[Drama 2015] Sweet Home, Sweet Honey/우리집 꿀단지 - Monday - Friday 20:25

Admin

this  is  a  drama  with  so  many  irritating  women  characters  the  stepmother(who  i  suspect  had  a  botched  eyelid  surgery],  jiah  the  sister  of  maru,    the  wife of the  secretary,  the  grandmother,  young  and  old  you them  here)  on  the  other  hand,  i  find  the  appearance  of  the maru's  dad a  little  too  depressing.  if  i  were his  wife  i  would  also kick  him  out,  his  appearance  is  that  of a  loser,  and his  hair  should  at  least  decently  combed.  ms  bae  the  mom  of  aran  and    aran  looks  gorgeous  and  has  all  the  aura  of  success.

but  i  like  bom,  i  look  forward  when  she'll  get  into  the  company. i  am  not a  person  who  drinks.  but  how  come  koreans  seem  to like  drinking   and  getting  drunk.  in  one  of  the  scenes  of  the  drama,  they  were  even  thinking  of  how  to  expand  the  market  because  they  noted  how  young  professionals  like  to  drink.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lauren2b2

Hahaha!!! I also think there's something wrong with Oh Bom's omma. Her face is something. Frozen or what?

Anyways. Oh Bom's mom, Ji Ah's grandma, Ji Ah's appa and Tae Ho's omma pisses me off. They're so annoying. Include to the list, Ji Ah's aunt. Ah Ran is starting to annoy me as well. Such a selfish brat.

Watching first part of episode 20.

Good thing Choi Ji Ah is sticking by Kang Ma Roo's side.

The gradma pisses me off really. She acts like she owns the house. The grandma, aunt and dad are so thick-faced still staying at Choi Ah Ran's home.

Too bad the grandma is in the drama poster. That means she won't be gone anytime soon. I really want her gone.

Oh Bom's omma is really all about money. I wish Kang Ma Roo or Choi Ji Ah get a lot of money and slap her with it.

You cannot just sympathized with these annoying as hell people. Oh Bom's omma, appa, imo and halmoni. I just want them all to be gone but then it won't be a drama if you don't have annoying characters.

@lauren2b2, @xiashenghan

I totally agree on the number of annoying characters in this drama.  In fact I don't think I have seen any drama with this high a proportion of annoying characters. Not just annoying, but out and out selfish and near-evil characters too, many of them.  The grandmother of course is the worst, as she does not have an iota of conscience or compassion.   And to boot, we have a whole bunch of wimpy male characters too.  Is any of the male characters interesting to any of you?  None of them is evil or anything (except the secretary dad) but all of them are uninteresting.  Heck, the young guitar player is the only male character that is even half-way interesting.  Bom, Aran and the CEO woman carry the show.  Everybody else is a pain.  I can watch most episodes in about 15 minutes because I fast forward all the rest of it.  If Bom, Aran, the CEO or the guitar guy is not talking, fast forward, fast forward... :)

@jayakris, totally agree with you. 

The male lead has no charisma, weak and uninteresting. The 2nd female lead always put on a sour face and feels that the whole world owes her everything. The 2nd male lead existence is to pander to her every wishes. It is really hard to watch. Every body's life is so miserable. Only the female lead is still bright and chirpy despite all hardship and having a greedy adopted mother who takes advantage of her. 

We are still at the beginning stage and will be patient for now and see how it goes. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with the male lead. Atleast compared to his dad who seems much

more of a pushover. Also if it turns out that he has to cover the family debt I don't think that he will accept

it because he isn't strong willed but rather because he must feel that he owes that to his family. After all

his father accepted him as his own son even when he wasn't related to him by blood and on top of all that

he tried to keep his mother happy to the best of his ability. In that case if he thinks that he can help out the

family by accepting that debt he will clearly do so. So the grandmother can perhaps easily guilt trip him into

taking on the debt. Such as she will tell him that he doesn't want to stand in the way of his father's

happiness who has already done so much for him. Or perhaps Ahran may tell him that she would be willing

to pay of his families debt in return he must not come infront of her family again or that he may have to

pay the debt to her. (Perhaps allowing him to end up working with her and Bom) Though I think that Maru

may have to work separately after all he would want to take back the company that his mother worked so

hard to build.

So whereas Bom may have been burdened to accept the family debt he would be more than willing to

accept it on his own if he thinks that it would help his family.

Frankly for everyone in his current family he is the only one that seems to have the most sense. His sister

should automatically realize the position that they are in and of her own free will she should be searching

for a job. I am sure that she would be good at something. For instance since she seems to know all about

brand names and how rare they are perhaps she should try selling said products as a sales person at

some shop or the other. If that doesn't work find something else that she may be good at. It would be

better than trying to steal money that she finds on the floor or fleece someone else. Though I always enjoy

it when she  tries and goes and says something like "Oh My Gosh" it is totally hilarious and we should have

many more moments like that in the show.

The Dad atleast he is trying to do something. So while he isn't really making any money he atleast as been

allowing them a place to stay with his working at the shop. While that may not be a long term solution it is

one that will allow then some measure of relief but other means need to be found such as Maru working.

I just realized that Bom's mother is a danger to that family. Remember she wanted the company that her

husband worked for to give them some sort of compensation to the for the husband dying on the job.

Atleast she had enough sense to back down when she saw that the family was in mourning. She then

decided to ask them later on for the compensation. If she were to ever discover that this was that same

family I am sure she is going to demand some now even though she would be fully aware of their situation.

I don't get why she is so mad that Maru's Dad deceived them so they need to pay her for all the stuff she

gave to them such as socks, clothes food etc... They never told her their position because she never asked

them nor was it any of her business. She already saw that they were in  a bad position. While I can

understand her asking for rent which include utility bills such as water and electricity anything else seems

to be a bit harsh. I may let the matter about the food slide as that may be considered as some that one

has to pay such as food and lodging. But in regards to socks and clothes she is way out of line. She pretty

much gave them to them on her own accord. They hadn't asked for it. If she was going to charge them

she should have informed them before hand of that. Though they should have the option of simply returning

them back in this case if they don't want to pay for them and since she gave them on her own accord she

should be forced to accept them. The max she may do is  charge them for the clothes they have worn and

the cleaning bill though if they wash them and return them then she can't even do that. Plus Bom clearly

explained the situation to her and she was more than willing to accept them at that point. Further proving

that they were in a tough situation. She shouldn't have been greedy to ask for more. On top of all that even

if she saw those documents (which she shouldn't have even done) she has no right to ask for a share from

all that when it doesn't even belong to her. She should stick with what she has otherwise she may very

well even lose all that. So for instance when Bom locates her real family and moves out she doesn't really

even deserve any money that she would ask them for raising her. Not only was she a terrible stepmother

she didn't even take care of Bom as she would have done her own daughter on top of all that she even

saddled her daughter with debt which she should have never done. Also she never considered her to be her

real daughter but the moment she discovers that she is loaded she is going to try and get money of her.

To bad Bom is to kind for her own good and will fall for her trap and try to give her money as well.

The Dad may seem weak willed but he isn't. Atleast not fully. He has so far stuck to his guns to leave his old

wife when it was to much and no matter how much his mother is trying to convince him to go back he

hasn't caved in (atleast where I am so far). Even though he is facing hard times and he knows that if he

follows his mothers wishes he would be able to get back to his old family in return he would have to

abandon his current one he is willing to stick with them to the end. Not that it would be that easy and he

has enough of shame to do so. Still had he been weak willed he would have easily returned to his first wife.

As for him being bossed around with Bom's mother. He is like that because he knows that she has a right

to demand most of the things as it is he was living there free of charge pretty much taking advantage of

Bom's kindness but he also knows that since it really isn't her place he would have to comply with the

owners decision in the end. Plus I am pretty sure that he is still getting of a better deal than compared to

him finding out some other place and renting it. So in short it is a small price to pay for staying there.

I wonder if Tae-ho even payed for the meal that he had at Bom's mother's place or if his mother bothered

to pay for it because bills like that are going to fall some more on the father to pay.

I don't know why people don't like the Aunt. So far she seems the most reasonable member of that family

after Maru that is. Yes she is staying at Ahran's house but so far I can only see that she does so that she

makes sure that the grandmother doesn't do something dumb and tries her best to stop her from doing

so. Not that she is very effective in that department. Plus she has tried to take the  grandmother home a

couple of times failing again. Perhaps she does need a job but then that would mean that the grandmother

may end up doing something worse and to prevent that she is there. So it is a bit hard to decide whether

that is a good thing or bad.

I doubt that she is going to be paired up with Bom's uncle but it would be funny if that were to happen.

I can only assume that Bom's mother is going to get in some more trouble with some of her old

customers such as the place where Maru worked previously. For instance the uncle instead of paying them

for their goods told them that they would pay them later. If this continues or if this has been the uncles

laid back attitude so far to the business then if they were to ask them for their money the family would be

in more trouble. I suspect that the uncle had done so at that point because they were in a financial fix

already but they need to pay up soon. otherwise they will lose double their customers this way. Since they

would lose a their supplier which would naturally effect their sales and on top of that the supplier would

also stop becoming their customer which would hurt them some more. :wacko:

The uncle also needs to find some other job to help pay of that family debt. Everyone working in the same

shop really isn't helping because all the income is coming from the same place and all and even if they cut of

their salaries they are still not making all that much. On the other hand different jobs mean more income.

Though Bom is the smart one and looking for alternate jobs on the side the uncle needs to do the same.

From what I can see is that he sleeps most of the day at home and when he does go he is more busy

playing on his smart phone. :wub:

The female lead may be all bright and chirpy now even though she has so much debt on her shoulder and all and you all may find that good about her for now but I can be sure that pretty soon we all will be banging our head in frustration when she will end up doing dumb things such as becoming convinced by other characters to cover up their deception so that they don't get into trouble or believe their lies such as the father or mother won't be interested in meeting with her and lying to them that Bom isn't interested in doing the same. :)

Speaking of lies it may very well be possible that after Maru takes on the family debt and the grandmother convinces the father to move back with his original family the Dad who would naturally want Jiah and Maru to accompany him or they would have no deal they would probably lie to him as well and say that they already asked Maru to join  them but he refused since he would be uncomfortable in that house and all. The Dad not being the smartest person in town is going to believe that and since Maru would have agreed not to have any sort of contact with him would then refuse to accept any of his calls and tell him the truth so the Dad would never find out until much later. At that point he would be extremely angry with all of them for first abandoning Maru and then on top of all that saddling him with all that immense debt.  :crazy:

Got to go now. So all of you take care and keep posting. When I recall something else will add that as well.
:)

@LavelyShai in response to your question I am only upto episode 14 because that is as far as they had

subbed (someone other than KBS World) at that time. Though I doubt that we are going to get any more

subbed episodes from them anymore because KBS World seems to have caught up with them. Atleast

they will by today afternoon and all. So unless they want to beat them again they are going to have to

work really hard to do so which I doubt is going to be so easy as it sounds. Believe me I know how hard

Subbing can be. I once tried my hands at it before giving up somewhere in the middle of a episode I was

trying to do. (not Korean incase you were wondering). Good thing no one was depending on me or that

project. :)

Yep mom found that photo of Paran and Arhan in that store room unfortunately she isn't goin to figure

out why it is there. She has a perfectly sound explanation for it. :) You can only get away with that kind of

logic in K-Dramas. :)

She thinks it is of that one time when she was harsh to Bom as she naturally was so to cheer her up like

always her father took her out and at that time took that picture of Bom and some random girl. Perhaps

she was a friend or something. Thus natrually the picture must have fallen from Bom's father by accident.

Well that certainly did happen just not the father she assumes it to be. :)

Though I am even surprised she even assumes that if one takes a look at the picture one should assume

that the picture was taken at a place that was indoors. In that case she should start to wonder where

that was taken and not when. Ofcourse since she must think that the photo was taken by her husband I

am sure that she will keep the photo with her and only realize that it doesn't belong to her when Paran's

father will be searching for it.

Yep I certainly agree with everyone over here that Jiah needs to stop whining and search for a part time

job and all. I would say that she should perhaps start with being a manager for Tae-ho's little brother and

thus both of them would make money this way. Okay joking aside she needs to do something that she

would be good at. Start something small such as either work in a department shop since she seems to

know all about fashion and all she may be a good sales person while she is at that I would further say that

she should perhaps start a blog or something but I doubt that she has a computer or can even afford one

at this point but perhaps something like that and she can perhaps then even start selling a few things

online as well.

I doubt that Jiah can even live in the country side but if she is going to do that then she should take her

grandmother as well. I really feel like simply fast forwarding her parts since she tends to annoy me the

most of all the characters that have been introduced so far.

Yep that stunt Ahran pulled was clearly a call for attention. She tried to put out a product that went

against company policy because she wanted to show that she was useful to the company and that her

mother would need her and not her sister who is probably dead by now. Yes she certainly banks on not

getting fired because her mother is the CEO but what she doesn't seem to realize that the blame has to

eventually go somewhere and this most likely will be taken up by Tae-ho who will try to do so simply to

protect her. He will either get demoted or fired. More likely the later and she may very well be demoted a

few ranks down so that she can learn not to make such a mistake again. She thinks that money is

important and that if they don't go along with the times then they are eventually going to die out like the

dinasours so they need to evolve to survive. While she is not wrong one needs to move ahead with the

time to survive they must also not forget their roots and adapt them but only what is necessary. For

instance try to find a better product that tastes just as good as one that had additives added to it. They

may be more expensive but people may still go for them after all their brand would be more healthy and all.

This is where Bom's skills will come into play plus the restoring of old drinks and all but she will need to let

go of her pride and accept or ask for her help. Her thinking may be that it would be foolish to use a sword

and bring that to a gun fight where everyone else would be using a gun thus able to take them out. But

when a zombie outbreak is released a sword will just be handy as a gun. :) okay perhaps that was a bad

example. But perhaps even a sword used may come out ahead of a gun user if he plans ahead. Such as

perhaps planting a few mines before hand since he knows that he will be facing a superior opponent. He will

then strike in the middle of all the confusion that has taken place due to the mine exploding and all. That will certainly work much better than say confronting them head on. :) In the same way Ahran needs to preserve their tradition to the best of their ability before moving on. After all the saying "Old Is Gold" isn't there for nothing.

Well going to go now. Hope that you can all enjoy yourself with this show and I really hope we get a few more posters in this thread but other than that all is good. :)
So keep posting and stay happy. :)

Finally caught up! Now am I the only one who thinks MR is too possessive? The fact that the has feelings for Oh Bom does not give him the right to get angry every time she sees him talking to TH. If he likes her, then he should be open about it not controlling. Besides can he really be in a relationship with her when it is revealed that they are step siblings? I'm not too sure what to think of that. At this point, I think it's best that he accepts AR's mom's offer of continuing his education abroad that way he can make something of himself.

13 hours ago, tinatrix236 said:

Finally caught up! Now am I the only one who thinks MR is too possessive? The fact that the has feelings for Oh Bom does not give me the right to get angry every time she sees him talking to TH. If he likes her, then he should be open about it not controlling. Besides can he really be in a relationship with her when it is revealed that they are step siblings? I'm not too sure what to think of that. At this point, I think it's best that he accepts AR's mom's offer of continuing his education abroad that way he can make something of himself.

Agree.  I think the writers are just hellbent on making us hate every character in the show.  Add MR to the list.  This guy Ma Ru was not at all an interesting character to start with, and already I had given up on the character as extra foolish when I saw him trying to do manual work to speed up a big construction project to help his mom (give me a break - there is a limit to stupidity even in Kdramas!).  Having said that, Ma Ru was a character that was harmless, and I could tolerate his scenes.  Now they are making him to be an unreasonably controlling and whining type.  Yikes.  Who do we have left to root for?  Just Bom and nobody else? :)

On 11/10/2015, 4:14:27, wheeresstephanie said:

I hope there is no relationship between the two!! I have a feeling that they are not related because in ep 3, it was said that Oh Boms father and Ma Roos mom met 20 years ago. Unless her father had an affair with MR mom before OB went missing?

Yes, they have clearly said at many points that MaRu is not the son of the father of Aran, PaRan and JiA.  That is why the grandmother tried her level best to keep him away from joining JiA when the CEO got them both to move into her house. MaRu is the son of the dead woman who Bom's dad was living with (and had JiA with) from her earlier marriage or something.  So Bom and Ma Ru are not blood-related in any way.

6 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

What episode do they move into Gook Hee's house? I'm only at episode 17, waiting for more episodes to be subbed. 

From the end of Ep 19 and beginning of Ep 20.  By the way, Darksmurfsub.com has software-generated subs for up to Episode 23, if you are dying to watch the episodes ahead.  The software translation from Chinese is pretty good, if you can get used to the poor grammar by the software.

Like most of your, I dislike the halmeoni, JiAh, their aunt and Ohbom's adopted mother. I starting to have 2 feelings for Ahran: 1st feel pity of her, 2nd I hate her behaviour and attitude. I at first thought Maru and Ohbom is alright until the recent episodes, he is abit over possessive and I wonder does he know he has feelings for Oh Bom? Now I rather Taeho and Ohbom together. 

I also wonder what will happen when Ahran know the person she keep scolding is her beloved sister (which she mentioned it after her mother cleared Paran's room), is Ohbom. I really she will still treat her that way. At the same time, after watching ep 1-24, I think OhBom/Paran is more skilful than Ahran (with her sense of smell and taste, she knew more than Ahran).

Also, I really hate the so-called blogger. Seriously this drama too many hateful characters already.

But since Song Ji Eun is my one of my favourite idol, I will continue to support her

On 11/26/2015, 2:45:09, yamiyugi said:

@valsava nope you can talk all you want about that grandmother I won't get bored because that is they type of person she really is and I just get frustrated at her actions. So from what I seem to get she seems to have kicked her own granddaughter (Jiah) out in the cold. Not one bit surprising. She knows that if she wants to live with Ahran that means that she just gets her son back with her because if Ahran were to be surrounded with children like Maru and Jiah she is only going to be constantly hurt and may kick them out once again. Just so that happens she would be willing to kick out the rest of her family to the wolves. I have stated a bunch of times that the grandmother is selfish and only thinks about her own comfort and she doesn't care one bit about the others and thus she doesn't have an ounce of shame in her. Still I am surprised that she would be willing to even do that to Jiah who is her own granddaughter. Meaning that she would come from her own flesh and blood and how Koreans seem to think these bonds are all important and all. Perhaps I am actually mistaken and Jiah isn't related to her father at all but that is not what I gathered.

@yamiyugi,  That's because Korean G/mothers and mothers don't put to much into there daughter as they do there sons sons stays with the family once a daughter marries she belongs to her husband family.. Like she's no longer apart of her maternal family anymore I never understood this thinking and they way of life for there daughters..

That Halmoni is going to make her son a jerk of a dad until the end including his own sister I'm getting sick of these women in this drama already and we not even up to episode 50

Archived