[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I'm wondering who everyone's top 3 most hated characters currently are, in descending order. These characters can be evil or they might not be, they might have reasons for their actions but their actions are detestable and quite frankly disgusting and appalling.

My Top 3:

1. Wook
  2. Won
  3. Queen SMSS/Yeonhwa

• Like 14

1 hour ago, tinniet said:

I have no idea whether this last premonition will come true exactly the way it is or not. He looks so hateful here so maybe this will happen after he knows about Wook-Soo past relationship? Or after Jung-Soo marriage? I wish this won't come true but let's see. It all depends on Soo now.

All the visions came out to be true, but Hae Soo's reading of them was not entirely correct. She saw Wang So laughing after killing Eun, however it was a delirious one not monstrous as she predicted. Maybe in this vision too, although he seems angry for a split second, his face will change to utter sadness in the following moment.

2 hours ago, liddi said:

What would So be without his emotional place of refuge in the end, the one place he can find rest and comfort for his weary heart?

I know yours is a rhetorical question, but I believe Wang So answers it in episode 17 when he pleads Hae Soo not to leave him alone in his room: "Just thinking about being here alone makes me feel suffocated" (translation from subs). If it were me, I'd have a breakdown and major depression would kick in but yeah, he's a king, so no time for that.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

I'm wondering who everyone's top 3 most hated characters currently are, in ascending order. These characters can be evil or they might not be, they might have reasons for their actions but their actions are detestable and quite frankly disgusting and appalling.

My Top 3:

1. Wook
  2. Won
  3. Queen SMSS/Yeonhwa

I would say mine is the same as yours. Although frankly I'm still hoping Wook can still be redeemed somehow... (wishful thinking?)

• Like 9

Just now, sosooyah19 said:

Wook got to do jobs more than what he should to do as a right hand man of the Kings from Mu to Yo.. i guess as their backs he was already trying to make ties with other powerful clans by doing "bargains" (remember CR said that many believed WW should be the crown prince- as he was a straight A and Humble *cough* at the same time and not Mu - having a not so powerful clan), so in the end, he became the representative of the clans against So..

Ah-ha! I see, that makes sense. I had forgotten about Wook's charity giveaway's during the earlier days when Lady Hae used to be there, he had earned a lot of goodwill through doing such things I bet but still I thought the best and most permanent way of securing clan support was through marriage so I was wondering how they got so much power.

I just remembered, this is my first post on this main thread and I started off with two-faced snake Wook and slimy witch Yeon Hwa  Image result for noooooooo

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I would say mine is the same as yours. Although frankly I'm still hoping Wook can still be redeemed somehow... (wishful thinking?)

Chae-ryung...I find her despicable. Alive, she was a treacherous spy whose only loyalty was to her master. Her final weapon was the blood letter, and it was the most powerful tool ever; it created a permanent rift between So and Soo. Chae-ryung knew well what she was doing when she wrote that letter; she knew it would sever ties between So and Soo. That was her ultimate revenge against So for taking her life, and her final service to her master.

• Like 14

Actually, I am still trying to figure out about Ji Mong's role. Modern HS time-travelled to the past, remained there, couldn't go back until she died in the past. Modern JM time-travelled to the past? it means the JM in Goryeo is JM from the future ( he knows the modern technologies). But modern JM was there when modern HS drown. Does it mean, Goryeo JM eventually died then transport back to the modern days and become the homeless drunkard JM? That's why he looked so depressed in the future? because of all the terrible shipwreck he experienced in Goryeo? does it mean the homeless JM would be able to tell modern HS the story/ whatever happened after she died in the past?

Also, when So confronted JM about why 3rd prince became King, JM said he was also surprised, something must have changed the fate, some variables. The variable is certainly HS. But what other things that could change? we thought HS couldn't change anything, history stays the same.

Ok, I need to stop now. Why am i doing this to myself. :expressionless:

• Like 12

This is kinda random but I just wanted it out there that I think LJG can not be defined by just one word when describing him.  I can't say he's just handsome or he's just beautiful like how I can usually apply these terms to other actors. I usually associate maybe 1 to 3 words per actor. But with LJG, he encompasses ALL; he's so beautiful, so handsome, so cute, so sexy, so swoon worthy, shines so bright, so dark, so dangerous, can act, can sing, can dance, very kind and generous, loves and appreciates all his fans, such an inspiration. These are just some.  If I tried to list them all, I might crash soompi.  

Yes, I admit, I maybe kinda biased because I'm so in love with him. 

• Like 23

5 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

I'm wondering who everyone's top 3 most hated characters currently are, in ascending order. These characters can be evil or they might not be, they might have reasons for their actions but their actions are detestable and quite frankly disgusting and appalling.

My Top 3:

1. Wook
  2. Won
  3. Queen SMSS/Yeonhwa

Hmmm my top 3 would be:

1. Won

2. Yeonhwa

3. Wook

Is hard for me to hate Wook (don't worry,  I still do. I said hard,  not impossible) because I can see his character profession and I get it. But at the same time,  he's dead to me for all he's done to our babies. 

I've never once liked Won, which kudos to the actor for making him so believably slimy. From the second episode when Soo is fighting Eun and everyone is going outside to see what's up, he sees Yo is not going so he's all like, yeah fighting's dumb. But then when Yo gets up to go,  suddenly it's all so interesting. That's when I knew he was on the naughty list.  And of course, using CR like he did (she has her own issues)  Big no. 

And YeonHwa... please die in a fire. That is all. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, moonlovertales said:

Actually if the Hae clan wasn't completely destroyed then Hae's would have been more powerful than the Hwangbo clan I guess because remember, Wook needed to marry Lady Hae to regain their standing in society so I doubt they are any less powerful than Hwangbo but yes, YH has the added advantage of being the Kings daughter.

There's something I'm confused about, during the first half we saw how Wook and his family despite being a part of the royal family and a part of a powerful clan were still kicked out of the palace and pushed under the thumb of Queen Yoo most of the time. We also got to know that Wook had to marry for the sake of gaining support from a more powerful clan like the Hae's? (I'm not sure but I think Lady Hae and his mom did say that it's because of the Hae clan support that they could get back into the palace) but in the second half, like the current episodes, it seems that Hwangbo clan is the most powerful seeing how much power Wook held in court and also YH opening the gates, etc. which was weird considering Queen Yoo is still around and her clan, despite it all was more powerful than any others according to how they were trying to show it. Now that Yoo is out, it seems the second most powerful is Hwangbo which is leaving me quite confused as to how did they gain that much control after losing the support of the Hae's who had been their ticket back into the palace in the first place. Wook didn't remarry so... What happened?

Actualy.. I don't know hahahaha. I don't have any background statement about what happen. The only thing I know is because YH said that to HaeSoo at the start of epi 18.

My opinion is Hwangbo not more powerful than Queen Yo family (Chungju) which is true that they are the second most powerful. WS is from Chungju but Chungju clan don't want to support him due to cancelation of moving the palace. That is mean even his family not support him as a king. Then he must seeking another clan support, but another clan like Kang clan allied with Hwangbo clan. That make Hwangbo clan more powerful. 

So..., WS need to make alliance with Hwangbo but they don't want to help except he want to make YH as a queen. Which is the greatest choices as a queen that time due to her status as Taejo daughter.

I might be wrong.. maybe another eclipses can answer? Hahahaha maybe @liddi or @ruizaio :) ??

• Like 8

1 hour ago, whyo said:

Hello.. welcome :D 

I have the same tought before... Unfortunately, YH is more powerful than Soo eventho Soo get support from her clan. YH is the daughter of King Taejo and her clan (if I'm not wrong) is more powerful right then (because Hae clan get punishment from King Taejo). So...... the conclusion is HS can't win against YH. :tears:

Hello and thanks :)

Now the situation ist undoubtely lost, HS can't win against YH (except poisoning her or murdered otherwise, but HS would it never do). But if HS would have her clan, she would be with WS and his wife/her only queen. That is the problem of short-time win, but long-time loss.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

Hmmm my top 3 would be:

1. Won

2. Yeonhwa

3. Wook

Is hard for me to hate Wook (don't worry,  I still do. I said hard,  not impossible) because I can see his character profession and I get it. But at the same time,  he's dead to me for all he's done to our babies. 

I've never once liked Won, which kudos to the actor for making him so believably slimy. From the second episode when Soo is fighting Eun and everyone is going outside to see what's up, he sees Yo is not going so he's all like, yeah fighting's dumb. But then when Yo gets up to go,  suddenly it's all so interesting. That's when I knew he was on the naughty list.  And of course, using CR like he did (she has her own issues)  Big no. 

And YeonHwa... please die in a fire. That is all. 

For me, my dislike for Wook (and why he's at the top of my list) stems from the very fact that we do see how his character progresses into the current him. The fact that we see him make conscious choices that eventually culminate in such a detestable character reminds me that he could have been a different less repugnant character and that makes me hate him. In some way, I kinda feel betrayed that he changed so much for the worse and that translates into my strong feelings of hatred towards him.

Won, like you said, was clearly slimy from the very beginning. Nothing he's done after surprises me so I just hate that he ended up becoming so influentially evil in the grand scheme of things. It was him who set Chaeryung on Soo and So and for that HE MUST BURN!!

As for Yeonhwa, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, kiinn said:

1. Yeon Hwa

2. Yeon Hwa

3. Yeon Hwa

God i loathe her

I'm pretty sure most of us would agree to this. A character you would like to punch the daylights out of:

1. Yeon Hwa

2.Yeon Hwa

34567891011.....Yeon Hwa.

I actually used to find her ambition interesting before (like first half) but now, she is nothing but pure desperation and greed. Its not even about survival anymore with her.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, sosooyah19 said:

if So did not turn against Hae clan, he might be able to be with Soo, since Hae clan is responsible why YH's clan was accepted again to the palace.. oh well, WS is loyal to the King and his father so he have to rat them out..

Exactly so. :bawling:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nightwitch said:

Hello and thanks :)

Now the situation ist undoubtely lost, HS can't win against YH (except poisoning her or murdered otherwise, but HS would it never do). But if HS would have her clan, she would be with WS and his wife/her only queen. That is the problem of short-time win, but long-time loss.

This is for you... to ease our heart :P I got it from @bitofmadness at SoSoo shipper thread

14804874_10208704058651950_1329621509_n.

• Like 21

6 hours ago, janny2812 said:

My friend and I, we love ML so much. I meet her last night and we spent lost of time to talk about So - Soo love story. We cried a river after episode 18. My friend said that she had to watched Running Man after she seen ep 18, that make her mood better.

LOL I just watched RM (with the episode when So, Wook and Yo in it). Oh my happy times watching So is not So (get what I mean)? I definitely feel better and not to put pressure on myself thinking what will happened in the last two episode. I will enjoy Scarlet Heart as much as I can :glasses:

5 hours ago, millie10468 said:

My Top 3:

1. Wook
  2. Won
  3. Queen SMSS/Yeonhwa

You know what I can almost list characters that I hate in Scarlet Heart but the thing is the writer definitely knows how to redempt their characters you know. They makes everything is not black and white. I mean I hate Yo but his death- the reality of his real life makes me sad for him. Makess my heart ache. I feel like huggin him during his last breath. Lol. Poor kid. At the end of the day, I just found myself sympathy with their characters and such. But of course to pick top three, I will simply choose these three:

1. Queen Yoo - I just hate what she does to her sons, favoritism and how it affected lots to their well being. With So (who feel unwanted, abandoned by his mother), Yo with you know how he struggle just to fulfill her lust of power and Jung is just simply being a spoiled brat. 

2. Won - How could he? You know I want the same exact things happened to him like what 9th prince in BBJX. To use somebody just for the sake of your goals is intolerable for me. I think thats why I hate Queen Yoo to.

3. Wook - Should I eloborate more? You wook-ed away, Wook. Wook away.

• Like 14