[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

After I read the excellent submission of Team W for each round in the Soompi contest this summer, “W” was on my list of dramas I absolutely needed to watch. I finally watched it now (with a huge regret I didn’t do this sooner) and I felt I HAD to drop by to say a few words in this thread, although the drama ended a long time ago it is kind of late.

Without the slightest exaggeration, W is definitely one of the best things I’ve seen in the last two years (be it movies, Western series or Asian dramas) and I’m absolutely in awe. It’s the type of drama one could rewatch many times and each time is open to new meanings and revelations, and definitely NOT your usual drama. While watching it, I had the sensation that the plot of an existentialist book was unfolding on the display right before my eyes. The script writer is a genius, tackling very sensitive issues such as the concept of fate, one’s ability to reverse their predetermined destiny, the relationship between the creator/god and the “created”, and even the fictional character of life itself, which makes the plot downright philosophical. Also, besides the stellar acting of everyone, especially of the two protagonists, the cinematography is something you rarely get to see in a drama, and the special effects are really stunning, making an incredible mixture between webtoon and reality.

W is definitely a masterpiece of many kinds, and, although I was part of the other team in the Soompi contest, in all fairness I have to admit it equally deserved to win. And the number of awards and the recognition it got is definitely a proof of that. On my “to be rewatched” list.

• Like 4

Aw, I'm so glad to hear that, @silentwind! I loved this show to pieces (I was on the W team), and YES, I love how it stands up to multiple viewings. There are some dramas I really loved when I watched them, but there was no more to wring out of them for a second viewing. This one has so much that you almost have to watch it more than once to get it all. It makes you think AND feel. Welcome to the fan club. :):heart:

• Like 4

Thank you, @frozentundra, I definitely became a big fan of the series and now I feel the urge to dissect each and every episode because all of them are full of meaning (or, as you so beautifully put it, they make you think AND feel). I have already recommended this drama to all my friends who are not even fans of Asian dramas, because it is so atypical and above all expectations. I hope we will see something as good in the future too.

PS: Already got so attached to Kang Cheol and Oh Yeon Joo...what to do, what to doooooo :bawling:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, silentwind said:

I have already recommended this drama to all my friends who are not even fans of Asian dramas, because it is so atypical and above all expectations. I hope we will see something as good in the future too.

PS: Already got so attached to Kang Cheol and Oh Yeon Joo...what to do, what to doooooo :bawling:

Lol, join the club!! I have also hooked several people who have never seen any Asian tv shows of any kind. And yes, you want to dissect each and every element of that storyline. The script is brilliant. Despite having watched it several times, when I was on the drama contest team and analyzed it all over again, I was surprised that I was STILL discovering new things in it. My hat is off to writer nim Song Jae Jung. If I was going to a book (script?) signing like the one Oh Seung Moo goes to in the drama, I would totally be that one fan who throws himself down and says, "I respect you so much! Take me on as your pupil!" Lol.

As to KC and YJ--best OTP ever. Like, I have never seen chemistry like that. Go look up bts clips (it is MOAR off script than on), and join us at the Jongjoo Honeycouple thread if you like... :)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, silentwind said:

Now that u made me curious, I will search on youtube to see the BTS and will read the other thread too :D Glad I dropped by, hehehe

You will never be the same AFTER you watch the BTS, believe me @silentwind.   Pardon me, you will not be silent.

And welcome on board!   Big hug to you!

• Like 4

@frozentundra thanks for the links! Already on them! 

@kembie thanks! will make sure to drop by on the JongJoo thread after I watch the BTS. And something tells me I am going to rewatch lots of W scenes since I already itch to see many of them again.

*research mode activated*

later edit: watched that 2 minutes MBC awards video and I am already hooked. They are as awesome as their characters irl too

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Korean fantasy drama “W” airs on ABS-CBN’s Primetime Bida

ABS-CBN.com March 09, 2018 05:35 PM

94cad1c8a786c9178246d489c23d70cf3bc7573d.jpg

Enter the world of kilig and suspense with ABS-CBN’s newest Korean fantasy drama on primetime, “W,” premiering this Monday (Mar 12).

Follow the life of Maddie Oh (Han Hyo Joo), a surgeon and daughter of the creator of “W,” a webtoon that everyone is crazy about. One day, her father suddenly goes missing while writing the last chapter of his webtoon.

The curious Maddie enters his office and sees the illustration where Raiko (Lee Jong-Suk), the lead character of the webtoon, is dying. A hand from the monitor then pulls her in and Maddie finds herself standing next to a bleeding man. Since she is a doctor, she immediately saves his life and realizes later on that the man she saved was Raiko himself.

Maddie goes back and forth to the webtoon until she and Raiko grow feelings for each other.

How will she tell Raiko that they come from two different worlds? Will their love story ever come to life or will it forever be a fantasy?

Don’t miss “W” beginning this Monday (Mar 12) after “The Good Son” only on the first and true home of Asianovelas, ABS-CBN. For updates, like https://www.facebook.com/abscbnkapamilyanovelas/ on Facebook or follow @KapamilyaNovela on Twitter. You ca

Credit: http://entertainment.abs-cbn.com/tv/shows/asianovelas/photos/albums/55030918-korean-fantasy-drama-w-airs-on-abs-cbns-primetime-bida

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone here has an extra stock of W merchandise that they would sell?

Like postcards, L folders, notebooks, etc. Please kindly notify me if anyone would like to sell theirs :) I can no longer find it in stores because they are all sold out. Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I would like to thank Team W, who wrote the most in-depth article on this drama on the Internet in the introduction.

W-TEAM

@frozentundra  @Riman Rakshit @polar15 @maryofbethany @kembie @skittles87 @snowglobe147
@alleram95 @ibru

Of course, there would be much more to talk about, but it shows a deep understanding of this masterpiece, as one would expect, a sincere love for it.
In the course of various criticisms on the Internet, I realize how misunderstood and far too quickly criticized this drama has been, sometimes by bloggers who have only seen it once.
There is a before and an after, and I doubt that a work of this magnitude will appear on television for decades.

I have the impression that the TV channel is no longer planning a season 2 at the moment.
However, I am currently working on the subject. I am currently writing Season 2 of the drama, which will be approximately 54 episodes of about half an hour (or a little less, it's difficult to evaluate).

My project will be to forward the script to the MBC channel or the scriptwriter Song Jae-Jung, or both, if I can find a way to get their contact information. This is after international legal protection. On the one hand the characters belong to the chain, but on the other hand an original story can be protected. And above all, no production company can take a scriptwriter seriously if his work is not protected.
I doubt that this approach will be successful. I have no doubt about the quality of the story, but I have an endless list of other obstacles that prevent this from happening. Even if the story retained the interest of the production circuit.

I am therefore considering an alternative publication process, which will allow drama lovers to enjoy its continuation in the best possible conditions, even if it is not a drama filmed and broadcast on television.

It will be a few more months before I can publish anything. Whenever possible, I will publish the first episode, already ready.

The work I do is very long, and is divided into several phases.
1 - writing the episodes.
2 - the reworking of episodes in an alternative form, more suitable for a scenario script.
3 - the reworking of episodes in a more readable form, less adapted to a scenario script.

Phase 1: I am currently on episode 30, with a plan to the end.
Phase 2: For the moment, I have not reworked any episodes in the form of a scenario script. However, the basic writing is already very close to it.  Being unprofessional, I'm afraid I can't get a script in a sufficiently professional form, even if I read articles on the subject. On occasion, I take a look at Song Jae-Jung's script, but the google translation from Korean is almost unreadable.
Phase 3: The first episode is complete, and episodes 2 to 3 are quite advanced. This phase takes an incredibly long time. But it is only in this form that I could publish the story, if the script is not accepted by the production. So I have to move on it at the same time as the rest.

Good evening to all of you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유
  • 3 months later...

Amandine Bizet
Graphic Designer & Illustrator

amandine_bizet IG

"I’m watching the Korean series W and I loooove it!!

As you know I draw a lot, so this Kdrama with the context of a web toon made me very happy!

I like all the aspects of this drama: -the story -the actors -the visual effects that recall the idea of drawings even in the real world.

It’s a very cool kdrama and I recommend it if you haven’t already seen it !

After watching these series, I decided to do a quick drawing "

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs0xrgzFTpj/

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ibru said:

Amandine Bizet
Graphic Designer & Illustrator

amandine_bizet IG

"I’m watching the Korean series W and I loooove it!!

As you know I draw a lot, so this Kdrama with the context of a web toon made me very happy!

I like all the aspects of this drama: -the story -the actors -the visual effects that recall the idea of drawings even in the real world.

It’s a very cool kdrama and I recommend it if you haven’t already seen it !

After watching these series, I decided to do a quick drawing "

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs0xrgzFTpj/

Oh! A draftswoman!!!!! Thank you, ibru !
I have to get in touch with her!
Maybe she'd be interested in the drama W Season 2 project.

I talked about it on this forum several months ago, and since then, I have made significant progress.
I prepared a page in the fanfix forum, with the first episode as a demonstration of the final rendering of the drama-photo version.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

@wenchanteur

You (and "Memories of the Alhambra") convinced me to start all over again and watch this series. I believed I dropped this show sometime after the elevator scene, when he winked at her. When I came back from my long trip, I  already lost all interest in the show. 

Here's my "First Impressions" post: 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/03/11/w-two-worlds-episode-1-first-impressions/

Somehow, it's fitting that I pick this up when I'm away on a trip again. It's okay if you tell me spoilers. I'll continue with Ep 2 when I get home. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1