[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 hours ago, brielover said:

We need to remember what Su's imperative is for being in Goryeo in the first place. 

"Save the boy."

That little boy's name was Eun Wol in modern Korea (his relatives call out to him by name). Su dives in to save him, the eclipse begins, time shifts, and she emerges from the water to find another Eun this time in Goryeo. A Eun that acts much younger than his age - a defining feature - to highlight his connection to that little boy in Korea. People blame Baekhyun for overacting, and he does, but he has also been directed to act in just this way. 

This helps explain to me why Eun gets  so much more screentime relative to the other princes. 

Eun Wol - the little boy in Korea - is likely a reincarnation of Eun, 10th prince of Goryeo. 

And Su's imperative remains. 

"Save the boy". 

Doesn't this give much more impact - and horror - to the vision she just saw?  She's been catapaulted to Goryeo perhaps for a variety of reasons (see my river-daughter post p 516 if you're interested in some mythical/historical possibilities), but her main and most immediate imperative is to save Eun. 

Omo...you are such a brilliant....I never thought of it...let's hope it's true.that she will save Eun and make So into a good King...well she is already in the path let's hope it's not as dangerous as we think it will be. The first bump is next week poison theme thing....I hope that will make her back to her self while she is with So and or while she is treating So....

I feel the same sadness with So when HS told him don't come close near me you are scary...she is really the only person I and So never want to heard it. It's no matter for me and So that everyone think of So scary, bad luck, or what so ever....but just not her. 

• Like 17

9 hours ago, qwenli said:

if u backread, the sub video is somewhere on this thread between page 555 to 590, i just dun know where now.:P

@GlamGlitzy i think that vid is from the intro documentary about the drama, where they tried to explain the background.

Oic.. I havent watched the documentary vid.. That's why i havent seen that scene.. Thx

• Like 3

5 hours ago, brielover said:

We need to remember what Su's imperative is for being in Goryeo in the first place. 

"Save the boy."

That little boy's name was Eun Wol in modern Korea (his relatives call out to him by name). Su dives in to save him, the eclipse begins, time shifts, and she emerges from the water to find another Eun this time in Goryeo. A Eun that acts much younger than his age - a defining feature - to highlight his connection to that little boy in Korea. People blame Baekhyun for overacting, and he does, but he has also been directed to act in just this way. 

This helps explain to me why Eun gets  so much more screentime relative to the other princes. 

Eun Wol - the little boy in Korea - is likely a reincarnation of Eun, 10th prince of Goryeo. 

"Save the boy". 

Doesn't this give much more impact - and horror - to the vision she just saw?  She's been catapaulted to Goryeo perhaps for a variety of reasons (see my river-daughter post p 516 if you're interested in some mythical/historical possibilities), but her main and most immediate imperative is to save Eun. 

uwah you are awesome, really

• Like 12

3 hours ago, gobsmack said:

Just caught up with the episodes.

Is this going to be "Cheese in the trap: part 2 Goryeo version".:lol: The second lead is looking much more favorable. Didn't like HS and IU's acting in Episode 9. She might be ok in light scenes but her acting is sub par in episode 9 where she has to show varied emotions. LJK has managed to showcase all the emotions, be it of getting accepted by family, betrayal, sadness, anguish etc in mere one episode. Episode 9 was top notch for to showcase LJK's acting prowess.

I don;t believe it would happen... it will not going to be 2nd CITT. This is adaptation and more/less still have to stick with the original. 

Just keep positive thinking.

• Like 9

Arirang News just published on their FB page, a piece from the press conf. with Baekhyun speaking (with English subs.)

It will be great to show our support for the drama with many likes or loves for their post (since it is a Korean Broadcasting company)

https://www.facebook.com/arirangtv/videos/vb.110158949037523/1175157415870999/?type=2&theater

• Like 16

5 hours ago, pujajain said:

The original novel is a tragedy and is grounded in realistic grey historical characters leading to the reign of YinZhen. The novel also covers couple of decades in storyline so it is easy to see the growth in characters both positive and negative.

The original story compare a short innocent love (with 8th prince) to that of a slow burn of mature love with multiple colors including hate and disgust that becomes grand passion (with 4th prince).

In all ...I see that the story will have its moments both happy and sad

Sorry to cut your post...

I've seen c-version many years ago and from what I remember it was tragic and made me sad for at least a week after watching it, I actually cried buckets, so as much as I love (and hope for) happy endings, I will not expect happy ending for this k-version.

As sad as it was, c-version was a beautiful love story, and the game of thrones between the princes were intriguing within quite a long period (I think between 15-20 years). I dont know, I read somewhere, in this K-version, the story will be only until Gwangjong age 30 (I believe he is now around 20 y.o), so I dont know how PDnim will tell the next 10 years period in 10 episodes....hope the PD will be able to tell the story for the next episodes smoothly. 

I think we alll agree in K-version, it will get uglier and darker from now onwards, with intense fights for the thrones and dramatic love story between WS & HS. I'm looking forward to a nicely done ending that will make us viewers some closure... (please please not an open ending that gives viewers doubts and questions like SWWTN...) 

• Like 20

Woah... I was offline for maybe a day or less and there are 50+ more pages already. We are on fire!!! :D

...this is a bit off topic but because the thirst for more LJG is real [and Moonday seem like an eternity away], I decided to watch My Girl. The visual shock tho' in seeing him in normal "modern" clothing [+ his dangly cross earring]. 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, sooji28 said:

Okay, i've been searching for two different version of the 9th episode ending. THE KISS SCENE. If i read back in this thread, there were mention about the International version is much longer. They gave us 2 (if they say that it was) kiss. First was forceful. The second kiss when Hae Soo start to calm down (with a shock kissed by WS). Whilst the SBS version is shorter and only one kiss. And to be honest, i prefer the international version on this one.

Finally found 2 versions on youtube.

1. The International Version

Reveal hidden contents

2. The SBS version

Reveal hidden contents

What do you think?

Well, my opinion is WS will apologize to HS after those kiss. And HS will realize how fragile WS is.

(or this was my wishful thinking --> And perhaps HS will remember the touch of his soft lips into hers, and started to fall for WS...) :P

:P I think you're right, he might apologize, and going from the preview where he says something like 'you're my friend - Love and friendship are the same', he might apologize for coming on too strong and might be content to just have her around and not be afraid of him - I hope that with his sacrifice (taking the poison in place of Crown Prince) she can see that he is not the monster she thinks he is... :)

• Like 20

26 minutes ago, Mona Ys said:

I've seen c-version many years ago and from what I remember it was tragic and made me sad for at least a week after watching it, I actually cried buckets, so as much as I love (and hope for) happy endings, I will not expect happy ending for this k-version.

As sad as it was, c-version was a beautiful love story, and the game of thrones between the princes were intriguing within quite a long period (I think between 15-20 years). I dont know, I read somewhere, in this K-version, the story will be only until Gwangjong age 30 (I believe he is now around 20 y.o), so I dont know how PDnim will tell the next 10 years period in 10 episodes....hope the PD will be able to tell the story for the next episodes smoothly. 

I think we alll agree in K-version, it will get uglier and darker from now onwards, with intense fights for the thrones and dramatic love story between WS & HS. I'm looking forward to a nicely done ending that will make us viewers some closure... (please please not an open ending that gives viewers doubts and questions like SWWTN...) 

I didn't watch the c-version yet, but from what I read, I won't expect happy ending from this k-version too. But maybe sad ending will be the best version of ending in this kind of drama. At first I thought this will be romantic-comedy-historical drama. But I realize it too late that this drama is not comedy :blink: But I already hooked by WS, HS, and WW I couldn't stop watching even if I must cry in every episode start from now.

• Like 14

6 hours ago, brielover said:

"Save the boy."

"Save the boy". 

My goodness! You are genius!

• Like 11

47 minutes ago, Mona Ys said:

I am now looking forward to seeing how both WS and WW will change in terms of their Goal. I don't understand why K-netz are not interested in this drama, its just as good as the rival drama. this one actually has a more interesting storyline. LJK is soo good at expressing his feeling with his eyes and lips, as for KHN, I can already sense more of his suppressed "Bad" side in the 2 recent episode. I am very curious to see what the turn around to WW-HS relationship (even when it sucks that my ship will finally sink) Let's hope the ratings will go up now that the story is getting darker and more interesting. 

• Like 18

2 hours ago, vieedha said:

Hessa on MDL listed the most questions  were asked by SHR viewers

What are the 2 versions?

The original international version and the SBS re-edited version.

How to know which version I'm are watching?

It is simple, just look at the top right corner and if there is an SBS's logo, you are watching the re-edited version. Plus, usually, the original version starts with a song, while the re-edited version starts at the lake shot with the 15+ age restriction.
If you are watching in DramaFever or Kissasian, it is the SBS re-edited version. If you are watching on hdfree or dramalove, it is the original version. Many of you keep thinking that Kissasian has the original version and keep confusing the scenes.

The SBS version has some untranslated lines, why is that?

If you notice some missing subs, that means you are watching the SBS re-edited version but with the originally sold overseas episodes' subs.
If you wish to watch the SBS version, I recommend waiting until Dramafever release the subs since there are two types of subs:

• DramaFever Subs (Which are released 1 day after the episode airs): Compatible with the SBS re-edited version and has subs for the extra scenes.
  • Hdfree Subs (Which are found a few hours after the episode release): This version is translated from the Chinese subs and matches the originally international episodes. Also, the subs are really good, even though it is translated from Chinese.
for other questions such as incest, multiple wives/queens, about 13th price have the same name as the 8th price, etc u can read

I'm sorry for cutting your post, but I just wanted to leave the part I wanted to address. Dramafever actually HAS the original version and NOT the re-edited SBS version. I watch the show through Dramafever and went back to check the episodes, and the scenes included in the SBS version are not on there.

It makes more sense for Dramafever to have the original version since they are an online international broadcasting company for the drama and had probably pre-subbed the shows when the rights was sold to them.

I live in the US though, so it's possible that other fans watching through Dramafever from other countries do see the SBS version, so please do correct me if I'm wrong!

• Like 19