[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

2 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

Acc to this tomorrow they ll start shipping (distributing) W D- cut on Kang Chul's Birthday :D

as soon as I saw this, I went to the site to check it out.... everything I saw says it'll start next week.... either way, I am PUMPED!!! ^^

Edited by MadraRua
Please do not quote images
  • Like 1

Guest dominjoonssi

Hello. 

Anyone here?

Just got the email that they will be shipping out my W Blu- Ray set. 

This is my first time ordering from yes24, but according to the tracking no. given, it's being sent by EMS, so if I'm lucky the package should arrive on Monday, barring custom delays.

Those who ordered from Innolife should be hearing from them as well. They also send their orders by EMS. This is a reliable company who has been handling overseas orders for non-Korean speaking fans. I have ordered from them before and my orders have always arrived safely. Please do not worry. As long as you have entered your shipping address correctly, there should be no problem, as the package can be tracked online. They also handle customer service in English, so if you have issues with your DVD set, you can contact them directly. For issues regarding replacements & refunds, according to the Daum Cafe, I think claims should be valid for 3 mths from the release date, which is 5 Apr 2017. Please double check the claims period again.

Korean fans on the Daum Cafe have been sharing photos of their un-boxing.  They have released an English checklist for overseas fans to check that everything is in order when you receive the DVDs. Do check out the overseas notices at http://cafe.daum.net/Wdvd

If you are sharing your photos of your DVD set online, please watermark to prevent the photos from being used illegally. Please also remember to observe & protect the copyrights by not posting HD images or videos of the contents.

I have stated this before. Some fans have commented  that if this series was shot and broadcast by the team and cable station who did Nine & QIMH, it would have been a much better drama dah dah. However, I'm thankful that writer-him chose one of the big 3 to do this drama, because the DVD release would have English subtitles. That cable station, while I love their well-produced dramas and would actually fork out money for some of their director cut DVD sets, I have never done so, because due to copyright reasons and lack of demand, they do not include English subs for the drama. Some drama titles, despite having passionate fan bases, don't get even a proper release on DVD despite the fans' wishes and efforts to campaign for a director's cut. I'm really grateful to the fans who worked hard for this DVD release and the whole W team for putting together the extra features for the fans.

I have been reclusing myself from anything related to W, cos I hope to enjoy the drama again when I finally get my hands on the DVD set. 

For those interested, the Chinese lady on the Tieba forums is still  continuing her translations of snippets of the script scenes. I'm really sorry I can't help translate due to RL issues, a major reason why I have not been active on Soompi. 

Also one note of caution for first timers purchasing Korean drama releases, there may be pixelated images of copyrighted materials e.g. Hollywood movies posters, pop culture references etc, some music or songs sourced outside the original music may be replaced with tracks from the drama's OST due to copyrights reasons. During live broadcast, they relax the rules for copyrights, but for official DVD releases, if they didn't obtain the required permissions to use those materials, they will pixel or replace it entirely.

That's it, folks. I will drop by again when the postman calls. 

2 hours ago, dominjoonssi said:

Hello. 

Anyone here?

This is my first time ordering from yes24, but according to the tracking no. given, it's being sent by EMS, so if I'm lucky the package should arrive on Monday, barring custom delays.

Those who ordered from Innolife should be hearing from them as well. They also send their orders by EMS. This is a reliable company who has been handling overseas orders for non-Korean speaking fans. I have ordered from them before and my orders have always arrived safely. Please do not worry. As long as you have entered your shipping address correctly, there should be no problem, as the package can be tracked online. They also handle customer service in English, so if you have issues with your DVD set, you can contact them directly. For issues regarding replacements & refunds, according to the Daum Cafe, I think claims should be valid for 3 mths from the release date, which is 5 Apr 2017. Please double check the claims period again.

Korean fans on the Daum Cafe have been sharing photos of their un-boxing.  They have released an English checklist for overseas fans to check that everything is in order when you receive the DVDs. Do check out the overseas notices at http://cafe.daum.net/Wdvd

If you are sharing your photos of your DVD set online, please watermark to prevent the photos from being used illegally. Please also remember to observe & protect the copyrights by not posting HD images or videos of the contents.

I have stated this before. Some fans have commented  that if this series was shot and broadcast by the team and cable station who did Nine & QIMH, it would have been a much better drama dah dah. However, I'm thankful that writer-him chose one of the big 3 to do this drama, because the DVD release would have English subtitles. That cable station, while I love their well-produced dramas and would actually fork out money for some of their director cut DVD sets, I have never done so, because due to copyright reasons and lack of demand, they do not include English subs for the drama. Some drama titles, despite having passionate fan bases, don't get even a proper release on DVD despite the fans' wishes and efforts to campaign for a director's cut. I'm really grateful to the fans who worked hard for this DVD release and the whole W team for putting together the extra features for the fans.

I have been reclusing myself from anything related to W, cos I hope to enjoy the drama again when I finally get my hands on the DVD set. 

For those interested, the Chinese lady on the Tieba forums is still  continuing her translations of snippets of the script scenes. I'm really sorry I can't help translate due to RL issues, a major reason why I have not been active on Soompi. 

Also one note of caution for first timers purchasing Korean drama releases, there may be pixelated images of copyrighted materials e.g. Hollywood movies posters, pop culture references etc, some music or songs sourced outside the original music may be replaced with tracks from the drama's OST due to copyrights reasons. During live broadcast, they relax the rules for copyrights, but for official DVD releases, if they didn't obtain the required permissions to use those materials, they will pixel or replace it entirely.

Thank you soo much for the information!!! I can't wait to get mine :)

• Like 2

On 4/6/2017 at 9:59 PM, dominjoonssi said:

Hello. 

Anyone here?

Thanks for the info! Yes24 notified me about the shipment too. Hope to get the dvd set soon. Can't wait to get my hands on them!!^^

Guest dominjoonssi

chingus. 

my dvds arrived today. :) 

i need to learn to korean fast. argh. as expected, the extra features are not subbed.  

disc 10 has the deleted scenes. i haven't watch anything yet. 

pls don't share images & contents of the dvd sets online on public and social media platforms, in respect of the copyrights. thank you. 

Hi everyone, for years I have been a silent reader, but I did not dare to comment because my English is not so good, however I want to thank all users for this post, thank you very much for making "W Two Worlds" even more Special, I loved reading their theories, as well as the way they deepened in each scene. Thank you very much.

By the way, does anyone know if Innolife has already started sending out shipment notices for W DVD's and Bluray?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LadyTime said:

By the way, does anyone know if Innolife has already started sending out shipment notices for W DVD's and Bluray?

Hi~ I ordered mine thru innolife too and I've already got mine. So probably u will receive it anytime soon.. :D

• Like 2

20170414_170229_zps03o6jlpo.jpg

20170414_170827_zpsvrbbp73r.jpg

Pictures as promised. I would have posted more but my camera has been pretty wonky lately. The black cds are for the specials like deleted scenes and bts while the cds which are white in colour (not shown here) are for the drama itself. Love the illustrations behind the cd case! They really went all out with the packaging. :wub: And the pictures in the W photobook included in the bonus are pretty high quality! Ok shall stop spazzing.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

To those that are interested in owning the director's cut DVD/Blu-ray set, but have not made the purchase yet, MBC Brand Store is offering a special package. If you purchase from them directly, they will include additional perks (not the preorder bonuses tho):

Hi friends!!! im french i have seen this drama and waoooww!!! just amazing !! my favorite with secret garden. possible to buy an w two world comic book replica anywhere?

excellent actors like role playing by korean .

Edited by Jean-luc Martin

I got my drama today.  I was going to post some pictures, but they have begged us not to..... so.... I am not going to.  I showed the comic book to my coworker though, and she was really envious... Happy Christmas to me...  PS... it is SUPER heavy with all those books, they were boxed separately.  I got LJS signature... I think it's really him.  KYAK!!! If that's the case, then I got it for IHYV too.  I am counting my lucky stars... onto my rewatch!!!

@darcydevenus You must have done the special preorder? I think that if you order the DVD director's cut now, it does not come with a comic book (alas--I would buy even that alone!). But @Jean-luc Martin you still can buy at least the director's cut, which does have some special add-ons (photo book, postcards, etc.), plus of course cut scenes, etc. It is pricey (especially if you have international postage), and I am busily trying to find a way to fund it. It sounds like it's worth it, though!

• Like 1

On 10/4/2017 at 10:28 PM, adeleyam said:

Hi~ I ordered mine thru innolife too and I've already got mine. So probably u will receive it anytime soon.. :D

Thanks adeleyam. I already received my package this Monday, and wow, it was truly worth every penny. I really wish I could know the korean language to understand all the additional material.

I really love this forum, you have no idea how much I enjoyed reading your comments, see the images you shared and follow the live recaps of the episodes, read their theories and spoilers, thanks to all of you, you have made it so special "W Two Worlds" for me, so with all my heart, thank you very much.

Edited by LadyTime

‘W’ wins Special Jury award at WorldFest-Houston film fest

South Korean TV series “W” has won the Special Jury award at the WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival, MBC said Sunday.

“Winning the award is a great honor to me. I think it was possible for ‘W’ to win the great award, as the new imagination and venture of it were highly rated by the judges,” said Jung Dae-yoon, who directed the 16-episode TV series. 

“W” is a sci-fi romance drama that aired from July through September last year. Starring Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo, its viewership rating stood at 11.6 percent on average. 

Three other MBC shows were honored at the festival. The TV documentary “Great One Meal” (2015) took the Platinum Remi award in the TV special-documentary category. “Winning Shot, The Secret of Pitching” (2015) also nabbed the same award in the sports category. “Real Men” (2016), a variety show featuring male celebrities experiencing life in the military, captured the Silver Remi award in the entertainment category. 

WorldFest, which started in August 1961, marks its 50th anniversary this year. It is the oldest independent film and video festival in the world. The festival is one of the top three competitive film festivals in North America along with events held in San Francisco and New York.

By Jie Ye-eun (yeeunjie@heraldcorp.com) 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201704301659003326576_2

• Like 6