Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

Okay I'm pretty late on the news. Work has gotten the best of me and I just heard about Dilireba and Vengo reprising their roles so I am ecstatic about this. And like @meifang89 I am curious if it'll be Yangmi production that is going to take charge of it given how successful and great they did with 3L3W.

I would've of love to have the writer complete her 3rd and 4th book (if ever) so that Yangmi production can just tackle the enter series.

Anywho, I am just uber happy about this news! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wotad said:

is there a 3rd book?

I heard the 3rd book is about Mo Yuan & Shao Wan or Lian Song & Cheng Yu :huh:

20 minutes ago, meifang89 said:

I heard the 3rd book is about Mo Yuan & Shao Wan or Lian Song & Cheng Yu :huh:

3rd book - The Bodhi Fate is about Mo Yuan & Shao Wan

4th book - Lotus Steps is about Lian Song & Cheng Yu

Unfortunately, she has stopped writing both of these books.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2018 at 7:57 PM, kokodus said:

Ooooo YESSS @angelangie I saw this news this morning. I hope YH/Mark Chao and BQ/Yang mi will make an appearance here as well. Please please please make this happen drama gods. A cameo at least. I would take whatever they give me. LOL. That said Dilraba is such a cutie pie, I'm so looking forward to this spinoff/sequel although I haven't read the pillow books yet. I know I'm such a YH/BQ devotee, and I heard they don't appear much in the pillow books so I just skipped them. Lol. But if it is as epic as season 1, I promise I'll go and read the pillow books. Kekeke. 

(Don’t worry, no spoilers) You absolutely should read The Pillow Book! I loved DH/FJ sooo much, even more than YH/BQ and that’s a LOT!!! PLEASE DON’T BE fooled by the “Eternal Love” drama because DH/FJ’s love story is very, very different to what was in the drama. Basically, NOTHING in the drama actually happens in The Pillow Book (although the drama did borrow some ideas and scenes). DH properly meets FJ at YH/BQ’s wedding at the beginning of the book. DH chases FJ rather than pushing her away. FJ doesn’t pester him like she did in the drama. Even the “mortal world” sequence in the first book where FJ goes to meet DH’s “mortal incarnation” (which was somewhat portayed in the drama) is given a MASSIVE twist when you realise what *really* happened from DH/FJ’s point of view, rather than BH’s. Like you, after the first book, I thought I wouldn’t be interested in DH/FJ’s story. How VERY WRONG i was because i’m now sooo obsessed with them!!! <3

• Like 4

There is always those dramas that you just can't let go of no matter how long it's been...:heart:

tumblr_omyu5gNC731vem8apo2_540.gif&key=9

7 hours ago, naomimi2212 said:

3rd book - The Bodhi Fate is about Mo Yuan & Shao Wan

4th book - Lotus Steps is about Lian Song & Cheng Yu

Unfortunately, she has stopped writing both of these books.

is Shao Wan in the first show??

7 hours ago, naomimi2212 said:

(Don’t worry, no spoilers) You absolutely should read The Pillow Book! I loved DH/FJ sooo much, even more than YH/BQ and that’s a LOT!!! PLEASE DON’T BE fooled by the “Eternal Love” drama because DH/FJ’s love story is very, very different to what was in the drama. Basically, NOTHING in the drama actually happens in The Pillow Book (although the drama did borrow some ideas and scenes). DH properly meets FJ at YH/BQ’s wedding at the beginning of the book. DH chases FJ rather than pushing her away. FJ doesn’t pester him like she did in the drama. Even the “mortal world” sequence in the first book where FJ goes to meet DH’s mortal incarnation (which was somewhat portayed in the drama) is given a MASSIVE twist when you realise what *really* happened from DH/FJ’s point of view, rather than BH’s. Like you, after the first book, I thought I wouldn’t be interested in DH/FJ’s story. How VERY WRONG i was because i’m now sooo obsessed with them!!! <3

The pestering made me dislike their relationship in the first show.

Were YH/BQ in the second book? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wotad said:

is Shao Wan in the first show??

The pestering made me dislike their relationship in the first show.

Were YH/BQ in the second book? 

Shao Wan was briefly mentioned at the end of the first book but was not mentioned in the drama. The drama chose to emphasize Mo Yuan’s affections for BQ, but the book actually is not clear as to what he really feels towards BQ, and rather hints of his relationship with Shao wan. YH/BQ are in the second book. You start off with their wedding. They are mostly background characters but Rice Dumpling is FJ’s little sidekick and instigates a lot of her awkward/funny/embarrassing moments with DH. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

There is always those dramas that you just can't let go of no matter how long it's been...:heart:

u like c-drama too? :D 

5 hours ago, naomimi2212 said:

Shao Wan was briefly mentioned at the end of the first book but was not mentioned in the drama. The drama chose to emphasize Mo Yuan’s affections for BQ, but the book actually is not clear as to what he really feels towards BQ, and rather hints of his relationship with Shao wan. YH/BQ are in the second book. You start off with their wedding. They are mostly background characters but Rice Dumpling is FJ’s little sidekick and instigates a lot of her awkward/funny/embarrassing moments with DH. :)

ok thanks im excited to see what happens. 

I rank this third after both NIF series. 

2017-02-16+16_08_31.giftumblr_om05uuV3O21vem8apo7_r1_540.gif&ke

When you really love drama's, you live for stories such as this... A fantasy that becomes reality within your heart...

@angelangie I not only like C-drama I love it and in 2017 there were more than a few that were really good.  But if I had been asked what drama from anywhere would you pick for drama of the year.  This one would have been it!  For so many reasons even knowing that each person has their own for loving this story. 

Yet to me it's not just the beauty that surrounded these characters which was breath taking.  But the characters that were brought to life by these talented actors.  Who placed themselves within the skin of each of their personalities and allowed the writers words to become their reality and ours...

I won't ever forget this OTP's love story that was full of hardships and struggles but also passion and tenderness.  Courage and resolve to hold onto what is within their hearts no matter what they must face.  Through not only ones lifetime but beyond even that.  It was so unique and moving from your eyes to your heart.  Your heart to your soul that it lingers and I believe will be remembered like the sweetness of honey and will stay with you for even your lifetime as well... 

No matter the language this story that is considered a fantasy was able to show love in more than one way.  Allows you to see and absorb it's ideas.  Yes even reflect on it's lessons that are true not only about a love that can last forever but in never giving up hope no matter what the sacrifice might be.  They took a story full of fantasy and allowed us to see the reality within it...

Which reminds me of another great story teller Walt Disney and a song I learned as a child. " A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" there are stories that like love stay with you forever...

:heart:usafarmgirl

On 1/29/2018 at 5:57 PM, naomimi2212 said:

(Don’t worry, no spoilers) You absolutely should read The Pillow Book! I loved DH/FJ sooo much, even more than YH/BQ and that’s a LOT!!! PLEASE DON’T BE fooled by the “Eternal Love” drama because DH/FJ’s love story is very, very different to what was in the drama. Basically, NOTHING in the drama actually happens in The Pillow Book (although the drama did borrow some ideas and scenes). DH properly meets FJ at YH/BQ’s wedding at the beginning of the book. DH chases FJ rather than pushing her away. FJ doesn’t pester him like she did in the drama. Even the “mortal world” sequence in the first book where FJ goes to meet DH’s mortal incarnation (which was somewhat portayed in the drama) is given a MASSIVE twist when you realise what *really* happened from DH/FJ’s point of view, rather than BH’s. Like you, after the first book, I thought I wouldn’t be interested in DH/FJ’s story. How VERY WRONG i was because i’m now sooo obsessed with them!!! <3

Hahaha. Thanks! I'll definitely read the pillow book, after all I've heard many great reviews about it. DJ and FJ may not be my favourite couple out there, but I definitely thought they had a lot of potential to become one. Unfortunately the drama didn't explore it all I guess, and I ended up fast forwarding through their scenes.sigh. 

I just found this on YouTube. He has a great voice but still I like the original better. 

• Like 1

Sometimes this drama calls out to you and you stop everything to just sit and watch those favorite parts that were to beautiful to forget...  It's able to turn a black & white kind of day into one full of amazing color...

6 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Sometimes this drama calls out to you and you stop everything to just sit and watch those favorite parts that were to beautiful to forget...  It's able to turn a black & white kind of day into one full of amazing color...

u know they have the best .... :) no matter how many times i watch it....im always drawn in like the first times

• Like 1

@angelangie  I think @kokodus & I are really in a drama slump of sort...  I am rewatching this drama right now and mostly the OTP moments but dang they still really move my heart and as much as I love a few others this one is the one I keep coming back to when I just need my heart lifted and I know you both know what I mean!!!!

Just this one BTS example is so inspiring to watch in knowing just how these two actors gave more than 100% of themselves.  I truly believe that's why this drama stands out and is without a doubt one of the best!!!:heart: