[Drama 2015] Sweet Home, Sweet Honey/우리집 꿀단지 - Monday - Friday 20:25

Admin

I have no sympathy for AhRan at all. She is such a horrid person. She is selfish, rude, grumpy, grouchy and very mean. I don't think she deserve such a nice boy friend like TH and I don't want them to end up together. I have never liked her character and in episode 26 she really went overboard in lying and badmouthing about Bom to TH. I just hope TH can see through her character. 

My sympathy is for Bom who has such a greedy mother who treats her like a money tree. I pity Bom for meeting someone as bad as AhRan and to make it worse, AhRan is her sister. I guess we still have a long way to go and see more of AhRan's scheming ways. 

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this  jiah  should  be  given a  reality  check.  they  are  basically  homeless,  their  dad is  jobless.  shouldn't  she  just  bear and  grit  her  teeth  thru  the  whole  thing  and  wait  till  things  get  better.  this  weakling  of  a  father  cannot explain  to  her  things  as  they  are.  beggars  cannot  be  choosers.  and  that horrible  grandmother  is  shameless,  shameless,  shameless  to  the  max!  she  wants  her  son  installed  as  head  of  the  family  and  even  wants  him s eated  at  the  head of  the  table.  they're  all  free loaders.  if  they  can't  stand  the  heat  get  out  of  the  kitchen  and  look  for  jobs,  rooms  for  rent  etc.  etc.  i  will  comment  later on  on  aran   after  i've  seen  subbed  ep 21.

I wanted to catch up to this show but the subs is really slow so I'm still stuck on episode 15.

I don't want to watch the raw one since I know I won't watch it again once the subs is out. So I'll just wait.

@yamiyugi

That's what I liked about Oh Bom's appa. He hid the truth really well. So the doubt about Oh Bom's true identity is hidden and with Oh Bom's omma, even though she nags nags nags she can still hide her identity.

@LavelyShai

About halmoni, no matter what happens I want her out of the picture. She's the most annoying character I've ever seen in a drama.

I still don't get why Ah Ran omma doesn't kick her and her daughter out of the house or send them to jail. They act like they own the house especially halmoni. My blood boils just seeing her.

@rikimaiu

I hope Tae Ho and Oh Bom gets close since it seems like Tae Ho is a nice guy (though at first I doubt his sincerity towards Ah Ran).

And Ah Ran is such a brat who doesn't know anything but to do what she wants, selfish and whines all the time.

@LavelyShai

I just wished she could have granted that divorce. Halmoni needs to leave ASAP.

That's what put me off Tae Ho. But just like you said, we haven't seen his darker side, so we're not clear as to what other motive was that, that he approached Ah Ran first. I don't want him as lovr interest for Oh Bom. Just an oppa who she can confide to.

To everybody who is upset at JiA's whiny ways, she seems to be getting more pleasant. Thank God! I couldn't stand it when she was whining like a baby. There was even some sisterly moments between her and ARan In Ep 27 today.  They will end up becoming good friends later, I'm sure.

@jayakris You can be sure that by the end of this show not only will Ahran and Jiah be on good terms they

will get along quite well and will even accept each other as sisters since this is a K-Drama and all.

At first I thought that perhaps Bom's uncle was a nice person but I am starting to realize that he is just

as bad as some of the other characters. Apart from being lazy he did appear to care about Bom and was

against her taking up the debt but he didn't really step up to the plate and offer up anything better. But

that wasn't what really irked me. The moment that happened was when Bom's little sister came around

and asked her uncle if he had any money. Now the uncle who is actually aware of the situation the family is

in and especially Bom who has to cover the family debt again tells her that perhaps she should ask Bom for

some money as she would do anything for her little sister. How can he even suggest something like that

when he knows how hard a time Bom is going through and that instead of saving money he his suggesting

that she should pay her sister. As an adult and someone who is aware of the facts he should either break

the news gently to the sister or he should have tried to suggest that things aren't so good and they really

can't spend all that money as they could previously.

I am starting to see why some of you don't like the Aunt. At first I thought that she was the reasonable

one but from what I am coming to see about her is that she is just like her brother quite weak and can't

step up to her mother. Yes she isn't as cold hearted as say her mother but if she can't support her family

she should stay out of matters. For instance when they came to convince Maru to let Jiah move in with

them and then later on he could join them as well. The grandmother hits her as normal and scolds her as

to what she was thinking since Maru wasn't really related to them and all. I am just glad that Jiah

managed to convince her brother to join them and Aran's mother was nice as well to accept him into

their family.

While I was willing to excuse some of the Aunt's actions in the past but the more that I watch her the

more annoying she is starting to become. For instance the time when she lied to her brother when Jiah

came I was willing to let it slide because she felt bad for Ahran and didn't really know Jiah's situation but

later on she did something which bugged me.

Also the Dad really needs to step up and start to take responsibilities for his actions. He is a father for

crying out loud. Instead he is still wimpy as hell and can't seem to make his own mind and lets others do so

for him. For instance his other daughter needed him just as well as Ahran and on top of all that she was

sick in that case he should have left Ahran alone. She claimed that if he left now she would never see him.

Well what difference would that make at this point. He already left her in the past he can do so again. What

I don't get is that when he left her as a child he promised her that he would still see her but apparently

that wasn't the case. Why do that. Even if he got married again he should have still met his daughter every

now and again. I can see why Ahran thinks that she had been abandoned as a child. On top of all this he still

needs to go and find a job. After all the debt that he still needs to pay off isn't going to magically disappear

and he should be ashamed if he expects his Ex-Wife to do so. Also he should look for some other housing

arrangement. Staying with someone that he doesn't love anymore is just as bad no matter what his

mother and sister say. As an adult he should make his own choices and not be influenced by others.

Why do I have a sinking feeling that the greedy grandmother has stolen all the herbal tonics that were

brought for Ahran. No wonder Ahran isn't thanking Tae-ho's mother for something she hasn't ever

received. This may cause a few problems down the lane. Though Ahran does seem to be the kind of person

that wouldn't be bothered to thank someone just like that.

Jiah also needs not to touch things that don't belong to her and take advantage of others being nice to her.

Just like Bom's sister taking the ring without permission she takes and wears things that don't belong to

her especially when she is living at the  other persons house. They give her some space but she tries to go

for a whole yard which is wrong of her. Then when the others mention this to her she complains as if she

is the injured party. What is wrong with all these people taking things that don't belong to them. For

instance Bom's mother finds the missing ring and then instead of returning the ring she decided to keep it

for herself justifying her actions that dead people have no need for it. She has no right to do that when it

doesn't even belong to her and even if she does that she continues to be harsh towards the rest of the

family making them still work when they have more than cleared it. She could have easily claimed it has a

deposit if she really was greedy but she didn't because she would then lose out on free labours.

While it is true that Bom's mother has never revealed the fact that Bom isn't really her daughter and she

covers her tracks when she is nearly caught and all and that she could have easily done so when her

husband passed away. Perhaps she really tries to care about Bom because she thinks that Bom is actually

her husbands but I am sure the moment she figures out that this isn't the case she will kick her out or if

she can possibly gain something from her. Then again perhaps she hasn't kicked her out because she knows

that she needs Bom around. For instance when her husband died she was so out of it that she really

couldn't figure out how to throw Bom out and then by the time she recovered from this fact she suddenly

discovered that they were knee deep in debit. So now her priority was how to figure a way out of it. Then

it suddenly dawned on her that she could use Bom by transferring the debt. So she had to be nice to her till

then. After Bom accepted it at that point I guess it may have been possible to kick her out by revealing the

fact to her. I doubt that Bom could do anything about it or even refuse to pay it back. On top of all that she

doesn't like spending lot of money whenever she can and thus tries to save it however she can thus

making not only Bom work it out but also Maru and her family and instead of paying them she expects

them to pay  her. So perhaps she keeps Bom around to do all her work and treating her harshly is just as

good as kicking her out for the time being. Though I would like to think that she may have some ounce of

sympathy and that is why she isn't revealing the truth. Atleast what she assumes the truth to be.

Sigh OnDemandKorea is sadly not available to me :( Oh well atleast KBS World is showing it on Youtube so

even if I miss it on TV I can always catch up with it online which is so much better than the previous shows

where if I missed an episode I would have to wait ages to see what happened since it took a long time and

most of the time when they did I had usualy forgotten which episode I even wanted to watch in the first

place unless there was something special in it or something.

Ahran is certainly damaged but I blame all of that on her parents. Instead of taking care of her as well who

was equally hurting the parents decided to leave her and resolve their own issues. The mother became

obsessed with locating and recovering Paran whereas the Dad left for  a better life. Though if my

suspicious are correct I am going to blame the grandmother for most probably making things worse. For

instance instead of convincing the son to get back together or even filing for a divorce which to be honest

should have been done ages ago she moves out with her son. At this point I am sure that either Ahran

may have wished to meet her father or it may have been the other way around  the grandmother must

have prevented the meetings such as when Jiah who was ill came to see her father the grandmother

didn't let her see him even though she was ill. Had Ahran's mother not found Jiah she may have very well

have died out there. Also when the dad wanted to go meet his kids she lied to him that they were doing

well and that she had even given them some money. So if she was willing to do all this to her current

grandkids I am sure she would have behaved the same when Ahran may have come to visit her father

further making her think that her parents abandoned her. Though I have to actually wonder how smart

her father actually is. For instance when the grandmother told him that the kids were doing fine and that

she checked on them with the Aunt and even gave them some money the father should have started to

wonder where in the world did the grandmother or even aunt get some money to give to his kids. They

have no money of their own that is the reason why they are trying to freeload of the Ex-Wife. Also Jiah

told him that she wasn't doing so well at that point no matter what anyone told him he should have still

gone and checked up on his daughter. Frankly he doesn't deserve to be a father if he can't take

responsibility for his own actions. Also why in heavens name didn't he have a job so far and why was he so

dependent on his wives all this time. It is a shame when a man has to be fully dependent on his wife to

survive. On top of all that he is completely unaware of what is going around him. For instance his wife was

in so much trouble (Maru's mother) and he didn't even know about it till it was to late. Even his wife knew

that it was no good confiding in him because he couldn't do anything on his own to help her. She may very

well have been regretting getting with him.

I fully agree that the grandmother is one of the most annoying characters that I have come across so far in

this drama and I fully agree with people who want her shipped of somewhere. I say again ship her of to the

past where they will fully know how to deal with a loony lady like that. Lock her up in a loony bin over there

since apart from all her whining due to her ancient way of thinking and all she will claim to be from the

future and all. So further packing her of in a cold and damp dungeon locked up with chains. Plus we all know how the medical treatment was back then. She will fully deserve her Karma then :)

While I have more to say will do that later on since I am busy once more. Till then take care all of you and keep posting. :)

@LavelyShai I'm not sure Bom truthly know how she got it anot cause in ep 23 , she asked her adopted mother to help put the medication stickers on that injury that was caused by the falling flower stand. She said something due to her adopted mother for not taking care of her well when she doing her business at their shop after her adopted mother mentioned about she has that injury since young.

Thus, I think  Bom does remember how she get the injury. This is because if I never remember wrongly during the flashback of the secretary he did mention something about playing around Ahran's mum workshop (basically i think Ahran's mum kind of forget about Paran due to her work) So I guess Bom just remember the wrong person since she lost her memory after she was abandoned by the secretary.

Ep 28 rating

Embedded image permalink

Watching Ep 29 Raw 

I dont know should I feel sorry or pity for Ahran. But all I know her problem only can be solved by her parents not TaeHo. It will work best if both Ahran's parents work together with a psychologist. 

I understand she worried Taeho will leave her like her father. Based on that episode, knowing how both her parents and Taeho so close with Bom who they met for such a short period, she is seriously jealous of Bom that is why she always put her anger on her. However, she has that kind of attitude is because of her past (i.e. due to her younger sister is missing, causing her to have a lack of parent love) As she grow older, she fall in love with Taeho, she automatically propose to him worrying he will leave her. This is actually is an illness that need to be consulted by a psychologist. 

Thus, I worried what she will do after 3 persons whom she really love is so much closer to someone who they just met. But I shall not guess since is still early

Now I really curious who will found out Bom's real identity, is Ahran/ Ahran's mother/Ahran's father/Maru/Bom's mother. Or Bom herself? 

Firstly, we know about the missing poster with the payment that Ahran's father need to pay.

Secondly, we have Bom and Ahran's younger self photo which is with Bom now.

Thirdly, Bom's injury at her shoulder.

I will omit the missing poster since I believe the poster is now gone.

I betting between Bom's injury and both Bom&Ahran's younger self photo.

My reason is because:

Bom's injury - Both Ahran's mother and Bom's adopted mother know about it. However, I felt the percentage is lower as many people can get hurt especially a child of Paran's age when her mother is busy with her work and Bom's adopted mother did not deny Bom's comment. (which I mentioned earlier in my post)

Bom&Ahran's younger self photo - Maru saw that photo before in the earlier episode and told Bom's adopted mother that is his father's. But Bom's adopted mother said it was not. So I think Maru will not think further. However, if future episode, Bom show Maru her younger self photo (note: not the one with Ahran's), then he will think why his father has Bom's photo. [P.S. that is my guess, not sure she will show to Maru or Ahran's mother)

From my thinking..Ah Ran will be surprised and in shock that the girl she hated so much for gaining her parents attention is really her missing sister. I say this because she has tried for years to gain the attention and support of her parents and get their approval. Now we not only have a stranger able to engage with them (where they do not with her..) but then she finds out that girl is the sister that was missing for so many years. To her it will be a form of betrayal even though she wants her sister back to it will not be rational thinking because this girl needs some emotional and mental therapy.

I can see Ah Ran finding out first that Bom is her missing sister. She will not know what to do as she will be so surprised then angry at finding this out. IT will explain to her why her parents where drawn to Bom. but it will also make  her very angry for the very things you guys mentioned. She will wonder why they could not connect with her that way why is it again her sister taking away what little time and attention she had with them. Ah Ran already feels like she is in her sisters shadow all these years. Even though getting lost was not Bom's fault Ah Ran will heap a bunch of anger on her for going missing and ruining their family and causing her to loose her parents love and support (in Ah Ran's eyes at least.). Ah Ran will war with herself ,but given her personality and the need to be accepted and loved by her parents (she has been craving this for years.) she will see her sister coming back as taking the parents away from her again and will keep quiet or try to stop the truth from coming out. Especially if at some point it seems that the parents show Ah Ran a bit of attention and support she will feel like she will loose that again if the sister is back because she has been craving it and waiting for it for so long. 

Ah Ran is a brat and selfish and yes, its due to the parents who seemed to abandon her physically and emotionally after their other child went missing but also because in her mind she wants to be the center and she has not gotten that from them. I can feel only a small bit of compassion for her because even though she has a lot of anger and hurt in side of her there would be no reason to stop her sister from being found and come home except for jealousy and the need to keep her parents to herself if they have finally realized how they neglected her.

So for me Ah Ran will be the one to possibly figure it out right along the time Bom realizes she was not the man's daughter  he found her and just placed her under his registry.

I also see Ma Roo seeing a glimpse of a picture of Bom as a kid that her mother has or the father does and will wonder what they are doing with a picture of his friend. Preferably he will asks them about it and they will want to know what he means. Of course he could  just be curious and ask Bom who in turn will wonder how that can be and will asks them if they knew her as a child. This of curse could spark her going to search for the truth along with Ah Ran finding out some how.

I guess we will see. But I do think that when Ah Ran finds out and she will, she will be in shock but will make the decision to keep it to herself. She has already heaped her anger, frustration and jealousy on Bom and to find out she is her missing sister will make her very scared and angry and she will not want to loose to her sister again even if it means keeping her parents from finding out the truth.

Her need for her parents love and attention will over shadow right from wrong. And she will do the unthinkable and will not be able to explain it away later when it is found out she was one of the first to know but kept the truth from coming out due to her jealousy and anger.

@Ldy Gmerm , you are right in saying that AhRan's need for attention and love obscured her ability to see the right from wrong. In times of adverisites, there are people who grow stronger but unfortunately it has a negative impact on AhRan. How much love and how much attention does she need to see things in perspective ?  In today's episode, after her mother has a nice talk to her explaining how much hurt AhRan has caused her with her actions, I am glad that she changed overnight to become the perfect dutiful daughter the next day. But how long will it lasts ? I am sure in the near fuure, she will use underhanded means to get whatever she wants again. The sad part is TH is unable to control her. Knowing how unstable she is, I don't think TH can ever leave her even if he wanted to. I bet she will do crazy things to herself inorder for TH to stay by herside. I wonder if AhRan loves TH or she sees him as someone who can help her. AhRan has a long way to go in terms of character growth but I believe in the end she will turn out to be a nicer person. 

Bom's character is stronger. The good thing about her is she don't hold grudges. Problems don't weigh her down and she oversomes them. She puts others before herself and I am glad that MR is there to look after her for a change. They make a very cute couple. I just hope that MR can complete his studies and be successful so that he can protect her even more. 

@LavelyShai I also betting on Maru.. Although I watched until ep 29 (RAW), read if you want (Click spoiler)

Spoiler

The blogger is a scam.. Oh when you watch you feel very angry and frustrated. Later Ahran's mother said is a scam and many other store also caught in the trap set by the blogger. 

After that episode, I learn that  don't trust so much on a blogger's review especially on food, we must always try out ourself. Or we should do selective reading like how is their customer service and pricing as well as the atmosphere.

I also agree with you that Ahran does love equally as Taeho loves her. She just need someone talented and will be appreciated by her mother or the board of shareholders and directors to take over the company. (as I remember one director mention to her that Paran is much better than her, so I guess only working together with Taeho she may get what she want)

P.S that is just my guessing

Awaiting for ep 30 (raw) :)

Ep 29 Rating 

Embedded image permalink

Archived