[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, junee22 said:

@irilight as much as I want to write a comment on dramefever..I faced an obstacle..dramafever isn't allowed at my country :dissapointed: ..I need to sign up but I couldn't bcoz of that..as for the other site related to Korea..I don't know the subs/writings..so it's kinda made me feel frustrated (coz google translate can't help in some words *sigh* ) Anyway...maybe you could enlighten me? Just want to help this drama to be appreciated more by the natives fellows in SK..(although it's getting more and more positive feedback and I'm happy for the production team :) )

@junee22, oh, bummer. Thank you for trying  :)
yes, I think DF is more restricted to some geographical areas but I am not sure which they are.
Maybe U.S, Canada. I think they recently started in Australia too.
Can you not even click on awesome? What a shame.

Well, we can all still help the drama by watching as much as possible on Naver, and Korean media....

20160906002321409_1.jpg
source: AsiaToday

진태현 박시은 달의 연인 보보경심려

source:  TV Daily

Below are some BTS and clips video from Naver. If we all watch consistently on Naver, it would help the show.

Even better, if you sign up for Naver (I signed with FB, it only takes a minute), and then you can also "like" the videos by clicking on the heart symbols

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1097615

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1097164

This scene had me tearing.
Not only his wife's dying, but the fact 8th Prince never got to say the words that he loved her....

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1097179

• Like 21

39 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

Yes, i think so too, based on Choi Ji Mong's character description here

i think he is a time traveler  *struggling as he is lost between keeping a secret a maintaining a humanistic attachment, and nobody knows why*

And I guess he already realized where Haesoo came from when they finally met in the palace, but all he could do was just subtly tell her to be careful. This guy is really wary and well aware of the dangerous situation they could get into if they keep talking about their true identity.

Choi Ji Mong is a truly wild card here. His character reminds me of The Wizard in BBJX Scarlet Heart C-version movie who helped Ruoxi get back to the future, both Ji Mong and The Wizard aren't original character from novel but PD-nim put they in as the main heroine Haesoo/ Ruoxi's fairy godfather.

Aha... I found that Choi Ji Mong Character cute yet mysterious ...

Maybe that's why he recomended to Crown Prince that he need WS to replace Him where the ritual begin.. 

Because he know that WS need to stay at the palace.. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:

Yes...i feel the same. Haesoo having guilt thoughts is okay because Lady Hae has been really nice to her and she has modern times mentality...but Wook behaving like that? Those were other times in which men had many women without guilt. :huh: They are making almost all the princes look and behave like virgins waiting for their first love to knock the door. :lol: The younger ones are between 15 and 18? Mmm...maybe they are still young...i was forgetting that. But I don't think we will see polygamy in the drama even if the years passed, aside of Taejo with his 29 wifes. 

I got the impression that HS was mostly oblivious to WW's affection and thought of it as him being kind to her, and that the guilt that she felt was from her finding out that everyone knew about her one-sided crush...including her beloved cousin, and that the appearance as that they were flaunting their flirting in front of her cousin (which they were) with out her really knowing about it.  Much like she was oblivious that her friend was dating her boyfriend in the 21st century. 

As for Wook I get his guilt...his wife loved him and didn't condone his behavior with HS, heck she encouraged it. Even with the SoCal norms at the time, I would think that would add pressure no matter how understanding your wife acts like she is. I also think his guilt was due to the heavy debt that he had to her. She brought his family about of exile. She used her family power to get him back into the good graces of his own family...and most likely the money to get back there too. And in his pious belief that they could live as close comfortable friends, he falls in love with the one other person that his wife Loves as a daughter.

and I know that polygamy was a cultural norm...even incest, but this is a drama, and they are trying to reinforce their perceived notions of morality right now...which is to show viewer that if there is anything but the purest of love with only the the greatest of sacrifices, that love will be tarnished and you will have a horrible family. And possibly die, or loose your memory. Them the rules...

• Like 23

ok the good news is ratings of ep 5 is slightly, tiny weeny higher than ep 4. :lol: whereas for the other two dramas in the same time slot, their numbers slight decrease for Tuesday eps.

ep five - 6 % versus ep four - 5.7%, an increase of 0.3%

ok, I welcome whatever increase, no matter how tiney, weeney. :sweatingbullets:

[spoiler/]

• Like 23

1 minute ago, qwenli said:

ok the good news is ratings of ep 5 is slightly, tiny weeny higher than ep 4. :lol: whereas for the other two dramas in the same time slot, their numbers slight decrease for Tuesday eps.

Hide contents

ep five - 6 % versus ep four - 5.7%, an increase of 0.3%

ok, I welcome whatever increase, no matter how tiney, weeney. :sweatingbullets:

[spoiler/]

An increase, no matter how small, is always good news. SHR, fighting! ^^

• Like 19

1 hour ago, dede257 said:

Long time kdrama lover but first time poster here :). This is possibly an "out there" theory, but could there be a chance that Hae Soo's arranged marriage could be with the Kang clan?  Perhaps as a gesture of goodwill since the King has taken back their adopted son?  This may explain Wang So's (4th prince) utter concern about Hae Soo's nuptials since they mistreated him so badly.  Just a thought.  

I totally had the same thought! If this is true, then no wonder the two leads banded together on her "kidnapping"

• Like 16

Good afternoon Eclipses(did I get the name right? :phew:) I couldn't help crying a bunch for episode 5. It was such a roller-coaster ride, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel now that WW is free. :phew: Listening to Davichi's Forgetting You(on loop) isn't helping at all. Episode 4 had heartbreaking scenes too but episode five made me cry the most, and we're not even half-way through the drama. Imagine when we're at the climax of it all. The conflict, the confusion, the pain. Is it going to be worst than this? 

I realized in episode 4 how relate-able HS/GHJ is. I mean, I studied historical figures since intermediate to tertiary level. But if I'm transported into time, I'll know they're rendered "legendary" in modern times, but I wouldn't have a clue how things happened, who was contemporary with who. I wouldn't even get myself all bothered about it, since I have a carefree personality. I'll go with the flow, as long as it doesn't get me killed, and doesn't impact the future in an awful way.

Watching mainly saeguks I noticed that it was the norm to marry a couple of weeks after a mistress/madaam of the household dies especially for those who hold certain position in the kingdom/government(not sure during this era tho, it was like in Jang Ok Jung where the 2nd female lead's mother died and her father married someone a couple of days later) It is somehow seen unfortunate or as misfortune if someone dies in the household and the household can't be without a mistress overseeing it. It is as if a social responsibility of the man in that household to find someone ASAP to replace the vacant position. *shrug*

• Like 20

10 minutes ago, aprilslily said:

I totally had the same thought! If this is true, then no wonder the two leads banded together on her "kidnapping"

have the same thought. so maybe because HS didn't want to get marriage, she has to be servant... and its ok if to be WS servant :wub: and then start to treatment WS's face

• Like 20

1 hour ago, junee22 said:

@irilight as much as I want to write a comment on dramefever..I faced an obstacle..dramafever isn't allowed at my country :dissapointed: ..I need to sign up but I couldn't bcoz of that..as for the other site related to Korea..I don't know the subs/writings..so it's kinda made me feel frustrated (coz google translate can't help in some words *sigh* ) Anyway...maybe you could enlighten me? Just want to help this drama to be appreciated more by the natives fellows in SK..(although it's getting more and more positive feedback and I'm happy for the production team :) )

In the theory of Hae Soo's travel back to the future,many say maybe happened when its eclipse again..but exactly how many years took? scientifically...I heard it took hundreds of years...any of my friends here would know?

The solar eclipse that transported GHJ happened in the present so there is a possibility of another eclipse during the time of Goryeo.

• Like 15

16 hours ago, valentvcd said:

Thanks for sharing the link. It's good news. I hope it continues to increase, even just a little bit until they reach 10% or even a bit more. Despite hoping that, doesn't mean I love the drama any less or the rating has any impact on how much I love MLSHR. This is the only show I watch on a streaming link. EVER.

I'm so ready for the "very obsessive" WS. Will we be seeing this side of him any time soon? :blush:

• Like 20

Ep 5 is really good with full of emotions. Although I want more wang so scenes but it was a heartwarming and great episode with great cinematography plus improved editing. i cry so hard watching madam hae scene and her final goodbye. it was very beautifully done. and the ost at the end blend really wells with the scene. that ost is really good. hope to hear it again in next episodes. oh, may i know what the itles of that ending ost and who is the singer? it seems that i can't find it

Another thing, i saw somewhere that this is lee jun ki last saeguk drama. is it true? i want to see him in modern drama too, but saeguk fit him the best. doing saeguk once in a while doesn't hurt though, mr lee jun ki. if it is really true that this is his last saeguk then i will really miss him in saeguk drama particularly his saeguk accent, garbs.

• Like 22