[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Someone ever mentioned before (I really really forgot by who,and I lost track..sorry), in the forest scene where 14th and Soo + Wook were saved by 4th in ep 4..(again I don't know how to insert pictures...) WS said something like "what?" and I was like..really? so I go checked again and...YES!!! LJG was saying "What"..and I can even also hear him said that!! I wouldn't know if someone didn't point it out lol...oh well,maybe that was unintentionally bcoz he already into the state of being one with the character he played..I was join in theatre/drama club back in my college days..and I know a little bit that when you already absorbed to your role..sometimes you forgot of your surroundings,coz you acted naturally..like it was your own character..and thus you speak with your own words..sometimes improvised the script..but still....

Didn't the director see it?or maybe that too was a hint on how close WS to Ji Mong? (perhaps Ji Mong taught him english language :sweatingbullets: ) .. oh and the wrong translation of 10th Eun said (ep4) about ball from Qing/Qin dynasty?? neither both..maybe Jin?? or Tang?? because (I read from wiki..not sure if its accurate) the time line this story took was when in China was the period of 5 dynasties and 10 kingdoms...

Apart from that..I still think this drama is great,and LJG is a wonderful actor, and all of them really work hard for this drama....I'll skip that little annoying facts and just enjoy the show..

• Like 13

ok I am selling tickets to a horse ride with Wang So, any takers? :D

I will be the first in queue. lol. Just joking.

-------------

i rewatch some of the scenes with subs and I must say it is really beautiful and poignant. So I take back some of my earlier words about it being slow. :sweatingbullets: The thing is when I do recaps, I cant take my time to enjoy the show, am just typing furiously for one hour. :D

------------

• Like 16

In the forest where So saved 14th prince and Soo, he didnt say what but said hwat. He might be trying to say Hwaiting like Hae Soo did. 

I am relieved that Wang So really understands the emoticon that Soo drew in the paper. I can relate these two are understanding each other. Hae Soo knows who is Wang So even she saw his naked body in bathing :phew:

i mean she already saw his weakness from time time ( and it makes me worried if she would not end up with Wang So because i am terrible shipping them since beginning)  even his mother treated him like richard simmons, she was on his side. I guess i better not to invest my feeling to much for this couple because i know it's minority here. 

• Like 18

Just a quick rant my friends.. First I'd like to apologize in advance if some might get offended by this, *Miyanheyo*

Spoiler

I just need to breath out my outrage (or I can't sleep):angry::( done watching episode 5 and guess what I hate Wook and Soo :tears: at first I didn't really mind incest thing (or whatever the term is) since it's common during that time so it didn't really matter. But gawd Baek Ah, jal haesso! for knocking some senses into their foolish minds.. Baek Ah's fury made me realize how improper it is no matter how genuine the feelings involve, that's right cry a river in the next episode.. how could they flirt? oh god.. I'm so upset :angry: One more thing, I don't know what's the director/writer was thinking but come on what is Soo doing there? I remember Myung Hee only asked for Wook ... tchh forget it when I said I'm alright with Wook and Soo ending up, now I'm all out to my So-Soo ship :tears: Soo redeem yourself.. jebal~ I guess I'm really that in to SHR that it affects my mood this much :phew:  I hope to be back tomorrow with a positive tone :mellow: (But my perception of them as an individual doesn't change it's just that I really hate what they did, arggg)

3619a6230142df8ac359257b5baa142b.pngd3fc25b76cdf65d9e94fc793632c4bd8.png

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

In the forest where So saved 14th prince and Soo, he didnt say what but said hwat. He might be trying to say Hwaiting like Hae Soo did

I am relieved that Wang So really understands the emoticon that Soo drew in the paper. I can relate these two are understanding each other. Hae Soo knows who is Wang So even she saw his naked body in bathing :phew:

i mean she already saw his weakness from time time ( and it makes me worried if she would not end up with Wang So because i am terrible shipping them since beginning)  even his mother treated him like richard simmons, she was on his side. I guess i better not to invest my feeling to much for this couple because i know it's minority here. 

Ah..so that's it..I'm so glad I join this thread and get more understandings for the drama..thanx a lot @ruzikie :)

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, junee22 said:

Someone ever mentioned before (I really really forgot by who,and I lost track..sorry), in the forest scene where 14th and Soo + Wook were saved by 4th in ep 4..(again I don't know how to insert pictures...) WS said something like "what?" and I was like..really? so I go checked again and...YES!!! LJG was saying "What"..and I can even also hear him said that!! I wouldn't know if someone didn't point it out lol...oh well,maybe that was unintentionally bcoz he already into the state of being one with the character he played..I was join in theatre/drama club back in my college days..and I know a little bit that when you already absorbed to your role..sometimes you forgot of your surroundings,coz you acted naturally..like it was your own character..and thus you speak with your own words..sometimes improvised the script..but still....

Didn't the director see it?or maybe that too was a hint on how close WS to Ji Mong? (perhaps Ji Mong taught him english language :sweatingbullets: )

Hahaha i thought he was saying 'what' in english too the first time i watched it but when i replay it over again i get the feeling that he was just mouthing 'hwaiting' after Haesoo and the little prince :blush: Our cute WangSo ahhhh~~

• Like 12

7 hours ago, irilight said:

And that is also another good reason to watch the trailers or BTS, or what have you, on Naver. Naver counts the number of views, and it goes towards CPI ratings.   When we watch on YT, we like it, but it does not do anything for the drama, in terms of supporting it. Only when we show interest on Korean media it goes towards CPI ratings.

Naver has chinese language...anyway it can be changed to English ?

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Moon Lovers -- I wonder how this title came about. How are they going to be connected by the moon... at least we are shown that WS-HS both appreciate the moon and stars in Goryeo. Will the moon play a role in transporting GHJ back? and maybe hopefully WS too? :D

I also had the same question how Moon is being liked to these lovers...but then we had Eclipse starting their story (not love yet) and may be later down the line another Eclipse will play role...just a guess..

6 hours ago, minmar said:

Let's see, how do we work this into an equation?  (Q>C)+BD- F=P or Queens greater than consorts plus birthdate..minus females = prince birth order

that the Mathematical equation of prince order calculation.... thank you chingu

• Like 16

On 9/7/2016 at 0:02 AM, aprilslily said:

So of the stories we have the novel, the c-drama, and the K-drama...I have a couple of questions...that are all really just the same question.

did the author write the novel with just Chinese history in mind, and fudged facts as needed, and then it was completely adapted for Korean history...or are there just a lot of of dynastic families that fit this pattern that it could be applied to more than one culture and time frame? Or is it really China and Korean history that is the same family....just claimed as their own? (Sorry if anyone thought that that was either a really ignorant or silly question)

I guess I with no knowledge of any of the source materials Chinese actual history, Korean history, or the novel...I am a bit confused as to what is real (historical) and what is part of the book...and how much is really really made up (other than the time travel)

i read almost all of the pages in this forum, and I am still a bit confused. 

@aprilslily I'm pretty sure novel and C-drama represented actual history except for the existence of Ruoxi, Ruolan (her sister) and Lu Wu (13th prince's concubine who was originally an artisan with fallen Ming dynasty imperial bloodline). Also, Kangxi's intention to give 14th the throne and rumor of 4th changing imperial edict were not accurate in history though some historians argue that it was true.  It is impossible to change 14th to 4th as imperial edict in Qing dynasty were written in three languages (traditional Chinese, Manchurian and Mongolian). I read somewhere that Kangxi's real edict was recently put in display for public viewing in cultural museum in one of the cities in China.  

The writer Tong Hua was born and raised in China though she immigrated to US in early 2000s. So, I'm pretty sure she read through Qing dynasty Kangxi and Yongzheng era. I DO NOT believe she thought about Korean or other asian countries' history while writing the novel. Actually, the name of the primary wife of 8th prince Guololo Mingyui and her family background are the same as history. Fourth daughter of 13th prince was adopted and given title of princess of first rank by Yongzheng in actual history and was married off to Mongol prince (which writer talked about in epilogue of novel and shown a little bit in C-drama) though her real mother was not Lu Wu. I don't know how much K-version will follow Korean history but so far the name of the princes and their mothers reflected actual history. The fantasy part in K-version so far was Soo time-travelling, Woo-Hee (13th love-interest Bakjie's princess) and Choi Ji-mong (king's advisor and astrologer) look alike homeless guy in 21st century. Also, real astrologer Choi Ji-mong existed, served first 6 kings of Goryeo and recorded events happened during these kings' reign (though he might be time-travelling in K-V).  

I think K was able to adapt the novel and could try to fit into Goryeo dynasty as King Taejo have many wives and many sons vying for the throne. I'm pretty sure some other Asian and SE Asian countries can also adapt the novel to fit infighting for the throne of many princes somewhere in their imperial/dynastic histories if they still have their palaces, big budget and artistic abilities.

I was not born in China or Korea and did not learn their history till a few years ago by watching historical dramas, reading books and various websites (of course wiki included) when I first watched C-BBJX and started interest in Asian history (before that I was hooked on European dynasties especially Tudor dynasty outside of my native country's history) as I like to read/experience different culture, history, language, novels based on autobiography and cuisines though I'm in science. However, I learned about Kangxi's sons battles for the throne (especially folklore of 4th changing imperial decree to his name from 14th)  from my dad since young while watching ancient Chinese drama with him (that's how I learned my Mandarin and chinese characters though it is not even my second language :D So, not sure how accurate my historical accounts are :)

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, qwenli said:

o

i rewatch some of the scenes with subs and I must say it is really beautiful and poignant. So I take back some of my earlier words about it being slow. :sweatingbullets: The thing is when I do recaps, I cant take my time to enjoy the show, am just typing furiously for one hour. :D

------------

Sorry for cutting your post.

Just wanted you to know that we are all grateful for your effort in providing the recaps. Thanks!:heart:

• Like 13

31 minutes ago, Yippeuni said:

Oh this is the lady I keep talking about 

Moon Lovers-Woo Hee-Jin.jpg

Woo Hee-Jin

Court Lady Oh

anyone know who she is?

Here is her character description. This lady has a tragic fate, she is Mr Old King's former lover but now becomes his servant to watch him from afar.

p120HoB.jpg

I was surprised and scared when I saw Haesoo wore the same dress like Lady Oh and Wang So was standing next to her in some bts photos :sweatingbullets:

• Like 24

Wow, so many pages to recap. I had a great time reading. Love to read different opinions here. I want to give my opinion on Wang Wook-Hae Soo-Lady Hae relationship.

I think in this love triangle, nobody is right or wrong and should be blame and such. We knew that the marriage between Lady Hae and Wang Wook is arranged political marriage. Lady Hae married Wang Wook to bring him back to the palace using her family influence. Hence Wang Wook and his family really owe this family a huge debt. He maybe not love her like crazy but doesn't mean he is not caring towards her. He tried his best to get her cured form her illness. He treat her very well (until the maid Chae Ryung adored at how he take a good care of his wife). He never treat her wrong and he is always stand up for her (when the evil queen dowager critised why they are still do not hv any child). He didn't even think to take a concubine knowing the fact that his wife is really sick and cannot bear an heir for him. That is how much he values his marriage. in my opinion, he did not know that his wife love him so much. He must been thinking his wife respect him just as how much he respects her and their friendly relationship. The only ones who knew Lady Hae love Wang Wook is Lady Hae herself and Baek Ah. 

When Hae Soo came in the picture (the amnesia HaeSoo here), its the first time Wang Wook feels different with his heart. This girl makes his heart flutters, makes him wanna protect her and is afraid of losing her. Its the same feeling of Wang So had is assume but both men show it differently. He clearly know his status and who Hae Soo is to his wife hence he try hard to push that feeling away but he keep failing because HaeSoo give a positive feedback. Lady Hae aware of those changes on her husband because that is how she felt towards him. The longing eyes, the anxiety feeling of loosing him, the urge to protect him etc. She knew right away that HaeSoo is the girl that had open up her husband heart. Knowing the fact that she is dying and she wants her husband to be happy that is why she suggest him to marry HaeSoo since she love HaeSoo dearly too. Sometimes when you love someone and you know you cannot do anything to make him love you back, its the best to back off and let him be happy. That is what Lady Hae did. Giving the opportunity for her husband to be happy. 

As for HaeSoo, she is a lost girl here. She is like a person who stranded in a very unfamiliar place. in this case, the place transcend time. In the most frightening moment of her life in Goryeo, Wang Wook is always the person who is there to help her. Hence she develop the feeling. She taught she only had one sided love towards him and he is like a crush. That is why she always remind herself that Wang Wook is a landlord. Little that she know that she having a crush on Wang Wook is noticeable and Wang Wook had the same feeling in return and both of them had hurt Lady Myung Hae feeling. That is why she keep saying sorry at Wang Wook. But, if we are at her place, how can we resist a fine man like Wang Wook. Even if he is not a prince, WangWook is a very fine man to be adore. 

In this case, i think there is no people that is right or wrong or should be blame and such. Each of them has theor own flaw and have their own strength as well as how they love someone

just my 2 cents/ 

• Like 21

5 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

Image of Court Lady Oh (Trying not to quote images haha)

What I don't understand is why the King couldn't marry her anyways. He had a harem and everything, why not just marry each other? It couldn't have been a matter of her social standing could it? Kings married whoever they wanted for whatever the reason. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, chubbz said:

Thread is moving fast so I may have missed it if someone has already mentioned this.

Was just watching ep 5 and after the scene of Wook and HS at the river (following Baek-ah's confrontation/revelation), HS was in the room with Wook's poem and she kept it within pages of a book, before putting it on the shelf.

This feels like an "evidence" she would find when she returns to modern times and cannot find historical records of her existence, to confirm that her time travel did indeed occur. Just like Zhang Xiao found some accessories she received as Ruoxi, although history did not record her existence. Possible? Or would there be historical records of HS, the soap maker? :D

or what WS will find later when he and HS are in love.. and then he will remember how she "liked" WW's poem.. and the mystery ensues..

Will bring separation of HS and WS..

I don't think she is going back to 2016

• Like 13

2 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

OMG :rage: The voice that said "She (Haesoo) will suffocate and die" :rage: Is that 13th prince's voice :rage: How could he do that??? :rage: Have you lost your mind 13th??? :rage::rage::rage:

That was Wang So's voice...he knows that if she marries somebody she doesn't want she will be unhappy. He knows things about her because he understood she is just like him. Just like he knew what that emoji means

• Like 22

37 minutes ago, junee22 said:

Didn't the director see it?or maybe that too was a hint on how close WS to Ji Mong? (perhaps Ji Mong taught him english language :sweatingbullets: ) .. oh and the wrong translation of 10th Eun said (ep4) about ball from Qing/Qin dynasty?? neither both..maybe Jin?? or Tang?? because (I read from wiki..not sure if its accurate) the time line this story took was when in China was the period of 5 dynasties and 10 kingdoms...

Apart from that..I still think this drama is great,and LJG is a wonderful actor, and all of them really work hard for this drama....I'll skip that little annoying facts and just enjoy the show..

ok so what I observed was WS said was not What as we speak the word but he was also following HS to say hwaaiting, that HS told to Jung.. so may be he was just saying hwaait

Anyone thought same ?

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

Here is her character description. This lady has a tragic fate, she is Mr Old King's former lover but now becomes his servant to watch him from afar.

I was surprised and scared when I saw Haesoo wore the same dress like Lady Oh and Wang So was standing next to her in some bts photos :sweatingbullets:

So, Hae Soo will become a palace maid assigned to wash the clothes? I prefer her serving directly to the King like the C-version. There, she was treated by the King like his very own daughter.

• Like 13