[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

Just finished watching TMoPB and here are my thoughts:

• I’m truly blown away by how much Ye Hua loved Su Su/Bai Qian. I like how it showed how their love transcended time and trials. Ye Hua loved her before he was born, when he was still a golden lotus. It’s too bad he doesn’t realize he has known her before he met her at mount Junji.
  • It’s interesting that YH and MY are twin brothers who fell for the same woman and she loved them both - one as her master and the other as her beloved. Both YH and MY made sacrifices for her and both died for her. She sure is one lucky gal!
  • I am happy that our OTP got their happy ending - they deserved it! Honestly I’d be so heart broken if they didn’t end up together..lol
  • Although YH and BQ got their happy ending, I feel sad for everyone else who didn’t like Dijun and Feng Jui and Zi Lan and Yan Zhi. 
  • It hurt me to see MY wake up after 70,000 years only to find out that he had lost his beloved seventeenth to his twin. I especially felt so sorry for him when he told her that the reason he spent 70,000 years piecing his spirit together for “the one I cared about” and BQ didn’t even realize what he meant. MY had always been this composed, confident high god, revered by all deity and he looked so wounded when he found out BQ was in love with YH. Ugh the look on his face when BQ was telling him that she would have stayed with him forever had he not died.. and her saying “Ye Hua hadn’t appeared then...” and MY responding “yes, Ye Hua had not appeared then”. You could really feel his sadness at what he had lost.
  • I couldn’t help but feel sorry for Li Jing as well. Sure, he messed up big time but he spent the rest of his life pining for BQ. Until the very end, he still wanted her unharmed. 
  • Ugh and I also felt for Dijun and Bai Feng Jui! I found their story beautiful as well. At first I found FJ childish and annoying. But she kinda grew on me with her innocence, her love for her aunt and her devotion to Dijun. I ached for them both - loving each other so much but could never be together. Why oh why did Dijun erase his name from the rock of Three Incarnatons?! That scene where FJ asks him whether he would have fallen for her had he not erased his name from the rock and his answer... gah! SO painful.
  • I was a little disappointed that the show didn’t show us more of BQ and A-Li together. I was expecting BQ to be overcome with emotion after she gets her memories back and realizes that A-Li is her son. I would have expected her to have rushed to see him and spend more time with him. I was also disappointed that she didnt spend much time with him after YH died. The poor kid had to suffer alone. And because the show did such a great job showing us how good of a father YH is, it almost made BQ seem  like a terrible mother.
  • Considering Su Jin loved YH and was by his side since he was born, I can understand why she’d be upset over losing him to another woman. But I still hate her. Also, how did she not see that all the pain she caused Su Su only hurt YH more? She was hell bent on getting rid of Su Su that she failed to see YH suffer because of it. 
  • I found some aspects of the show a little confusing like the difference in hierarchy, how they attained higher statuses, whether all deity underwent trials to ascend, how they die if they are considered immortals... also, if the rock of Three Incarnations contained their “fated mates” and cannot be changed, how come no one bothered to just go there to see who they’re meant to be with? Lol
  • I wish we got one more extra episode letting us see YH and BQ together after marriage, spending time with A-Li and maybe having another child. They went through so much together and I just wanted some more scenes of just pure fluff and love and happiness. Lol
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

wait a minute,

in that case.. is yang mi's voice yang mi's and MZ's MZ in ten miles?

No, their voices were dubbed by other people. I think the same woman also dubbed Yang Mi’s voice in Legend of Fuyao. The man who dubbed Mark Chao is quite famous. If you scroll back the previous pages, someone posted a link to him.

I enjoyed the drama when it was being broadcast last year. I still occasionally watch Ep. 30, my favourite episode.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, omiki said:

No, their voices were dubbed by other people. I think the same woman also dubbed Yang Mi’s voice in Legend of Fuyao. The man who dubbed Mark Chao is quite famous. If you scroll back the previous pages, someone posted a link to him.

I enjoyed the drama when it was being broadcast last year. I still occasionally watch Ep. 30, my favourite episode.

wow.. the voices are one big part of the character..

quite honestly i loved the voice first , MZ's acting took some time..

and YM's voice is deadly.. the way she says YW lovingly.. its one b'ful voice

(bts sounds similar though)

Smart china, forcing upon an industry.. creates new jobs and more work for voice artists

Ques: what are the rules regarding making love in mortal form vs god form?

like virginity returns or not?

otherwise the women in the heavenly realm unnecessary talk about marriage and chastity..

and what this also means is that YH did not care that master Mo yuan will not get his disciple Si yin virgin..  :P

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

otherwise the women in the heavenly realm unnecessary talk about marriage and chastity..

and what this also means is that YH did not care that master Mo yuan will not get his disciple Si yin virgin..  :P

@enigmatic_zephy I think if a god/goddess makes love in their mortal form, it’s the same as them making love in their immortal form because when Bai Feng Jui lost her virginity to Dijun while they were both mortal, her father scolded her for losing her “chastity” to him and I think that’s also why he asked Dijun to marry her. 

Did you guys find it weird that Bai Qian made love to Ye Hua even though they were only engaged and not married and the fact that she had not regained her memories of him? They make such a big deal when it comes to propriety and yet they just slept with each other 

5 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@enigmatic_zephy I think if a god/goddess makes love in their mortal form, it’s the same as them making love in their immortal form because when Bai Feng Jui lost her virginity to Dijun while they were both mortal, her father scolded her for losing her “chastity” to him and I think that’s also why he asked Dijun to marry her. 

Did you guys find it weird that Bai Qian made love to Ye Hua even though they were only engaged and not married and the fact that she had not regained her memories of him? They make such a big deal when it comes to propriety and yet they just slept with each other 

I think that largely happened because one, Bai Qian doesn't care much about social norms, and her parents dote on her so they wouldn't punish or think less of her for it, and two because Ye Hua is Crown Prince and three hundred years after he lost Susu he's learned to be a bit more shameless/doesn't care about other people's opinions/independent. 

I think it's largely the other characters in the show who get upset about propriety (AKA stupid Heaven people) the Fox clan doesn't seem to care too much about rules, and from what I can recall that's where Bai Qian and Ye Hua spent their time together anyway. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mouse007 said:

he he.. because its BQ i don't find it weird,

because in the third sect, she is already "old" 140 K yrs old right.. she is already reverred in 3 realms, is a queen who is going to ask her anything..

and most importantly its BQ - she is as free spirited as she can be..

and really, if gods keep getting punished like this frequently by being sent to mortal world and go through the cycle of life, what propriety? :P

( hmm.. but FJ was never mortal.. she didn't go through the birth cycle.. she was what was YH with BQ when BQ had lost her memories.. because taking birth and growing up.. would automatically set the seal right :) ) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 9/6/2018 at 3:29 AM, enigmatic_zephy said:

Virginity does not return (what a strange concept that would be - if you’ve had your first time, then you’ve had your first time, does it matter what form you’re in? Virginity is not just physical. Memories of your first time means it’s your first time), but that’s besides the point. YH doesn’t care because BQ is his wife. She was never actually a “mortal” so she did not have a “mortal form”, even as Su Su. She was not “reborn” into the mortal realm as a mortal in the same way that YH was (the punishment for killing the 4 beasts). BQ only had her powers suppressed, memories suppressed, and (in the book) facial appearance slightly changed. Hence, she went for god-knows-how-long without eating before YH came and lived with her in the hut. As for Mo Yuan, Ye Hua didn’t care because it’s waaay too late to worry about virginity when they have a child! :D And this isn’t what they did in the drama, but in the book, after YH gives her the soul lamp, it’s actually BQ who initiates and clearly expresses to YH she wants to make love to him. In the book, she asks YH, “Would you like to spend a wild and passionate night with me?” :w00t:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mouse007 said:

The book explains that Qing Qiu has no such rules about marriage and virginity. People who are in love will come together and be in a monogamous relationship forever, and a child out of wedlock is not an issue. The heavenly realm has all the strict rules, though most are polygamous with a harem. How ironic, ay! Same with how (in the book) Li Jing is homosexual but BQ doesn’t see anything wrong with that because Qing Qiu is free and progressive. But homosexuality would be majorly shameful in the heavenly realm.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 9/4/2018 at 4:08 AM, enigmatic_zephy said:

oh comeon, he had the advantage of them fighting and tiring the demons.. he had help , it wasn't that he was fighting alone.. and neither were his fights that awesome!..

with that regard, centuries old (much much older than YH) Fox king got the weed without killing the demons, without getting hand ripped off .. 

lol.. this whole scenario is funny for me!

I think fox clan has their priorities, intelligence well sorted out.. romance comes first, kids later, monogamy, no nonsense rituals, free kingdom, drink and merry..

The book implies that YH killed the 4 beasts BECAUSE he was so powerful. His mission (as he promised Tian Jun) is to sink Ying Zhou Island and destroy all Divine Grass. He kinda had to kill the beasts, unless he was going to capture them by himself (which is kinda impossible lol). The Fox King didn’t get his arm eaten, but also didn’t need to kill the beasts because he wasn’t under decree to do so. This is all book stuff. The drama was a mess here! Also, the fact that Fox King is hundreds of thousands years older than YH only means that his cultivation is amazing. YH, at his age, should NOT be this amazing (it is only because he is ACTUALLY kinda much older due to being ACTUALLY the son of Father God and ACTUAL twin brother of Mo Yuan, which technically makes him at least as old as Fox King). This is why Ye Hua achieves his ascension even earlier than Mo Yuan. And the drama uses an older man and woman to portray BQ’s parents but i think that is for the practicality of visuals only. I imagine with such high cultivation and being of direct godly descent, her parents also would not physically age beyond the optimal age (like BQ, Dong Hua, etc.). They’re like the Twilight vampires lol.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

The book implies that YH killed the 4 beasts BECAUSE he was so powerful. His mission (as he promised Tian Jun) is to sink Ying Zhou Island and destroy all Divine Grass. He kinda had to kill the beasts, unless he was going to capture them by himself (which is kinda impossible lol). The Fox King didn’t get his arm eaten, but also didn’t need to kill the beasts because he wasn’t under decree to do so. This is all book stuff. The drama was a mess here! Also, the fact that Fox King is hundreds of thousands years older than YH only means that his cultivation is amazing. YH, at his age, should NOT be this amazing (it is only because he is ACTUALLY kinda much older due to being ACTUALLY the son of Father God and ACTUAL twin brother of Mo Yuan, which technically makes him at least as old as Fox King). This is why Ye Hua achieves his ascension even earlier than Mo Yuan. And the drama uses an older man and woman to portray BQ’s parents but i think that is for the practicality of visuals only. I imagine with such high cultivation and being of direct godly descent, her parents also would not physically age beyond the optimal age (like BQ, Dong Hua, etc.). They’re like the Twilight vampires lol.

how sad,

god couldn't predict that his two sons.. god themselves.. will basically think and act around the same girl..

while its a b'ful love story.. but in terms of message/moral of the story.. this is all just so sad.. and not right

The book explains that Qing Qiu has no such rules about marriage and virginity. People who are in love will come together and be in a monogamous relationship forever, and a child out of wedlock is not an issue. The heavenly realm has all the strict rules, though most are polygamous with a harem. How ironic, ay! Same with how (in the book) Li Jing is homosexual but BQ doesn’t see anything wrong with that because Qing Qiu is free and progressive. But homosexuality would be majorly shameful in the heavenly realm.

oh li jing is her 4th brother?

he is homosexual, really?

sweet..

this group is fun BQ, her 4th brother, her wine maker mentor

Virginity does not return, but that’s besides the point. YH doesn’t care because BQ is his wife. She was never actually a “mortal” so she did not have a “mortal form”, even as Su Su. She was not “reborn” into the mortal realm as a mortal in the same way that YH was (the punishment for killing the 4 beasts). BQ only had her powers suppressed, memories suppressed, and (in the book) facial appearance slightly changed. Hence, she went for god-knows-how-long without eating before YH came and lived with her in the hut. As for Mo Yuan, Ye Hua didn’t care because it’s waaay too late to worry about virginity when they have a child! :D And this isn’t what they did in the drama, but in the book, after YH gives her the soul lamp, it’s actually BQ who initiates and clearly expresses to YH she wants to make love to him. In the book, she asks YH, “Would you like to spend a wild and passionate night with me?” :w00t:

lol.. not that..

YH doesn't care that when BQ goes to MY, she will not be virgin.. or rather.. he didn't want her to be before she goes to him :)

its hmm.. like leaving a mark.. i like it

but ofcourse, if you say VG doesn't come back (in this case BQ never once went to mortal world so not.. neither did FJ.. but if BQ was to be punished and made to go through the cycle of life.. virginity has to come back.. it will right.. it has to because the same body is changing its form.. its not that there is a body in heavens and duplicate takes birth in mortal world)

Virginity does not return, but that’s besides the point. YH doesn’t care because BQ is his wife. She was never actually a “mortal” so she did not have a “mortal form”, even as Su Su. She was not “reborn” into the mortal realm as a mortal in the same way that YH was (the punishment for killing the 4 beasts). BQ only had her powers suppressed, memories suppressed, and (in the book) facial appearance slightly changed. Hence, she went for god-knows-how-long without eating before YH came and lived with her in the hut. As for Mo Yuan, Ye Hua didn’t care because it’s waaay too late to worry about virginity when they have a child! :D And this isn’t what they did in the drama, but in the book, after YH gives her the soul lamp, it’s actually BQ who initiates and clearly expresses to YH she wants to make love to him. In the book, she asks YH, “Would you like to spend a wild and passionate night with me?” :w00t:

h aha h ah.. give me the book

47 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

oh li jing is her 4th brother?

he is homosexual, really?

sweet..

this group is fun BQ, her 4th brother, her wine maker mentor

No, Li Jing is BQ’s first love, the Ghost Prince. In the book, he had homosexual feelings towards BQ when she was in boy form (Si Yin). Of course, in the drama they made it that he worked out immediately that Si Yin is actually female.

4th brother and Zhe Yan are homosexual lovers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, does someone know the link for the the e version of this book English translated? I found the link to read the pillow book but can't find the translated version of this.

Sorry for asking so late, I just watched this drama last month and STILL can't get over it. I keep listening to the OST and watching the mvs :tears:

On 9/16/2018 at 4:54 PM, roxnilla7 said:

Hi everyone, does someone know the link for the the e version of this book English translated? I found the link to read the pillow book but can't find the translated version of this.

Sorry for asking so late, I just watched this drama last month and STILL can't get over it. I keep listening to the OST and watching the mvs :tears:

Please buy “To The Sky Kingdom” on Amazon, translated by Poppy Toland. There is NO free translated version of this book because the fan-translator deleted it and does not want it circulated. It wasn’t a good translation anyway. Spend a few bucks and buy an official copy on Kindle or whatever, and give the author her dues. The free translated version of The Pillow Book was commissioned by Tang Qi and had 3 translators, so it was done well and with permission. :)