[Drama 2017] My Sassy Girl 엽기적인 그녀

mysignisflower

I have a very different view of the princess. She is caring and she has depth, she is real. She cares about the people around her. She was not the one who punished the servants. They did not get punished because of her. They were punished because the evil queen was evil she was the one who ordered the whipping of the servants loyal to the Princess, Even if the Princess broke the rule to leave the palace grounds, there is no reason for the evil fake queen/concubine to whip the servants. Evil queen is  accountable for her actions. As seen, the servants especially the eunuch are not afraid to talk back with the princess because she treats them more humanely. The Princess stuck to the scholar as she thinks he will be the one who can help her find her lost ring. Why isn't anyone talking about the manipulative little sister of the scholar? She had no right to take the jade ring I would say steal the jade ring since she took it in stealth then she gave it to a girl she wanted to impress and be friends with by lying to that girl saying her brother the scholar gifted the ring to her because sister knew the girl had a crush on her brother. That girl who took the ring doubting that the scholar really even thought of bringing her a gift. For me those two did worse behaviour than the princess ever did, they were both liars and insincere. If the sister did not steal the ring would the Princess and the scholar even be talking? The girl crushing on the scholar has her nose stuck up in the air and treat those below her class with disdain and cruelty. 

Even the scholar who tries to run away from the Princess at times, he can sense or see beneath the mayhem the strength, softness and sincerity in the princess. He is intrigued by her to the point where she is always in his mind. As for Officer Kang, he is a big boy, he can take of himself as we saw in his swordsmanship. But now that he knows the people distributing the flyers entered the Banchon village, what is officer Kang going to doe about it. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOOD ARTICLE. AWESOME PICTURES

Hope nobody posted this before. I would be grateful if Shelly M posts more fabulous pictures.

10 Scenes that prove the drama, My Sassy Girl is way better than the original movie

by Shelly M on Fri, Jun 02, 2017

64260b2e-2798-4b2f-a118-57a76cd21d61.PNG
1 1

This week, My Sassy Girl exploded onto the K-drama scene with action, laughs and a little love. Stars Joo Won and Oh Yeon Seo light up the screen portraying characters who are polar opposites that are destined to be together. Supporting stars Lee Jung Shin and Kim Yoon Hye didn't have much screen time this week, but we can tell a mile away that they are going to be major obstacles in our main couple's relationship.

I think the series is off to a stellar start, but how does it surpass the 2001 movie? I have found 10 moments in the first two episodes that already promise that this version will be much more entertaining. 

1. My Sassy Girl is set in a glamorous historical period. We all get a little streak of jealousy when we see the gorgeous clothes and hairstyles everyone has in this elegant moment in time. Every scene is an exquisite portrait come to life. 

0b50ec6c-a49c-4b77-8896-641f9691ffeb.PNG

REASONS 2 and 3 in spoiler..

Spoiler

9bb84a61-38e4-4ada-8b3d-78bdf902b6a5.PNG

2. The high-flying action scenes are certain to keep you coming back for more. At the very beginning, warriors were fighting against royalty when they deposed of the queen under false pretenses. The action alone should hook you. Maybe the sassy princess will get her very own high-flying fight scene too! We can only hope.

2e457123-202f-43b9-8322-4e2b0a40ba51.PNG

a54c9f17-1a20-460e-b857-1e0bc2de84d6.PNG

3. Gyeon Woo (Joo Won) had idol status overseas, especially in China's Qing Dynasty. Women were fighting over his portraits, had his image painted on their umbrellas and chasing him down the street! I think that takes crushing on your teacher to the next level.

0250e868-7158-479f-a4b3-e7e549e7cfb6.PNG

REASONS 4-10 in spoilers.

Spoiler

32a22501-fd3a-4225-9909-2611adf46e8d.PNG

4. His precious gift from China's emperor is sure to steal your heart. I wonder how many scenes his fluffy little friend will be apart of as the series progresses.

df1e0ea5-4230-41a4-bb66-2cebfaeab4bd.PNG

5. Gyeon Woo may be a scholar. but he's secretly a playboy that needs to be tamed. After he returned home from his 3 year overseas trip, he bragged to his fellow Joseon buddies about his version of living the good life. He can't meet his sassy princess soon enough!

1bb4fa90-d89b-400a-809d-9ed97c2e513f.PNG

6. Of course, our couple got off to a rocky start. He met his nation's princess when she was drunk, and she accidentally threw up on herself and him. When he took her to a hotel to clean his clothes and ribbon on her hanbok, the war began. Princess Hyemyeong (Oh Yeon Seo) is one tough royal! She thought Gyeon Woo was trying to take advantage of her, and she fought back. Royal bodyguard not needed.

c3d6dbb7-5a12-4915-b9cc-fe95f0f66ba5.PNG

ae235a68-cfbb-4701-9666-81dd85bd17de.PNG

7. CNBlue is apart of the cast! Officer Kang Joon Young's (CNBlue's Jung Shin) first scenes may have resembled a cameo, but we know there is so much in store for him. In his first scene, he acted more like royalty than the princess by placing her slipper back on her foot and giving her that Cinderella moment.

b09840b8-9870-4922-b743-aa9aaa033f2d.PNG

8. The bromance between two supporting characters unexpected heated up by episode 2. Gyeon Woo walked in on these two having an intimate moment while on his search for the princess. Who are these guys? What was their relationship prior to this scene? Those questions will definitely be answered in latter episodes. Right now, we are left to wonder.

f6b294d0-c67b-4025-a900-1183277bce9d.PNG

9. Gyeon Woo's sister takes the pushy mother-in-law role by playing matchmaker for her older brother. She tells Jung Da Yeon (Kim Yoon Hye) her brother isn't in a relationship with anyone, but she would love to become in-laws with her. That's a little too presumptuous on her part, however, I can't wait to see her go head to head with the sassy princess. 

6816a8c7-8aec-49c6-ae7c-a5bd49c1bf06.PNG

625b3a87-cdf0-4c04-95e1-8f9b1499438d.PNG

10. The princess might be brazen at times, but the ridiculous rumors about her make you laugh out loud. From her lewd debauchery to being incredibly spoiled, Princess Hyemyeong is the complete opposite with her focus on loving her family and standing up for justice. She may drink, however, the royal doesn't support the nonsense the rumors are spewing. 

64260b2e-2798-4b2f-a118-57a76cd21d61.PNG

This summer is going to be awesome! Which scene in the first two episodes made you believe this version of My Sassy Girl is much better that the original?  

Shelly M is an author and blogger. Follow her personal blog at BTSCelebs.com

I NEED AN ANSWER. ANYONE?

It it true the episodes have been leaked ?

I just saw this scene in a YouTube heading for episode 8, though it can no longer be viewed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLso4RRCi9LimlhKNsVIA

This video is no longer available because the YouTube the account associated with this video has been terminated.

That means that it is possible to view the whole drama online. Maybe even pirated copies. If so isn't that illegal ?

Just some speculations: maybe the jade ring giver was a relative or was a bodyguard to the deposed now dead Queen, Princess Hyemyeong's mom. The king maybe acting weak with the ministers because he thinks it is the only way to protect his family but could it be that the man who gave the Princes the jade ring is working for and with the king on a secret mission? According to rumors the man was an Inspector General and he was gone for 3 years. The reason I thought of this is that scene of the king shooting with his bow. The king said, sometimes shooting bull's eye at the target is not the main goal but to first aim by pulling the strings (something to that effect). Meaning one has to take action to get to the goal.The bodyguard beside him had a surprised expression. I wonder if there was more meaning behind that figure of speech, that he had aimed something but what and to where, or maybe it was just what it was and I am overthinking :huh::grin::blink: 

One other scene that caught my eye, is the scene where a man in a straw hat enters the Banchon village walks towards the butcher and they exchange secret glances. It so reminds me of TWDR (spoiler for those who have not watched the drama Tree With Deep Roots) and in this drama a mystery man is visiting the butcher's place? This is not only a romantic comedy but has some mystery associations too.... interesting...OK,that is enough of my speculations can't wait for Monday

@zenya22, Yeah, wondered too why her lover left or went missing. Is he really her lover but rumors said that the Inspector General was her lover. Probably, he isn't her lover but her mom left her that jade ring and summoned him to give her the ring.

@glee77, I'm looking forward to their romance too. I love the pic. where the princess kissed him. Like the forward personality of the princess. He knows about the rumors that she has a lover, that's why in the pic. seems like the princess initiated the kiss. He is a gentleman. 

Don't you love the smile of the prince? So cute, right? :)    

First of all, I'm sorry I'm so far behind in my commentaries but I have exams so I needed to basically forget everything else because it would distract me.

Also, I'd like to thank @lavender2love for all your lovely comments and your insights and questions you are asking me - I think HM is extremely fascinating character, or to be more specific an extraordinary female lead, and her and her personality and motivations are definitely something I want to write about in more detail once I manage to get to the scenes which hint on it the most.

One of the zillion things I adore about My Sassy Girl, particularly during these initial stages, is how it manages to turn all these highly romantic moments which would be in any other kdrama accompanied by some equally romantic OST song into such hilarious failures - their first meeting on the bridge, HM vomitting on GW after he saved her later and now this, they fall onto a bed together and he is looking at her, seemingly captivated, and then he is like “hell, no” AND PROCEEDS TO WASH HER VOMIT FROM HIS CLOTHES. I believe this is the appropriate moment for the meme “FIND YOURSELF A MAN LIKE GW, WHO WILL WASH HIS OWN CLOTHES AND THEN EVEN YOURS” - really, this show is the best thing ever.

ppCx5qT.jpg

Watching the cleanliness-loving GW retching is a sight to behold and it’s clear that he would gladly stay away from HW, a woman covered in her own vomit, however, he doesn’t and not because he likes her but because he is a good man and a real gentleman. It’s hysteric to watch him as he tries to compromise between being a gentleman and his reluctance to touch the vomit directly while he’s trying so valiantly and hilariousl to blow it away.  

aW60R2v.jpg

Coming back to the way the show always turns the romantic scenes into something funny, I love it because it frees the OTP from the romantic cliché where in sageuk most of the ships are destined because they are the sun and the moon and the stars basically aligned for them to be together and each of their meetings is loaded with it. Whereas in MSG, these hilarious failures infuse the relationship with a certain degree of realism because in RL people more often than not mess it up one way or another. HM and GW are not fated or star-crossed, they are just two people who accidently met one day and as it often happens their lives start getting entangled.

QVm1aOo.jpg

MSG is such an off-beat, unconventional and non-traditional sageuk and it shows in every part and element of the story, even more so in the romance department - the OTP is not star-crossed, there is no social divide separating them, on the contrary, GW is high-born enough to be considered a first-choice candidate for HM’s husband. And even the king would have approve of him but with GW’s talent he has other plans in store for him and marrying HM would thwart all of GW’s great prospects as husbands of princesses are by law forbidden from holding governmental position.

2y7KvpO.jpg

This is why the it was such a brilliant idea to set the whole story during the reign of a completely fictional king, actually, the writer went even futher because she basically created an ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE OF JOSEON with a fictional royal family yet it still is real Joseon in everything that truly matters - THE RULES, LAWS, INJUSTICES, COSTUMES,… So while MSG might have a relatively small fandom (which I would compare to that of a normal sageuk), this fact allows people who usually avoid or don’t like the sageuk genre enjoy the show so much. While on the other hand, the drama contains so many references to actual history and meta about traditional sageuk that it’s a fun ride for every sageuk lover to find all these hints and references. This story-telling technique and solution is simple and brilliant and it’s the first time any sageuk has ever done it and and actually delivered it.

kxOyGyO.jpg

For instance, the story is clearly set somewhere between the end of the 17th and the beginning of the 19th century and immediately in episode 1 the events lead to the original Queen being deposed and Concubine Park becoming Queen as a result - that’s actually a reference to Jang Ok Jung becoming Queen and later being deposed which made Sukjong pass a law which forbade concubines from becoming queens because of the dangers such power-struggle posed. Therefore Concubine Park’s ascession to the Queen’s position was possible precisely because the story takes place in an AU.

ANOTHER AWESOME POST FROM @briseis

Briseis lights up the thread with her  bright , refreshing description and a rich store of knowledge. Shes sees things from a different perspective and has this talent of fleshing out the characters and making the drama come to life. You jut can't help looking through her glasses and get enthralled by her insight

22 hours ago, briseis said:

First of all, I'm sorry I'm so far behind in my commentaries but I have exams so I needed to basically forget everything else because it would distract me.

Wow..... are you a literary student? I thought you could be a writer because you write so well. I'm sure you ace in your exams.

Also, I'd like to thank @lavender2love for all your lovely comments and your insights and questions you are asking me - I think HM is extremely fascinating character, or to be more specific an extraordinary female lead, and her and her personality and motivations are definitely something I want to write about in more detail once I manage to get to the scenes which hint on it the most.

Love your style and your wonderful understanding of characters like no other. It's an honour to be on the same space as you reading your delightful article. Not to mention the cutest pictures. :wub:

One of the zillion things I adore about My Sassy Girl, particularly during these initial stages, is how it manages to turn all these highly romantic moments which would be in any other kdrama accompanied by some equally romantic OST song into such hilarious failures - their first meeting on the bridge, HM vomitting on GW after he saved her later and now this, they fall onto a bed together and he is looking at her, seemingly captivated, and then he is like “hell, no” AND PROCEEDS TO WASH HER VOMIT FROM HIS CLOTHES. I believe this is the appropriate moment for the meme “FIND YOURSELF A MAN LIKE GW, WHO WILL WASH HIS OWN CLOTHES AND THEN EVEN YOURS” - really, this show is the best thing ever.

Watching the cleanliness-loving GW retching is a sight to behold and it’s clear that he would gladly stay away from HW, a woman covered in her own vomit, however, he doesn’t and not because he likes her but because he is a good man and a real gentleman. It’s hysteric to watch him as he tries to compromise between being a gentleman and his reluctance to touch the vomit directly while he’s trying so valiantly and hilariousl to blow it away.  

That's so cool, describing GW as a a good man and a real gentleman. Nice. !!

Coming back to the way the show always turns the romantic scenes into something funny, I love it because it frees the OTP from the romantic cliché where in sageuk most of the ships are destined because they are the sun and the moon and the stars basically aligned for them to be together and each of their meetings is loaded with it. Whereas in MSG, these hilarious failures infuse the relationship with a certain degree of realism because in RL people more often than not mess it up one way or another. HM and GW are not fated or star-crossed, they are just two people who accidently met one day and as it often happens their lives start getting entangled.

True ....... in RL people are not perfect . GW and HM have that of entanglement provide lots of outrageous but cute moments

Thank you Briseis .

SO GOOD ....... I'M ON A ROLL.

I BARELY COMMENTED ON @briseis EARLIER POST AND ANOTHER AWESOME ONE POPS UP.

KDrama life is good. Thank you .

34 minutes ago, briseis said:

MSG is such an off-beat, unconventional and non-traditional sageuk and it shows in every part and element of the story, even more so in the romance department - the OTP is not star-crossed, there is no social divide separating them, on the contrary, GW is high-born enough to be considered a first-choice candidate for HM’s husband. And even the king would have approve of him but with GW’s talent he has other plans in store for him and marrying HM would thwart all of GW’s great prospects as husbands of princesses are by law forbidden from holding governmental position.

Interesting ...... !!!

This is why the it was such a brilliant idea to set the whole story during the reign of a completely fictional king, actually, the writer went even futher because she basically created an ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE OF JOSEON with a fictional royal family yet it still is real Joseon in everything that truly matters - THE RULES, LAWS, INJUSTICES, COSTUMES,… So while MSG might have a relatively small fandom (which I would compare to that of a normal sageuk), this fact allows people who usually avoid or don’t like the sageuk genre enjoy the show so much. While on the other hand, the drama contains so many references to actual history and meta about traditional sageuk that it’s a fun ride for every sageuk lover to find all these hints and references. This story-telling technique and solution issimple and brilliant and it’s the first time any sageuk has ever done it and and actually delivered it. .......

For instance, the story is clearly set somewhere between the end of the 17th and the beginning of the 19th century and immediately in episode 1 the events lead to the original Queen being deposed and Concubine Park becoming Queen as a result - that’s actually a reference to Jang Ok Jung becoming Queen and later being deposed which made Sukjong pass a law which forbade concubines from becoming queens because of the dangers such power-struggle posed. Therefore Concubine Park’s ascession to the Queen’s position was possible precisely because the story takes place in an AU.

Really enjoying reading your informative post. Refreshing in every way.  Thanks with appreciation.

Gyun Woo has the most adorable, functional and well-adjusted family in the history of sageuk! I adore them all and their whole dynamic (also thanks to the perfect cast and acting) - the strict but kind dad who can’t be angry at his son longer than a minute, hilariously doting mum who never fails to jump to her son’s defense, mischieveous little sister and cute puppy - everyone loves him and dotes on him, including the servants.

PLCkP64.jpg

I pray to drama gods each day that nothing bed ever happens to them.

HLBiWVs.jpg

The scene where GW comes home after a whole night out, his clothes a complete mess is awesome.

tr4NN28.jpg

Talking about the spoiler pictures, they are so important and awesome because:

- first, it’s HER who kisses him

- second, this means we are guaranteed at least 2 kisses (which is already a premium level for a sageuk)! YAY!

- finaly, HM is wearing an apron so she is either taking care of the sick, or more likely, WORKING!!!

tumblr_orengmpT5m1s8t96qo2_1280.jpgtumblr_orengmpT5m1s8t96qo1_1280.jpg

Hello all! Silent lurker here. Haven't been active until I started following 3 on-going dramas lately. I'm surprised it's so quiet here. I honestly love this drama to bits! Pretty and colourful sageuk outfits, gorgeous cinematography and cute leads to boot! What is there not to love about? I usually like watching sageuk because of the beautiful settings but I also hate watching sageuk because it will most likely be melo due to the historical fact. But this is just PERFECT! Dropping by to spread some love :heart: New episode tonight Yay! 

Oh @briseis love the gems you dish out..... Really my viewing just leaps by notches.

You have enormous talent .

I like GW's messy clothes, a comic moment given his impeccable upbringing...... hee!

Gyun Woo has the most adorable, functional and well-adjusted family in the history of sageuk!

The scene where GW comes home after a whole night out, his clothes a complete mess is awesome.

tr4NN28.jpg&key=fd42ea5fcdb9220c08d8196d

- first, it’s HER who kisses him

- second, this means we are guaranteed at least 2 kisses (which is already a premium level for a sageuk)! YAY!

- finaly, HM is wearing an apron so she is either taking care of the sick, or more likely, WORKING!!!

Can't wait..... !!

While waiting for another episode ........ listening to English subbed OST ( just to let you know that the many videos you posted are not available for copyright reasons. I apologise if I repeat )

Nice !! Nice !!

【Kor/Chn/Eng】韓中英 《엽기적인 그녀》(My Sassy Girl我的野蠻女友) OST Part.1《그대이기에》 (Because It’s You因為是你) -더 원

Eileen Hsu

Because It`s You THE ONE. english sub & español My Sassy girl OST 1

Archived