[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

9 hours ago, solelylurking said:

I have feeling Wook's mother is just like her daughter: two faced people. Well, if only one face is beautiful, maybe you can get extra point with two. 

Yeah.. I can't complain with the close up either. Specially when LJK and KHN is on. Their micro expression is jjang!

I got feeling that maybe it is true that Wook mother is not as nice as people think. I mean all problem about Soo should finish when Wook 8th merried Soo. But how can a mother (that could be as ambitious as her daughter) let that chance that easily. I think she also want Wook 8t merried to better family. So rather that Queen Something (So 4th mother) who create the whole arrange married, it's more logic if Wook's mother that set the marriage. (Why Queen Something need to interfare Soo if she doesn't have huge impact to the throne war right now)

And agree with you about the close up. Bless the director for that. (Yeah sometimes it's not working, but sometimes it give wonderfull effect)

9 hours ago, solelylurking said:

Guys, what if the prod team kick in Hae Soo's sickness again? The girl was sick before HJ come inside his body right? 

Oh my God.. Please don't go that route for So sake. 

I kind remember that Lady Hae is suffering tuberculosis (sorry I couldn't remember who said that). But if that's true than it could be danger. TBC in past time kill as many as cancer today and the contagion of TBC is kind easy (especially by air from cough).

I'm with you for that pray.

9 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

cant we name our SHR fan grp as Eclipse Lovers, EL ? just came up seeing  moon lovers in title....may be not good but my brain is thinking all abt SHR noedays

I like that idea very much...

5 hours ago, mynameiswat said:

It's just sadder that in this version, the cousin/sister actually love eight prince........ :tears: but then she acknowledges that eight prince only has eyes for Hae Soo. Well, now that I think about it.... the other version was sad too because in her whole lifetime, she didn't even get to spend her life with the one she loves....hmmm..... whatever, both of the versions are sad in their own way. :lol:

About 13th prince feelings towards Lady Hee... did he have a one-sided love for her? Or did he just genuinely cared for her as from a point of view from a brother to a sister? 

I personally think that 4th prince will look more handsome (even though he already is) if they put his hair in a bun, and push his bangs on the mask away, only revealing his mask without any hair blocking it. Anyways, just an opinion of mine. 

The scene when the king asked Hae Soo "why am I a good and wise king", I was expecting Hae Soo to whip up a creative poem like how Ruoxi did. But then, I realize that Hae Soo is not well rounded in history, so my expectation went *bloop! Into the drain* Anybody else who watched the Chinese version was expecting the same thing as what I was expecting? Or was it just me? Maybe it's just me.... hahahahahahahahaha :lol:

1. I think BaekAh 13th love is love from man to woman. But because he know Lady Hae love Wook 8th, he kept his distance in friend or noona-dongsaeng love.

2. Of course our prince will look handsome with bun and no bangs. Even mask doesn't cover his charm :D

3. HaeSoo is HaeSoo. We know that she not really good at history (which make me amaze she still can remember three things that King TaeJo did). She can't read and write Hanja (because Korean use Hangeul right now that invented in Jeoson). Her behaviour is wierd to (from that era point of view). But that's her charm right?

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

Sorry to cut your post.

Seohyun's character is appearing next week as i see in the preview.

Am looking forward to that becos I kind of like 13th, he has talent as an artist and is steadfast in his views. Right now, 9th is a side kick for the evil 3rd and 10th seems naive, 14th is a spoilt brat inviting trouble. So besides 4th n 8th, only 13th seems a dependable man.

That said, I miss Wang So like crazy.:wub:

Yeiy WooHee finally appear. Hahaha me too, me too. I'm waiting for BaekAh-WooHee ship sailing...

• Like 19

15 hours ago, dhia205 said:

i maybe wrong but why interpret this as 3rd also have an eye for YH?? really?? if that so it would be great for them..their household will be a living hell for the servant 

We have another ship? YH/WY? :cold_sweat: I'd probably have to be very sinister to dote on these two's pairing. But hey we have very unusual alternate ships on our list. :phew:

• Like 12

the scene of nam joo hyuk a.k.a baek ah really surprises me. He acts really good. i am on the verge of tears when he asks madam hae if she knows all about it. i can feel that he is so angry, dissapointed, pain watching meadam hae being hurt by wng wook. a big claps to you, nam joo hyuk.

Scarlet heart is really addictive and entertaining. it has its own charms and one of it is i can't tell or see how the story/plot unfolding. for example, we know that wang so and hae soo will fall in love with each other but for now, she seems to be in love with wang wook. so, i really want to know/see how hae soo's heart will change.Other people called this drama is just another typical saeguk, but i don't find it typical at all. it full of surprises, questions and curiosity though we had little or even lots of information about this drama through the original novel/drama and even the history itself. i find myself keep questioning how everything will turns out at the end.

It could only be me but i find that moon lovers feel like a chinese/taiwanese/hong kong historical drama. i am a fan of chinese/hong kong historical drama years ago, so this drama makes me feel nostalgic.

Anyway, Moon lovers fighting!! I hope there is an improvement episodes by episodes to keep us on the edge of the seats. And of course, ratings, please increase a lot!! i am really hoping for magic.

• Like 24

Thread is moving fast so I may have missed it if someone has already mentioned this.

Was just watching ep 5 and after the scene of Wook and HS at the river (following Baek-ah's confrontation/revelation), HS was in the room with Wook's poem and she kept it within pages of a book, before putting it on the shelf.

This feels like an "evidence" she would find when she returns to modern times and cannot find historical records of her existence, to confirm that her time travel did indeed occur. Just like Zhang Xiao found some accessories she received as Ruoxi, although history did not record her existence. Possible? Or would there be historical records of HS, the soap maker? :D

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, ahriev said:

1. I think BaekAh 13th love is love from man to woman. But because he know Lady Hae love Wook 8th, he kept his distance in friend or noona-dongsaeng love.

He is...he love Myung-Hee as a woman. In previous episode where he and Myung-Hee sit together at the gazeebo. Baek Ah play a song with his gayageum for Myung Hee, and he said no matter what happen he still the first that acknowledged her rather than Wook, and he know for sure that Wook never love her. And Myung Hee also knew his feeling toward her very well. 

15 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

JM answer to HS sound so suspicious for me, like a multi layer message for HS.

JM know everything in my take. He know the history very well that's why he always have great opinion for the king. And the way he did so Wang Soo can finally entering and even stay at the palace, he know how to say it and how to do it very well. In first episode where the princes gather and Won told what he will become in future, make me realize now this man really know everything. And he seem play a big part in every decision of the king, and even know how to escape from a trouble very well. Like in the preview where Wang Soo cornered him and ask JM on how to avoid the marriage for Hae Soo.

12 minutes ago, milwon said:

It could only be me but i find that moon lovers feel like a chinese/taiwanese/hong kong historical drama. i am a fan of chinese/hong kong historical drama years ago, so this drama makes me feel nostalgic.

The major issue stay the same, but how the story built is really different in my pov. If you notice in the opening scene there always a line "This drama has taken a creative license to history" so I guess the story will completely different from previous version. 

In this version based on the long teaser I've watched I assume Mo is dead. Yoo up for the throne, but then Soo with back up from Baek Ha and the general come forward to take the throne. I'm curious what happen to Wook, in C-Version Wook described as a very "perfect king should be" in here too he is a perfect crown prince with great knowledge. How the brothers create ally in future that I really want to witness. 

Oh and one more little thing, the brothers and even crazy eomma always wondering where Soo got his martial skills. He even exceed their expectation on his fighting skills. Seeing how close he is with the general, could it be him this whole time?? And seeing the King also not even surprised about Soo special ability, that make me wonder too. Crazy eomma once said if JM know about Soo then the King definitely know too. So is the King do everything to also prepare Soo as his crown prince behind that crazy eomma???? The King assign the general to get close with him and teach him everything he need??

Soo is more intelligent too....remember how he is the only one that understand Hae Soo drawing??? LOL....even Wook failed to recognize it at first.

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, valentvcd said:

different preview with eng sub... 

Hide contents

Thanks for for this!!

So it looks like Hae Soo's family is finally getting involved and is marrying her off as soon as possible? There could be some interference from Mean Princess spurring this on, but it looks like Princes 4, 8 and 10 aren't happy about it at all and Wang So is upset even to the point of going to Queen Seenmysanitylately about it??? Omo, don't go to her for help, So, that's like making a deal with the devil!!!

My theory is that they will spirit Hae Soo away from her wedding caravan and then Nice Queen will pull some strings to have Hae Soo work in the palace instead, then Wang So can bring her back from wherever he's hidden her (ROMANTIC COTTAGE!!!). I wonder if he's asking Wook if he loves Hae Soo...

• Like 22

1 hour ago, milwon said:

Ep 5 is really good with full of emotions. Although I want more wang so scenes but it was a heartwarming and great episode with great cinematography plus improved editing. i cry so hard watching madam hae scene and her final goodbye. it was very beautifully done. and the ost at the end blend really wells with the scene. that ost is really good. hope to hear it again in next episodes. oh, may i know what the itles of that ending ost and who is the singer? it seems that i can't find it

Another thing, i saw somewhere that this is lee jun ki last saeguk drama. is it true? i want to see him in modern drama too, but saeguk fit him the best. doing saeguk once in a while doesn't hurt though, mr lee jun ki. if it is really true that this is his last saeguk then i will really miss him in saeguk drama particularly his saeguk accent, garbs.

There someone said its lee sun hee voice who sing "fate" ost king and the clown ...

• Like 7

I'm watching ep 4 with eng subs after watching it raw the other day and noticed the picnic basket thing Hae Soo was carrying....that picnic basket looks heavy AS hahahah. Also realized like IU's face is seriously, like symmetrical hahaha so pretty

I love how IU works well with all the characters, there is chemistry and connection. 

Does Joon Ki even age? I remember watching him TBTDW back in 2007...looks the same hahahaha EDIT: Just saw those pics on his I.G....aging NICELY hahah hott

he's done a lot of sageuk dramas. I'm pretty bad at watching sageuk (I follow the series for a few weeks then end up not finishing it) Hope I don't do that to this one!

• Like 20

7 hours ago, miles99 said:

Okay so there's something I don't get wang so is the fourth prince and wang wook is the 8th prince but they were born in the same year so how does the order of each prince work out ?

I tried to search for Wang Wook but according to wiki, WW's birth date is not revealed. Even in the family tree of King Taejo, only his death was recorded. According to wiki, it is uncertain if WW is the fifth, sixth or seventh son of King Taejo. I think the reason why Wook became the 8th prince in Scarlet Heart Ryeo is because in the original version (novel and c-version), Kang Haneul's character is the 8th prince. I'm not sure with this though. I'm not an expert in Korean history. :bawling:

• Like 12

Not sure if someone has posted this preview for the upcoming episodes with haesoo and wangso riding away together?

:wub::wub: Can't wait to see how this all going to play out~ Looking forward to all the SoSoo moments we are going to get!!! Now i just need to get through the next few days rewatching this weeks episodes a couple hundred times~ Lee Joon Gi's face is so lovely to look at~ can watch him all dayyy kekekeke 

• Like 22

I am enjoying this adaptation of Scarlet Heart Ryeo so much. I watched the chinese version too which was very good but don't feel the need to draw parallels or compare between the two. To me they are two distinct productions each with their own charm.  Lee Jun Ki had long been one of my favorite leading men and I am again, amazed at just how good he is at emoting with just one eye, beyond talented, he keeps pushing the boundaries of great acting and the action scenes are just daebak. Can't wait until that face mask comes off and I get to see his complete handsome face. Can't wait for the next episode.

Can someone kindly direct me or PM me to the director's cut links. I would love to see all the deleted scenes.  Thanks!

• Like 23

So of the stories we have the novel, the c-drama, and the K-drama...I have a couple of questions...that are all really just the same question.

did the author write the novel with just Chinese history in mind, and fudged facts as needed, and then it was completely adapted for Korean history...or are there just a lot of of dynastic families that fit this pattern that it could be applied to more than one culture and time frame? Or is it really China and Korean history that is the same family....just claimed as their own? (Sorry if anyone thought that that was either a really ignorant or silly question)

I guess I with no knowledge of any of the source materials Chinese actual history, Korean history, or the novel...I am a bit confused as to what is real (historical) and what is part of the book...and how much is really really made up (other than the time travel)

i read almost all of the pages in this forum, and I am still a bit confused. 

• Like 12