[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

On 6/14/2018 at 12:19 PM, redfoxprincess said:

That’s because there were 2 other people who co-translated Pillow Book with Hamster so it was done really well! :wink: Pillow Book is my favourite! <3 I don’t know what people are comparing Hamster’s translation of 10MPB to. But i have both Hamster’s and To The Sky Kingdom and there’s no comparison as to the readability. Hamster’s one skips all the Mount Kunlun chapters and has spelling and grammatical mistakes in every sentence. The ONLY thing you should read from Hamster’s is Ye Hua’s Epilogue, which is missing from To The Sky Kingdom. I AM ABSOLUTELY DYING FOR THE PILLOW BOOK DRAMAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello fr indonesia

Just bought the novel “ to sky kingdom” by amazon.

After watch the drama lol

Would you pls email me the (missing) ye hua’s epiloque in english please?

thank you sooo much for kind:)

any news for the pillow book novel translated by english possibility? Would like to buy

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 1:19 PM, redphoenixblossom said:

That’s because there were 2 other people who co-translated Pillow Book with Hamster so it was done really well! :wink: Pillow Book is my favourite! <3 I don’t know what people are comparing Hamster’s translation of 10MPB to. But i have both Hamster’s and To The Sky Kingdom and there’s no comparison as to the readability. Hamster’s one skips all the Mount Kunlun chapters and has spelling and grammatical mistakes in every sentence. The ONLY thing you should read from Hamster’s is Ye Hua’s Epilogue, which is missing from To The Sky Kingdom. I AM ABSOLUTELY DYING FOR THE PILLOW BOOK DRAMAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! I just saw this. Hehe. Do you still have a copy of YH's Epilogue? Can you please email it to me too? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so i am on ep 44, and here is my takeaway...

the best fighter in this whole world is the Fox King, Bi Quian' s father..

He alone did what heavenly lord's 2 sons couldn't, and which took male lead, second male lead, second male lead's sister, his wife, ghost tribe army, KM powerful student 16...  and for which clearly all other old leaders are too old to fight :P 

Fox kingdom for the win!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

While it has been very clear from the beginning who the "hero" is... in terms of physical appearance in episode 1,

I am guessing, Dijun's role was more than the second love story. In the sense, we are told repeatedly, how he is one of the oldest and most powerful god who has retired, why he is so unattached.

If one starts mapping his personality and thought process to Ye Hua, one can see the similarities.

Couple this analysis with the information provided to us

1. When Dijun is walking with another god talking about his calamity trial.. and the other person mentions how most of the old gods are "dead"

2. THe lotus was given to a very very powerful revered god Mo Youn to take care of.. 

3. We know souls attach themselves to any living object

4. Someone like Dijun can fall in love (with a certain type of personality , that shows the contrast of lovers)

5. We know since ep1 that a very revered, serious master fell in love with BQ (and basically anyone who spends time with her falls in love with her)

6. THe way " talking" plays the role in 1st lifeline and 2nd lifeline

I haven't yet completed the series , still in 40s... but pretty sure.. other than the reveal of who the real lead is.. i am pretty sure.. he is the soul of some real powerful god.. maybe better than Dijun

• Like 2

23 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

so i am on ep 44, and here is my takeaway...

the best fighter in this whole world is the Fox King, Bi Quian' s father..

He alone did what heavenly lord's 2 sons couldn't, and which took male lead, second male lead, second male lead's sister, his wife, ghost tribe army, KM powerful student 16...  and for which clearly all other old leaders are too old to fight :P 

Fox kingdom for the win!

Well, they changed it from what happened in the book. But even in the drama, Ye Hua says if it weren’t for protecting Li Jing and his wife, he would have easily defeated the 4 beasts and not gotten his arm eaten. In the book, his arm was injured because the 4 beasts were powerful - the other people were not present, he was there by himself. And the Fox King was also heavily injured when he first got the Divine Grass.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, redfoxprincess said:

Well, they changed it from what happened in the book. But even in the drama, Ye Hua says if it weren’t for protecting Li Jing and his wife, he would have easily defeated the 4 beasts and not gotten his arm eaten. In the book, his arm was injured because the 4 beasts were powerful - the other people were not present, he was there by himself. And the Fox King was also heavily injured when he first got the Divine Grass.

oh comeon, he had the advantage of them fighting and tiring the demons.. he had help , it wasn't that he was fighting alone.. and neither were his fights that awesome!..

with that regard, centuries old (much much older than YH) Fox king got the weed without killing the demons, without getting hand ripped off .. 

lol.. this whole scenario is funny for me!

I think fox clan has their priorities, intelligence well sorted out.. romance comes first, kids later, monogamy, no nonsense rituals, free kingdom, drink and merry..

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Just recently started watching 10 Miles and got hooked so I binge watched it and am now on ep 49... 

@enigmatic_zephy I agree, Fox Clan seems to have it all figured out compared to Celestial Kingdom. It also amazes me that there doesn't seem to be any conflict in the Fox clan - everyone seems to know where they stand and abide by it. 

I never read the book so I don't know how the drama compares to it. But I do know that there aren't very many gods who are able to retrieve the divine fungi and even Fox King came back severely injured. I think to some extent, Ye Hua had a much more difficult task because not only did he need to retrieve some of the fungi but he also needed to eliminate the 4 beasts, destroy the remaining fungi and then sink the island. Fox King only needed to retrieve some fungi and it doesn't show how he did it.. who knows, he could've done it sneakily and maybe didn't have to face all 4 beasts? LOL

8 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

Just recently started watching 10 Miles and got hooked so I binge watched it and am now on ep 49... 

@enigmatic_zephy I agree, Fox Clan seems to have it all figured out compared to Celestial Kingdom. It also amazes me that there doesn't seem to be any conflict in the Fox clan - everyone seems to know where they stand and abide by it. 

I never read the book so I don't know how the drama compares to it. But I do know that there aren't very many gods who are able to retrieve the divine fungi and even Fox King came back severely injured. I think to some extent, Ye Hua had a much more difficult task because not only did he need to retrieve some of the fungi but he also needed to eliminate the 4 beasts, destroy the remaining fungi and then sink the island. Fox King only needed to retrieve some fungi and it doesn't show how he did it.. who knows, he could've done it sneakily and maybe didn't have to face all 4 beasts? LOL

This drama is basically a version of dharma and greg..

the upper rich class with their "customs" and "etiquettes" Vs the hippie family..

Hippie family wins :D:D 

(come to think, it truly is dharma and greg.. lady is weird but smart at the same time, hero is from the rich but repressed society) :P 

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

@enigmatic_zephy and BQ also speaks her mind freely while YH likes to keep things bottled up. 

I enjoy Ye Hua the most when he is relentlessly and aggressively pursuing BQ to make her fall in love with him again. 

actually i fell in love with the unconditional love shown in first few episodes itself.. he keeps referring to MY as MY so it was clear from the beginning that he is the lotus.. and it was just wonderful..

and the scene when he is telling BQ.. he is scared because he has to take birth and he will forget about her..

For him, from the 1st time he took birth (no before his birth), she literally is the only and first woman he ever laid eyes on.. he hasn't even seen his mother's face (died in the womb right)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

actually i fell in love with the unconditional love shown in first few episodes itself.. he keeps referring to MY as MY so it was clear from the beginning that he is the lotus.. and it was just wonderful..

and the scene when he is telling BQ.. he is scared because he has to take birth and he will forget about her..

For him, from the 1st time he took birth (no before his birth), she literally is the only and first woman he ever laid eyes on.. he hasn't even seen his mother's face (died in the womb right)

@enigmatic_zephy good point! She is literally the only woman he has ever loved. 

2 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@enigmatic_zephy good point! She is literally the only woman he has ever loved. 

and i like the nuance of the third life , 1st encounter..

he sees her.. and almost immediately notices her tapping fingers, fan on nose, the scar.. literally there has never been a second where he fell for someone else evne for a split second..

and in the last phase when he went to mortal world.. again he saw the figurine but immediately knew she wasn't BQ

However, greater than his, is BQ's impression of him

Simply, because he always remembered her.. but she forgot him and still didn't confuse him with her master... or master with him

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

and i like the nuance of the third life , 1st encounter..

he sees her.. and almost immediately notices her tapping fingers, fan on nose, the scar.. literally there has never been a second where he fell for someone else evne for a split second..

and in the last phase when he went to mortal world.. again he saw the figurine but immediately knew she wasn't BQ

However, greater than his, is BQ's impression of him

Simply, because he always remembered her.. but she forgot him and still didn't confuse him with her master... or master with him

@enigmatic_zephy I actually really liked that scene when he was watching her at the Eastern Sea and recognized all of her mannerisms. It just showed that he knew her and that he paid such close attention to her even when she was just a mortal. I love too that he knows her so well and can predict how she will act and he takes steps to protect her. 

And yes, I love too that BQ knew the difference between MY and YH. It’s really sweet that her heart still loved him even though she lost her memories. I also think it was so lovely that of all the disciples at Kunlun, she was the only one who took note and took care of the lotus. 

5 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@enigmatic_zephy I actually really liked that scene when he was watching her at the Eastern Sea and recognized all of her mannerisms. It just showed that he knew her and that he paid such close attention to her even when she was just a mortal. I love too that he knows her so well and can predict how she will act and he takes steps to protect her. 

And yes, I love too that BQ knew the difference between MY and YH. It’s really sweet that her heart still loved him even though she lost her memories. I also think it was so lovely that of all the disciples at Kunlun, she was the only one who took note and took care of the lotus. 

who knows maybe others did too :P

but then the man in the flower wouldn't care for the men taking care of it, would they?

I was reading somewhere, the author was in a controversy where it was claimed that TMoPB is plagiarized from 2 stories, one being a boy love/gay novel where a student (male) takes care of a lotus and thereby spanning the ages of love story