Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

22 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Vogue shoot Goryeo Style

@KdramaSwimmer  and @LoveSG

Yes that opine was particularly awesome. No bias at all, just straight up what you see is what you get. I loved it too.

@meahri_1

You can borrow it anytime especially when you give an analysis like that, Great job 07
@dustdevil

It sounds like a logical progression of events to me. I'm optimistic too about the ending. I really hope he gets to the future with his memories intact and we see him seeking her out.

XPjMzxu.gif

I've gotta say, the outfits in this drama is top notch. So looks sooo good in black. I like his outfit in the new stills, black and silver. Thanks to him, I bought a new macbook case that is marbled black and gold. Gosh, So is such a fashionista. Changing the way Goryeo dresses since 943! His fashion sense even influences the future, kekeke! ;)

• Like 22

Hello, there are some concerns of the timeline and pacing in this Korean version of this beautiful novel compare to the Chinese version. I don't think you can compare this version vs the Chinese version, because in this Korean version they had changed so much. I think they managed to keep most of the major events intact, but they had changed completely how it happened, And also, this version is 20 episodes vs the original 40 episodes version, so this Korean version is more compressed compare to the original version....Warning! spoiler alert, do not continue reading if you don't want to know what may or may not happen next...

Last chance, please do not read any further if you don't want to know ahead...

Spoiler

For example: The scene where Hae Soo(Ruoxi in chinese version) kneeling begging the king in the rain. In the chinese version, Hae Soo/Ruoxi was begging the king to withdraw the royal order her to marry 14th prince. But, in this Korean version, Hae Soo/Ruoxi was begging the king to spare the life of a court maid who treat her like a daughter. This scene is very important in the original Chinese version, because near the end, the 14th prince use this exact royal marriage order to get Hae Soo/Ruoxi out of the palace with the help of the 13th prince. When I watched this scene in this Korean version, I couldn't help but wondering to myself "Hmmmm, interesting..Now, how are they gonna help Hae Soo/Ruoxi escape the palace in the end, since they already completely removed/changed this scene from the original Chinese version?".

I recommend that you watch the Chinese version, it makes watching this Korean version even more interesting, for me at least. Thanks for reading my worthless opinions.

Edited by ddeokbokkii
  • Like 14

9 hours ago, briseis said:

Let's put away all the fancraze about how the drama will end too soon and that there is not enough time to develop the story and look at it objectively. THE NOVEL ITSELF ISN'T THAT LONG - IT HAS 3 X 250-PAGES-LONG VOLUMES (this is not some epic saga like Tolstoy's, it started as an internet novel)! AND THEY HAVE 20 HOURS TO ADAPT IT. Peter Jackson had only some 8-9 hours to adapt the 1000+ LOTR trilogy.

The cdrama had 35 45-minute episodes = 1575 minutes = 26x60-minute episodes. RX accepted the 4th Princes feelings in episodes 22-23 which is approx. around the 1035-minute mark=17th EPISODE. SO THE KOREAN VERSION IS PERFECTLY ON TIME AND KEEPING TRUE TO THE GRADUAL DEVELOPMENT.

Sorry to cut your post. But in the C-drama Ruoxi accepted the feelings of 4th prince in episodes 17-18 approx, that's half or 50% of the drama and Ruoxi broke up her relationship with the 8th prince in episode 14, that's equivalent to 40% of C-drama. The korean version has 20 episodes and if compared with the Chinese version, HaeSoo should have broken up with Wook in 40% of K-drama that's episode 8 and she should have accepted the feelings of WangSo in episodes 10-11. I think that extended much the relationship between HaeSo and Wook.

• Like 10

Oh my! Slept while reading last night and now the page is at 850! It's 8AM and i have to get up to help my kids prepare for school and creche then will go to work. I only work 4 hrs a day so i will be back later again. I can't wait to read everyone's post. Laters, moonlovers. XX

• Like 8

8 hours ago, zi4r said:

Hey everyone. I am still stuck in a funeral... and shouldn't be writing on Soompi. But the quietly reading is killing me, because everyone seems to be suddenly freaking out.

So... Not sure how accurate this is... but apparently, WS proposes, HS rejects, then HS tries to salvage her relationship with WW?

Just needed to give my 2 cents.

By my interpretation, the relationship as it is now: WS madly in love with/possessive of HS (and probably feeling guilty about HS's predicament previous episode... because after all, he was partly responsible for it, aka not speaking up about his mother's involvement earlier). HS feeling gratitude towards WS and but still attached to WW... because I don't know what worldview you all have, but for me, you don't just fall out of love in an instant because of one action/inaction by your love!

So... according to my logic, WS proposing is very much in-character. I don't like that it's happening (I would rather he gives some time for HS to find her footing again), but his nature has always been brute-force and straight-to-action (Look at how he tried to rescue HS). He knows next to nothing about emotions and he lacks social skills. He loves HS, but doesn't know how to give her emotional support/space she needs. 

HS rejecting is not just in-character, but something I hope would happen. As I have said in my earlier post, the feelings she have towards WS is now only gratitude. The feeling she has about her life is now just resignation. There's no love, there's no happiness, not just yet. This is no way to start a proper relationship, unless both sides have some time to heal. So, I hope that she doesn't just suddenly decide to discard WW and fall for WS; that would totally cheapen this love story. (And my husband will make me take over dog-feeding duty for next 3 months for making him watch "this sh**" --- his words, not mine.)

HS trying to salvage her relationship with WW... Well, that one, I am on the fence. I hope they don't make her so pathetic. But if she is just trying to work out their issues, I don't see anything wrong with that. That would make her a responsible person who makes sure to end one relationship properly before starting a new one.

One more thing: I hope HS gets to find out about both WS's and WW's complicity in the poisoning/her torture/Oh's execution. I know that it would mean more heartbreak for her... but I don't like it if there are unresolved issues before the romance begins. She should be able to make an informed decision on whom she wants to be with.

That said, I am going back to the funeral and looking grief-stricken. Talk to you all later.

I don't think WS is in anyway partly responsible for HS predicament. even if he spoke up about his mother at that point HS would still be held accountable for serving the poison. After all, kings and queens use to be killed with their retainers. I think WS did his best to protect her. Maybe they would have assumed HS was ordered by the queen. 

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, lisethvr said:

Sorry to cut your post. But in the C-drama Rouxi accepted the feelings of 4th prince in episodes 17-18 approx, that's half or 50% of the drama and Rouxi broke up her relationship with the 8th prince in episode 14, that's equivalent to 40% of C-drama. The korean version has 20 episodes and if compared with the Chinese version, HaeSoo should have broken up with Wook in 40% of K-drama that's episode 8 and she should have accepted the feelings of WangSo in episodes 10-11. I think that extended much the relationship between HaeSo and Wook.

I think the same...compared to the c-drama the K-version extended too much the WookSoo relationship. 

• Like 12

45 minutes ago, lisethvr said:

Sorry to cut your post. But in the C-drama Ruoxi accepted the feelings of 4th prince in episodes 17-18 approx, that's half or 50% of the drama and Ruoxi broke up her relationship with the 8th prince in episode 14, that's equivalent to 40% of C-drama. The korean version has 20 episodes and if compared with the Chinese version, HaeSoo should have broken up with Wook in 40% of K-drama that's episode 8 and she should have accepted the feelings of WangSo in episodes 10-11. I think that extended much the relationship between HaeSo and Wook.

Actually, it depends on what you define as "acceptance" because in my opinion it wasn't before episodes 22-23 that they truly came to an understanding; I mean the whole sidestory before that about how the 4th Prince didn't keep his promise about marrying her just didn't feel right and I just don't count it as the genuine start of their relationship.

And it's obvious that WS and HS had many more interactions between each other than RX and the 4th Prince had in the cdrama at this point in time, so their relationship is much more developed and in a very different place. (Because Wang So had more scenes in the first 60 minutes than NIcky Wu in the first 6 episodes of the cdrama, I mean he had like 2 scenes per episode, and THERE WAS AT LEAST TWICE AS MANY SCENES BETWEEN RX AND THE 8TH PRINCE THAN THERE'S BEEN BETWEEN HS AND WOOK SO FAR.) The extension of her relationship with Wook (but really, I mean this is barely an episode or 2) was intentional in my opinion to show the difference between the brothers and how her feelings differ  - the brutal honesty and love for So and infatuation for Wook. And there is other aspect - the fact that the whole story takes place in different era and while we have the 8th and 4th Prince each of the man is completely different from the ones in the novel/cdrama, just like HS is different from RX.

• Like 21

KIDS

I know it might be fruitless ... but it's midnight over here and I need to go to bed (my kids and work tomorrow) ... try to behave and not to fill the remaining 150 pages in one night ... have mercy!!! 

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, ddeokbokkii said:

Hello, there are some concerns of the timeline and pacing in this Korean version of this beautiful novel compare to the Chinese version. I don't think you can compare this version vs the Chinese version, because in this Korean version they had changed so much. I think they managed to keep most of the major events intact, but they had changed completely how it happened, And also, this version is 20 episodes vs the original 40 episodes version, so this Korean version is more compressed compare to the original version....Warning! spoiler alert, do not continue reading if you don't want to know what may or may not happen next...

Last chance, please do not read any further if you don't want to know ahead...

Reveal hidden contents

For example: The scene where Hae Soo(Ruoxi in chinese version) kneeling begging the king in the rain. In the chinese version, Hae Soo/Ruoxi was begging the king to withdraw the royal order her to marry 14th prince. But, in this Korean version, Hae Soo/Ruoxi was begging the king to spare the life of a court maid who treat her like a daughter. This scene is very important in the original Chinese version, because near the end, the 14th prince use this exact royal marriage order to get Hae Soo/Ruoxi out of the palace with the help of the 13th prince. When I watched this scene in this Korean version, I couldn't help but wondering to myself "Hmmmm, interesting..Now, how are they gonna help Hae Soo/Ruoxi escape the palace in the end, since they already completely removed/changed this scene from the original Chinese version?".

I recommend that you watch the Chinese version, it makes watching this Korean version even more interesting, for me at least. Thanks for reading my worthless opinions.

The C-drama had 35 45-minute episodes. In chinese version about Ruoxi kneeling begging the king in the rain...

Spoiler

In the chinese version, Ruoxi wasn't begging the emperor to withdraw the royal order her to marry 14th prince. She implores the emperor to let courtesan Lu Wu take care of 13th prince during his exile/imprisonment, so the emperor punishes her by having kneel out in the garden for days.

• Like 16

I have feeling it not gonna be a happy ending...cause in history there so no people name hae so be Gwangjong wife

And maybe some story do happen ..that why Gwangjong first son only born when he is already 30 its quite late for.guy that era...so my mind told me maybe gwangjong do love.someone.else.before he get.trap to mary YH.YH smart and cunning she did something so that she can become.empress....and i dont think so whoever.marry Gwangjong would be happy.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, dustdevil said:

I have a really big work project that I should be doing, but instead, I decided to try and map out what I think is going to happen in the next 9 episodes.I would love to know what other people think, you can comment in the shared Google doc, now that I've got this going, I'll probably keep updating it.  There's an image of the outline under the spoiler tags:

Hide contents

i0rJ8N.png

My main takeaways from trying to sort this all out:

1. I really don't think that King Hyejong's (current CP) reign is going to last for more than two episodes. There have already been 3 attempts on this life so far, so his luck will run out quickly. As people have noted, his reign is also our best bet for HS-WS happiness, so I'm guessing maybe 2-3 episodes max.

2. I think it's going to deviate from the Chinese version and the novel, and wrap things up pretty quickly after WS becomes Gwangjong. The momentum of this version is all built around WS fulfilling his destiny as the King, so I don't see more than one episode (maybe two) drawing out that time. The storyline so far has been fairly tight and quick-moving. I think they are going to cut the big time jumps for the shorter run time.

3. My new big theory is that YeonHwa is going to the be the mastermind who kills off Yo. It clears the way for WS to be king, YH to be queen, and is the perfect revenge on evil queen. Fingers crossed.

4. There's still lots of room to fill in the blanks for plot developments. I think the key is to keep HS looped into the major political plot points, and not just as WS's love.

5. I wonder how they'll deal with scheduling of the final, odd episode. Will they do 3 a week, like at the beginning? or have a 1 episode week in between. This whole time I've been curious if they originally edited it this way, or if some of the dramatic impact is lost because of the shift. For example, was it planned that episode 10 with So drinking the poison would be the cliffhanger that you'd have to wait a week to find out what happened next? But with the shift, that was resolved quickly. And if that's the case, that means that all of the even episodes have the really big dramatic beats.

Edited by MiisOh
Awesome
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, lisethvr said:

The C-drama had 35 45-minute episodes. In chinese version about Ruoxi kneeling begging the king in the rain...

Reveal hidden contents

In the chinese version, Ruoxi wasn't begging the emperor to withdraw the royal order her to marry 14th prince. She implores the emperor to let courtesan Lu Wu take care of 13th prince during his exile/imprisonment, so the emperor punishes her by having kneel out in the garden for days.

Ah!, my bad, you are absolutely right, It's been a while since I watched the original Chinese version. I got mixed up some of the scenes. Anyway, a lot of stuff had changed in this Korean version. It almost makes this a new drama watching this version.

Spoiler

Hmm, now I wonder are they gonna put in the scene where the king order Hae Soo/Ruoxi to marry the 14th prince in the next few episode or not?. This has to happen some how, since this event tied toward the ending of this drama. It's hard to say, since there are so much changed in this Korean version.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, MiisOh said:

I wonder how they'll deal with scheduling of the final, odd episode. Will they do 3 a week, like at the beginning? or have a 1 episode week in between.

I've been curious about this too, but I think what they will do is continue airing two episodes per week till the very last episode. Then, they will air episode 20 on Monday with a special "behind-the-scenes" episode following up on Tuesday. They've done this for a few other dramas - a drama that I remember off the top my head would be W. 

• Like 9

Hi chingus! As you know the thread goes palli palli :lol: So I don't know if I may be repeting some ideas.

I wanted to comment on the topic of Hae Soo requesting from Wook if she missed her. My view may not be really romantic, but oh well. I believe HS liked WW genuinely, however at the same time I deem HS to be smart and thus always understood her marriage with Wook was not only meant to be out of love, but also "get me out of here". It had a very practical purpose of getting her out of palace, and yes, ultimately allowing her to live happily outside with Wook. But it represented in general her posibility of being happy, containing but going beyond Wook. 

Wook became a source of security for HS amidst the strange Goryeo enviroment. I don't know if you have ever experienced it, I'm an inmigrant myself and have lived in different countries and being alone with no support is harsh. In those kind of situations, you need to find some relief, it may be an idea ("There's more for me travelling around in the long term than staying in the security of my home, this is who I am, this bad moment will pass, learn from it", etc. for example as it was for me) or a person that helps you and becomes a link for your adaptation. It has a deep emotional force because it's...fundamental, without it you crush under the pressure. It happens to us under great stress. When a loved one dies, sometimes we believe and hold to the strangest beliefs, after accidents, etc. Wook became for her that possibility, or element that will allow adaptation. Finding yourself again and embracing a new purpose of life...when you time-travelled to Goryeo! Living as Wook's wife theoretically-happily-forever was HS purpose of life. I don't want to mean by this that she's manipulative. When I travelled I met important persons who helped me and became special for that, and I knew I had to accept their help to adapt and was really thankful for that. You develop special trust and feelings when someone helps you in hard situations. So when WW abandoned her, she lost not only support, a lover and a friend. She lost the new life she envisioned for herself that probably took her long to construct after landing in Goryeo.

Requesting from her to completely deatach from WW is understandable, but it's more than leaving behind a lover. Once her future with WW is gone: what's there in Goryeo for her? She's lost. We know there's WS, of course :phew: Actually I'm sad that, as many as you commented, their love relationship has not started yet since for me "unconscious" love is not that meaningful. The story need their love development and considering how things are now, I doubt we'll see the type of ferocius love at least I'd been waiting from HS. What I hope will be actually WS replacing WW in HS' "nuclear identity support". WS will become her supporter, her reason to live: "I'll help this person to achieve happiness" transformed into "We'll be happy together". I remember reading here on Soompi Ruoxi's final letter and it went about how the 4th saved her many times. I think we have been shown how HS values WW as someone who saved her many times before (even if we know it was WS most of the time). So I think her love for WS will flourish from this feelings, in dramas this type of love out of "shielding" is very common among female characters. Very distinct compared to WS, who developed more a love from mutual understanding. I personally don't like the type of love I think HS will have, but I respect it. We each love in a different way, and it's still love. I'm not saying that as time goes by, she won't end recognizing in WS someone she'll love also from mutual understanding, but I think for HS feeling secure is really important. For WS for example I think it is clear that, even if the fact she helps him and cares for him contributed to their trust, it is not the root of his love. I think that HS changing abruptly and somehow finding herself madly, passionately in love with WS after a kiss or similar would be not believable at all, but I think she'll hold to him very strongly after this turmoil. That can be passion, but...different from my expectation. I find it ironic, but maybe HS will be the one more in need of WS than the other way round, or at least they'll need each other for different reasons. Maybe I'll be surprised, I hope so! 

Finally I want to say I understand WW. I think I would choose like him, and wouldn't sacrifice my family for love. I also don't think that's demandable from anyone. WS is our hero because he does, and this is a drama. I think what will drive HS and WW separated will be his lack of explanation. If WW went to HS and calmly explained he couldn't throw his family (and his desire for the throne, I think they're the same in the end) just for her, she would have been the one to tell him to not do so. I, and many other, would too. He may be greedy but his family was at stake, let's not forget that, I think his struggle was not because of the throne, but his family and responsabilities. What's unnaceptable is that he had his oportunity to explain himself but still chose to struggle rather than accepting that he's that type of person, not your romantic hero. I understand him, he had to choose between power and love. What he threw away was not only HS, but freedom and a placid life. I don't find it troublesome he'd prefer to live a life with more power than love, even if I understand that's not desirable for a romantic drama character! But it doesn't justify being a coward. That's his mistake. I hope when HS confronts him he'll explain himself. Yes he missed her, but he won't be the one to fulfill her expectations. HS will understand. If he lies because of his ego, HS will think he's a liar, because he is. That will drive them apart. If he says the truth, they still won't be together. But he'll preserve his dignity. I think before finding YH was behind the poison plot, he was still debating between responsabilities, greed and freedom and happiness. He could have really chosen the latter. However when fronted with reality, accusing his sister and abandoning his clan, power, etc. he knew he would choose palace life. I think his greed will surface since from that point onwards, if he has to go towards this path, it may as well be until the end: being the king. At the end we all pursue happiness/purpose.

• Like 19

4 hours ago, chi13lou said:

@solelylurking @dhia205

Sorry no WW paper dolls.

3 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

hmm ... would WS be mostly dressed or undressed?

Who cares which outfit ... but ... hmmm ... 

@chi13lou that is so cute.... but i wanna see the top row the most, like @itzibitzispider said, who cares with outfit... when we can see him without :P

and don't worry about WW dress, @solelylurking (wild) broad imagination will provide it for her lololo...

@solelylurking and @leekyuphii ahahaha...enough with the frustration chingu~ya (another seriousness fuel will burn the thread you know  lol...) many of us feeling the same, we are not the only one. just enjoy the ride because we still don't know where it goes, and give more time to our lovely-sometimes need head banging-heroin, to change. WW will be the wolf from hell for sure. 

• Like 10