social division and class consciouness.

I watch... I laugh... watch again.... drop on floor laughihg ..!!

For a brief second Princess touched Young Master Gyun Woo.... I think she felt electricity burning up her heart.

She let go when he woke up  , then......THUD.. !!!

GW all doozy .... he too felt the sizzling.

So cute the soon-to-be-lovers.

Joo Won and Oh Yeon Soo have great timing and played off each other so well.

Just came across these beautiful pictures. The tree of destiny. So majestic.

They have a lot of feels.

It is here where Princess longed for her mother.

It is here that Min Yoo Hwan promised to bring her mother.

It is here when she was betrayed and her life endangered.

It is here when GW carried her to when she was drunk.

I checked the original tree in the 2001 version . That was a spindly little tree.... rather uninspiring. Times have changed.

DCSS_3WUIAAyH7X.jpg

DCSTApTUQAADr_9.jpg

DCSTBDbUQAEXv5-.jpg

Spoiler

DCSTDabVwAAceU2.jpg

Guest AlexMao

Does anyone happen to know the name of the song that starts playing during Hye Myeong's flashback in episode 9? The song starts around the 11:23 mark. I initially thought it might have been "Because of You" which is part of the OST but it doesn't sound right.

Mnt30uv.png

As an aside, has anyone else noticed that they've started slipping Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D Major into some of the scenes recently (if you've seen the movie they used this piece a number of times as well)? 

On 14/06/2017 at 9:16 PM, misappear said:

Omg.. how cone i never thought about that. Yes our Master Gyub might know that prince and we even saw them battling it out in the long preview. Maybe who win.. will get to marry Hae Myung:tongue:

On 14/06/2017 at 11:52 PM, lavender2love said:

For a brief second Princess touched Young Master Gyun Woo.... I think she felt electricity burning up her heart.

She let go when he woke up  , then......THUD.. !!!

GW all doozy .... he too felt the sizzling.

So cute the soon-to-be-lovers.

Joo Won and Oh Yeon Soo have great timing and played off each other so well.

yes in this scene. Their chemistry is sizzling.... i was smiling like crazy when he touch his head and he just stare at her with that deep gaze..... not until she ruined the romantic moment again. Now i can imagine when Gyun Woo tries ro be romantic then our crazy princess will always ruin the moment by hitting his head/burping, etc lol... she needs to learn a looot from  Dog Master:tongue:

anneyoong chagiya.... allow me to join this fun thread..... :wub:

I've been watching this sageuk drama and it feels more modern and funnier than any drama I have watched....  

I'm laughing my brains off in any of the funny scenes.... this one is my fave so far... hahahahaha....

LMAO is it just me or that sensual erotic music background sounds like a horny mosquito? LMAO:D

On 6/14/2017 at 8:04 AM, zenya22 said:

GW trying to loosen up the Princess with alcohol, yet he kept his feelings to himself and my guess is, he did not want to scare the Princess. He can sense that the Princess may act tough but inside, she is a softie. In unguarded moments, GW had glimpses of the big heart and gracious side of the Princess.

I don't think Gyun Sabu was trying to loosen up the Princess with alcohol to just spend sweet moments with Princess.. To me it seems that Gyun Woo is really very curious about Princess's story- why she is escaping from the palace? Why she is looking for Min Sabu despite the risks associated with it? As it became his subconscious instinct to save princess from the unknown danger, he now wants to know the full story to be aware of the potential danger so that he can be more useful in saving Princess. 

When Princess was hesitating, trying and failing so hard to say a simple THANK YOU, Gyun Woo thought princess might wanted to say something about why she was chased by someone or what is the story behind her escaping the palace despite King's order.. This is why Gyun Woo thought that while drinking the Princess might open up to him about those matters.... But to his bewilderment the Princess unexpectedly said thanks to him for saving her life..and he became giddy with happiness just by that.. :wub:

It is true that Gyun Woo is enjoying his time with Princess very much now than before.. He finds her interesting and she is keeping his mind busy..But I don't think Gyun Woo knows that he is in the verge of desperately falling in love with the Princess..that what he doing for Princess are what lovesick people do for their loved ones. :heart:

But I think it's not very far.. Gyun Woo is getting closer to the Sassy Princess and unnerving her and he himself is becoming absorbed in her thought.. Ah I can't wait to know what happens when they know that they are very much in love with each other. :D

2 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

anneyoong chagiya.... allow me to join this fun thread..... :wub:

I've been watching this sageuk drama and it feels more modern and funnier than any drama I have watched....  

I'm laughing my brains off in any of the funny scenes.... this one is my fave so far... hahahahaha....

LMAO is it just me or that sensual erotic music background sounds like a horny mosquito? LMAO:D

Greetings and welcome @SeGafanladySo nice of you to share that video of a lusty HM ripping off his clothes...... if only it had been real and slow-mo and more silhouette to define seductive movements .... LOL That book must be really erotic to get him feeling HOT.

Yesssss .... and so funny the way you describe the sensual music ..... like horny mosquito? Bwahahahahahhaha.

We have met somewhere before SeGafanlady.

I have to ask @stroppysewhether she can translate the text at 0:47? Can you give a helping hand dear?

Also must ask @0ly40 or @Ayame if they can help to name the mosquito music.... in spoiler.

Spoiler

Also can our 2 knowledgeable friend help out here ? @0ly40 and @Ayame Ayame may not be watching this but you're an expert in the complete list. Thank you in advance.

20 hours ago, AlexMao said:

Does anyone happen to know the name of the song that starts playing during Hye Myeong's flashback in episode 9? The song starts around the 11:23 mark. I initially thought it might have been "Because of You" which is part of the OST but it doesn't sound right.

As an aside, has anyone else noticed that they've started slipping Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D Major into some of the scenes recently (if you've seen the movie they used this piece a number of times as well)? 

On 06/06/2017 at 0:19 PM, gerrytan8063 said:

Episode 3 

I like how they incorporate famous theme song as incidental music, in the beginning we have the slow mo using the rendition of Chariot of Fire by Vangelis which is often the piece used for slow-motion sequences and/or parodies. There is also a "haunting" Arrirang place in the background in Episode 1 when Princess "spew" onto Gyun Woo

This piece was famous done in the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwzjlmBLfrQ

@gerrytan8063 ......You are like a walking encyclopedia ..... would you be able to answer @AlexMao question about the music in episode ? See post above.

Archived