Quantcast

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Hello, chingus. This thread is really amazing, please keep going on :blush: 

Is it just me or the scenes in trailers consist of just first half of the drama? I mean most of the scenes shown in trailers was already aired. I think, there will be many important and interesting scenes which are not in trailers. And again in trailers the scene in which Wang So says something like "I missed you" to Hae Soo, there is a mask on his face. I wonder, if he will wear mask again? :mellow:  

• Like 16
  • Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

So happy to hear that So sees Su as his friend (although sad that he considers her his only friend) in the SBS episode 10 preview. I thought it was interesting that in episode 6, the princes thought Su was the closest to So and he would be more likely to agree to Eun's request if she asked too.

Not sure what he meant by "Whether its love or friendship, all the same" Does he think her initial negative reaction is because he confessed?

• Like 14
9 hours ago, inner said:

i'll probably get hazed for saying this... I "get" what the comments are talking about. I "feel" it too. 

I started out not wanting to watch this drama actually and was following Moonlight and then it got too cutesy for my taste.  Then sampled on Moonlovers Ep 1 (by then Moonlight was at ep 4-5) and plot-wise, it got me on a 3-day C-version scarlet heart cram fest to have a quick preview of storyline.

At the onset, i thought she might not be the right female lead already. At her real 23 years , appearance-wise she gives the impression she is very young and too petite , to be paired with the LJK. 

Strangely, even after having followed this K-version series in earnest, this impression never seems to go away even though i don't dwell on it. 

And sorry to say this to her supporters here, her acting experience/ability is quite lacking and it shows. especially at crucial moments or the panic attack scenes or the closeup shots. [ i'm ducking from all the pot shots taken at me....] 

Don't worry, no one would shoot you for expressing your opinion, hehehee... we're fine with different opinions here :D

I understand what you feel, I did feel them as well in some scenes, especially at the close ups, oooh how I dislike the extreme close ups in this drama, it's just too much for me, although it worked for some scenes. But I genuinely think she improves in each episode, and as a person who has been in a panic attack before, IU's is quite believable in the latest episode, buuut it's just my opinion though, ehhhee....Also, if I'm not mistaken, IU has voiced her concern about her small frame compared to Lee Junki or Kang Haneul in an interview before Moon Lovers premiere, so you're right about her being too petite, hehehee... :D

• Like 17
1 hour ago, cmoirae2 said:

in other words grey ... i knew from the start that the 8th prince will be the antagonist but KHN's own spin made him lovable for the first half of the drama ... seeing him as a mellow and gentle man so in love with hae soo is swoon worthy ... can't help it ... sawry ... i would agree he is a great actor, no matter how small his role, he makes an impact ...  it would be interesting to see how he becomes the villain ... remains to be seen if i will hate him ... keke ... it's his love for hae soo that will drive him to aspire for the crown and motivate him to get rid of the other romeo ... wang so ... looking forward to the next half and the next chapter of hae soo's blooming love life ...  she may have saved the solar system to have 4 good looking and hunky princes attracted to her ... perhaps she was the catalyst that caused the conflict among the brothers ... makes me wonder if she was part of history and that she is just came back from the modern world re-living it (like throwback) ... the formation of alliances is rooted on so's and wook's fight for one woman's love ... imo the burning desire to sit on the throne would give them the means to secure this ... 

Hi, we're saying hello trough post from the first time right? :) KHN is jjang alrite. I especially like the way he sings in his movies and dramas. But he's a musical actor too, so there's no surprised there. I hope MLSH prod team will make an OST with him or him and IU. I think teir voice will complemented each other. 

My take on the bold part is:

Maybe her preminition can give us a clue. If HS premonition is right then there must be something wrong with the history in her future. That's why she gets sent back to Goryeo time to make it right like the history we've known. From the fact we knew WS is a hard ruler but he only killes one brother and several nephew (cmiiw. It's been so long and history is notbmy strength). Even Wook survived and his son later become King. 

See, maybe we've been looking it the wrong side the whole time. It was the history that was messy and need to be corrected, not the person. 

• Like 14
1 hour ago, yuhotarubi said:

I just want to cry at all of those negative comments ( and it has so many up votes too ) I just want to give her, Jung ki, Ha Neul, and the rest of the cast a big hug. But I will keep supporting the drama all the way till the end, they have their opinion and I have mine so that's it. Let's just keep the positivity going. 

Don't worry or cry over netizenbuzz. it only translates negative comments. just rarely does it do positive article

From their website, in their own words, they have clearly mentioned it . Direct quote from their FAQ:-

" Please keep in mind that this blog only focuses on negative content as that is what usually impacts the industry. There are just as much, if not more, articles that receive a positive response on any given day. "

• Like 14

@pujajain, @bebebisous33

You reply made me heart at ease and opened my eyes. Thank you.

But you only described one scene, look how important it was. First noticed Hae So physical attraction for Wang So and it was not shown in international version. Really meaningful scene was cut out as if it was not necessary? I still have some doubts but i think it doesn't resolve until the drama ending. 

Edited by lirone
  • Like 12
45 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lirone  cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532First welcome to forum soompi and to this thread! cheerleader pink mouseI would like to reply to your comment. In the SBS version (episode 8), when Wang So told her, she was his and was bending to her, she was first like paralysed, then she didn't touch her bracelet, but her wrist. Only a few seconds later, she touched the bracelet. And this was really telling. Wang So had touched her wrist so many times:

- episode 7 (twice)

- episode 2

Furthermore, notice how the camera zoomed to Wang So's face, when she was finished with the make-up. The camera was supposed to be her eyes in my opinion.   For the first time, she is really looking at him and his face. Before, she was just the worker and this picture reveals how attractive he is to her. I have also noticed that after she was finished, Hae Soo was showing the mirror so that he would look at himself, but she didn't pay attention to his face. Moreover, Wang So's gaze was not directed in the direction of the mirror. He was only looking at her. For me, this scene illustrates the physical attraction she has for Wang So. She came to like him as a person, when he was wearing his mask because she could sense that he was a good person despite his bad reputation and his looks. Before, she was never looking at him as a man, but for me, here she reacts diffrently. As conclusion, taking her wrist first is connected to Wang So which reinforces my impression that she is memerised by him. Then she touched the bracelet as if she wanted to remind herself that she was with Wang Wook.

So in my opinion, Hae Soo has already started falling for Wang So but she has not realised it yet. Striking is that when Wang Wook told her that he loved her, she only hugged him. She didn't reply to his love confession. From my point of view, she couldn't say that she loved him. In the episode 7, she had said to herself, she liked Wang Wook. And for me, there is a difference between liking and loving. She only had eyes for Wang So after joining the other court ladies. She didn't look at Wang Wook who noticed it.

Lastly, Wang Wook's love confession looked to me like a goodbye/farewell. First, before he joined Hae Soo, he sighed as if he was about to do something painful. He wasn't very happy to meet her, although he did the opposite. He hid his true feelings. Then when he gave her the present and told her later, he loved her, I couldn't help myself thinking of the episode 5, when lady Hae had died. He had waited, until she was about to die, when he wanted to tell her that he loved her. My feelings were: Wang Wook is doing it again, only this time, he is able to confess, however this is a break up, but noone will say it as such. She knew that her situation wouldn't change, she only asked him to wait, well aware that would not happen. 

In my opinion, Hae Soo has already started falling in love with Wang So. But the visions happened therefore she was so shaken. She had come to like and become attracted to wang So, when she saw that he would be the future Gwangjong. This was another reason why she was so scared. She had already feelings for him, but unlike Wang So, she is not aware of it yet, as she had this little romance with Wang Wook.

@evie7 @junee22 @Yongzura @littleloony

I really like this interpretation!

• Like 6
38 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lirone  cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532First welcome to forum soompi and to this thread! cheerleader pink mouseI would like to reply to your comment. In the SBS version (episode 8), when Wang So told her, she was his and was bending to her, she was first like paralysed, then she didn't touch her bracelet, but her wrist. Only a few seconds later, she touched the bracelet. And this was really telling. Wang So had touched her wrist so many times:

In my opinion, Hae Soo has already started falling in love with Wang So. But the visions happened therefore she was so shaken. She had come to like and become attracted to wang So, when she saw that he would be the future Gwangjong. This was another reason why she was so scared. She had already feelings for him, but unlike Wang So, she is not aware of it yet, as she had this little romance with Wang Wook.

@evie7 @junee22 @Yongzura @littleloony

@bebebisous33

So was so forward about his feelings. After his confession and the almost kiss he left, soo was out of breath (poor girl) She must've felt something back. I see her touching the bracelet to help ease her mind that it's wook she's in love with. That she needed a reminder. 

Like you said there. Too late girl, you fell for 4th without even realising it. I mean seriously how can she not? Those eyes, the face, the raw emotions:wub:

• Like 16

@lirone Hi girl!!first,welcome..second..I think you need to backread the thread..well,that is if you have times because the thread is moving with lightning speed..hehe..then you could find the answers that you're looking for..coz many of our friends here had the same question and we had analyse every possibilities.

Well,if you want to know my opinion though..I think the differences in the cut scenes are more because the international vers. actually targeted the international viewers and most of it in china..look at the youku view..they got the int.vers. yet they loved it (1 billion views!!!wow!!). I don't really follow the int.vers.except for ep9 (lololol :P) so I don't quite understand how to point on the differences hence I only made this summary from what I've read at other friends comments in this forum thread. I'm sure others who really watch both version could explain it better than me. I think bcoz they targeted mostly on China viewers that's why the int.vers.was edited with scenes that has the most significances story line with the original novel/drama.

While the SBS version is edited base on the preferences of the Kviewers..as a result of the negative responses and feedbacks. Could someone kindly add to this explanation?coz my english is limited so I couldn't seem find the right words.

Anyways,I'm on queu to those who want the Director's Cut DVD (should save more money from now on :sweatingbullets:). 

• Like 9
44 minutes ago, kdramakrazy said:

Don't worry or cry over netizenbuzz. it only translates negative comments. just rarely does it do positive article

From their website, in their own words, they have clearly mentioned it . Direct quote from their FAQ:-

" Please keep in mind that this blog only focuses on negative content as that is what usually impacts the industry. There are just as much, if not more, articles that receive a positive response on any given day. "

Thank you for your reassuring me dear, although I'm quite familiar with netizenbuzz, the flow of bad articles just got to me, you just feel like something dear to you is being attacked ( sounds like and exaggeration but I truly love this drama so much ). But having a loving community like Soompi forums and you guys with all of your amazing posts and love for this drama as well, makes me happy to discover the world of k-drama ^_^ 

• Like 15

Does anyone understand why Haesoo's 'vision' showed the 4th prince killing the 10th and his wife?

I thought in the original Scarlet Heart, the 10th and his wife were the only ones with a 'happy' ending.

Is it a part of the actual history that the 4th kills the 10th, and the writers are just adjusting to include it? Or is the vision actually not showing something real but rather Haesoo's blurred memory of Goryeo history?

• Like 10
4 hours ago, iridescentmoth said:

Another way I construed the forced kiss is this is how So is physically silencing a verbal betrayal from the lips of someone who promised she wouldn't.

He's so desperate to impede her rejection that had it been another person, he would have cut them down with his sword. But here he is physically consuming her hurtful words whilst simultaneously trying to communicate just how much he needs her. 

:wub: WOW Such a beautiful post !!!!

• Like 17
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner