[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

If So gave the Chunju’s an autonomy, what’s there to stop other clans from doing the same? 

So wasn’t just exiling Jung because of treason. He was exiling Jung to change the message that the Chunju’s leaving would send.

It’s a very clever move, and not one done out of pettiness. He’s changing it so that its not that the Chunju’s were leaving Goryeo, but rather, So was kicking them out. 

Jung and his clan would have left either way. What So had to do was either give them an autonomy and thus prove to other clans he can be rejected as King, or he can exile them, as a means to prevent other clans from following suit. 

I agree that he threw out Jung, more out of cleverness than pettiness. After Wook said that they were distributing rice to the labourers as per GJ's request, GJ in turn allowed them to handle the finances but he so casually mentions that he was exiling Jung for questioning his right to rule instead of executing him because he is his brother. It served two purposes, to weaken the Chunju's power and to warn all the nobles that he will not hesitate to execute anyone else who questions his rule. He is going to be one scary King and I can't wait to see what more political machinations he has up his sleeves on Monday :P

• Like 19

Look, okay, if I can't get a swift death for Wook, then what I need is for Soo to know and realize everything he's done. Please, drama. PLEASE don't have her return that hug. >.>;;;; I'm fine with her pleading for his life because she feels guilty/a sense of obligation. But DON'T HUG HIM BACK. If she does, it'll feel like she's absolving him like she absolved CR. :/

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, krysyuy said:

Look, okay, if I can't get a swift death for Wook, then what I need is for Soo to know and realize everything he's done. Please, drama. PLEASE don't have her return that hug. >.>;;;; I'm fine with her pleading for his life because she feels guilty/a sense of obligation. But DON'T HUG HIM BACK. If she does, it'll feel like she's absolving him like she absolved CR. :/

Sigh... IKR? In the C-version, I actually started to feel very bad for 8th prince, as if the punishment didn't fit the crime - at least his actions while devious did not kill anyone outright... This 8th prince reached Lucifer-level wickedness, if that's even possible. From the stills it looks like the hug was not returned? Soo's a hugger and the hug in the still doesn't look like one of her best...

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Evelyn C said:

Sigh... IKR? In the C-version, I actually started to feel very bad for 8th prince, as if the punishment didn't fit the crime - at least his actions while devious did not kill anyone outright... This 8th prince reached Lucifer-level wickedness, if that's even possible. From the stills it looks like the hug was not returned? Soo's a hugger and the hug in the still doesn't look like one of her best...

All I can say after I saw the image is "DON'T HUG HIM BACK"

Remember when he just walk away when you kneel in the rain?

Poke his eyes out, girl :angry:

• Like 17

Just now, antiherofans said:

All I can say after I saw the image is "DON'T HUG HIM BACK"

Remember when he just walk away when you kneel in the rain?

Poke his eyes out, girl :angry:

That's right - Soo keeps putting herself for out for these horrible ingrates - It seems like it's a one way street with Soo - I will help these people until I have nothing, they will resent me for pursuing my own happiness and try to undermine it, and at the end of the day, I still have to sacrifice for them... smh... 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, ruizaio said:

@whyo

I did notice that DramaFever mistranslated the part about what happened to the Hae clan after Hae Soo injured herself. Wook said that the king granted them fertile land. There was no mention of punishment or anything like that.

The problem is that unlike other clans, the Honghwajin Hae clan in MLSHR is purely fictional. I was not happy to see that they were supposedly related to Silla (hence Baek Ah considerd Lady Hae a sister) because Hae is the family name of the royalty of Goguryeo. The fact that they are supposed to be guarding the northern border also suggests that they're far from being influencial in Silla, which was based in the south. 

At any rate, the writer chose to set the status of the Hae clan to be so high that Baek Ah didn't dare ask for Lady Hae for himself and her marriage to Wook was enough to get the Hwangbo Lady back to Songak. Wang Geon wanted to marry a Hae to keep them loyal in guarding the northern border against the Khitans.

Of course it is odd that the greedy Hae people aren't seizing this opportunity to have a queen from their clan. Oh well. You could argue that the accusation of Hae Soo being a spy scared them since they have illegally traded horses with the Khitans before. 

Historically, it was most likely that Wang So's adopted mother, Lady Kang of Shinju, arranged for the marriage of Wang So and the Hwangbo princess. This was also before Wang Geon died.

In MLSHR, it doesn't make sense that the Chungju Yu clan would side with the Queen Mother and Jung and oppose So.  The privileged clans based in Songak supported So because they hated the move to Seokyung. The one who wanted to move the capital was Wang Shik Ryeom (who was a cousin of Wang Geon, so he was an uncle to all the princes, not just Yo. The reason why he supported Yo was specifically because he wanted Seokyung, his territory, to be the nation's capital) but he died even before Yo did. So it's ridiculous that there would be clans opposing So because he canceled the move. We have historical records of people shouting in joy when they heard of Yo's death because they hated the whole moving business.

The writer just had to force the situation to make Wang So marry Yeon Hwa (even though the timing is way late) instead of Hae Soo. In reality, the clans wouldn't unite over something like that because only the Hwangbo clan would benefit from that marriage. Each clan would be offering their own daughters as a candidate for queen.

Thank you so much @ruizaio for your detail explanation. Now I can understand that the story and history background about the clan is not the same. I just realized that each clan would be offering their own daughters as a candidate and wouldn't unite over something like that. Thank you... thank you so much. image.gif

@moonlovertales I hope ruizaio answer can enlightment you too :D 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, shinaabby said:

Throwback to the somewhat lighter parts of the drama when SoxSoo were lovey dovey.

Came across this beautiful MV using InuYasha OST "Affections Touching Across TIme"

This is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing... I can't call it lovey-dovey tho' coz it's so heartbreaking for me......

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

Yes, it has been removed. I am sorry I can't get the links too. Ah, I wish I have download the video before they remove it.

The last time I watched it, MLSHR is around episode 8 - 9, I think.

@junejungki I got the link to download his Healing Camp that posted by @liongurl at SoSoo shipper thread. Here it is, you can check another part at the right side.

• Like 10

It took me all day off and on to catch up on 40+ pages I missed from being absent from this thread for 2 days!  I didn't even want to try to pick out comments to respond to haha. 

I got right next to my landmark (Reunion Tower in Dallas, Texas) and pulled out my paper to take a picture for the support project .... and forgot a pen.  Yep so I took a picture with the blank piece and tried to craftily put some text on it after the fact.  Nope.  I should stick to my day job.  Oh well, sucks I couldn't get anything to add but there seems to be hundreds already so excited to see how it'll turn out.

From the stills posted, it looks like it's going in the direction of the C-drama but perhaps the future meeting of So and Soo will be a happier one.  I hope that Soo loses her memory or future So remembers her first so there's a little less heartbreak.  I can't imagine Soo being able to start again with all the pain she's suffered and death she's witnessed (partially responsible for) in 10 years.  

I CAN'T BELIEVE THE END IS ALMOST HERE!  WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO AFTERWARD?!  

• Like 18

8 hours ago, millie10468 said:

I'm wondering who everyone's top 3 most hated characters currently are, in descending order. These characters can be evil or they might not be, they might have reasons for their actions but their actions are detestable and quite frankly disgusting and appalling.

My Top 3:

1. Wook
  2. Won
  3. Queen SMSS/Yeonhwa

The most hated would be the second lead, ironically... I guess no second lead syndrome this time ;) the fact that he caused Eun' death and (possibly, based on a blogger's analysis) poisoned Yo with mercury as well just------ :angry:

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, liddi said:

The parallels to BBJX are intensifying... which promises a heartbreaking journey going into the finale:

Begging on behalf of 8th Prince:

8th Prince's confession about Ruoxi to force 4th to let her leave with 14th:

8th Prince seeing Ruoxi off:

8th and Ruoxi's farewell hug:

Those images are really tough to watch, they are basically identical. When you are remaking a drama like this, are they not allow to stray away from the original ending? Do they have to follow everything the same? In RM, LJK chooses 'melo" drama over "action" drama,  is it why lots of his dramas ended with unhappy ending (I consider reincarnation not a happy ending as the people are not the same people)?  Ughhhh I am dreading Monday as much as I want to get this torture over with....

• Like 13

Ahhh, the new still cuts have been released, thanks to those who posted them~~

Bleh, I winced at the WW-HS hug still. Yeesh, this guy has the nerve to hug her after everything he's done?? Looking carefully at the stills, you would see that HS doesn't return the hug (her arms aren't around WW, they're by her side instead AND, AND her fists are clenched) so there's that to ease me!

I'm becoming so anxious for this week.... GOSHHHHH, THE FINAL TWO EPISODES ARE THIS WEEK! The drama will be ending soon, I'm going to miss this drama soooooooo much, just everything about it! Never have I ever watched something so breathtaking...

This has probably been asked before, but what are you guys going to do once this drama ends? Personally, I will find it VERY hard to move on :sweatingbullets:

• Like 16

Wang Wook has became in a traitor, a liar, a manipulator and a murderer for a sister that at the end he put in the throne and whom in order to gain GJ's favors is not going to move a finger to save her own brother, in any case it might be Hae Soo who saves him from an execution Once he said that Yeon Hwa was no longer his sweet sister, and from now on he had a debt with her and she with him, it will be that her imminent betrayal and that Hae Soo will be terrible hurt by all this, that he will redeem himself having the courage to confess the crimes of his sister. Indeed it's fair that once and for all he collect the debt YH has with him, I refuse to believe this is going to be the first Kdrama, among all I've seen in my life, that one of the most unbearable female character will get away with it, at least she deserves suffer in life for all she did

I want to mention my top 3 most hated characters:

1. Yeon Hwa: she is so unbearable that I prefer Yu Ri from Stairway to Heaven  hate onion head

2. Wook: his true self came to the surface, how can someone likes a man who abandoned and betrayed the woman who supposedly he loved  pointing onion head

3. Queen Yoo: Is fair to call this woman "mother"?  expulsion onion head

• Like 11