[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

24 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

The final cut for that scene where he carried her over his shoulder was pretty funny but that must have been tough on both of them. :lol:

Gosh, I won't be surprised if Yang Mi felt like barfing afterwards. That must have been hard to her stomach.

27 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I think most Asian actors work out in the gym not just because they want to look good; they know there are alot of "carry the girl in your arms and make it look effortless" scenes waiting for them- oh and don't crack your wig while you're at it!

The girls look slender, but after several takes their arms will also get numb and fatigued. :lol:

28 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Remember the scene where Xuan Nu was left bleeding at the entrance of Kunlun? I saw some bts and it took them great effort to lift her from that position. :lol: That's why that scene didn't make it to the final cut and we don't actually see Die Feng and the other disciples lift her from the ground. 

And there were 3 of them. LOL! Si Ming also had to carry FJ. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, beldaran said:

I have the raws for these (ended up buying the books), but I have not seen anybody do actual English translations as yet.

No so far only A-Li's extra story regarding his name and Ye Hua's epilogue have been translated by fans as far as I'm aware. And I think I once read a part of Bai Zhen's story somewhere, but I think it was mixed with fanfiction. 

So thank you for sharing your translation of the extra story! :foryou:

Story 3, 4 and 6 are new to me. @MayanEcho have you heard of those?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Story 3, 4 and 6 are new to me. @MayanEcho have you heard of those?

No, but then most of us only had the To The Sky Kingdom for the novel. I'm assuming that the officially released book in Mandarin and in other languages may have more than Toland's translation.

About Ali, the mini outtakes over his name and DH telling him if he's his father he will be sent to Kunlun are the most that I know of.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I love this scene between DH and FJ in Ten miles peach blossom, when she met DH while drunk (thanks to Cheng Yu) 

Omg one of my fave scenes :D That cheeky smirk behind that serious facade. I can watch this on loop whole day with a big wide grin and laughter. 

How can we not fall for them? :wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote Images, thanks!
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Omg one of my fave scenes :D That cheeky smirk behind that serious facade. I can watch this on loop whole day with a big wide grin and laughter. 

How can we not fall for them? :wub:

Yes, it's scenes like that that can dispel blue moods instantly. :lol:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@SilverDawn

Lookie at this link I found in the first page of this thread. :lol:

http://book.kanunu.org/files/yqxs/201104/2460.html

In autotranslated text, Ye Hua POV and Bai Zhen's story are included. 

So Bai Zhen was a little vain too of his looks as a little wrinkly fox. Hahahaha!

Thanks! :lol: I will need to go through this thread... perhaps there are more goodies. But first I'll read BZ's story. :fullofhearts:

• Like 2

On 10/28/2020 at 12:40 AM, MayanEcho said:

@SilverDawn

Lookie at this link I found in the first page of this thread. :lol:

http://book.kanunu.org/files/yqxs/201104/2460.html

In autotranslated text, Ye Hua POV and Bai Zhen's story are included. 

So Bai Zhen was a little vain too of his looks as a little wrinkly fox. Hahahaha!

Found BZ's (translated)  story online :D@  https://threelivesthreeworlds.tumblr.com/post/614494193559191552/the-bai-zhen-and-zhe-yan-extra-chapter-when-bai

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

40 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Nyahahaha, he never expected to be described ugly by their guest for his 1st birthday.

:doggie:

Honestly, I have trouble imagining him as ugly... :lol:

It's a cute little story though! btw If you search for a bit on that blog you'll also find excerpts of Lotus Step. :) 

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

20 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Honestly, I have trouble imagining him as ugly... :lol:

It's a cute little story though! btw If you search for a bit on that blog you'll also find excerpts of Lotus Step. :) 

Yeah, but then, maybe he was as a 1 year old fox on that particular day,  hahaha!

I did see those for Lotus Steps. That's why if DH gets broke, he'll be rich again if he collects boarding and library fees from Tianjun for Lian Song, his half-son. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 10/23/2020 at 7:51 AM, omiki said:

It’s nice to see that people are still watching this very enjoyable drama. Well, it’s been more than two years since I watched this. Let me see if I can recall. There are several types of “trials” or sufferings that they may have to go through, eg. sickness, disability, death of a loved one, etc. BQ’s trial was to suffer from her love for someone, thus it is called a ‘love trial’. So the idea is that if you survive the ‘trial’, you will emerge stronger and more powerful, and achieve a higher ‘level’ of your cultivation. Hope that helps! Enjoy the rest of the drama :)

Thank you . But can an immortal undergoes love trial ? For susu , she became a mortal and then she undergoes a love trial . But how about immortal ? What if they die from the love trial?  what will happen ? Isn’t that still useless? Who is deciding for their trial? 

• Like 4

Well, normally they will have to ‘descend’ to mortal realm to experience their trial. Yes, it is possible to ‘die’ or not survive their trial, for example, Dong Hua Di Jun lost 90% of his powers because his trial was not ‘properly’  experienced ( you may recall that he died prematurely from a broken heart so he did not experience the sufferings of old age which was part of his trial). It was mentioned in passing that some weaker immortals disintegrated into nothingness when they failed their trials. I’m not sure who decides the type of trial - I vaguely recall that there is some immortal who is in-charge of this, but Si Ming is the one who ‘writes the story’, like a drama script writer. So he can decide things like what family the mortal  will be born into, who the mortal will interact with, life events,  when there will be an incident, etc. However, the mortal can still change the course of events by making his or her own decisions which will affect the outcome. 

• Like 4

@omiki Si Ming writes the "the book of fate" for mortals. But as for the fates of immortals, I don't think that's his job;  because Si Ming is also Di Jun's subordinate he is asked to write "a story" for him when he decended into the mortal realm. :) 

Immortals can (if they study) predict their own trials. Zhe Yan said somewhere that Bai Qian is fated to go through the loss of loved one(s) so her trial was no surprise. 

• Like 3

On 11/17/2020 at 8:40 AM, Koreandramafan said:

Is it possible for a person to experience hard trials in heavenly realm during his lifetime because the heavens wants to forge him through pain and suffering and save the world ? 

All trials are meant to build character, so there are no 'easy' trials. :) 

Those that survive and attain the High Immortal or High God status often carry or take on heavy burdens/responsibilities to protect the realms.

• Like 3