[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

On 5/19/2020 at 3:45 AM, beldaran said:

So I'd been waiting for this drama for years... from when it was announced. I somehow missed when it finally came out... and I would have missed it completely if a friend hadn't been gushing about Ye Hua's hair online. I looked up this drama, "Eternal Love"... and realized it was Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. XD;; So I'm really behind.

I got obsessed. I watched all the episodes in less than 5 days (I was still working my full time hours in between watching...). I watched the movie with Yang Yang and Yi Fei and was not really into it. (The cooking scene was so embarrassing for me XD; It was indeed pretty, though.) I bought the translated book and read it, and needed more! I tried reading the manhua translations, but I don't think I'm that into it.

I have so many thoughts! But here's just a few of the more controversial ones:

• Bai Qian kicks so much butt! Or she could, but didn't get to so much. I'm just sad that towards the end, she didn't get to show as much of it. Whenever Ye Hua was around, she didn't really get to fight (except when she got to dole out a couple of punishments at the Purple Palace)... I really think we should have given her a chance to fight Qing Cang at the very end, instead of just holding her back. XD;
  • I thought that Episode 36 in the drama when they finally got together... seemed a little, umm, questionable... but it was handled much better in the movie and the book.
  • Bai Qian didn't seem to have as much agency. She has so much potential to be more!
  • I keep wondering about how they don't seem to be taking enough care of A-Li XD;; I'm not sure Ye Hua really wants another baby, as much as he wants to get busy. :x
  • I understand that Ye Hua loved and did so much for Su Su... but I think she is allowed to feel extremely hurt and betrayed by all that had happened. Standing in her shoes.. fully standing in her shoes... means being the one whose eyes were gouged out. It was definitely bloodier in the book.

In any case, being obsessed and browsing about, I hear that there are epilogues. I did get to see the translation for the A Li Epilogue... but sadly could not find the translation for Ye Hua's epilogue anymore. (Could somebody help me?)

In the meanwhile, I've tried looking at the Chinese ebooks and the Viet translation that @rabbit_casa linked a few posts back. I don't speak or read either Chinese or Vietnamese. (By the way, the Viet translation appears to only have Part 2 of the Ye Hua epilogue, not the Part 1.) I've tried doing some machine translation to get an overview and do some word-for-word lookups.... Anyway, it turns out that there are more than just two epilogues?

The earlier ebook has 4 epilogues:

• Ye Hua Extra Story 
    This is the one that's been called the Ye Hua Epilogue... that goes through Ye Hua's side of the story, from his birth to the time when they meet again at the Eastern Sea.
  • Bai Zhen Extra Story
    This is the story of Bai Zhen's birth and how, as a child, he climbed on Zhe Yan's lap and kissed him
  • 14 Questions for the Ye Hua - Bai Qian couple
    An interview style Q&A, with the author asking questions from Xiao Ye (Ye Hua) and Xiao Bai (Bai Qian)
  • Spoof Extra: The Dumpling's Great Name 
    This is the one that's been called the A Li Epilogue... where he ran away because Bai Qian wanted to rename him to "Black Son"

The souvenir edition appears to have 6 epilogues:

• Extra Story 1: Lifetime Tribulation
    This is the Ye Hua Epilogue
  • Extra Story 2: The So-called Conquest
    This is the Bai Zhen Epilogue
  • Extra Story 3: The So-called Peach Blossom
    Tianjun celebrates his birthday with a looong party. Everyone is invited and all the parents tell their young single daughters to pay attention to the bachelors: Mo Yuan, Zhe Yan, and Bai Zhen.... except they're all intent on Ye Hua. They all think they can compete with that old lady Bai Qian... until they see Ye Hua and Bai Qian together. Bai Qian is gorgeous and is pretty much "gatekeeping" for Ye Hua. Ye Hua is attentive towards Bai Qian.... and breaks all the little fairies' hearts.
  • Extra Story 4: The So-called Reward
    The fairies of the Ninth Sky notice that Ye Hua has warmed/softened a bit, but there are still times when he gets upset.... It's pretty much every time A Li gets in the way of his quality private time with Bai Qian. A Li is also upset about how his dad keeps getting in the way of him spending time/sleeping with his mom. A Li tries to think of a way to make his mom happy, and decides to take top honors at a test. He does, and Ye Hua is extremely happy. He says it's because he's proud of his son... It turns out that the reward for getting top honors is for him to study in Kunlun for three years.
  • Extra Story 5: The So-called Great Name
    This is the A Li Epilogue.
  • Extra Story 6: Through the Years
    This is a reflection on encounters with Qing Cang. I'm not sure whose, though. Maybe Ninth Brother? I think the other person might be the Earth God by Ruoshui River. It starts off with a memory of the final battle with Qing Cang - how Ye Hua had stabbed him so many times, he was riddled with holes like a lotus flower, and how Bai Qian held tightly to him after. It then reflects back to 17 and 9's first encounter with Qing Cang and the kidnapping. It then talks briefly about the time when Bai Qian sealed Qing Cang, and he kept calling her name and gloating.... It ends with him (Ninth?) going back to Mo Yuan's place.

If anybody has English translations to any of the above, I would appreciate it. I would love to read it from a good language flow than what I've been trying to do. XD;;

@Romulan So far I haven't read the 6th epilogue "Through the years" that apparently in the souvenir edition. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, miss secret said:

Any idea why sujin was punished for doing evil deeds to bai qian when she is just following what is written in the book of fate ? It is not under her control 

What is written there? So long since I watched this drama …  but one of my favourites still. Su jin’s actions were decided and executed by her. Why is it not under her control? She should be responsible for her actions and suffer the consequences accordingly.

On 8/17/2021 at 3:11 PM, miss secret said:

Any idea why sujin was punished for doing evil deeds to bai qian when she is just following what is written in the book of fate ? It is not under her control 

There's no Book of Fate in TMOPB. Rather, Sujin was obsessing with Ye Hua even if it's common knowledge that the Jiuchongtian Crown Prince will be married to Bai Qian. That doesn't give her the right either to hurt Su Su as it is none of her business whoever Ye Hua takes as his wife. 

She is eventually punished after Bai Qian took back her eyes since she harmed the Queen of Qing Qiu and the grandson Yuan Zhen of Tianjun. Sujin would be later on stripped of her immortality after Ye Hua sacrificed his soul to the Bell of The East, as she ran away without sounding the alarm for help when Qing Cang broke free.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 12:12 AM, omiki said:

What is written there? So long since I watched this drama …  but one of my favourites still. Su jin’s actions were decided and executed by her. Why is it not under her control? She should be responsible for her actions and suffer the consequences accordingly.

Yes it is. But it is part of susu’s trials for ascension. And it means it is already written that she will suffer under sujin. Am I right? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, miss secret said:

Yes it is. But it is part of susu’s trials for ascension. And it means it is already written that she will suffer under sujin. Am I right? 

No fate was written for Bai Qian/Su Su for her high goddess ascension, which happens to be a love trial. First, she only appears mortal, but she's still an immortal whose powers were sealed by Qing Cang. Second, Si Ming did not write her a fate, and neither can he for immortals' ascension tests. Third, even if her powers were not sealed, Bai Qian will still go through the love trial with Ye Hua albeit Su Jin and other celestials will not be able to physically take advantage of her nor use their status that much against her. 

• Like 2

Oh, you mean the ‘love trial’. I believe it was understood that she would have to go through a trial to be promoted to the next level, but it is different for different ‘gods’. As BQ was born into the prestigious fox clan, and already possessing high level of ‘cultivation’, the choices of her trial would be rather limited, and therefore, it ended up being the love trial. Notwithstanding that, it is not explicitly stated how and who would be part of the trial, so the events that followed were entirely the decisions of the characters. Of course, YH suffered the most for his part in the trial, losing Su Su and all, but you can say that Su Jin also contributed to Su Su’s misery through her actions, so that’s why she had to suffer the consequences later.

hmmm … makes me want to rewatch this drama again …

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I really love this drama. One of the rare instances for me when the drama was better than the book.

No offense novel fans and diehards but I had to reread some chapters due to timeline issues.

The drama timeline was certainly messed up on when Ye Hua and Feng Jiu were born. ^_^ 

IMO, EL and ELOD could have even been better if the events overlaps in the TMOPB and TPB novels were the same in the dramas, but due to story rights both have parts that are made up.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Five years from first broadcast, Eternal Love is aired by Huace TV Thailand. Dubbed in Thai, Eternal Love is shown every Mon-Wed at 6:45pm local time.

For the subbed in Thai version, Eternal Love airs Thurs-Sun from 9:00pm local time.

• Blob 1

On 1/31/2022 at 2:53 AM, SilverDawn said:

Makes me want to re-watch this drama AGAIN :lol:

If there's a re-watch party for TMOPB, count me in! :D

1 hour ago, taekwang said:

i have rewatched countless times.... cried many times toooo.... until i try to skip those episodes, the super sad ones.

Bai Qian's disbelief when Ye Hua told her she must give up her eyes, and her walk to Zhuxian terrace still get me. :(

• Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

If there's a re-watch party for TMOPB, count me in! :D

Bai Qian's disbelief when Ye Hua told her she must give up her eyes, and her walk to Zhuxian terrace still get me. :(

yes, it is this part that i dun understand and hated. will skip this section to spare my tears from falling non stop and nose running, big bundle of tissues on the floor... 

• Like 2