[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

GW  is obviously in love with the princess already (JooWon's stare is to die for).He is always worried about her and was so upset reading the letter from Min Yoo Hwan guy.

*spoiler* haven't watch it with sub but from the princess's flashback... Min yoo Hwan is not her lover? And the ring was from her mother. She thinks her mother might still be alive... 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Spoilers

Oh... Episode 9 and 10 are so goood... Enjoyed it so very much.

Aww...Gyun Woo is way too much conscious of princess already..He can't leave her alone. The way he goes after princess after worrying about her being in danger was a total give away of his feelings. But I have a feeling he'll need more time to acknowledge it himself. That's what makes it more exciting. :D 

RO66993589_w1000_h0.jpg

Loved the scene where he brought that smelly fish and acts like it's nothing.. Princess pretending to be cute is also very adorable.. But the way Gyun Woo overlooks her pretending to be cute and serious is funny. Master Gyun Woo has finally learned his lessons and already can predict princess' move... awww... :wub:

Loving the chemistry of Joo Won and Oh Yeon Seo more and more...:heart:

RO96019792_w1000_h0.jpg

Waiting for Ep 9 and 10's still from SBS.. 

& this OST... Love It! 

just watched the subbed version .......... love it.

We see the heroic exploit of Officer Kang .... love it too

And the wonderful GW vacillating between caring for princess and his feelings of pangs of jealousy which is all good because he was there where it matters.... to save her from the villain ...... absolutely love it.

This stinky skate scene is a gem........ Smart GW knows how to make her get up and eat. He understands her .

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ........ Bwahahaha.... I must try skate fish..... not !!!!!!!

I'M IN LOVE TOO WITH THIS COUPLE ....THE NATIONAL TREASURE-SCHOLAR-GENTLEMAN AND THE PRINCESS WITH THE SASS....

19120348_497918853882270_102915315716010

HO HO HO ...... I'm sure it did not escape anyone that the title of the book is SHADES OF GREY Joseon style.... Can't help laughing. The writer sure has a sense of humour to make a parody of the vibrant sexual activities of the young men.

14 hours ago, lavender2love said:

Wow ...... Officer Kang is loyal, brave and smart . That flying scene over the water and the sword play with the baddie is impressive . And that knife that went through the baddie's wrist is satisfying.

Oooooohhhhh ...... I like him.

OFFICER KANG ........ You are honourable. I wish you could be rewarded with the princess who is your crush. but nobody but GW is imperfectly perfect for the sassy girl

@lavender2love my thought exactly.. Officer Kang, You're really good but you are not Gyun Sabu.. :tongue: But I also like that though Gyun Woo is our hero, he is not stealing Officer Kang's spotlight while protecting Princess. This drama has this distinction of the characters. While Gyun Woo may jump in no time at saving Princess and do the cool fan fighting , he is still not as good as Officer Kang in fighting. Because He is a Scholar and Officer Kang is Royal Guard. They are both expert at their own job.

I loved seeing more of Officer Kang in today's episodes.. Liked him since My Daughter Seo Young Drama. In his previous works Lee Jung Shin was more cutesy.. Here he is all serious.. He is actually doing very well in this character. well-done Lee Jung Shin. :)

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

@lavender2love my thought exactly.. Officer Kang, You're really good but you are not Gyun Sabu.. :tongue: But I also like that though Gyun Woo is our hero, he is not stealing Officer Kang's spotlight while protecting Princess. This drama has this distinction of the characters. While Gyun Woo may jump in no time at saving Princess and do the cool fan fighting , he is still not as good as Officer Kang in fighting. Because He is a Scholar and Officer Kang is Royal Guard. They are both expert at their own job.

I loved seeing more of Officer Kang in today's episodes.. Liked him since My Daughter Seo Young Drama. In his previous works Lee Jung Shin was more cutesy.. Here he is all serious.. He is actually doing very well in this character. well-done Lee Jung Shin. :)

I am wondering though why officer Kang hesitated as if he saw something that made him recognize mystery man that is why he got hurt and mystery man was able to get away.....who is he and why did our handsome Officer hesitate? 

I know I'm skipping but I need gush about this scene from episode 9 before returning back to writing about episode 3  - a backlog caused by my exams.

This moment has cemented my love and endless admiration not only for this entire drama but most of all for the writer who has been gradually giving new layers and depth to the story and its characters alike; while doing it so subtly and seamlessly. There has been such a huge, unjust backlash pointed at HM’s character as people have been criticizing and bashing her for behaving reckless, unfit for a princess, being naive and risking everything for some lover… 

ibg8qsf.jpg

However, everything was completely different from the start - there has never been any lover - the ring belongs to her mother and she’s been escaping the palace each night, risking it all, waiting for her - because her mother is worth all the risks as long there is at least 1% change of meeting, HM will believe in that 1%! SHE IS STILL THAT LITTLE GIRL WHO WAS LEFT IN THE RAIN, CRYING AFTER HER MOTHER, MISSING HER

quxiMBk.jpg

And this is where the sheer brilliance of the writing and directing (and editing) comes in because the hints has been always there; there was always something quite not right about HM having a lover - the rumours, the gossips and her enemies said there was one but HM never looked quite like a lovelorn lover, Kang nor her servants were never worried about the return of a man who looked just a little too old for the princess. And just like that so many viewers, like the readers of the pamphlets believed what they were told, never bothering to doubt it, or investigate or be bothered by things that didn’t add up - it was in the news, it was written on paper so it MUST be the truth. Because that’S how rumours and defamation work - the author takes the just a little portion of the truth (which is the least relevant) - the names and the fact that she climbed the wall and spinned it, deforming it beyond recognition.

The audience might have had suspected something wasn’t quite right about the princess and her “lover” but no one could have known the full truth until it was revealed in this scene and yet there has been so many hints that it makes total sense and the revelation doesn’t come out of nowhere like in many other dramas - this is how you edit and write your shows, this is the quality of well-done pre-production.

quz0f0u.jpg

Agree she wasn't just getting out of the palace for the sake of being a nuisance and love crazed about a guy name Min Yoo Hwan. The evils created such rumours that fool the people, even us viewers who see her as just a crazy princess.

she only saw her mother leaving her in the rainalone  and that one ring  made her hold on to any hope of meeting her mum again. I also think the dethroned queen might still be alive and live in hiding somewhere. 

i really begin to admire the writer. I hope viewers will stop viewing this drama negatively t only after 2 eps  too and try watching the drama. Joo Won and Oh Yeon seo chemistry is so swoon worthy... gaah the way Gyun Woo look at her now is a total man in love. He even touches her face when she is sleeping in the next ep preview ~:wub::wub: His deep stare

the rating is still fine it's still holding on to 9.2%

So now we know that the Princess believed that her mother is still alive and believed Min Yoo Hwan when he said to meet him on the next full moon because he was going to bring her mother but it has been 3 years. So for 3 years every full moon she has been going to that place to meet Min Yoo Hwan hoping to see her mother. I guess her sassiness is part of her disguise as Miss Hyemyeong because who would believe that she was the princess, a girl who had the gumption to shout "I am a stalker woman" LOL. So the baddie dog of the evil Minister was sent to kidnap the unsuspecting Princess. Good thing Officer Kang is a good detective. He chased the flyer distributors into Banchon but was unable to enter as an officer. So he disguised himself as a villager and entered Banchon and he was quietly observing the butcher and listening. That is how he knew where the Princess was.I love the scholar with the Princess and they look so good together but I am vacillating because Officer Kang is kinda like the flying tiger .....rooooaaaarrrr.... the way he flew and attacked the minion dog of the evil minister. Go back to the palace and trust me..... and he has the biggest crush on the Princsee especailly the way he looks at her when she is not looking....That is the 2nd time he has saved the princess and he is so trusted by the king....

but what happened to Min Yoo Hwan? I don't blame the Princess for not telling her father the King her reasons for sneking out of the palace. How could she?

I remembered in the first episode, the King ordered no one can make mention of the Queen for 100 years in an attempt to protect the prince from the evil minister. I guess that's why HM princess couldn't tell anyone her mother is alive (Poor girl, she couldn't even share this with her closest brother as he thinks the evil Queen is their mother). And she wouldn't want the current evil queen to hear such news too.

I almost slapped myself yesterday when I realized there's no lover at all (Thanks writer-nim for this twist). HM treasures the ring so much because it was a gift from her father to her mother. Min Yoo Hwan could possibly have some news of HM's mother but forced to stop investigations by the evil minister, who is now using his name to lure HM out of the palace. Choon Poong seems to be always appearing out of nowhere and feeds GW with information. Maybe he has been spying the evil side and has a hidden agenda to save HM's mother? I just hope HM princess will trust GW and share her secrets with him. GW, pls use your scholar brains to help HM! Can't wait for GW, Official Kang and possibly Choon Poong to team up and overthrow the evil ministers...

Some Korean food culture 

35130333522_fc1d751c57.jpg

The stinky fish that Gyeon Woo brought to the Princess palace is the fermented skate (Hong Eo 홍어; 洪魚) & usually serve like a "sashimi" platter known as Hong Eo Hoe (홍어회; 洪魚膾). You actually eat as it is or it comes, & it is usually accompany with bossam & kimchi (slightly aged)

It is a dish that comes from the Jeolla province & it is an expensive dish. It is an acquired taste, as it emits a very strong, ammonia odour that smell like a latrine.

But eating with the combination of bossam wrap in kimchi, it is palatable as well as if you wash the taste with maekgeolli or soju if you prefer. It is also said to be high in chondroitin. I suggest that you have this dish in the colder climate as the dish will not smell too pungent 

35113575262_ec31d46561.jpg

A platter like this can cost W80,000

Iceland also does a similar fermentation process with their skates as well but they also have another which is the fermented shark but they don't come with condiments like bossam & kimchi, just take them straight & then wash it down with schnapps

Wonja and Princess's relationship is so precious. He is the cutest! And best cupid for both GW and HM :wub:

Also, I think this is also another "mini awakening" for the princess. I love the camera work here :3

(my attachments are still not appearing. why? D:)

Maybe it's just a few of us, but I never thought there was a lover. My theory was she was doing some spying activity on the people that were enemies of her father that caused him to depose his queen for his consort.  I also always thought the ring was from her mother. I have to say what turns me off is the princess boorish personality which is not really "sassy" and her awful habit of getting falling down drunk--so out of place for a period/historical drama. This can be a historical, romantically comedy without this over the top need to bring a 21st century attitude into the Joseon period (maybe  mid 1800). Even worse, if we are to take her 10 year brother's age as a compass, then it means she's about 18 or 20 years old--again, what is this "get drunk/passing out drunk" message that writers put in every single adult Korean drama.

I love historical dramas, I love these two actors--they are my favorite, I love romantic comedies, but I'm struggling to stick with this drama. I haven't seen the last episode, so I hope they make the lead more "sassy" and less boorish.

I only have only this much time to spare, like 10 minutes, before I rush off again.....be back after show...

BUT FRIENDS, I REALLY LOVE ALL YOUR INPUT....:heart:

Just a quick note to

@flutterby06 .... thanks for the comments about brave and loyal Officer Kang aka Lee Jung Sing. I wanna to know more about his singing now that he proves to be interesting.

@zenya22....ditto .... we'll discuss more

@briseis ....... superb piece of analytical writing . You your finger on the pulse of the story, the characters, the description. You write so remarkably well and your captures are excellent. Really love your fine writing. Will digest more later.

@haymochi, @sagaseed, @glee77,@hulya @hulya.23_d801 @ate, @0ly40 love your input..... appreciate your views.... !!

@gerrytan8063.... so impressive your knowledge of Korean nature like the famous 500 year old tree , bridges and now STINKY FISH. I must come back to second read ..... so interesting , GTG ...

@misappear.... love your views.... I have to call you a good buddy for sharing and supporting.

GUY AND GALS ..... I'M JUST HYPER SEEING YOU ALL HERE CONTRIBUTING but I have to move along  for my class. Be back later . Keep them coming.

:wub::wub::wub:

3 hours ago, glee77 said:

I did misunderstand, but on  the other hand, the synopsis was : 

And find out the real story of the princess's first love disappearance.

So it was the story that bought us here, not blind beliefs in rumours....

I mean that's exactly the point isn't it -  IT WAS WRITTEN DOWN IN THE SYNOPSIS "so it must me true", right? There is a disappearance and the person is someone who almost everyone only THINKS is her lover, but that is something the synopsis (smartly) doesn't say/reveal and as always people took the synopsis literally, as if it were the holy writ, and thought until the very end that it must have been her lover even though there have been hints that there is something strange about it, that something just doesn't add up - that was what I meant when I wrote that the audience did something similar to believing in rumours.

Personally, it wasn't the synopsis (plus I only read the one-liner about GW and a troublesome princess anyway) or story which brought me on board of this drama - first, it was the preview and the preview didn't really focus on the "lover" plotline - for me it was the whole way the preview was together which made me interested, but that wouldn't be enough for me to make me spend so much time writing about it and fall completely in love with it - IT WAS THE LOVE AT FIRST EPISODE for me, so to say, and the first, or first two episodes didn't have any "lover" plot in it, they were amazing as every episode ever since.

Wow wow wow today episode is amazinggggg. Sorry chingus, somehow I tried several ways but I couldn't attach any pictures :(  

My jaw is a little tired from smiling through the episode. The smile on GW face and the princess's awkwardness....TOO CUTE! So the King OBVIOUSLY sides and protect the princess (which I really like, he is so fatherly compared to Kings from other sageuk dramaland) But those dang minister and the queen won't let it rest, now even pushing for a marriage. It's really sad that marrying a princess is considered "not ideal" in that era. I really look forward to how they overcome that. I mean, GW did mentioned in the early episode that he may meet someone that's worthy for him to "give up his dream". He doesn't appear to me he is someone who's hungry for power, but the mom *roll eyes*. She'll have a hard time accepting that. 

And don't get me started on Da Hyun :angry: like father like daughter. You'll never make GW smile like an idiot like how princess does. So go awaiiiii! 

Right now I have mixed feeling about the next episode. It's rather clear that princess is falling for GW and Min Yoo Hwan is an "important figure". Though GW still didn't know the story behind the ring and would assume that's her lover. This week's episode is just too much CUTE so I think next week will be a little angsty, with marriage proposal and stuff. I just feel so sad for the princess. She is (in my opinion) such a strong character but ultimately her future is uncertain with all the minister's monopolizing the situation. Even the King has his limit to protecting her :(

3 hours ago, briseis said:

I mean that's exactly the point isn't it -  IT WAS WRITTEN DOWN IN THE SYNOPSIS "so it must me true", right? There is a disappearance and the person is someone who almost everyone only THINKS is her lover, but that is something the synopsis (smartly) doesn't say/reveal and as always people took the synopsis literally, as if it were the holy writ, and thought until the very end that it must have been her lover even though there have been hints that there is something strange about it, that something just doesn't add up - that was what I meant when I wrote that the audience did something similar to believing in rumours.

Personally, it wasn't the synopsis (plus I only read the one-liner about GW and a troublesome princess anyway) or story which brought me on board of this drama - first, it was the preview and the preview didn't really focus on the "lover" plotline - for me it was the whole way the preview was together which made me interested, but that wouldn't be enough for me to make me spend so much time writing about it and fall completely in love with it - IT WAS THE LOVE AT FIRST EPISODE for me, so to say, and the first, or first two episodes didn't have any "lover" plot in it, they were amazing as every episode ever since.

Personally, I was first drawn to this drama because I think the concept of a Sassy girl in a sageuk drama would be hilarious. And honestly I think they delivered very well. First 30 minutes of the first episode was a little slow for me but I kept my faith, because I know we will need to lay the groundwork for some backstory or it would just be a shallow romcom. But from second episode onwards, I'M SOLD! Totally addicted :D I've seen a lot of comments comparing this drama with the original movie. As much as I like the original movie, I think this drama is bringing a new flavour of its own. Why copy when you can create new and interesting content right? I like the balance between the sassy princess and gentleman GW. Our princess is badass but she also needed someone to save her richard simmons most of the time (but when it comes down to bickering with GW, she always wins lol). Also I like to point out that I don't find her without a reason to always sneak out ALONE. Remember the king's order to not mention about the late Queen, knowing our princess she wouldn't risk anyone else's life for her quest to look for her mother. 

While I'm at it I might as well make a list of other things that I like about this drama :wub: Besides being a romcom I think it has a lot of hidden message about the society. One of it being the flyers that spread rumours about the princess. Just like the modern days keyboard warriors netizens, defaming and saying whatever they like to idols/public figures and people actually believe in rumours. Though we all know princess is such a lovable person that treats her servants wound.

Other references that I find hilarious are :

- the blind dates -> do not trust social media
- drunk riding -> drunk driving
- the 10 stamps and 1 free service LOL -> loyalty card Joseon style
- the bag-showdown between the moms

Looking forward for more of these. These scenes really made me laughed out loud. And that's enough to keep me hooked on this drama  

Archived