[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Hello Worldiz!

I'd like to inform you guys that I have started the topic at shippers paradise for our couple

the main page is being construction as of the moment, feel free to suggest other names for our couple, i initially had them as KangJoo/Manhwa/.Worldly Couple

you can actually start spazzing about our couple right about now :) 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sunl0ver said:

@Adnana  @LanA 
I read the explanations about how YJ is pulled into W-world - by KC thinking of YJ. Everything fits for me except : When KC was in Han River, he was floating for two months. Don't know why he only thought of YJ at the precise moment she was in toilet after blind date :blink:

@sunl0ver

As a general rule, YJ is pulled into the webtoon by the force of KC's will, when he's thinking of her. This was stated explicitly in the drama.

The 2 instances where this rule doesn't seem to fit are exceptional situations:

Exception No. 1) The 1st time, on the rooftop. KC lay dying and his unflinching will to survive opened up the portal to the real world, through which KC physically grabbed first Dad, and then YJ into the webtoon (as potential life saviors). After her first entry, YJ didn't have to be grabbed physically anymore, because KC had made her the heroine (the key to his life)>>>the rule above (in bold) went into effect for each subsequent reentry.

Exception No. 2--Not really an exception after all, or not completely) The situation you mentioned, in the water. Here's the thing: we know (KC confirmed it in episode 7) that during his last moments, submerged in the water, KC was thinking of YJ. But as the webtoon stopped, KC's thoughts froze as well, so YJ wouldn't be pulled in anymore. When time restarts, and KC unfreezes even for a moment, YJ is pulled in. That's why she appeared in the prison the moment KC was saved from the river.

What does it mean, then, that she was also momentarily pulled in the river where KC was submerged? It must be, that the webtoon/time unfroze for a moment, enough for KC's thoughts to pull her in. I'm speculating, but it's the only thing that makes sense within the established framework of rules.

Why at that moment, as you pointed out, and not at any other time during the 2 months after KC jumped from the bridge? It must be because that was the moment when, as YJ told Soo-bong, something changed. (We can speculate it has to do with the activity of No-face.) At any rate, the webtoon unfroze for an instant--enough to allow the chyron change from "The End" to "To be Continued"; enough to allow for YJ to be drawn in. It was a coincidence that this happened while YJ was on a blind date.

Why in that place, though? Why was YJ pulled into the river? She usually reenters the webtoon at her last location from where she disappeared. We can only guess that this time, as an exception, she was pulled into the river because (1) since the webtoon world was still otherwise suspended, there was no other place to go except to the one person (and main character) whose thoughts were calling her; and/or (2) the webtoon needed to show KC so that YJ would realize that he can be saved. My theory here: I believe more and more that the webtoon itself is sentient to some degree. I mean, it's drawing itself, first of all. It may also be able to manipulate events sightly so that it can go on (hur! survive). And for that, it needed its hero KC to survive. KC couldn't and didn't want to save himself, so outside help was needed. Ergo YJ was pulled in, baited with the image of KC, and thus pushed into providing the help required.

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, nonski said:

still sick chingu but hopefully soonest i will be fine...

mian but that was not the pic, he has no coat on that pic, i think it was a still during his conversation with Mr. Son., there were two pics you posted, i think. mian for the bother.

@wackeemarie chingu that's right, we'll just have to be positive.  i am fully prepared for a one or no episode next week.  in as much as we love to watch W, we should also consider that Koreans consider their athletes competing like this in Rio as a matter of national pride.  and as said earlier, they take their Olympics seriously.  anyways, Olympics only happen once every four years.

There is already one page of LJS & HHY in shipper thread.. It is named 'Honey Couple' .. Here is the link-

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, sunl0ver said:

@Adnana 
Wedding Rings 
There are many close-up shots of the wedding rings. I think the ring will re-appear to viewers as the ring on the decomposed body retrieved from Han River. If the scene includes YJ, she will recall seeing it and knows what happened "in future".

@sunl0ver

I don't understand why so many people keep insisting that the decomposed, ring-wearing corpse in the Han River could have anything at all to do with Kang Chul. I really don't get it.

First of all, KC and YJ only start wearing rings in episode 7, after the whole drowning incident is solved. The man with the ring from Han River can’t be KC because, at the time that KC jumped into the water in episode 6, he plain and simple wasn’t wearing a ring (yet) because he wasn’t married to YJ (yet).

Simple logic: a ringless, river-jumping KC can NOT transform into a ring-wearing corpse in the river. Unless someone followed him into the river and put the ring on him after he drowned. And that's... I mean, come on!

Also, sequentiality of events! Time flows forward, not backward.

Consider this sequence of events: (0) -> (1) -> (2) -> (3)

(0) Moment zero. Ringless KC jumps into the river.

(1) 1 month later. A corpse with a ring is pulled from the river.

(2) 2 months later. Ringless KC is pulled from the river alive

(3) 2 months+a few days later: KC starts wearing a ring

An event (0) can never exist after Event (3) (because of the ring's presence), and event (1) doesn't happen AFTER event (3) (it happens BEFORE); ergo the corpse is NOT KC.

Also, the moment KC jumped in the river, he returned to the webtoon. Had they searched the entire Han River top to bottom in the real world, they could never have found him.

Also, when YJ received the marriage ring in episode 7, she did NOT have a shocked "Aha!"-moment where she recognized the ring as a pair with the one the corpse in episode 6 was wearing.

At most--and this is a huge stretch--the whole river corpse with a ring MIGHT be foreshadowing a future suicide attempt (or fall into the river) of KC after he started wearing the ring. But really?

This brings me to my second and most important point: KC is the hero (and this is a romantic comedy/fantasy). He can’t die, especially not so early in the drama, and especially not by suicide–which, as mentioned in the drama, would be a dishonorable, unherolike ending for him. That's all.

• Like 16

@Adnana Great explanations about how YJ gets pulled into W-world :)

Regarding the wedding ring, it is just purely speculation due to no real "use" of morgue scene and YJ specifically mentioned about ring. 

You could be right and the ring on decomposed body will not ever be mentioned again and the morgue scene was a pure filler. I cannot offer any good theory which explains the time lapse. We'll see how the story unfolds.

{In the writer's previous work, NINE, the male lead was also killed. But due to it begin a time travel story, his younger self received the news through another person. Hence, viewers can speculate that knowing he died during time travel, he didn't make the travel.}

• Like 9

“W” Reveals Plans For Special Episode

“W” Reveals Plans For Special Episode

Popular drama “W” will be releasing a special broadcast.

On August 12, a source from MBC revealed that the next “W” episode will combine all of the major scenes from the drama in a 100-minute special. This special will cover the first seven episodes and will air on August 15 at 12:50 p.m. KST.

W special

The MBC source explained, “It was made for people who might have missed the original airing of ‘W’ and are having a difficult time keeping up with the story. It will explain parts that are hard to understand with subtitles about the changes in situations so that people can understand easily.”

“W” is a drama about Kang Chul (Lee Jong Suk) and Oh Yeon Joo (Han Hyo Joo) who develop a romance between two different worlds.

August 15 is National Liberation Day in Korea.

Watch the latest episode of “W” below!

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/12/w-reveals-plans-special-episode/

• Like 20

To soothe our longings for more W and to compensate for the canceled 4th episode let me post a compilation of anticipation posts or reviews that are floating around the international blogosphere. As it's going to be quite a few posts I'm going to divide the post into two...

Let's start:

Just Bananas About: Week of 7/25/16

Posted in Bananas by chunkeemonkeeato

Woah, I have not been this excited by the first 2 episodes of a drama in a long time.  Show, you had better not let me down because the world of W is not only thrilling and amusing but it’s so imaginative.

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.45.20_2016.07.24_19.11.12.jpgW.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.20.02_2016.07.24_19.06.52.jpg

We start with Kang Chul (Lee Jong Suk).  A 2004 OIympic gold medalist, the world was looking bright for the young competitive pistol shooter.  Until that was all taken away the day his entire family is killed execution style.

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.04.21_2016.07.24_19.04.14.jpgW.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.06.46_2016.07.24_19.04.44.jpg

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.07.33_2016.07.24_19.04.54.jpgW.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.08.05_2016.07.24_19.05.06.jpgW.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.08.11_2016.07.24_19.05.11.jpg

Kang Chul becomes the prime suspect as the killer used his gun from the Olympics to kill his family.  However, due to the lack of evidence, Kang Chul is acquitted.  However, he is left all alone in the world and contemplates suicide.  At literally the last moment, he changes his mind and decides to dedicate his life in finding the perpetrator.

full recap: https://chunkeemonkeeato.wordpress.com/2016/07/25/just-bananas-about-week-of-72516/

---

Monkey Poo: W is being postponed due to the Olympics

We know that it comes every 4 years.  And still, I’m bummed every time one of my shows are postponed due to the Olympics.  And so comes the news this week that Episodes 7 and 8 of W will be postponed because of Olympic coverage.

W.E02.160721.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_01.00.47_2016.07.25_00.12.01.jpgW.E02.160721.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.42.47_2016.07.24_19.18.09.jpg

Update 8/10/16 – Woohoo!  It looks like Episode 7 scheduled to air today was not delayed.  However, the programming schedule is still up in the air for tomorrow.  Stay tuned.

A lot of folks seem to be blaming MBC saying that they should have predicted this but all kidding aside, it’s not something that can easily be predicted.  They have somewhat of a schedule of when certain matches will take place but MBC and the other 2 major networks need to decide what games they will feature as they can’t overlap each other.  If there isn’t a lot of buzz for certain matches, then they can decide not to feature it but that’s hard to predict as well.  Furthermore, a network needs to always have a backup in place as it’s not typical for a major Korean broadcast network to do re-runs like we see here in the States.  Also, it’s hard to predict whether a drama will be a mediocre success compared to a breakaway hit so I suspect that these are the reasons why they decided not to delay broadcast of the drama overall.

W.E01.160720.720p-NEXT.mp4_snapshot_00.27.21_2016.07.24_19.07.56.jpg

Finally, if the drama is good, it’s still going to be good no matter when they air it.  I realize patience is a virtue and it’s something that I’m not very good at myself.  Plus, MBC may still decide to air a few of the episodes back-to-back.  Still, don’t judge me if you see me sulking this week.  I’m just gonna crawl back into bed and re-watch Episode 5 and 6… for about the 50th time.

full post: https://chunkeemonkeeato.wordpress.com/2016/08/09/monkey-poo-w-is-being-postponed-due-to-the-olympics/

---

First Impression: W

Another new show! And hello, Lee Jong-seok, it’s been some time since we last saw you!

w9

Main cast:

• Lee Jong-seok (from Pinocchio) as Kang-chul. The titular hero of a popular webtoon, W. He is not only a chaebol, but also good looking, and athletic (having scored a Gold in shooting for the Olympics in 2004). He also was a suspect for murdering his entire family, though was released later due to insufficient evidence.
  • Han Hyo-joo (from Dong-yi) as Oh Yeon-joo. Daughter of W’s author, Oh Sung-moo, she is currently a resident doctor in Myung-sung Hospital. By some magical hocus-pocus, she gets drawn into W‘s world and becomes a wild card after she saves Kang-chul from being murdered.

full impression post: https://nekosdrama.wordpress.com/2016/07/22/first-impression-w/

---

W: World within World

This is definitely a year where Kdramaland goes metaphysical and existentialist on us. First we had Signal, where past/present/future melds into one, and now we have W, and a discourse on reality vs. a construction of reality.

w16

I am rather curious on how W will end. Will Kang-chul step out into the “real” world (noting the irony that the so-called “real” world is a kdrama named after “W“) or will Yeon-joo be forever trapped (willingly) in W‘s world? Hopefully the ending will be satisfying — I’m not even hoping for a nicely wrapped one, an open-ended one can do, but it HAS to resolve the fundamental premise which the narrative hinges on.

full impression post: https://nekosdrama.wordpress.com/2016/07/29/w-world-within-world/

---

W: Welcome to my World

For sure things are going to get messy when a manhwa character steps into the real world. My heart goes out to Kang-chul — he finally learns that all his achievements, his failures, even his existence, are merely someone else’s imagination. And add to that insult: that Someone’s imagination is also the root cause of his trauma.

w8

It’s bad enough he had to endure the shame and horror of being accused as a mass murderer in his world. Now he revisits his pain by literally “seeing” (or reading) his family members shot down one by one by a masked man. A masked murderer who doesn’t even have an identity, or a face — since he is only part of “W“‘s plot and serves the simple function of creating tension in the narrative. (but…how did masked man get into the real world?!) I feel so sorry for Kang-chul. It’s a triple whammy for him. He knows he isn’t “real”, he sees his parents + siblings’ massacred again, then at the end of the day, he gets the answer that he will never catch the culprit behind it.

full impression post: https://nekosdrama.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/w-welcome-to-my-world/

---

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Tonight - W:Two World Much Anticipated Drama of the Week

Han-Hyo-Joo-Lee-Jong-Suk-W2.png

Here comes July 20th, 2016 and tonight, W, the much anticipated drama will be aired and we will see how strong the story will be right from the start. 

In the photos, Kang Chul (Lee Jong Suk) is bleeding severely looking as though he has been attacked, and Oh Yeon Joo (Han Hyo Joo) is trying to save him since she is a doctor.

Han-Hyo-Joo-Lee-Jong-Suk-W3.png

This is how the two characters meet for the first time, and it’s suspenseful right from the start. In the drama, Oh Yeon Joo picks Kang Chul as her ideal type, so fans are curious how she will react when seeing him in real life after getting sucked into the webtoon “W.”

---

Monday, July 25, 2016

W:Two World Episode 1 & 2 Summary & First Impression

w01-01368.jpg

“W” is a new Wednesday-Thursday MBC drama starring Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo, and is one of the many highly anticipated dramas of 2016. There’s a lot of pressure on this drama to deliver since it will be airing at the same time as “Uncontrollably Fond,” and it’ll be fun to watch the two male leads and real-life friends duke it out in the ratings.

W tells the story of two dimensional world, alligning together which allows one of them to travel to another dimension. Oh Yeon Joo (played by Han Hyo Joo)'s father is a famous webtoon, creating "W" with Kang Chul (played by Lee Jong Suk) as the mail lead. 

w01-00056.jpg

At 14 years old, Kang Chul was an Olympic gold medalist in shooting who is charged with the murder of his entire family. He is charged for a lifetime imprisonment. However, due to the lack of evidence, Kang Chul is only imprisoned for one year and being set free. 

---

Saturday, July 30, 2016

W:Two World - Episode 3 & 4 Summary

1.jpg

After being sucked into her Dad's manga, Oh Yeon Joo finally comes back and rushes over to her Dad's home and she only finds her Dad has packed all the things and Su Bong tells her that her Dad has fired them all and left. Su Bong then states no matter how he looks at it, there is something odd going on: He tells Yeon Joo that Kang Chul was dying but then he was alive. He also points out to his computer screen, showing a frame of Yeon Joo in the webtoon and realizes she is wearing the same dress as what's being shown in the screen. 

---

Saturday, August 6, 2016

W: Two World - Epsiode 5 and 6 Summary

Watched the episode 5 and 6 of W: Two World and I decided I won't do any more recaps or summary on this anymore, just gonna have a word or two about the drama and review on it. I'm sorry for not going to continue with the work, it's because until this episode I still don't get certain feelings, either it is love for the main OTP, thirlling to the story ahead or any kind of other feelings.

• Like 9

Spoiler

Impression posts and recaps - part 2...

W Two Worlds - Episode 1 Recap [SPOILERS]

Another day, another new drama. I am super excited for this one since the teasers started coming out. I am a big fan of Lee Jong Suk’s dramas, and Han Hyo Joo I haven’t watched much on the small screen, but her movie The Beauty Inside was really touching!

OOOOOOOOOOOO IT THE OLYMPICS honestly i didn’t even know this was a sport in the Olympics??? Pistol shooting??? wow

VERY SCARY LETS SEE IF HE GETS GOLD!

HE GOT A 10.9!!!!!!!!!! HE GOT GOLD!!!!!!!!!

WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON WHAT ?????????????????????????/ WHAT OH M YGOD HE MURDERED HIS FAMILY AFTER THE OLYMPICS WHAT?????

THEORY: his other self from a parallel universe came and killed his family, it wasn’t him (I’m only guessing from the plot summary of the drama, I’m not really sure whats going on o:

full recap: http://kdrama-hoe.tumblr.com/post/147731521537/w-two-worlds-episode-1-recap-spoilers

---

W Two Worlds - Episode 2 Recap [SPOILERS]

This drama literally blew my pants off last night - I’m not surprised if it does today too! *clicks the play button frantically* LET’S GO!

tumblr_inline_oap00iugAE1s2xbnd_500.pngtumblr_inline_oaowveF1du1s2xbnd_500.png

AHA! MY THEORY LAST TIME WAS CORRECT! NOW SHE’S PROBABLY GOING TO GO INTO W AGAIN AND FIND HER DAD I KNEW IT! is it official am i a fortune teller do i see the future 

tumblr_inline_oaox2lo8Hz1s2xbnd_500.png

sure you did. SURE YOU DID. Listen to your daughter cmon bro

full recap: http://kdrama-hoe.tumblr.com/post/147774434212/w-two-worlds-episode-2-recap-spoilers

---

W Two Worlds - Episode 3 Recap [CUTE AF BUT ALSO WILD AF SPOILERS]

REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST EPISODE? I BET YOU DO. THAT KISS WAS UNFORGETTABLE! I am so hooked on this drama it’s amazing - EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH! Let’s get started on the third episode!

imageimage

STILL CAN’T BELIEVE HIS ARTWORK UNDID ITSELF THAT’S SO WILD

SAME THIS IS RIDONCULOUS I CAN’T BELIEVE IT EITHER 

full recap: http://kdrama-hoe.tumblr.com/post/148076785347/w-two-worlds-episode-3-recap-cute-af-but-also

---

W Two Worlds - Episode 4 Recap [SUPER INTENSE 12/10 SPOILERS]

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! My friend told me this episode was really intense so I am preparing myself for lots of craziness! Are you ready! I know I am! Let’s go!

tumblr_inline_ob1xw7HJhg1s2xbnd_500.pngtumblr_inline_ob1xx0a6Ja1s2xbnd_500.png

whY NOT I WOULD PROTECT OH YEON JOO

So we’re given a scene where they’re questioning the nurse that tried to kill him… she says she doesn’t know why she wanted to kill him, everyone’s confused. Which makes sense to me, because the author just randomly made her kill Kang Chul… hm….

tumblr_inline_ob1y0vdFlj1s2xbnd_500.png

THIS IS THE SCENE. THIS IS THE SCENE WHERE OH YEON JOO APPEARED SO THAT’S HOW HE RNAOMDLY JUST GOT STABBED LIKE 75824782374 TIMES 

They now realize the all these near death experiences are random things that have no motive and can’t be explained - again, because the damn author is just making up random things to kill Kang Chul and destroy the comic

It ALSO seems that Kang Chul has come to the conclusion that he knows there is another dimension and that Oh Yeon Joo is from there… amazinggg

full recap: http://kdrama-hoe.tumblr.com/post/148129942022/w-two-worlds-episode-4-recap-super-intense

---

W Two Worlds - Episode 5 Recap [SPOILERS]

`*screams* I WONDER WHATS GONNA HAPPEN IN THIS EPISODE HE’S NOW IN YEON JOO’S UNIVERSE LET’S SEE!!!! I’M SO HYPED FOR THIS EPISODE!

tumblr_inline_obcm0rmqzW1s2xbnd_500.pngtumblr_inline_obcm267VRs1s2xbnd_500.png

KANG CHUL THATS YOU FAM IT YOU i wonder if anyone’s going to recognize him

tumblr_inline_obcm3oz9WZ1s2xbnd_500.png

dude how much money did they spend on these props oh myyy

so he rips open a book and basically sees his whole life through the comic book VERY INTESNSE AND EMOTIONAL SCENE

full recap: http://kdrama-hoe.tumblr.com/post/148428643824/w-two-worlds-episode-5-recap-spoilers

---

W Two Worlds - Episode 6 Recap [MAJOR PLOT TWIST SPOILERS]

Did the dad die? DID THE DAD DIE? Guess we’ll have to watch to find out! 

tumblr_inline_obetb8v6MA1s2xbnd_500.pngimage

*says a prayer* rest in peace

OH MY GOD he actually died DUDE KANG CHUL WHAT WERE YOU THINKING oh wait he’s not dead BUT HE’S DYING HE’S ALMOST DEAD … if he dies how is this drama gonna go because she can’t possibly date the guy who killed her dad… right?

full recap: http://kdrama-hoe.tumblr.com/post/148477289888/w-two-worlds-episode-6-recap-major-plot-twist

---

W Two Worlds - Episode 7 Recap [SPOILERS: cute x intense]

WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON WITH THIS DRAMA (in a good way).Thank god this episode was not cancelled due to the Olympics broadcast! I was like screaming for this episode so hard LMAO. Let’s go!

tumblr_inline_obq3gpaoL41s2xbnd_500.pngimage

REMEMBER LAST EPISODE THIS IS WILD 

So apparently KANG CHUL WAS CREATED BY OH YEON JOO BECAUSE SHE WROTE A LITTLE STORY WHEN SHE WAS SMALL I’M SCREAMING this is beautiful this is a work of art (literally hahahHAHhahHHHAh pun not intended DON’T UNFOLLOW ME BECAUSE OF A PUN I’M SORRY I’M SORRY)

full recap: http://kdrama-hoe.tumblr.com/post/148767761732/w-two-worlds-episode-7-recap-spoilers-cute-x

---

Bookmark the permalink.

W-Two Worlds Episode 7

vlcsnap-2016-08-11-10h23m16s532.png

While watching I had a feeling something really bad is going to happen, this is just too sweet and guess what… episode 8 will air next week.

We were kinda right about Yeon joo being the creator of Chul. She drew him, when she’s a teenager, after being inspired by a female shooter who didn’t win the gold medal. So who did she draw when she’s young?

If Yeon joo couldn’t draw Chul properly then how did she saved him and landed in his world?

full recap: https://mynewpersona.wordpress.com/2016/08/11/w-two-worlds-episode-7/

Edited by LyraYoo
please purge mulitple photos/long post
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, wackeemarie said:

Episode 1-7 will be on repeat at least over the weekend and flirty scenes from Ep 3 - 4 & Ep7 will hopefully be enough to tide me over until Ep 8.

And of course reading through the numerous posts and shared gifs,videos here.

If I am forced to pick a favorite scene in Ep 7, it would have to be their conversation in the police reception area. Both of them were right on their takes on what HJ did but on completely different sides of perspective. Plus that unexpected kiss scenes. Last week we were only excited about the bed scene but wow we got 2 great kiss scenes. I think we all died a little at that time.

I so agee it was so unexpected and you are right we all died at that moment.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Adnana said:

@sunl0ver

As a general rule, YJ is pulled into the webtoon by the force of KC's will, when he's thinking of her. This was stated explicitly in the drama.

The 2 instances where this rule doesn't seem to fit are exceptional situations:

Exception No. 1) The 1st time, on the rooftop. KC lay dying and his unflinching will to survive opened up the portal to the real world, through which KC physically grabbed first Dad, and then YJ into the webtoon (as potential life saviors). After her first entry, YJ didn't have to be grabbed physically anymore, because KC had made her the heroine (the key to his life)>>>the rule above (in bold) went into effect for each subsequent reentry.

Exception No. 2--Not really an exception after all, or not completely) The situation you mentioned, in the water. Here's the thing: we know (KC confirmed it in episode 7) that during his last moments, submerged in the water, KC was thinking of YJ. But as the webtoon stopped, KC's thoughts froze as well, so YJ wouldn't be pulled in anymore. When time restarts, and KC unfreezes even for a moment, YJ is pulled in. That's why she appeared in the prison the moment KC was saved from the river.

What does it mean, then, that she was also momentarily pulled in the river where KC was submerged? It must be, that the webtoon/time unfroze for a moment, enough for KC's thoughts to pull her in. I'm speculating, but it's the only thing that makes sense within the established framework of rules.

Why at that moment, as you pointed out, and not at any other time during the 2 months after KC jumped from the bridge? It must be because that was the moment when, as YJ told Soo-bong, something changed. (We can speculate it has to do with the activity of No-face.) At any rate, the webtoon unfroze for an instant--enough to allow the chyron change from "The End" to "To be Continued"; enough to allow for YJ to be drawn in. It was a coincidence that this happened while YJ was on a blind date.

Why in that place, though? Why was YJ pulled into the river? She usually reenters the webtoon at her last location from where she disappeared. We can only guess that this time, as an exception, she was pulled into the river because (1) since the webtoon world was still otherwise suspended, there was no other place to go except to the one person (and main character) whose thoughts were calling her; and/or (2) the webtoon needed to show KC so that YJ would realize that he can be saved. My theory here: I believe more and more that the webtoon itself is sentient to some degree. I mean, it's drawing itself, first of all. It may also be able to manipulate events sightly so that it can go on (hur! survive). And for that, it needed its hero KC to survive. KC couldn't and didn't want to save himself, so outside help was needed. Ergo YJ was pulled in, baited with the image of KC, and thus pushed into providing the help required.

As a general rule, i usually cut short posts that i would like to reply to but yours is so precious i don't wanna. :) 

I love reading all the things your wrote here.

I agree that YJ is being pulled into the webtoon due to the force of KC's will while thinking of her, but i don't believe it as the general rule.  See, it happened that way the second time she was pulled in and the succeeding cross-overs. exceptions you mentioned, the first cross-over and the submerging in the water are not exceptions to the rule.  i would even go to the extent that we have no rule, yet.   i believe that there are triggering factors that these cross-overs happen.  The first one should be KC's will to live.  But before we go there, there is already an underlying issue, how did KC developed his will or free will? All the events should be traced back to that factor.  As you said, the manhwa had become sentient itself or had developed a life of its own.  The drawing continued as things happened in the manhwa and not just that, it even submits itself for uploading for everyone to see.  It is not merely confined to SM's workroom  What triggers? KC's will to leave, KC's desperate need to see YJ are trigger factors but if we go back to the basics, how did this will moved on its own? How and why did the manhwa come to life? I still believe that there is or are some underlying factors that made everything happened as it is.

To add, after KC's crossover to the real world, everything at the webtoon froze.  When he was underwater, it is construed that the webtoon would continue to freeze as well even when the chyron "The End" appeared because he was suspended in time, in 'manhwa time'.  Since he did not go back to the webtoon, nothing changed there.  But, the big question now is how did the hooded killer able to crossover. Again, what factor triggers? This drama baffles me to no end.  Since the hooded killer's sole purpose is to torment and kill KC, when KC was submerged, he came to the real world.  He followed KC.  During the webtoon's run, he was solely used by SM for that purpose.  How did he come to life?  Actually, I can't put him in a box yet.  There is definitely no SM to draw him now.  He was even, I think, the reason that KC became conscious of YJ while underwater.  

sorry if my thoughts are not as collected as yours. 

2 hours ago, Adnana said:

@sunl0ver

I don't understand why so many people keep insisting that the decomposed, ring-wearing corpse in the Han River could have anything at all to do with Kang Chul. I really don't get it.

First of all, KC and YJ only start wearing rings in episode 7, after the whole drowning incident is solved. The man with the ring from Han River can’t be KC because, at the time that KC jumped into the water in episode 6, he plain and simple wasn’t wearing a ring (yet) because he wasn’t married to YJ (yet).

Simple logic: a ringless, river-jumping KC can NOT transform into a ring-wearing corpse in the river. Unless someone followed him into the river and put the ring on him after he drowned. And that's... I mean, come on!

Also, sequentiality of events! Time flows forward, not backward.

Consider this sequence of events: (0) -> (1) -> (2) -> (3)

• Like 11