[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

It's so nicely to wake up to a lively forum. SeeSeems most of us are still moony over last night's Ep.

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@qwenliI believe, Wang Wook loves his wife like she said, she loved him more than he did. However, there is no reason to deny his feelings for her. Besides, there are different kind of love. Therefore I agree with @lyn09. He always acted like a polite, calm and distanced husband, yet he spent a lot of time with her and he worried about her. That's why her death will upset him as he could never say that he loved her too. In my opinion he will guilty therefore he won't ask Hae Soo to marry him.

I believe in a way he does love her and we see he cares for her. But it !might be a respectful and thankful kind as opposed to earth moving encompassing type of love. She doesn't make his heart flutters like HS did. And there's definitely guilt as both of them established he does not Love her as much as she does him.

Spoiler

In C novel version the 8th prince confesses many tyms but ultimately ruoxi made him choose between her and his ambition to be king. He chose the latter which is why they didn't end up together

7 hours ago, sunl0ver said:

This is my favourite episode so far. No more abrupt scene change and strange OST. No more clique flirting scenes. 
Two similar scenes as in C-version : HS meets King 1st time, HS and 8th prince walking in the snow -> Both scenes very well done in Scarlet Heart.

I love Wook's poem to HS so I did some research on the internet. Please pardon my poor translation skills :

------------
竹枝词 by Tang poet 刘禹锡

杨柳青青江水平,-> green willows by the calm lake
闻郎江上唱歌声。-> I hear him singing (on the lake)

东边日出西边雨,-> On the east, there is sun; on the west, there is rain
道是无晴还有晴
    ->   is it a cloudy day or a sunny day ?

"sunny" 晴and "love" 情sounds exactly the same. On the surface, the young maiden is lamenting about the weather but she is actually wondering about the feelings of her man - does he like he or not ? (last sentence in the poem).

photo credit : tupian.baike.com

--------------------------------

So Wook is lamenting that he is not sure of HS's feelings for him. What a beautiful romantic way to ask her !! :wub:

As for HS's reply, *cough cough* enough said :lol::lol::lol:

Thank-you for sharing the poem. That's actually one of the beautiful things of ancient China. The poems are beautiful and contain messages when u read between the lines. I oso appreciate that since it's in Goryeo they still use Hanja (Chinese character) since Hangul was created in Joseon period. And modern koreans hav little or poor knowledge of Hanja.

7 hours ago, ruzikie said:

Wang So will die in the end right meanwhile the reason i watch this because of him saying bogosipotta to Haesoo. gosh, don't tell me it will have a tragic ending.

The I miss u part ...eek hearttwrenching but pls no tragic ending...pls...

30 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

HAHAHA. This is SO cute! And I love how Wang So is the only one who understands Hae Soo well enough to decipher her letter. And it's also further proof of how much Hae Soo has changed and helped Wang So in such a short amount of time. Before having met her, would he have looked at the letter and understood it? Probably not, because he wouldn't have known what it was like to feel happiness.

Love your point. Truly their interaction has made him know the type of person she is. What is more important is Wang So takes the time to "know" and "understood" her. This coming from a wolfdog who couldn't care less to run people down galloping on his horse.

2 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Hi chingus!

I came Home after a too long Day - and I first checked the recaps - than I watched the RAW and now I´m here again.

I´m sadly not sure If I will be able to wait for the subs today... wasn´t that tired that early for a longer time. So I guess I need to sleep soon. But first I have to write at least one Comment here.

What can I say... that was not enough Wang So for me today. :D

But even his Scenes today where rare they left a deep impact on me again. They where importend and wonderful.

I loved to see him standing Side by Side - to say it real in the Center - with his Brothers and it was kinda cute and sad at the same time how he observed them to do everything right. He is really not used to the Life from a Prince.

I love how he stole the StarGazers Room. Two Reasons as I believe - first - seeing the Stars reminds him on Hae Soo (and her watching the Stars and admire the Snow was for me the starting point for Wang So to fall in Love). But I believe he needs to feel not imprisoned too - so he can sleep well and have no bad dreams - as Hae Soo told him.

When he met Hae Soo outside in the Garden was very importend. I loved how he hided her behind his back - felt for me like - you don´t like this Women - oh goo Girl - you are so right. I will not even let her see you don´t worry.

But then he had to worry. His Expressions again - thinking Hae Soo hears it all - and Mother saying something again - thinking she can just speak freely. Wang So was really relieved when he found Hae Soos Hiding Spot empty - but she heard it all before - and like that he can see the real Wang So more and more. Even is she never wanted it - she can understand him better and better and she is the only one.

I loved the Flashbacks from Lady Hae today. Oh she was wonderful. Even reading the recaps made me so sad. But it was sure that we have to endure that. They made it clear from the first Moment that Lady Hae was fragil and ill. I wonder who it will be Hae Soo will be sold to in the next Episode. I love the Preview.

Maybe the two different Versions can be seen like the Brothers will work together this time to rescue Hae Soo. They share one feeling - she is importend. And when it is not about the fight to win her - but a plan to rescue her they - as I believe - will work hand in hand. So maybe Wang Wook will bring her out but he must returen fast so noone will know it was him and Wang So waits outside - but he show his Face before so the one getting her could not be him. But he will take over Hae So...  And than I´m a bit lost - maybe because I´m real tired.. is she already a Maid when she was at the Cottage with Wang So? Sorry - I had to know that but my Head is not working probably right now... have to check it later. To protect her Wang Wook will be okay that Wang So brings her in a Hiding Place? About that part I have my doubts... only if it is for a very short period...

That's what I feel too. Of what little we had of WS, His scenes all made a point. The stargazer room was a very nice input. Such a simple thing and him quoting her words. It's such a gentle way to show us how HS impacted him already. Then the poem deciphering part. I like his awkward smile (like it's so rusty but lately it the smile can't help breaking out cause of HS) and how he taught his brother to mimic the smiley. Too cute. And finally the garden scene. I love his instict to protect her too and also HS instinctively running away because she felt he would feel embarrassed that his mother spoke to him in disdain. 

We know WW is a clever person and he probably deduce WS will protect HS at all cost so he could be trusted and they share the same aim which is to help and save HS. Even if he knows he is or would be a love rival her safety takes precedence?

Lastly I forgot which user to quote regarding when and how WS transition to love HS. At this point it looks like he really likes her as a person and as a friend {an ally too) and also looks at her appreciatively as a man during the snow scene. But not sure if it would be like in reality they cross the blurry line of friends to love on quiet feet or something else. Love isn't the same cookie cutter in every case so it's interesting to find out how it would be written in SH Ryeo. But for sure all it needs is time for them to spend together to develop into that..

• Like 17

@juliacaesar

You can find the entire article here: http://chinesepoemsinenglish.blogspot.ie/2009/04/liu-yuxi-song-of-bamboo-twigs-i.html as I've put above. In it the author explains line 4 and it's difficulty in being translated: 

* Line 4: The main difficulty in this line is that in Chinese, 晴 (meaning sunny) and 情 (meaning love, affection) have the same sound, thus creating, with 無 (no/not) and 有 (have/is), a double meaning of 無晴-有晴 and 無情-有情. I think my rendition has covered it well, particularly having written “songs from my love, my beau” in line 2. If “to me, the sun is aglow” is considered too subtle, an excellent alternative is “for me, my sun is aglow”

He then mentions in one of the comments

I just happen to re-visit this poem and find that I should have suggested to you an alternative line 4 as "Say aye or no, the glow glows so". Apologies.

I assume (and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong) that you replace ''to me, the sun is aglow'' with ''say aye or no the glow grows so''. That's just my understanding and I could be completely wrong. 

• Like 15

54 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Which is more in keeping with the question he is asking her. Can you imagine a guy today writing his love in a poem?? LOL But I will say it was a very romantic gesture. 

From first hand experience, a guy today writing his love in a poem is, indeed, very romantic. ^^; However... modern poetry doesn't exude the same emotions and feelings as the ones with history behind it, like the one being used here. One of my favorite parts in the c-version was 8th and Rouxi's letter exchange, written in a beautifully poetic way. Writing and literature is a very important part of my life, so I guess it makes sense. Haha.

I'm glad to see that this aspect of the plot remained, as well as the snow scene (where Hae Soo follows Wang Wook by stepping in his footprints), which was another favorite of mine. Hae Soo's response letter to Wang Wook's poem was hilarious though... LOL. And it's so totally unexpected, that it's beautiful in its own right! :lol:

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

From first hand experience, a guy today writing his love in a poem is, indeed, very romantic. ^^;

You met a rare one @akinahana89 He's a keeper and it's definitely up there on the romantic to do list. You wouldn't find any of them here for sure. Apart from maybe Yeats but then that was how he wooed the Countess Markievicz and poetry was really his forte. Those days are long gone I'm afraid. 

Agreed I loved the snow scene too. It was really sweet. I was thinking of making some gifs for it. The snow scene in BBJX was a show stopper and I too am glad they decided to do it again. 

Her response to the poem really gave them all pause for thought, But it was hilarious when they realised what it was about. It was totally out there and probably wouldn't work for most, but she managed to pull it off with great aplomb. 

• Like 14

Annyeong! I have been a silent reader for quite a while. Watching this cos of my curiousity how'd SK remake my fave chinese drama BBJX. It's interesting both China and Korea have almost similar history esp throne conflict :sweatingbullets:  (Done skimming Goryeo's history). So far, in terms of details of char i like chinese version (cv) more, the relationship between main char and among the princes was stronger and clearer and other diff i notice are in cv the 4th prince already had a wife and the 8th prince's wife didnt die cmiiw. Yup, the story line is a bit diff, but i dont really mind cos the Ryeo's ep is obviously shorter and i think they need to fit it to Goryeo's history. In terms of the flow I prefer Ryeo to cv, that's why i keep watching It and really love the way they spoil us with those flower guys as princes :wub: (i dont really into IU anw *upss dont kill me *run*).

Ok~ I have finished watched ep 5 and obviously YH likes WS who is her half brother,,umm weird... :mellow: and after a long reading, based on pg1 char description YH will marry WS....! doesnt it count as incest??? :blink: 

Although i know how probably it's going based on BBJX, i still hv this 2nd lead syndrome..WW is so f perfect here.. aigoo HS how can u resist WW's charm, His wife just died and before she died u have her approval already..just marry him asap :phew: on ep 6 preview, when he rescued her I was like just go eloping with him, dont come back HS, hv a happy life with WW, get married, hv a lot of children and dont even dare to think to return to this present life. End. :phew:B) :lol: 

There're still a lot of conflicts to go, looking forward to each char's development. Cant wait for next week eps..hwaiting! :)

• Like 11

It's just sadder that in this version, the cousin/sister actually love eight prince........ :tears: but then she acknowledges that eight prince only has eyes for Hae Soo. Well, now that I think about it.... the other version was sad too because in her whole lifetime, she didn't even get to spend her life with the one she loves....hmmm..... whatever, both of the versions are sad in their own way. :lol:

About 13th prince feelings towards Lady Hee... did he have a one-sided love for her? Or did he just genuinely cared for her as from a point of view from a brother to a sister? 

I personally think that 4th prince will look more handsome (even though he already is) if they put his hair in a bun, and push his bangs on the mask away, only revealing his mask without any hair blocking it. Anyways, just an opinion of mine. 

The scene when the king asked Hae Soo "why am I a good and wise king", I was expecting Hae Soo to whip up a creative poem like how Ruoxi did. But then, I realize that Hae Soo is not well rounded in history, so my expectation went *bloop! Into the drain* Anybody else who watched the Chinese version was expecting the same thing as what I was expecting? Or was it just me? Maybe it's just me.... hahahahahahahahaha :lol:

• Like 12

At first I tried to understand YH and relate to her...but after the preview...just no. Being arrogant and rude is one thing, it's another to interfere with someone else's life so drastically and marry HS off. No no no. Last straw you witch. At first it seemed like she was sort of a victim of Queen Yoo, and past experiences and status explains her awful personality, but when she's playing with someone's life it makes her no better than the person she hates.

• Like 15

tumblr_od3vumJjbm1tdfsf6o3_r1_540.gif

This smile right here... it's so heart stopping. If Lee Joon Gi smiled at me like that, I'd be a total goner. I'm going to stare at this gif for hours now... lol.

11 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

You met a rare one @akinahana89 He's a keeper and it's definitely up there on the romantic to do list. You wouldn't find any of them here for sure. Apart from maybe Yeats but then that was how he wooed the Countess Markievicz and poetry was really his forte. Those days are long gone I'm afraid. 

Agreed I loved the snow scene too. It was really sweet. I was thinking of making some gifs for it. The snow scene in BBJX was a show stopper and I too am glad they decided to do it again. 

Her response to the poem really gave them all pause for thought, But it was hilarious when they realised what it was about. It was totally out there and probably wouldn't work for most, but she managed to pull it off with great aplomb. 

Haha. Sorry, but that particular love story didn't have a happy ending. It takes more than just being romantic to keep a relationship and those necessary aspects just weren't there.

It shouldn't come as a surprise anymore that only IU as Hae Soo could ever pull off all of Hae Soo's antics. LOL. And I would love to see some gifs of the snow scene too! ^^

• Like 19

56 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

I'm sure one of our chingudeul will correct me if I'm wrong. The rank of the prince will depend on his Mother's place/rank among the wives. Wangso is 4 - his mother is Dowager Empress Yoo (3rd Queen), who is higher ranked than Wang Wook's (8) mother, Empress HwangBo (4th Queen).

But then the 14th prince is also queen yoo's son how does it go from 4 to 8 ?

• Like 7

6 hours ago, solelylurking said:

The one thing I regret from the preview of next ep:

Why can Wang So be more poker face specially on front of his evil queen mother? It's like he's letting everyone know what he's feeling for Soo. I know I've said it myself that one only have to look at So's face to figure what inside his head but this is a palace, So! You need to be more political correct here or you'll be suffering more. 

I think it's the editing that makes it seem like she was asking So because it cuts to him, but I think it's more likely that she was addressing Jung.

1. She seems to be sitting down and talking to the person. I don't think she and So could have a chat sitting down; most of the time now, it looks like mother son interactions are confrontations. One of them's more likely to be standing

2. The manner of which she talks. Though to be honest, the way she said it does seem really threatening and in the cruel satisfaction way but I think that's also just her permanent character expression lolol. But overall, it seemed like she had a more doting expression and tone that we've only really seen her use for Jung and not even Yo. 

Just my thoughts, I could be completely wrong haha :D

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

This smile right here... it's so heart stopping. If Lee Joon Gi smiled at me like that, I'd be a total goner. I'm going to stare at this gif for hours now... lol.

YESYESYES!!~ LOVE IT!~ That smile ohmyword! :wub::wub: My heart <3 Makes me want to go watch ep 5 immediately!~ (which i've been procrastinating cos it looks like we don't get very much of our lovely SoSoo in it?)  Hahaha, although i know SoSoo is the OTP eventually, i'm just greedy for more scenes between them instead all this teasing with the 8th prince in the wayyyyy. Moveeeeeeeee number 8!~ stop trying to make me feel for you with your intense gazes and smiles! :crazy:

Alternatively, i will also devour any scene where number 4 makes an appearance. Ahhh i am so glad he is the main character and not a second/third/ lead

• Like 15

I just watched ep 5 and although I wasn't in a rush for it knowing there was little of WS, I was pleasantly surprised how good it was and the emotions it brought out of me, lucky my tissues were nearby.  I think WW always loved Lady Hae but never told her. Since it was an arranged marriage and being the gentleman that he is he probably held back from expressing himself other than taking great care of her. When she was on his back and confessed to him of her love he asked her why she didn't tell him how she felt and his tone was one of anguish. In an earlier episode when she was helping him give out stuff to a village in need he had given her a loving look across the way. After her death in the scene where he was crying and clinging to HS for comfort, I think that was when he realized how much he loved Lady Hae and his loss and anguish at losing her without letting her know how he felt will leave him with a guilt that would prevent him and HS from getting together. He will continue to look after HS as his wife wanted but I can't believe after that moving death scene that he would be able to think of HS as a lover.  I know that I can't, for me that ship has burnt and crashed. This episode was like the tragic ending of a love story :bawling:

On to the happier scenes, the emoticon reply was hilarious and it was perfect how WS explained it. I loved the scenes with WS, small as they were but very effective in reminding us of his presence in the drama.

I hate for YH to get her hands on WS but I have a feeling that he may marry her just to spite WY after that altercation :angry:

• Like 20