[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

10 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

It's like we've signed up for self-flagellation every week - the drama teases us with happy So-Soo moments, sandwiched in gut-wrenching, mind-numbing, heart-break inducing moments. We're just suckers for punishment LOL I would recommend the Chinese drama - You can see how well/not our writer handled the adaptation from that... I've become too sensitive because of this drama - to the point of taking criticism extremely personal :w00t: - I realise this is unreasonable at this point, but I'm a goner...We will all need a lot of help after the drama - I still love @ktcjdrama's healing chant from many pages back. I had to write that in my notebook and carry it with me to remind me that this too will pass... :)

Haha, omg, me too! I get angry when the drama is criticized (even when it's valid!). In fact, I was just over at Dramabeans reading the post of what they're watching and every one of them dissed MLSHR (again, whether valid or not)... I was so mad I closed the page and came back over here. Not only has the cast and crew put in so much effort and love into this drama, so have I! Waking up early to watch the lives, running up my data bill looking up everything I can when I'm at work, lurking Soompi between episodes, obsessively checking Twitter/Instagram/Tumblr, outing myself as a rabid K-Drama fan at work because I *have* to talk to someone about it. I refuse to have my hard work looked down upon.

Oh, love is blind. Or at least, in denial.

• Like 8

HS story is a bit parallel to Lady Ohs' BUT she is from 21st century she THREW him prematurely! Take that WS! Don't get me wrong I love WS but bypassing is really foul, well any way he is just following HS instruction not to kill his BROTHERS she forgot to include her BFF. HS should have given him a CHECKLIST. My wishlist is that a MLSHR convention to be held. I WILL START THROWING IF THERE WILL BE A CONVENTION :grin:

• Like 12

the new stills are so heartbreaking. if hae soo accepts wook hug i will totally lose my faith in her, cause it took me a whole lot of re-watching ep 18 a few times to understand why she didn't try to understand or wasn't on wang so side. if only i could rewrite her character as strong and resilient then the creative license could have been used to make her queen daemok. 

• Like 12

@antiherofans OMG! lol2 onion head Now I can't stop imagine the moment with that song 

Till episode 10 the place as the most hated character had it Queen Yoo, but I think Yeon Hwa is whom is going to win the prize as the number one. The poisoning incident maybe pushed the things to make Hae Soo falling in love with Wang So, but not ceases to be a murder attempt by YH. If the director and the writer were taking creative licenses, why not make something that let us see that YH will live the rest of her life in suffering, even when now she is the queen. We deserve after so much suffering and tears, something that leaves us with a good taste in the mouth.

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, NitaA said:

Those images are really tough to watch, they are basically identical. When you are remaking a drama like this, are they not allow to stray away from the original ending? Do they have to follow everything the same? In RM, LJK chooses 'melo" drama over "action" drama,  is it why lots of his dramas ended with unhappy ending (I consider reincarnation not a happy ending as the people are not the same people)?  Ughhhh I am dreading Monday as much as I want to get this torture over with....

She can. Since the start, the drama was not a remake, was and adaptation. That's why the personalities of the characters and the situations they were experiencing were so different but still we felt that BBJX was there in one way or another...but lately I think she became lazy and instead of creating new situations according to the characters of her version, she just decided to make them react in a similar way as the ones of BBJX not taking in consideration anymore that the personalities are not the same, and that she changed the personalities of many for the worst. Now it feels more like a remake of the BBJX situations + more unpleasant situations. :confused: 

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

Haha, omg, me too! I get angry when the drama is criticized (even when it's valid!). In fact, I was just over at Dramabeans reading the post of what they're watching and every one of them dissed MLSHR (again, whether valid or not)... I was so mad I closed the page and came back over here. Not only has the cast and crew put in so much effort and love into this drama, so have I! Waking up early to watch the lives, running up my data bill looking up everything I can when I'm at work, lurking Soompi between episodes, obsessively checking Twitter/Instagram/Tumblr, outing myself as a rabid K-Drama fan at work because I *have* to talk to someone about it. I refuse to have my hard work looked down upon.

I'm glad someone can sympathize!! :) Yeah, the people at my work place know not to get me started on the drama - You can't even imagine the will power I have to use to keep away from searching all things MLSHR while I need to work :P ! While some of the criticism is valid (I will grant that) -  Some of the other criticism is just ruthless at this point. I read a comment today on some site that IU should just stick to singing because she ruined the show with her 'poor acting'. This is someone who is taking on her first historical drama (notoriously difficult) having to play a fish-out-of-water character and effectively& believably  portray a 16 year old girl growing into a 20 -something year old Goryeo woman in the span of 15 episodes and she's getting  these comments - Well, I just decided not to dwell on their comments and enjoy the drama for what it is - The last drama that got me this hooked was 49 days and that was a few years ago - maybe this is like the seasonal flu? :D

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

It's like we've signed up for self-flagellation every week - the drama teases us with happy So-Soo moments, sandwiched in gut-wrenching, mind-numbing, heart-break inducing moments. We're just suckers for punishment LOL I would recommend the Chinese drama - You can see how well/not our writer handled the adaptation from that... I've become too sensitive because of this drama - to the point of taking criticism extremely personal :w00t: - I realise this is unreasonable at this point, but I'm a goner...We will all need a lot of help after the drama - I still love @ktcjdrama's healing chant from many pages back. I had to write that in my notebook and carry it with me to remind me that this too will pass... :)

What healing chant? I don't remember writing any... Hmm.....

Anyway, I was just having thoughts about how to get over this drama. Maybe I should just immediately dive into the next drama shown, the one about the mermaid (legend of blue sea?). Yeah I know I said I'm going to stay away from K-drama for sometime, but I'm afraid I will just keep thinking about MLSHR and not able to move on from all the sadness. It's probably better to have another drama occupy my mind? But wait, is it a fantasy rom-com? will it have a happy ending? Considering it's also a love story that transcends two realms. Hmm.....

• Like 7

Just now, ktcjdrama said:

What healing chant? I don't remember writing any... Hmm.....

Anyway, I was just having thoughts about how to get over this drama. Maybe I should just immediately dive into the next drama shown, the one about the mermaid (legend of blue sea?). Yeah I know I said I'm going to stay away from K-drama for sometime, but I'm afraid I will just keep thinking about MLSHR and not able to move on from all the sadness. It's probably better to have another drama occupy my mind? But wait, is it a fantasy rom-com? will it have a happy ending? Considering it's also a love story that transcends two realms. Hmm.....

It was a while back LOL! I think it went like:

This is only a drama

There is no need to get hurt

You are a strong confident viewer

You will not get hurt

Release your anger

Forgive everyone in the drama

Forgive yourself

Everything will be alright

I thought Legend of the Sea will be a melo? I'm not set up to cry again LOL

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

This is only a drama

You will not get hurt

Release your anger

Forgive yourself

Oh... that was not from me. I think you mixed me up with another poster. Oops... 

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, moonangelcake said:

@dears Yeah I agree with you. While I can understand the changes in WS's character after he becomes king (probably the stress, it IS the highest position after all), like you said, I wish they had more scenes to show this as well. It would make more sense to show his character development gradually, not instantly! Personally, I never met someone irl who changed instantly, it's usually something that happens over time. But ahhh, what can they do with 20 episodes? If only this drama had more episodes ._.

True. I never have objection on Wang So turns bad, he can be the most evil one for all I care, but I really hope they would include more scenes to explain his changes, gradually. You know they described Wang So as a person who even after years of being abandoned and treated cruelly by his mom still defend her and came to her with a smile and desire to be loved. He stayed loyal to his father and Wang Moo even though they used him in a way or the other. He still loves Hae Soo even after her many rejections. Wang So is not the one who can change easily. That's why I said with this instant development, he's out of character, all thanks to the limited episode. But what could I do, all is done, the writer must be the one who is more upset than me. The fact that the writer could do so much but can't because this drama has to finish in 20 episodes. I will just watch the remaining two episodes with an ease heart.

And yes, like you said, people in real life rarely change instantly, it happens over time. They might as well include a time jump if they can't put more scenes to the drama, that is more acceptable. I know the frustration to change, because I experienced it, it took me years to change after so many things happened, and even if I want to claim my innocence self, it might took me years also because all the wrecked things has happened.

For those looking for a cure after this drama, maybe you can try watching The Man Living in Our House. I'm starting to like that drama. Well, I don't care about the rating competition since I couldn't influence it anyway, so I just watch every drama that I want to watch.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

Oh... that was not from me. I think you mixed me up with another poster. Oops... 

8 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

This is only a drama

You will not get hurt

Release your anger

Forgive yourself

That was my post :lol:

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

to me, dramabeans is like rotten tomatoes. yes they are movie critics, but sometimes they take it too far.. lol xD not all movie has to be perfect (and in this case, drama series) and what makes any art forms memorable is us fans. i think this drama has suceeded masively in hooking up fans, from the creativity in story line, from beautiful soundtracks, beautiful set, beautiful actors and from the chemistry of the characters. lol i know how you feel coz i too was once pissed coz they gave one of my all time favourite drama (W) a harsh criticism, and i swear to God i can really tackle all of their critics with my logic. but then, i saw their drama scoring (so they have this segment where they rate all korean dramas according to their opinion from scale 1-10) and i saw some of really bad dramas that i cant even bear to continue achieve high ratings there (i forgot what were the titles, but i think there were 3 dramas) and i realize, oh well, dramabeans are just another person like us loll! cheer up chingu! MSHLR is so lucky to have a fan like you (and like all of us)

• Like 22

1 hour ago, ShaiKeun said:

Speculations: 

There are also rumors that it would be the reincarnation of Wang So or one of his brothers (Wook?) who would save Go Ha-jin in the present time.

Though that may sound amazing, I don’t think it is possible because of the time and proximity elements involved. The closest people to the lake was already be seen when Go Ha-jin scanned around for people that may help save the boy. 

Cr to owner. 

I like the speculation minus Wook. Hahaha! So bias me☺️

Ewwwwwww no, not Wook please. Or any of the other snakes (YH, WWon, etc etc). Apart from WS, I also want the good characters to reincarnate into the modern times! Like BA, WE, SD and all those other good, innocent souls who didn't deserve to be born in such a horrible era. o: Just imagine all of them reuniting in modern times, and hang out in a bunch of places, with no worries about being killed next, palace politcs or any of that nonsense!  :lol:

Hmm, I haven't seen episode 1 in a long time + I don't usually pay attention to background characters. Maybe modern day WS was actually there, but just blending in the crowd, standing far apart? Or perhaps he came later after Ha-jin dived into the water? Heh, who knows.

Would be a very nice spectulation!!

59 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

That is very true! This drama is so cruel, man. Right when we see a SoSoo moment, BOOM! In comes a heartbreaking moment. And we all keep coming back for more~

Haha yeah, I will probably watch the Chinese drama, but just not for a while. Though, I've taken a peek. I probably haven't taken a very closer look but I'm having trouble telling the princes apart. :blink: Who knows, I guess that might change once I actually watch the drama.

Oh yes, we definitely do. Drown ourselves in BTS videos, happy posts and many fanfics :wub:

32 minutes ago, ziggy123 said:

the new stills are so heartbreaking. if hae soo accepts wook hug i will totally lose my faith in her, cause it took me a whole lot of re-watching ep 18 a few times to understand why she didn't try to understand or wasn't on wang so side. if only i could rewrite her character as strong and resilient then the creative license could have been used to make her queen daemok. 

I initially got pissed off when I saw the stills too. Like I said in my other post + others said, in one of the stills, you will find that HS doesn't actually return the hug and that her fists are clenched.

• Like 11