[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

1 hour ago, starfield said:

Guys happy 500th page B)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have long given up on theorizing the mysteries in W because I don't find any of my theories intriguing narratively, and I do hope and trust our writer-nim to have a much, much more mind-blowing setup of the W worlds in store for us. 

Although I have no specific theories, I do have two observations that I can't stop wondering about:

First is that there is NO WAY Dad has already told KC everything about No Face. Other than the comedic and/or romantic scenes, not a single close-up shots of the character's expressions is without meaning in this drama. There were three shots of Dad that I believe indicate Dad is hiding a big secret from KC/us viewers- First in the last seconds of EP 7, when KC thought back to how Dad told him No Face was no one in particular, and then a super creepy, cryptic smile spread across his face. Second was in EP 5, when Dad picked up the pen to draw No Face as KC ordered him to at gunpoint, paused for a second, then dropped the pen and said there was no one (why was his first instinct to follow KC's order? Was he originally going to draw No Face?). Third was in EP 6, when Dad woke up from coma and they played the most creepy, wicked music to go with the creepy, villainous looks on his face. I mean, if Dad's part in relation with the whole mystery involving the Killer's arc was meant to have been wrapped up with "it was a mere plot device, KC did not really mean to kill me but as we have betrayed each other, I have no control over W anymore." then all three of these shots would have been bizzare and out of place.

the way I see it is that Kang Cheol really belived that there is no murderer per Seong Moo's words and that's why he wanted to die believing that he had no reason to live for when all he lived for was to avenge his family, but the hooded man calling him and telling him that he's the murderer wzas shocking for him which made him remember Seong Moo's words in disbelief!! and when Seong Moo raised his hand as if to draw the hooded man it was him trying to keep on lying to Kang Cheol knowing that Kang Cheol won't be happy to know that there is no real murderer for him to punish for all the pain he went through and avenge his family but then he couldn't come up with anything to save himself and was forced to tell Kang Cheol the truth that there is no real culprit for him to punish!! and I think that the father needed sometime to sober and use his brain to realise that Kang Cheol didn't really intend to kill him but that didn't happen right when he woke up from the the surgery for sure!!

1 hour ago, starfield said:

Plus, Dad did not begin W hating KC. The meaningless klling of KC was totally not what he had intended for in the beginning, and I don't believe he had not at least thought about who will be revealed as the Killer. It's been hinted that the majority of W's thirty three published volumes focused on KC and his sidekicks solving crimes through the W Project, so say KC has never come to life what Dad would most likely have done is to continue inventing new cases for KC and co. to solve until he or the readers become tired of the series, and THEN he would finally wrap the story up with the End Game of KC solving his own case. This is always the formula for similar Manga series around the world. Had there never been a Killer in the first place, what was his original plan to end the story with? If Dad really is supposed to be that incompetent and thoughtless as a story creator, W would not have been such a popular series because as far as we know, other than occasionally changing a frame he is in, KC did not invent any of the crime cases that make up the bulk of the series' content.

I love your logical reasoning but unfortunatly it only works for good writers not the dumb ones abd Seong Moo is the bigger example for dumb writers!! Seong Moo's plan for the end was always Kang Cheol's death and that's why before Kang Cheol taking controle over his life for the 1st time in Han bridge and after realising that he's living for real somwhere/somehow his only synario was killing Kang Cheol even when he knew that he's going against him wanting a proper ending for himself everytime he tries to kill him or make actions go in a way that doesn't satisfy Kang Cheol but still he had no idea how to give him th proper ending he wants since he didn't leave clues or hints to build the ending that way and is tooooo dumb to come up with something to do that and kept on trying to kill him desperatly!! even Kang Cheol faced him with that fact telling him how if he didn't take controle over his story Song Moo would have kept enjoying his fame and wealth while torturing him and making him chasing a murderer that can't be chased going though the same pain day after day!!

Seong Moo is a webtoon artist who didn't make it big till Kang Cheol started taking controle over his life, W wasn't a success from the start, it only started after Kang Cheol choosing avenging his family instead of dying!! he can have good ideas but that's not what makes a good webtoon, it's how to dal with it and explore it and solve it but I'm sure that Kang Cheol stoped him everytime Seong Moo wanted to take his story into a bad direction even outside of his family murder case and he solved it his way!!

2 hours ago, starfield said:

Second observation is still the corpse found in Hangang wearing a ring. I know people have said that time traveling does not seem to take place in this story and thusly the corpse could not have been KC's, and I am not saying it definitely was his either. However I am 99.9999% certain this is an important plot point that we WILL revisit in later episodes, because again in this show, if a plot point does not have an obvious and immediate purpose then it will for certain be revisited in the future.

maybe though I don't think so!! I think it was only to show Yeon Joo's concerne about Kang Cheol that she kept looking for him even after a long time has went by and to kill us with worrisome  before showing us that he transported to his world for sure!!

2 hours ago, starfield said:

Lastly unrelated to these observations, my wishful thinking is for KC to be a real person all along that somehow was inserted into the virtual reality that is W. Because it kinda irks me if he is just a random manhwa character that for no particular reason gained free will, flesh and blood. Unless Writer-nim has a very creative reason for this anormality to happen, which of course will be totally cool :)!!

that would be great and I can live happily ever after without worrying how they'll end up together and live there "happy after" life!! but even if not and wee will have something else going on and he's really only a manhwa character that would be great too and I don't think ther would be a problem with that since it's a fantasy so everything can happen and it doesn't need much explination than they would provide like his will to find the truth was what made him survive and take controle over his life or that his old link to Yeon Joo made them meet again...or anything else as long as long as they build it well!! the only thing I need from writer-nim is to give me/them our happy ending!! :wub: 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, irenetan said:

Cr: thejwbooks

I want our OTP to do everything in the book!! :D I'm that greedy!! :P 

I as swooning watching the video imagening our OTP doing all those scenes!! :wub: I lost it probably!! :lol: 

13879319_1074285929274123_7742056465293795815_n.jpg?oh=9ea8bad2d78c301abce7370e726390a2&oe=585E7BB7

cr:  Lee Jong Suk_JShine Fanclub

this picture is terrifying!! it feels lke thee hooded man is a step from reaching Kang Cheol and harming him!! :scream: :bawling: 

it's written on it "진실의 조각들" which means "peices of the truth"!! what does that mean?!! are Kang Cheol reaching some pieces of the truth? and what truth?!! :blink::blink::blink: 

• Like 12

tumblr_obqcquXUei1qhmfcoo1_500.gif

tumblr_obqcquXUei1qhmfcoo2_500.gif

tumblr_obqcquXUei1qhmfcoo3_500.gif

tumblr_obqcquXUei1qhmfcoo4_500.gif

same girl ,same

cr: yooneroos

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh who wouldn't have heatache with all that cutness and charming!! :love: 

I really love his mimiking shocked/surprised reaction!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhh he's so cute and charming at the same time!! not fair for our hearts!! :love: 

thi is my last post for now!! off to sleep and see you soon hopefully!! :)

Good night/morning/evening everyone!! :) 

• Like 20

On 8/11/2016 at 1:45 PM, juju84 said:

I've noticed that KC still hasn't found his footing after learning the truth. He may seem cheerful on the surface but to me he is more subdued and reserved in his actions and desires. He is lacking his old self-assurance. Restraining himself from admitting his feelings, sending YJ away at the first solid threat only proves that he is deeply shaken and lost. At the moment the way I see it, KC is still not living but rather drifting by the current trying to adopt to the situation instead of bending it to his will. He has not regained control over his life nor he is confident enough to do so at the moment. He humors YJ in her desire to make *sequel* and even though it's something he also wants to do he continues holding himself back not daring to hope or think beyond the present

You have rally summed up what's going on w/KC I agree he does seem a little bit lost when he's not w/YJ.  Even then he does keep mentioning that he's not sure how long she will be around. It's hard to even put yourself in his place to have the realization that you are not in control of your life, nothing is real, everything about you has been created and scripted. Part of him still wants to end it all.

On 8/11/2016 at 2:00 PM, enigmatic_zephy said:

Q: If actual sex happens.. will the webtoon publish it ? :D 

Oh wait, won't YJ disappear the moment KC heats up :P.. and then come back because KC would want her and think about her in that hour like no one else will :P

LMAO chingu. I guess the PAC's open 24/7 evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif

On 8/10/2016 at 10:59 AM, theseasasleep said:

Such a good episode! Also, better to leave us on the hook with ep 7, if we are doomed to have no new eps for a week and a half.

I'm so happy that we have this episode to keep us going for the duration too. If episode 8 is like the preview the waiting would be sheer agony.

• Like 11

Hello everyone, i'm new here :P I haven't read all the posts yet but i want to join this discussion because this drama is making me thinking theories inside my head.....and i just can't help reading possible theories from other perspectives from you guys here.. :D

So, here is my theory..

Imo, the killer might be Chul himself. Maybe YJ made this alter-ego when she was still kid (the one when she was drawing while hearing her parents fighting) because the drawing was an angry man pointing a gun. Well, we now know that the killer is handy with gun. Then, teenage YJ drew again the kind-and-oh-so-perfect-Chul later when she was having a crush on her fantasy man.

I think Chul character was created by following YJ's mood. The killer would fire whoever Chul's family, it was shown when he said that the next target would be YJ since she had become Chul's wife. The killer might be having an issue with something like "family". He might be mirroring kid-YJ's mood that she hated her family back then when her parents were having issue. And somehow the title "W" or the drama posters were like mirror reflections (?)..

Maybe YJ's father copied Chul's character without knowing the other side of him created by younger YJ. That's why he said that he didn't know the killer. Maybe he didn't lie. And the first time he knew that his webtoon was changing the story by itself was when he tried to kill Chul. Maybe the one who changed and made the webtoon somehow real was the killer which in this theory was Chul's alter-ego because the killer said that he was the one holding Chul from death until their business finished. The killer was also there in the bridge when Chul came back to life.....

LOL my head hurts x.x

• Like 17

6 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I'm just terrified of what he can do to keep her safe and when/if he's left all by himself without her!! :confounded:

Oh man, when you put it that way... :tears:  Kang Chul's fatalism isn't gone, it has merely taken on new forms. Asking her to forget him, to restore his ignorance in order to safeguard her and, I assume, his friends (the slowly disappearing So Hee and perhaps Do Yoon's growing unsettled feeling) is still a self-effacing manuever no matter the motivation behind it (noble, idiotic, or otherwise). What is Yeon Joo's response to all this? Like others, I suspect she'll be forced back to W due to Black Hoodie and so how will their relationship be in the interim? Will KC withhold himself? Will she? Will YJ be hesitant and have to re-decide how all in she actually is? Perhaps YJ will begin a wooing campaign to show KC it is not all torment with no purpose, that he has the right to a happy ending and it includes her?

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I love your logical reasoning but unfortunatly it only works for good writers not the dumb ones abd Seong Moo is the bigger example for dumb writers!! Seong Moo's plan for the end was always Kang Cheol's death and that's why before Kang Cheol taking controle over his life for the 1st time in Han bridge and after realising that he's living for real somwhere/somehow his only synario was killing Kang Cheol even when he knew that he's going against him wanting a proper ending for himself everytime he tries to kill him or make actions go in a way that doesn't satisfy Kang Cheol but still he had no idea how to give him th proper ending he wants since he didn't leave clues or hints to build the ending that way and is tooooo dumb to come up with something to do that and kept on trying to kill him desperatly!! even Kang Cheol faced him with that fact telling him how if he didn't take controle over his story Song Moo would have kept enjoying his fame and wealth while torturing him and making him chasing a murderer that can't be chased going though the same pain day after day!!

Yes...

I think it was only to show Yeon Joo's concerne about Kang Cheol that she kept looking for him even after a long time has went by and to kill us with worrisome  before showing us that he transported to his world for sure!!

Yes...

6 hours ago, starfield said:

Lastly unrelated to these observations, my wishful thinking is for KC to be a real person all along that somehow was inserted into the virtual reality that is W. Because it kinda irks me if he is just a random manhwa character that for no particular reason gained free will, flesh and blood. Unless Writer-nim has a very creative reason for this anormality to happen, which of course will be totally cool :)!!

that would be great and I can live happily ever after without worrying how they'll end up together and live there "happy after" life!! but even if not and wee will have something else going on and he's really only a manhwa character that would be great too and I don't think ther would be a problem with that since it's a fantasy so everything can happen

And yes!  LOL, I think I must read or watch more fantasy than peeps in soompi threads because I don't have the same problems others seem to have rolling with fantasy elements. As with any fictionalized environment, things sometimes are what they are especially when it comes to the story's basic premise and as long as the writer establishes rules, informs the audience of said rules and doesn't go about breaking said established rules willy-nilly, it's all good.

To my mind, the writer well establishes why KC becomes a real boy - his will is too great and overwhelms his creator and the dad is his co-creator, for sure. I'm sure there are Korean folktale equivalents I am unaware of but stories like this remind me of Greek and other mythologies, of Frankenstein, etc. where the creation overwhelms the will of the creator(s) to stunning effect. There is always a price to be paid for bucking ignorance but inevitably, in these stories, the creations always do. @starfield Mentions how very little is without purpose and I suppose the difference is in how we individually interpret that purpose (like the difference between how you and @sakura2016 see the corpse's significance), so in that vein I say we should look at the photo reference the dad uses to sum up his philosophy towards KC while trying to kill him. He uses Goya's "Saturn Devouring His Son" and through this deliberate mythological reference I feel the writer is letting us know in what realms this story is playing - the fantastical and the dark, where "children" can survive the perils of a cruel and paranoid "father" (and that's what happens in the myth, the devoured survive within the belly of the beast, if you will, and are saved by their "mother" and one of the nearly devoured); this is another reason why I thought the dad was nuts because I was like, hello! Did you not read the story? It does not end so well for the devouring father. Could KC turn out to be something other down the road? If nothing else the writer has proven anything is possible, but I tend to believe "manhwa character comes to life" is the show's premise.

• Like 16

5 hours ago, sharreb said:

Thankyou for d lyrics. Knowing d meaning behind the song makes it all d more poignant. So sad but d song really match d drama well. Best ost yet

But please the part it says Why can't we be together... I cry.. :(

this song got me since i saw the preview...

and since it release it become my top 10 most plays in my playlist... i love the sad and kind a haunted vibe from this song...:wub:

• Like 5