[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

7 hours ago, naomimi2212 said:

3rd book - The Bodhi Fate is about Mo Yuan & Shao Wan

4th book - Lotus Steps is about Lian Song & Cheng Yu

Unfortunately, she has stopped writing both of these books.

is Shao Wan in the first show??

7 hours ago, naomimi2212 said:

(Don’t worry, no spoilers) You absolutely should read The Pillow Book! I loved DH/FJ sooo much, even more than YH/BQ and that’s a LOT!!! PLEASE DON’T BE fooled by the “Eternal Love” drama because DH/FJ’s love story is very, very different to what was in the drama. Basically, NOTHING in the drama actually happens in The Pillow Book (although the drama did borrow some ideas and scenes). DH properly meets FJ at YH/BQ’s wedding at the beginning of the book. DH chases FJ rather than pushing her away. FJ doesn’t pester him like she did in the drama. Even the “mortal world” sequence in the first book where FJ goes to meet DH’s mortal incarnation (which was somewhat portayed in the drama) is given a MASSIVE twist when you realise what *really* happened from DH/FJ’s point of view, rather than BH’s. Like you, after the first book, I thought I wouldn’t be interested in DH/FJ’s story. How VERY WRONG i was because i’m now sooo obsessed with them!!! <3

The pestering made me dislike their relationship in the first show.

Were YH/BQ in the second book? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wotad said:

is Shao Wan in the first show??

The pestering made me dislike their relationship in the first show.

Were YH/BQ in the second book? 

Shao Wan was briefly mentioned at the end of the first book but was not mentioned in the drama. The drama chose to emphasize Mo Yuan’s affections for BQ, but the book actually is not clear as to what he really feels towards BQ, and rather hints of his relationship with Shao wan. YH/BQ are in the second book. You start off with their wedding. They are mostly background characters but Rice Dumpling is FJ’s little sidekick and instigates a lot of her awkward/funny/embarrassing moments with DH. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, naomimi2212 said:

Shao Wan was briefly mentioned at the end of the first book but was not mentioned in the drama. The drama chose to emphasize Mo Yuan’s affections for BQ, but the book actually is not clear as to what he really feels towards BQ, and rather hints of his relationship with Shao wan. YH/BQ are in the second book. You start off with their wedding. They are mostly background characters but Rice Dumpling is FJ’s little sidekick and instigates a lot of her awkward/funny/embarrassing moments with DH. :)

ok thanks im excited to see what happens. 

I rank this third after both NIF series. 

2017-02-16+16_08_31.giftumblr_om05uuV3O21vem8apo7_r1_540.gif&ke

When you really love drama's, you live for stories such as this... A fantasy that becomes reality within your heart...

@angelangie I not only like C-drama I love it and in 2017 there were more than a few that were really good.  But if I had been asked what drama from anywhere would you pick for drama of the year.  This one would have been it!  For so many reasons even knowing that each person has their own for loving this story. 

Yet to me it's not just the beauty that surrounded these characters which was breath taking.  But the characters that were brought to life by these talented actors.  Who placed themselves within the skin of each of their personalities and allowed the writers words to become their reality and ours...

I won't ever forget this OTP's love story that was full of hardships and struggles but also passion and tenderness.  Courage and resolve to hold onto what is within their hearts no matter what they must face.  Through not only ones lifetime but beyond even that.  It was so unique and moving from your eyes to your heart.  Your heart to your soul that it lingers and I believe will be remembered like the sweetness of honey and will stay with you for even your lifetime as well... 

No matter the language this story that is considered a fantasy was able to show love in more than one way.  Allows you to see and absorb it's ideas.  Yes even reflect on it's lessons that are true not only about a love that can last forever but in never giving up hope no matter what the sacrifice might be.  They took a story full of fantasy and allowed us to see the reality within it...

Which reminds me of another great story teller Walt Disney and a song I learned as a child. " A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" there are stories that like love stay with you forever...

:heart:usafarmgirl

On 1/29/2018 at 5:57 PM, naomimi2212 said:

(Don’t worry, no spoilers) You absolutely should read The Pillow Book! I loved DH/FJ sooo much, even more than YH/BQ and that’s a LOT!!! PLEASE DON’T BE fooled by the “Eternal Love” drama because DH/FJ’s love story is very, very different to what was in the drama. Basically, NOTHING in the drama actually happens in The Pillow Book (although the drama did borrow some ideas and scenes). DH properly meets FJ at YH/BQ’s wedding at the beginning of the book. DH chases FJ rather than pushing her away. FJ doesn’t pester him like she did in the drama. Even the “mortal world” sequence in the first book where FJ goes to meet DH’s mortal incarnation (which was somewhat portayed in the drama) is given a MASSIVE twist when you realise what *really* happened from DH/FJ’s point of view, rather than BH’s. Like you, after the first book, I thought I wouldn’t be interested in DH/FJ’s story. How VERY WRONG i was because i’m now sooo obsessed with them!!! <3

Hahaha. Thanks! I'll definitely read the pillow book, after all I've heard many great reviews about it. DJ and FJ may not be my favourite couple out there, but I definitely thought they had a lot of potential to become one. Unfortunately the drama didn't explore it all I guess, and I ended up fast forwarding through their scenes.sigh. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes this drama calls out to you and you stop everything to just sit and watch those favorite parts that were to beautiful to forget...  It's able to turn a black & white kind of day into one full of amazing color...

@angelangie  I think @kokodus & I are really in a drama slump of sort...  I am rewatching this drama right now and mostly the OTP moments but dang they still really move my heart and as much as I love a few others this one is the one I keep coming back to when I just need my heart lifted and I know you both know what I mean!!!!

Just this one BTS example is so inspiring to watch in knowing just how these two actors gave more than 100% of themselves.  I truly believe that's why this drama stands out and is without a doubt one of the best!!!:heart:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m sooo late in this game, but I have to put out my two cents. For a long time I wasn’t really into cdramas (mainly because of the female character). But after watching this drama, this has changed my thinking. Wow! What a story. Great acting! Loved it! I’m so happy that they will be giving us a sequel. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 6:14 AM, laura0709 said:

I have the pdf version of hamster's translation. Let me know your email ... I'll send it you

Hi Laura! Would it be possible to email me hamsters translation for ten miles peach blossom? Thank you so much in advance. Raisin821@yahoo.com is my email,

5 hours ago, Sawi Ittidecharchoti said:

Hi Laura! Would it be possible to email me hamsters translation for ten miles peach blossom? Thank you so much in advance. Raisin821@yahoo.com is my email,

Honestly, i wouldn’t bother. It is so, so poorly translated and has entire chapters missing. Buy “To the Sky Kingdom” officially translated by Poppy Toland. You’ll enjoy it a billion times more. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naomimi2212 said:

Honestly, i wouldn’t bother. It is so, so poorly translated and has entire chapters missing. Buy “To the Sky Kingdom” officially translated by Poppy Toland. You’ll enjoy it a billion times more. :)

Oh really? I will do that too, thank you! I kept hearing Hamsters translation was better. I did read both Pillow Books translated by Hamster and enjoyed it. I can’t wait for movie version.

1 hour ago, Sawi Ittidecharchoti said:

Oh really? I will do that too, thank you! I kept hearing Hamsters translation was better. I did read both Pillow Books translated by Hamster and enjoyed it. I can’t wait for movie version.

That’s because there were 2 other people who co-translated Pillow Book with Hamster so it was done really well! :wink: Pillow Book is my favourite! <3 I don’t know what people are comparing Hamster’s translation of 10MPB to. But i have both Hamster’s and To The Sky Kingdom and there’s no comparison as to the readability. Hamster’s one skips all the Mount Kunlun chapters and has spelling and grammatical mistakes in every sentence. The ONLY thing you should read from Hamster’s is Ye Hua’s Epilogue, which is missing from To The Sky Kingdom. I AM ABSOLUTELY DYING FOR THE PILLOW BOOK DRAMAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, naomimi2212 said:

That’s because there were 2 other people who co-translated Pillow Book with Hamster so it was done really well! :wink: Pillow Book is my favourite! <3 I don’t know what people are comparing Hamster’s translation of 10MPB to. But i have both Hamster’s and To The Sky Kingdom and there’s no comparison as to the readability. Hamster’s one skips all the Mount Kunlun chapters and has spelling and grammatical mistakes in every sentence. The ONLY thing you should read from Hamster’s is Ye Hua’s Epilogue, which is missing from To The Sky Kingdom. I AM ABSOLUTELY DYING FOR THE PILLOW BOOK DRAMAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the info!!! People were comparing Hamster’s translation to Poppy’s To the Sky Kingdom translation but I am going to go ahead and read that one now because of what you mentioned above!! So excited haha.I love love Pillow Book!!!! Dying for drama too! I’m so happy the same actors will be portraying them!! Love Dijun. I will probably re read Pillow Book ;P where can I read Ye Hua’s Epilogue??? Would you be able to send it to my email?? thank you again!☺️☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sawi Ittidecharchoti said:

Thank you for the info!!! People were comparing Hamster’s translation to Poppy’s To the Sky Kingdom translation but I am going to go ahead and read that one now because of what you mentioned above!! So excited haha.I love love Pillow Book!!!! Dying for drama too! I’m so happy the same actors will be portraying them!! Love Dijun. I will probably re read Pillow Book ;P where can I read Ye Hua’s Epilogue??? Would you be able to send it to my email?? thank you again!☺️☺️

Emailed you! Let me know if you’ve got it. <3

• Like 1