[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Han Hyo Joo's fans treat cast of 'W' to delicious food!

han-hyo-joo

Actress Han Hyo Joo's fans treated the cast and crew of her drama 'W' with a ton of yummy food!

The other day, BH Entertainment uploaded a picture of Han Hyo Joo digging into the buffet of goodies, revealing that healthy food was sent to the set by her fans to give them more strength in the hot summer weather. 

No wonder she's so happy in the picture!

han-hyo-joo_1470929843_2016081120544511936-540x529.jpg

credit: allkpop

• Like 12

[Drama Review] 'W' - Episode 7

lee-jong-suk,han-hyo-joo

Things are getting interesting in the world of 'W'. Chul and Yeon Joo tie the knot, the faceless killer is back and menacing, and other strange occurrences are abound. 

han-hyo-joo_1470948525_Screen_shot_2016-08-11_at_4.48.36_PM.png

A young Yeon Joo was the true creator of 'W'.

The most shocking development would have to be the that the killer of Chul's family exists for certain. What's worse, the killer is out to end Yeon Joo, aka Chul's new family. I enjoy this part of the story the most (the suspense part..not...the killing part...), as it not only keeps me guessing but it also gives me a break from all the romancing. It's typical for Korean dramas to throw in love lines since that's what the general, mainstream audience enjoys. But I much prefer the suspense/mystery part of the story--just personal preference.

Read full article >> http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/drama-review-w-episode-7

• Like 8

helloooo

omg i miss this forum too much.. and really sorry to @nonski unnie.. i cant keep my promise to do recapping last wednesday..huks..

@ilwoo_aein hello.. long time no seee.. i also glad to see you in here..hehe

i enjoyed W latest episode.. full of romance but still not lost their action scene.. in the preview of next episode, kang chul seems gonna left yeon joo to protect her from the killer? hmm.. i hope he wont left her.. huks.. 

too bad last night no new episode of W but its okkk.. i can wait.. at least MBC aired 1 episode already.. better than none of the new episode..hehe.. 

ah seriously love this two.. so cute

see you soon  :heart:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Lee Jong Seok and Han Hyo Joo are perfecet to do that job!! :lol: 

you're right but I just feel he's SUPPER DUMB to do anything useful to help Kang Cheol (and Yeon Joo) to stop this hooded man and like there is many storys/animes/webtoons/dramas where the invincible villan can be ended by the hero at the final battle there is cases where the hero end up killed by him because the writer writer couldn't find a way to fix what he did and I feel Seong Moo is that kind of a writer!! but I'd be super happy if he proves to be useful father and writer once in his lifetime!!

I love your theory but can the hooded man call Kang Cheol from another dimension? forget my question, this man can anything!! *pullingmyhairoff* but yes it can be that the door betweeen the two dimentions has started shattering since the 1st time Kang Cheol reached the real world when he got stabbed in the rooftop incident which means it can allow others from W world to cross to the real world as well!! 

I agree with you, they are linked and that also can be the reason for him to be able to reach the real world as well, wherever Kang Cheol is he'll be there to fulfil his mession and now ending Yeon Joo who became Kang Cheol's wife/family is part of his mission!! and about the final planed by Seong Moo, even Kang Cheol faced him with the fact that killing him was the only ending he had for him from the very start because he didn't make any clues or way to reach the happy ending he's looking for!! seriously who would keeep making a thriller/suspence webtoon about finding justice only to kill the main lead without reaching his happy ending? other than dumb writers?!! :angry: 

You'll find no argument here, I think the father is super dumb as well. 

It would be interesting to have Black Hoodie temporarily trapped in YJ's world because it would force KC to work through things with YJ since she'd have to stay in W and maybe, in the meanwhile, he could get his mojo back?

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, ilwoo_aein said:

episode 8 text preview translation

thank you for sharing!! :) 

reading the title of the preview made me almost crying but then I kept reminding myself that they'll be together and will attend a party as a married couple!! I know I'll end up crying in the episode but I'll try not to cry from now!! ah...my heart!! 

39 minutes ago, MarieJose said:

@sakura2016 iit's 3 am in my part of the world and really really want to sleep but cant stop thinking about W... usually i don't think this much .. but because every wed and thur was solely for both W episodes and because we didn't have a second episode (i HATE you so much MBC) .. that's why my mind is going crasy because i didn't have my usual dose !!! W is like a drug to me !! Ottokeeeeee.. 

your close to me it's 3:43 (while writing this post) in my part of the world (Tunisia) and I'm reading your post that has been posted 40 minutes now!! :D 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh chingu you were going to end up crazy with or without today's episode!! that's W's affect on us!! :lol: 

yes W is so special that I really don't wanted to end!! :bawling: 

45 minutes ago, sharreb said:

Hee its nice to be reminded of optimism @sakura2016 thanks. The previous few days din see much of u on the thread, could feel d void.

On the upside of olympics, korea won 3 golds thru archery.

Ive also read from somone recap that W writer was inspired (just like young Oh Yeon Joo) by olympic shooter Kang Cho Hyun (real person peeps) who won silver in Sydney 2000 in the 10m air rifle event. Hence Kang Chul in W script was born.

http://english.donga.com/List/3/all/26/193218/1

glad to know I was helpful inany way!! :D 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now Kang Cheol will be really mad!! :lol: no...no thank God it's only a fantacy or I'll be really devastated!! :crazy:

yes!! I wasn't able to post or do anything since my laptop and connection turned against me to torture me!! thank God it worked today or I would have lost it!! :blink: 

32 minutes ago, sharreb said:

This is a guy who needs to consciously regulate his emotions

With an ongoing fear 

Hide contents

Poor dude :cold_sweat: he even has to tell her not to confess her love again.

Which brings me to d question wondering what he would do or say to consciously push that button to incite Oh yeon joo to disappear back to her world on the rooftop

it's really heartbreaking to see him living every moment with the fear of losing her at any moment!! :bawling: 

I don't see him lying to her or pretending on the contrary I believe he will tell her everything he's thinking about to do as he's asking from her but I'm more terrified of what he will do in that rooftop!! I became terrified everytime I see him near a bridge or any high place!! :scream:

29 minutes ago, ilwoo_aein said:

Oh my, both Jongsuk and Hyojoo have beautiful fingers..The wedding ring looks beautiful on their fingers. Beautiful wedding rings for beautiful couple :heart:

right!! they have beautiful fingers!! and now I'm swooning all over again over the picture with wedding rings!! :love: 

1 hour ago, millie10468 said:

I guess I'm a little confused about SH's decision to get out of KC's life. The manhwa's writing itself, right? Or are characters other than KC becoming self-aware as well?

Because if SH's not becoming self-aware, then whatever entity's writing the manhwa is what is making her decide to leave rather than stay and watch KC and YJ, which is likely causing her to disappear. Isn't it possible that SH could have been an character like DY without being the heroine? Her character profile says she's KC's high school friend. Is it possible that she had two roles to play--that of the heroine and that of KC's friend--however, her decision to leave implies she doesn't even want to be KC's friend, thereby making her presence literally obsolete.

If she is becoming self-aware and her decision to leave is her real choice, what does that mean for the other manhwa characters? I'm asking about this self-aware business because I read the character profiles and it's possible some of them will find out about the real world and attempt to leave the manhwa world. Wouldn't that cause some serious ramifications?

In the interest of keeping this thread alive till next week, let's identify our favorite scenes.

I think I've said this before but mine is that scene in Episode 7 where KC was tying YJ's hair and they had that talk. I don't know why I love it so much. I guess it's just how honest with his feelings KC was at that moment, you know? And it almost seemed like he could read YJ's mind. Damn, I'll be right back. Need to rewatch it :)

I think that the moment Kang Cheol takes controle over his life the other characters linked to him end up with some sort of freadom as well but their existance still linked to his story any way so Soo Hee being in some controle over her thoughts/emotions she chose to end any relationship between her and Kang Cheol which is natural since when you love someone you can either handle the pain of watching him with someone else or decide to leave and she chose leaving which led to her to start disappearing!! 

I think they all can end up self-aware at some point!! Do Yoon and Kang Cheol's father figure are both starting to feel that something is off around them and Kang Cheol has to share his pain with someeone or he'll explode from all the sadness and fear and anxiety he's living through all alone!!

my favorite scene would be W's every episode!! :lol: I really can't pick a favorite scene!! I can't even pick a favorite episode!! I LOVE EVERY EPISODE!! :heart: 

• Like 5

I believe he has loved her since episode 5, when she said she loved him the 2nd time. I can see his heart has swayed. But he held his feeling because he was afraid "he would never be able to see her again". 

I have a question regarding the scene while they were talking in prison in ep 7. He said something like "You tried to kill me and now you saved me..." something like that, I can't quite to get it, why did he say so? YJ never tried to kill him in any mean. Or is it some kind of mistranslated?  

• Like 5

On 12/08/2016 at 10:32 AM, ilwoo_aein said:

Oh my, both Jongsuk and Hyojoo have beautiful fingers..The wedding ring looks beautiful on their fingers. Beautiful wedding rings only for beautiful couple :heart: Chul ah~ Yeon Joo Ah~ hope you will also have a happy ending in real world not only in "W" world B)

Agree! they look so good together.

On side note, do you think that it was also YJ who created the villain? in reference to the scene where she was drawing and her parents were quarreling? this is just a thought though.

although i agree that it's mainly the fault of YJ's father because why would he create a villain without a purpose, his reasoning of make the character stronger just doesn't make sense.

• Like 3

Lee Jong Suk's fashion turns heads

Su Jin Jang, Aug. 11, 2016, 9:42 a.m.

MBC’s drama “W” has been the talk of the town lately, and its lead actor Lee Jong-suk’s wardrobe has also been turning heads. Throughout the series so far, he has shown two distinct looks. When he is in the webtoon world, Lee sports vivid bluish suits and print shirts, giving off an otherworldly vibe. 

w_081116_01.jpeg

Outside of the webtoon universe, his outfits are more toned down and modest such as black suits, casual shirts and jeans. Regardless of what he wears, the long-limbed and broad-shouldered Lee, who started his career as a model, has added fashion appeal to “W.”

http://www.koogle.tv/media/news/lee-jong-suks-fashion-turns-heads/

• Like 10

Kang Chul from 'W' gets dating tips from real book

Ashley Song, Aug. 11, 2016, 10:08 a.m.

Kang Chul (Lee Jong Suk) from the popular TV series “W” is said to be the envy of most men, but his perfect persona appeared to have come up short in Wednesday’s episode. After signing a marriage contract with Oh Yeon Joo (Han Hyo Joo) in order to have her acquitted of attempted murder charges, Kang had Oh summoned to his room as soon as she was released from jail.

After this encounter a relationship began to blossom, but Kang soon found himself in unfamiliar territory -- how to be romantic

Kang reached for a book that featured romantic situations between couples. Unsure of what to make of the stories he asked Oh whether a man accompanying his partner to the grocery store, tying her shoelace or hugging her while she was cooking is romantic.

“I read it in the book,” Kang said. “But, do females really find those romantic?”

“Yes, absolutely,” said Oh resting her head on Kang’s shoulder.

The book, “Comfortable, Adorable” in Korean, that featured in episode is actually a real book.

0811_twoworlds_01.jpg

The picture essay compilation is the work of illustrator Park Dami, who goes by nickname Puuung on her online blog. The book features illustrations of everyday romance in various setting.

0811_twoworlds_02.jpg

0811_twoworlds_03.jpg

0811_twoworlds_04.jpg

The book was inspired by Park’s life with her boyfriend, but she says the book doesn’t necessarily reflect their relationship. “I wanted the story to become anyone‘s story,” Park, agraduate student at Korea National University of Arts, said in an April interview with Channel Yes. 

0811_twoworlds_05.jpg

http://koogle.tv/media/news/kang-chul-from-w-gets-dating-tips-from-real-book/

• Like 22

6 minutes ago, theseasasleep said:

You'll find no argument here, I think the father is super dumb as well. 

It would be interesting to have Black Hoodie temporarily trapped in YJ's world because it would force KC to work through things with YJ since she'd have to stay in W and maybe, in the meanwhile, he could get his mojo back?

I never hated a dumb person as much a I hate him!! :rage:

I think even if he's not trapped Kang Cheol will realise that Yeon Joo isn't safe in any place either her world or his and will be fprced to protect her instead of giving up on her for her safety!! :D:love: 

7 minutes ago, Rania Zeid said:

Hide contents

[Eng Trans] Key Scenes Episode 7

Cr: Lee Jong Suk JSHINE ‏

thank you for the key scene!! :D 

thee are really sad and heartbreaking!! :tears: 

46 minutes ago, ilwoo_aein said:

[Drama Review] 'W' - Episode 7

Read full article >> http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/drama-review-w-episode-7

sorry to cut your post!! :) I just wanted to thank you for haring the recap!! :D 

and here is couch kimchi recap for episode 7 :D

BY TESSANDCLOCK  K-DRAMA, REVIEWS AND RECAPS, WAUGUST 11, 2016

W – TWO WORLDS EPISODE 7: WHO KNEW WEBTOON KISSES WERE THAT HOT

2WorldsEp7header.jpg

read here: http://couch-kimchi.com/2016/08/11/w-two-worlds-episode-7-who-knew-webtoon-kisses-were-that-hot/

that's quite an interesting headline for the recap!! :D :love: 

how can I sleep now?!!! :love::love::love: 

goodnight/morning/evening everyone!! off to sleep at 4:40 am!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhh see you soon hopefully!! :D 

• Like 15

episode 7 have to be the best episode so far me. there so many great scene for YJ/KC.

that kiss scene were HHJ kiss LJS were so jjang. i must have play the scene like 20x.

i laugh so much in that scene were YJ have to pick 4 option. am with KC i was hoping YJ would pick the fourth one too.

that scene were they wear wedding ring was sweet.

i guess now we know the reason YJ keep going to KC world is cuz he keep thinking of her. so she keep getting pull in.

i really hope YJ DAD will come back to get the hood guy a name so KC/YJ will know who he is.

sad that mbc didnt air episode 8. i really hope the rating for episode 8 will not suffer cuz of mbc.

• Like 10

In my 20 years of life i was happiest when i saw this episode... yeah i loved it that much i felt true happiness after i finished watching it. It is my favorite episode now and i loved all the episodes of W. After a week of insomia due to W... i m serious
I really suffered from insomia waiting for ep 7 when i heard it could be cancelled i cried and prayed to god that i would literally die due to lack of sleep because of W. God took mercy on me and after watching episode 7 im estatic...
Kang chul (lee jong suk) and yeon joo ( han hyo joo) are so beautiful together that i forgot the darling couple i ship these two even as a real couple.

Their kiss WOW really some give song jae jung a nobel prize for writing those scene and to LJS and HHJ for executing it so PERFECTLY god bless my otp forever kangjoo. 
Yeon joo was beyond adorable in this episode more than usual.
And kang chul was....... i m seriouly out of words to describe him but he does make the best huaband material for yeon joo... they got married. No one in this world is more happier than me. Im so happy i could die and its alright.

I m officially trusting w plot to song jae jung. She is just amazing.

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, LanA said:

I have a question regarding the scene while they were talking in prison in ep 7. He said something like "You tried to kill me and now you saved me..." something like that, I can't quite to get it, why did he say so? YJ never tried to kill him in any mean. Or is it some kind of mistranslated?  

Sorry to cut your post. I loved that scene too.

My thoughts on your q: he was speaking in general terms. Obviously, he was quite frustrated and angry. He struggled all his life to live, and then once he decides to leave it all and die, she saves him. Her suggestion to make their own "sequel": Ouch! Lashing out by lumping YJ and her Dad together was his way of conveying his bitterness of the realization of his fake world. He knew she saved him through drawing. And now, she's back in his world. And he's forced to do something when all he wanted was to give up.

Plus there's this other side to that general term: his world is an open book for the viewers enjoyment. The ones reading W are having "fun", but his reality is not fun; its pain-filled for their pleasure. These questions he asks YJ, "Is it thrilling and fun for you people?" "...so you wanted to play with me?": Feeling that his life is not his own, that his choices of friends, job, penthouse (even the interior decorations!) wasn't actually his choice, but all made up, he was feeling like a doll in YJ, Her Dad's hands, and in the audience hands as well; that'd make the most sane person be royally angry. I'm actually surprised that he didn't yell at YJ a bit more. Heh.

This probably was more of an answer than you expected :blink:

• Like 9