[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

• 3 weeks later...

So I'd been waiting for this drama for years... from when it was announced. I somehow missed when it finally came out... and I would have missed it completely if a friend hadn't been gushing about Ye Hua's hair online. I looked up this drama, "Eternal Love"... and realized it was Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. XD;; So I'm really behind.

I got obsessed. I watched all the episodes in less than 5 days (I was still working my full time hours in between watching...). I watched the movie with Yang Yang and Yi Fei and was not really into it. (The cooking scene was so embarrassing for me XD; It was indeed pretty, though.) I bought the translated book and read it, and needed more! I tried reading the manhua translations, but I don't think I'm that into it.

I have so many thoughts! But here's just a few of the more controversial ones:

• Bai Qian kicks so much butt! Or she could, but didn't get to so much. I'm just sad that towards the end, she didn't get to show as much of it. Whenever Ye Hua was around, she didn't really get to fight (except when she got to dole out a couple of punishments at the Purple Palace)... I really think we should have given her a chance to fight Qing Cang at the very end, instead of just holding her back. XD;
  • I thought that Episode 36 in the drama when they finally got together... seemed a little, umm, questionable... but it was handled much better in the movie and the book.
  • Bai Qian didn't seem to have as much agency. She has so much potential to be more!
  • I keep wondering about how they don't seem to be taking enough care of A-Li XD;; I'm not sure Ye Hua really wants another baby, as much as he wants to get busy. :x
  • I understand that Ye Hua loved and did so much for Su Su... but I think she is allowed to feel extremely hurt and betrayed by all that had happened. Standing in her shoes.. fully standing in her shoes... means being the one whose eyes were gouged out. It was definitely bloodier in the book.

In any case, being obsessed and browsing about, I hear that there are epilogues. I did get to see the translation for the A Li Epilogue... but sadly could not find the translation for Ye Hua's epilogue anymore. (Could somebody help me?)

In the meanwhile, I've tried looking at the Chinese ebooks and the Viet translation that @rabbit_casa linked a few posts back. I don't speak or read either Chinese or Vietnamese. (By the way, the Viet translation appears to only have Part 2 of the Ye Hua epilogue, not the Part 1.) I've tried doing some machine translation to get an overview and do some word-for-word lookups.... Anyway, it turns out that there are more than just two epilogues?

The earlier ebook has 4 epilogues:

• Ye Hua Extra Story 
    This is the one that's been called the Ye Hua Epilogue... that goes through Ye Hua's side of the story, from his birth to the time when they meet again at the Eastern Sea.
  • Bai Zhen Extra Story
    This is the story of Bai Zhen's birth and how, as a child, he climbed on Zhe Yan's lap and kissed him
  • 14 Questions for the Ye Hua - Bai Qian couple
    An interview style Q&A, with the author asking questions from Xiao Ye (Ye Hua) and Xiao Bai (Bai Qian)
  • Spoof Extra: The Dumpling's Great Name 
    This is the one that's been called the A Li Epilogue... where he ran away because Bai Qian wanted to rename him to "Black Son"

The souvenir edition appears to have 6 epilogues:

• Extra Story 1: Lifetime Tribulation
    This is the Ye Hua Epilogue
  • Extra Story 2: The So-called Conquest
    This is the Bai Zhen Epilogue
  • Extra Story 3: The So-called Peach Blossom
    Tianjun celebrates his birthday with a looong party. Everyone is invited and all the parents tell their young single daughters to pay attention to the bachelors: Mo Yuan, Zhe Yan, and Bai Zhen.... except they're all intent on Ye Hua. They all think they can compete with that old lady Bai Qian... until they see Ye Hua and Bai Qian together. Bai Qian is gorgeous and is pretty much "gatekeeping" for Ye Hua. Ye Hua is attentive towards Bai Qian.... and breaks all the little fairies' hearts.
  • Extra Story 4: The So-called Reward
    The fairies of the Ninth Sky notice that Ye Hua has warmed/softened a bit, but there are still times when he gets upset.... It's pretty much every time A Li gets in the way of his quality private time with Bai Qian. A Li is also upset about how his dad keeps getting in the way of him spending time/sleeping with his mom. A Li tries to think of a way to make his mom happy, and decides to take top honors at a test. He does, and Ye Hua is extremely happy. He says it's because he's proud of his son... It turns out that the reward for getting top honors is for him to study in Kunlun for three years.
  • Extra Story 5: The So-called Great Name
    This is the A Li Epilogue.
  • Extra Story 6: Through the Years
    This is a reflection on encounters with Qing Cang. I'm not sure whose, though. Maybe Ninth Brother? I think the other person might be the Earth God by Ruoshui River. It starts off with a memory of the final battle with Qing Cang - how Ye Hua had stabbed him so many times, he was riddled with holes like a lotus flower, and how Bai Qian held tightly to him after. It then reflects back to 17 and 9's first encounter with Qing Cang and the kidnapping. It then talks briefly about the time when Bai Qian sealed Qing Cang, and he kept calling her name and gloating.... It ends with him (Ninth?) going back to Mo Yuan's place.

If anybody has English translations to any of the above, I would appreciate it. I would love to read it from a good language flow than what I've been trying to do. XD;;

• Like 1

So I tried translating Epilogue 3: The So-Called Peach Blossom... where all the girls who have a crush on Ye Hua get to see Bai Qian and Ye Hua together ;p 

You can read it here.

It'll be public for a while, but I'll eventually set back the privacy settings to avoid potential issues regarding fan translations. Please let me know if somebody has already done this - it's probably better than what I did. :)

I'm still looking for the English translation of the Ye Hua epilogue, if somebody has access to that.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/16/2017 at 1:08 PM, Dominique Lola said:

I didn't like the scene where YH's mother was taking her anger out on BQ either. You could see a snippet of her bowing to her in the opening/ending scene. She made it seem as if everything was BQ's fault, as if BQ herself didn't suffer from YH loving her. Just what is it with all the women from the Celestial Tribe, they're all so stuck up

This is one of the reasons why I preferred the book and movie to the drama. I hated how Bai Qian didn’t stand her ground against the lower ranking Le Xu. 

On 3/8/2017 at 1:57 AM, omiki said:

It's like levelling up in a computer game. To get to the next job level, you have to complete some tasks or missions. You can ask your higher level Friend to help you play your character eg. to take down the boss. SY/BQ was supposed to have been able to predict this if she had been serious in her studies/training. As for when you level up, I think it depends on your own ability. Eg. YH did it when he was only 20,000 years old as opposed to SY at 70,000 years old. I don't think it was mentioned if the rest of the disciples achieved Shang Xian status yet but I don't think so. MY blocked her when the lightning struck, so I suppose the lightning just strikes at the person's position but it does not matter who was actually struck. Yes, one can die if one is not able to take it. 

The next level is for Shang Shen, and for BQ's case, she had to overcome the Qing Jie, which means love trial. I think it is different for different people and it was mentioned that since she was born in a prestigious family, her life was smooth (as compared to other xian) so it was not unexpected that hers would be the love trial.

Ying Jie means to succumb to the trial, ie. be unable to overcome it, usually die. But in DH's case, he just lost 90% of his powers, but did not die. Maybe he's powerful like that. 

What is the purpose of love trial ? Why do they have to go through that ?

• Like 2

On 5/21/2020 at 9:49 AM, beldaran said:

So I tried translating Epilogue 3: The So-Called Peach Blossom... where all the girls who have a crush on Ye Hua get to see Bai Qian and Ye Hua together ;p 

You can read it here.

It'll be public for a while, but I'll eventually set back the privacy settings to avoid potential issues regarding fan translations. Please let me know if somebody has already done this - it's probably better than what I did. :)

I'm still looking for the English translation of the Ye Hua epilogue, if somebody has access to that.

Thank you, I had never read it before.^_^

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koreandramafan said:

It’s nice to see that people are still watching this very enjoyable drama. Well, it’s been more than two years since I watched this. Let me see if I can recall. There are several types of “trials” or sufferings that they may have to go through, eg. sickness, disability, death of a loved one, etc. BQ’s trial was to suffer from her love for someone, thus it is called a ‘love trial’. So the idea is that if you survive the ‘trial’, you will emerge stronger and more powerful, and achieve a higher ‘level’ of your cultivation. Hope that helps! Enjoy the rest of the drama :)

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 6:51 PM, omiki said:

It’s nice to see that people are still watching this very enjoyable drama. Well, it’s been more than two years since I watched this. Let me see if I can recall. There are several types of “trials” or sufferings that they may have to go through, eg. sickness, disability, death of a loved one, etc. BQ’s trial was to suffer from her love for someone, thus it is called a ‘love trial’. So the idea is that if you survive the ‘trial’, you will emerge stronger and more powerful, and achieve a higher ‘level’ of your cultivation. Hope that helps! Enjoy the rest of the drama :)

This drama is beautiful, and it was aired on demand in Japan by Wowow last Spetember. And no surprise even 4 years after it was first broadcasted, since the acting is top notch, plus great OST and BGM.

On 10/23/2020 at 2:08 PM, Koreandramafan said:

The trial to ascend can be any kind of trials like what @omikimentioned. For Bai Qian, the trial she went through is the tumultuous relationship she had with Ye Hua as mortal Su Su, to become a high goddess.

On 5/21/2020 at 11:49 AM, beldaran said:

If you don't  have it yet, PM your email :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

This drama is beautiful, and it was aired on demand in Japan by Wowow last Spetember. And no surprise even 4 years after it was first broadcasted, since the acting is top notch, plus great OST and BGM.

I recently re-watched this drama and along with ELOD I concider these the best dramas in their genre. The OST and BGM are amazing! 

Let's hope the upcoming novels will also be adapted to screen. ^_^ I'll gladly wait for them.

• Wiggle 1

5 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I recently re-watched this drama and along with ELOD I concider these the best dramas in their genre. The OST and BGM are amazing! 

Let's hope the upcoming novels will also be adapted to screen. ^_^ I'll gladly wait for them.

I will always ugly cry for Su Su when she woke up after losing her eyes, and for Ye Hua when he can't ignite the lamp anymore.

How they shot the scenes for BQ when as Su Su she left Xiwu Palace and went to the terrace. The OST being played! That barefoot walk! :tears:

I actually watched TMOPB because of the BGM. ^_^ I heard the "Sea of Innocence", got curious to watch the clip, and decided to see the whole thing.

Very excited for the next books and also hopeful those stories would be adapted too as drama series.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

I will always ugly cry for Su Su when she woke up after losing her eyes, and for Ye Hua when he can't ignite the lamp anymore.

How they shot the scenes for BQ when as Su Su she left Xiwu Palace and went to the terrace. The OST being played! That barefoot walk! :tears:

I actually watched TMOPB because of the BGM. ^_^ I heard the "Sea of Innocence", got curious to watch the clip, and decided to see the whole thing.

Very excited for the next books and also hopeful those stories would be adapted too as drama series.   

I came across a clip while looking for something else on youtube: the scene where BQ asks YH what he wished for (after she received the soul gathering lamp from him.) :heart2beat:

The sea of innocense is my favorite BMG! It's also played in EP 49 when Mo Yuan awakens. 

SuSu making her way up the immortal killing terrace (which she memorized prior) were indeed so chilling; followed by Ye Hua's attempt to save her broke my heart! 

The scene between Lian Song and Ye Hua after the lamp was returned and the flame extinguished, also struck me and shows imo how deeply Lian Song cares for him and understands his pain. It's telling in a way that LS is more than "the playboy" he wants everyone te believe he is.

Overall I'd say this drama has enough humor to balance the heartbreak. 

For instance I love how YH has such thick skin and goes so far as to pretend to be heavily injured (on the advise of his good 3th uncle Lian Song haha) to get closer to SuSu. 

And than the lovey dovey scenes between Ye Hua and Bai Qian and the red fox of Qing Qiu chasing the first Emperor.......This drama just has an amazing cast and doesn't bore me even a minute. 

• Love 2

On 10/26/2020 at 12:35 AM, SilverDawn said:

For instance I love how YH has such thick skin and goes so far as to pretend to be heavily injured (on the advise of his good 3th uncle Lian Song haha) to get closer to SuSu. 

Why, why do I think this advise of Lian Song to pretend injured is learnt from DH? LMAO!

EDIT: (by lmangla)
santa-claus-banner-design_1441-786.jpg

welcome to day 3 of Soompi winterland! here are your goodies!

Spoiler

our wish for you: be carefree, curious and wishing you healthy hair! (like this OTP^_^)

61efa6c9c49f5b1309394e4caab5ada0.jpg

To learn more about this fantasy drama that crosses three realms and this secondary couple OTP that had viewers swooning, check out the spotlight put together by fans.

fantasy cdramas are known for their elaborate and beautiful fight choreography scenes that look like a dance.

DbyjKv.gif

we may not get to dance like that but we can still move our feet! here is a gift of  dance to a happy song from some hairy cuties! so swish your hair, tap your feet, fill your heart with those happy vibes and sway across the room..

since berries & nuts are good for healthy hair, add them into your cooking! here are some dumplings to munch on

shanghai-dumplings-13090-3.jpg

and with a drama that has peach blossoms in its title, should we have some peaches to savour? here are some grilled peaches with ice cream. yum!

GrilledPeach.jpg

did you enjoy this goodie bag?  let us know the event thread and share with us your favourite love stories that made you swoon

5omdef.jpg

Edited by Lmangla
borrowing post for december event. :)
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Why, why do I think this advise of Lian Song to pretend injured is learnt from DH? LMAO!

LOL! Because Lian Song was half raised by this man who is blessed with a practical mind and the tickest skin in all the realms! And it was Dong Hua himself who praised our 3th Prince in saying he is very teachable.:wow1:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

ELOD ep42 acting injured takes the cake! :lol:

In TMOPB, remember that episode where FJ was pretending to be hurt by Bai Yi? When he told her to act better as if she's really wounded? :D

8 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

And it was Dong Hua himself who praised our 3th Prince in saying he is very teachable

Aye, he likes those who can be taught. 

:coolshades:

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

ELOD ep42 acting injured takes the cake! :lol:

Naturally, he's the master of (t)his art! 

14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In TMOPB, remember that episode where FJ was pretending to be hurt by Bai Yi? When he told her to act better as if she's really wounded? :D

"Ouch..." :lol:  Even the devil of Qing Qiu herself cannot match DH's keen understanding of the finer art of deception.

I love this scene between DH and FJ in Ten miles peach blossom, when she met DH while drunk (thanks to Cheng Yu) 

What Jaz Loves... — seventh-fantasy: Feng Jiu x Dong Hua [1/?]:...

To Be With You - Goodwill. - Wattpad

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

@MayanEcho Is that the one where he and Lian Song keep cracking up because she's getting heavy in his arms? Was James Li not making it harder for him by messing up his lines? I think I saw it without subs on youtube. :D

@beldaran Did you manage to find the extra epilogues from the souvinir edition? I have never heard of story 4: The So-called Reward and Extra Story 6: Through the Years. 

• Wiggle 1

35 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Is that the one where he and Lian Song keep cracking up because she's getting heavy in his arms? Was James Li not making it harder for him by messing up his lines? I think I saw it without subs on youtube. :D

That one! How many times he was made to walk that length carrying her for the best shot, then that scene with LS? They both had to massage his arms, hahaha!

I noticed that in TMOPB that for the Princess carry, the carried person's arm isn't always kept to the shoulder or neck of the person carrying. Compared to ELOD. To prevent accidents, eh? :)

I pitied Yang Mi in that carry over the shoulder scene with Mark Chao. That took several takes too.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

I noticed that in TMOPB that for the Princess carry, the carried person's arm isn't always kept to the shoulder or neck of the person carrying. Compared to ELOD. To prevent accidents, eh? :)

I pitied Yang Mi in that carry over the shoulder scene with Mark Chao. That took several takes too.

You're very observant! I didn't notice! Now I will look for the differences...

The final cut for that scene where he carried her over his shoulder was pretty funny but that must have been tough on both of them. :lol:

I think most Asian actors work out in the gym not just because they want to look good; they know there are alot of "carry the girl in your arms and make it look effortless" scenes waiting for them- oh and don't crack your wig while you're at it!

Remember the scene where Xuan Nu was left bleeding at the entrance of Kunlun? I saw some bts and it took them great effort to lift her from that position. :lol: That's why that scene didn't make it to the final cut and we don't actually see Die Feng and the other disciples lift her from the ground. 

• Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

@beldaran Did you manage to find the extra epilogues from the souvinir edition? I have never heard of story 4: The So-called Reward and Extra Story 6: Through the Years. 

I have the raws for these (ended up buying the books), but I have not seen anybody do actual English translations as yet.

• Like 1