[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

There's sth so pretty with our otps and the wall at the palace. Im really looking forward to seeing them more second half of next episode..

Picture1.png

2 hours ago, aprilslily said:

I got the impression that HS was mostly oblivious to WW's affection and thought of it as him being kind to her, and that the guilt that she felt was from her finding out that everyone knew about her one-sided crush...including her beloved cousin, and that the appearance as that they were flaunting their flirting in front of her cousin (which they were) with out her really knowing about it.  Much like she was oblivious that her friend was dating her boyfriend in the 21st century. 

I was thinking too was she oblivious to WW's feelings since she naively believes the poem was about 'beautiful landscape'. But when WW said on ep 4 that he was afraid he lost her, and tried to move in to kiss her- surely that tells her he is into her right? previously she was world savvy and could tell right away 10th prince was interested in her and even predicted the line he would say. And then lateron 13th prince oso tells her HS and WW been xexchanging glances that even lady Hae is aware. So clearly shes no longer in the dark about WW's feelings but the extent of HS's feelings to me is unclear. Could be infatuation and turning more but love wasn't allowed to blossom from it due to guilt and lady Hae.

1 hour ago, valentvcd said:

when i stare at lee joon gi face... I find him handsome, yet manly but also pretty :D 

You and me both. There's sth so magnetizing with his gaze. I need more of him on my tv screen next episode :wub:

1 hour ago, dhia205 said:

i maybe wrong but why interpret this as 3rd also have an eye for YH?? really?? if that so it would be great for them..their household will be a living hell for the servant 

and JM answer to HS sound so suspicious for me, like a multi layer message for HS.

I didn't thk so until that scene too when he came out n interrupted WS and YH. Like he's interested in her but he married someone else for political reasons.

• Like 22

7 minutes ago, aprilslily said:

So of the stories we have the novel, the c-drama, and the K-drama...I have a couple of questions...that are all really just the same question.

did the author write the novel with just Chinese history in mind, and fudged facts as needed, and then it was completely adapted for Korean history...or are there just a lot of of dynastic families that fit this pattern that it could be applied to more than one culture and time frame? Or is it really China and Korean history that is the same family....just claimed as their own? (Sorry if anyone thought that that was either a really ignorant or silly question)

I guess I with no knowledge of any of the source materials Chinese actual history, Korean history, or the novel...I am a bit confused as to what is real (historical) and what is part of the book...and how much is really really made up (other than the time travel)

i read almost all of the pages in this forum, and I am still a bit confused. 

The original was based on facts of the Chinese court at that time ... there were charaters added and twists involved, but wikipedia agreed to most of the princes and what happend to them

The wife of the 8th prince was in the beginning of the original pregnant, that's why her sister (not cousin) was asked to live with her, the girl fell of stairs, not like in the K-version drowned (and if I am correct it was her own sister that pushed her, but I might remember wrong)

So there are differences and I guess they adapted it to Korean history, thought there are characters, added too, as much as I know that timeline had not so many princes

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ilovekorearocks said:

We have another ship? YH/WY? :cold_sweat: I'd probably have to be very sinister to dote on these two's pairing. But hey we have very unusual alternate ships on our list. :phew:

WY maybe have an eyes for YH not in romantic way, but since king adore her so much or at least that's what king said and what WY believe. WY maybe wanna tie her by him side because it's beneficial for his plan, beside if he can tie her it's mean he can control her entire family. all for politic no love involved like @sharreb said

1 hour ago, Yippeuni said:

JM know everything in my take. He know the history very well that's why he always have great opinion for the king. And the way he did so Wang Soo can finally entering and even stay at the palace, he know how to say it and how to do it very well. In first episode where the princes gather and Won told what he will become in future, make me realize now this man really know everything. And he seem play a big part in every decision of the king, and even know how to escape from a trouble very well. Like in the preview where Wang Soo cornered him and ask JM on how to avoid the marriage for Hae Soo.

i think you were right, JM know everything not because he can read the stars or such but because he already know where the story goes. if that so, that's means part of the plan to rid HS from the married can be JM plan too right??

• Like 17

6 hours ago, chickpea said:

The article I read said WS marries YH but lists a second wife, his niece, the daughter of King Haejong.  I'm wondering if this "Haejong" is related to our Hae So and Lady Hae.

Haejong is the current CP..Wang Mo, means WangSo married to Mo daughter. I dont think Haessi Buin or Haesoo related to CP. 

4 hours ago, wchoi8 said:

Any thoughts on the astronomer Jimong? Do you guys think he also traveled back to the past with Hajin?

4 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

I think he is a time traveler too...his conversation with Hae Soo implied he know as much as Hae Soo suspect...maybe he is there to be Hae Soo fairy godfather???

Because the king and Moo trust him so well, and he play a huge part in every king taejon decision, and he help Wang Soo a lot to gte him inside the palace again. And in future I really think JM also will chip in in every Wang Soo act toward Hae Soo. 

yeah..i think he also time traveler. this episode answer my question about his character as time traveler. 

1 hour ago, dhia205 said:

i maybe wrong but why interpret this as 3rd also have an eye for YH?? really?? if that so it would be great for them..their household will be a living hell for the servant 

yeahh...it look like that to me. look like he want yeonhwa for him. hurmmm...how i wish it will be real but from the history it is not. haih. 

• Like 15

4 hours ago, junee22 said:

@irilight as much as I want to write a comment on dramefever..I faced an obstacle..dramafever isn't allowed at my country :dissapointed: ..I need to sign up but I couldn't bcoz of that..as for the other site related to Korea..I don't know the subs/writings..so it's kinda made me feel frustrated (coz google translate can't help in some words *sigh* ) Anyway...maybe you could enlighten me? Just want to help this drama to be appreciated more by the natives fellows in SK..(although it's getting more and more positive feedback and I'm happy for the production team :) )

In the theory of Hae Soo's travel back to the future,many say maybe happened when its eclipse again..but exactly how many years took? scientifically...I heard it took hundreds of years...any of my friends here would know?

And hear I present to you, Mr Choi Ji Mong the astronomer :rolleyes:

FxMiHiX.png

PD-nim won't let him become an astronomer for unknown reason, right? Ji Mong may not powerful like The Wizard who helped Ruoxi back to future but I think soon or later  this man as an obsessed astronomer will figure out the eclipse cycle and how it work. :rolleyes: He must want to come back home so much that he stays in the telescope tower most of the time.

• Like 18

2 hours ago, irilight said:

@junee22, oh, bummer. Thank you for trying  :)
yes, I think DF is more restricted to some geographical areas but I am not sure which they are.
Maybe U.S, Canada. I think they recently started in Australia too.
Can you not even click on awesome? What a shame.

Well, we can all still help the drama by watching as much as possible on Naver, and Korean media....

source: AsiaToday

source:  TV Daily

Below are some BTS and clips video from Naver. If we all watch consistently on Naver, it would help the show.

Even better, if you sign up for Naver (I signed with FB, it only takes a minute), and then you can also "like" the videos by clicking on the heart symbols

This scene had me tearing.
Not only his wife's dying, but the fact 8th Prince never got to say the words that he loved her....

Oh..thank you sooo much @irilight I'll make sure to do that..

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Yippeuni said:

Soo is more intelligent too....remember how he is the only one that understand Hae Soo drawing??? LOL....even Wook failed to recognize it at first.

He really is. Even in the original version, the 4th is more intelligent compared to his brothers. He knows how politics works and outsmarts his brothers.

1 hour ago, aprilslily said:

So of the stories we have the novel, the c-drama, and the K-drama...I have a couple of questions...that are all really just the same question.

did the author write the novel with just Chinese history in mind, and fudged facts as needed, and then it was completely adapted for Korean history...or are there just a lot of of dynastic families that fit this pattern that it could be applied to more than one culture and time frame? Or is it really China and Korean history that is the same family....just claimed as their own? (Sorry if anyone thought that that was either a really ignorant or silly question)

I guess I with no knowledge of any of the source materials Chinese actual history, Korean history, or the novel...I am a bit confused as to what is real (historical) and what is part of the book...and how much is really really made up (other than the time travel)

i read almost all of the pages in this forum, and I am still a bit confused. 

The c-version is based on the Chinese history. The story of an emperor and his sons in Qing dynasty. When they adopted it to k-version, they searched for a King whose sons and their history can somehow fit the story of Bu Bu Xing Jin. But, of course, they need to change some facts.

47 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

The original was based on facts of the Chinese court at that time ... there were charaters added and twists involved, but wikipedia agreed to most of the princes and what happend to them

The wife of the 8th prince was in the beginning of the original pregnant, that's why her sister (not cousin) was asked to live with her, the girl fell of stairs, not like in the K-version drowned (and if I am correct it was her own sister that pushed her, but I might remember wrong)

So there are differences and I guess they adapted it to Korean history, thought there are characters, added too, as much as I know that timeline had not so many princes

The one who pushed Rouxi is the sister of the 8th's first wife, not her own sister. She later became the 10th prince's wife. Also, I don't think they added princes. If you will check wiki, it is listed in the reference what they changed in the relationships of characters because they need to get a creative license for that. But, it might be missing some changes. Since Wiki is not always accurate. :)

@Asgarla in the list of characters of Scarlet HEart Ryeo, YH is listed as Wang So's wife. Even in the history, she is really his wife and queen. She is Queen Daemok.

• Like 21

@ShinRaeMi Thanx ;)
Wasn't sure about the sister (well which sister) ... watched some time ago, so I guess I remembered wrong.
Anyhow, did I check on wikipedia before the show started, and I had the feeling that there were less princes,
but to be honst they NEVER base the drama (any) spot on, but make a lose adaptation on history. It's called
creative freedom and that's also the reason they add in the beginning (something like) "any similarities or
namesakes to historical characters is pure coincident and the drama is not based on historical facts"

I guess it's better to add 1-4 characters, than to add a new king and sons at all and make historians cringe ;)

• Like 13

@Asgarla in the list of characters of Scarlet HEart Ryeo, YH is listed as Wang So's wife. Even in the history, she is really his wife and queen. She is Queen Daemok.

@ShinRaeMi  Thank you so much for the information.

crying3-onion-head-emoticon.gif that sure put a damper on my mood ...gaaa...the princess is one of those characters that invoke the following feelings in me: house-fly-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif

Well..then I really hope that it won´t play such a big role, because we only have 20 episodes..and I really hope that the evil-mother-queen and YH won´t get too much screen time...this would really distract from the fight for the crown and the love triangle between Hae Soo and Wang So and Wang Uk.

• Like 14

53 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

i think you were right, JM know everything not because he can read the stars or such but because he already know where the story goes. if that so, that's means part of the plan to rid HS from the married can be JM plan too right??

I think he will do big part on helping Soo get the throne and HS escape from her painful fate. JM there to lead the way and make everyone has their happy ending even with a very painful road. JM know that Mo will die and he said once to the king that Soo star shine brightly allign with Moo star....so in simple way...if Mo failed to be a king then Soo will be the one?

• Like 12

@Asgarla I hope they won't focus too much on her and the evil queen. They should focus on Hae Soo, her relationship to each princes and the fight for the throne between the 4th and 8th. There's more to Hae Soo's (friendly) relationship to other princes. And that's what I really like about the c-version. I hope the writer focused on that more than the evil queen and YH.

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, Maria Brimstone said:

Was there a Wizard in the C-version? I don't remember such a character? Is this the novel?

The Wizard is a character from Bu Bu Jing Xin C-version movie, he helped Ruoxi came back to future just in time before she died by saving her lover. Both The Wizard and Choi Ji Mong the astronomer aren't original character from the novel.

http://mydramatea.com/2015/11/24/xin-bu-bu-jing-xin-time-to-love-movie-review/

You can watch that movie here

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, Asgarla said:

One thing I had been wondering about and was somewhat worried was Princess Yeon Hwa´s interest in Wang So.

I really feared that they would marry her off to him...but after watching the last episode, I began to hope that this wouldn´t be the case. My reasoning: The king said that she is his greates joy in his old age...so I don´t think that he would marry her to the son that 1. is a reminder of an ugly encounter with one of his wives 2. has a scar on his face, which stands in contrast to their ideal of perfection 3. was sent away as a hostage...

On the other hand...I would be quite happy to see her marry Wang Yo :D..in my opinion..they make a perfect match.B)

Well I also think Princess YH and Wang Yo suit each other better :D But from what I read on wiki and other forums, it is said that Wang So, or later King  Gwangjong, married his half-sister who became known as Queen Daemok. Maybe this person is Princess Yeon Hwa, though I really don't want to see him marrying her on screen at all :(

• Like 10