Chinese Title: 我們家蜜罈子
Also Known as: My Home’s Honey Jar / The Honey Pot
Genre: Family, Romance
Episodes: 120 (To Be Confirmed)
Broadcast Network: KBS1
Broadcast period: 2015-Nov-02 to 2016-April-15
Air time: Monday to Friday 20:25

Synopsis

A drama about a group of youngsters who get pushed into society.

Even though Oh Bom (Song Ji Eun) is in a difficult financial situation, she is still bright and positive. She works part-time work at a factory. Meanwhile, Kang Ma Roo (Lee Jae Joon) is a kind and simple young man. He is naive about the world.

Ahn Tae Ho (Kim Min Soo) is the section chief of a company. He is an ambitious man. He approaches Choi Ah Ran (Seo Yi Ahn) who is the heiress of a large company. She is smart, but has a painful past. Her younger sister went missing and her parents abandoned her.

Cast

01_1.jpg

Jieun as Oh Bom, 22 years old

02_1.jpg

Lee Jae Joon as Kang Ma Roo, 25 years old

04_1.jpg

Kim Min Soo as Ahn Tae Ho, 28 years old

03_1.jpg

Seo Yi Ahn as Choi Ah Ran, 26 years old

05_1.jpg

Choi Myung Gil as Bae Gook Hee (Ah Ran's mother), 5 years old

06_1.jpg

Lee Young Ha as Choi Jung Ki (Ma Roo's father), 55 years old

07_1.jpg

Kim Yoo Suk as Ahn Gil So, 48 years old

drama info credit to koreandrama.org

Official Site

1024_714_1.jpg

Follow ALL k-drama & movies and forum rules!!

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am watching this drama and was hesitant to open a thread in case one was already open. So thanks for making one. I am glad to hear that KBS world will be subbing this drama. So far I have gathered that or lead could be the missing daughter of Bae Gook Hee. I just do not understand why her assistant Ahn Gil So took that child when she was young. 

You can tell now he does not want her found. Is it because he is afraid she will remember him as being the one to take her away or is it more than that?

I feel so bad for Oh Bom she has it hard and now her adopted father (does she know he is not her real dad?) has died and he was the only one who seemed nice to her and care about her. His wife does not Lee Mi Dal. I have seen this actress (Yoo Hye Ri) in a couple of other drama's and she has been a horror as a MIL. Even though it took a min to recognize her since she seems to have some work don on her face. I hope she does not turn out to be as mean as she was in those other two dramas.

I am confused about who Oh Bom will end up with. I keep thinking it will be the Section Chief Ahn Tae Ho but then she has had a few run ins with Kang Ma Roo who's mother died when she was at the construction site and Oh Bom's father tried to save her but dies from his injuries too.

Oh well I am in for the ride.. thanks again for the thread.

I am watching this drama and was hesitant to open a thread in case one was already open. So thanks for making one. I am glad to hear that KBS world will be subbing this drama. So far I have gathered that or lead could be the missing daughter of Bae Gook Hee. I just do not understand why her assistant Ahn Gil So took that child when she was young. 

You can tell now he does not want her found. Is it because he is afraid she will remember him as being the one to take her away or is it more than that? 

I feel so bad for Oh Bom she has it hard and now her adopted father (does she know he is not her real dad?) has died and he was the only one who seemed nice to her and care about her. His wife does not Lee Mi Dal. I have seen this actress (Yoo Hye Ri) in a couple of other drama's and she has been a horror as a MIL. Even though it took a min to recognize her since she seems to have some work don on her face. I hope she does not turn out to be as mean as she was in those other two dramas.

I am confused about who Oh Bom will end up with. I keep thinking it will be the Section Chief Ahn Tae Ho but then she has had a few run ins with Kang Ma Roo who's mother died when she was at the construction site and Oh Bom's father tried to save her but dies from his injuries too.

Oh well I am in for the ride.. thanks again for the thread.

The reason why the secretary purposely lost Oh Bom and do not want her to be found is because Oh Bom (when she was young) witnesssed him giving or selling her mother's secret document to another man.  He is afraid Oh Bom will spill the beans. 

@LavelyShai,  hi  little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.   Thank you for starting the thread.

Waving to @Ldy Gmerm, @rikimaiu, @Misstwilightfan1416  as well.   hello-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif

In regards to whether a thread has been opened, it is a good idea to check under the Thread Directory

Also, once we start a thread, it's a good idea to send a message to rubie asking her to include this thread in the directory, with the thread link, and info. as to which channel it should be listed under.

In this case, Sweet Home, Sweet Honey is still not listed under KBS, so probably is a good idea to message rubie. Having it listed there, not only helps people who want to start a thread, but also those looking for a thread for a particular drama.

KBS World will sub this drama starting on the 11th

I've seen episode 1 subbed so far and it's really good, I'm kinda surprised there was so thread for this. But in any case there is one, I did not see it.

Thank you @LavelyShai,   for this information. I will give this drama a try to KBSW.

I wonder if @valsava, @tinatrix236, @suchadiva42 may be interested in this drama!

@LavelyShai,  hi  little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.   Thank you for starting the thread.

Waving to @Ldy Gmerm, @rikimaiu, @Misstwilightfan1416  as well.   hello-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif

In regards to whether a thread has been opened, it is a good idea to check under the Thread Directory

Also, once we start a thread, it's a good idea to send a message to rubie asking her to include this thread in the directory, with the thread link, and info. as to which channel it should be listed under.

In this case, Sweet Home, Sweet Honey is still not listed under KBS, so probably is a good idea to message rubie. Having it listed there, not only helps people who want to start a thread, but also those looking for a thread for a particular drama.

KBS World will sub this drama starting on the 11th

I've seen episode 1 subbed so far and it's really good, I'm kinda surprised there was so thread for this. But in any case there is one, I did not see it.

Thank you @LavelyShai,   for this information. I will give this drama a try to KBSW.

I wonder if @valsava, @tinatrix236, @suchadiva42 may be interested in this drama!

I'll catch up on this drama over this coming weekend

I have a question... is Oh Bom and Ma Roo related? It seems to me that they have the same father? TY

It will prolly turn out that he is her half brother if his father is hers as well since he is the father of Choi Ah Ran I believe who was living with another family but had not divorced her mother yet (well the woman is refusing to divorce him. lol). But then again I am hoping there is no blood between the two girls and Ma Roo and he was his mothers son.

I have a question... is Oh Bom and Ma Roo related? It seems to me that they have the same father? TY

It will prolly turn out that he is her half brother if his father is hers as well since he is the father of Choi Ah Ran I believe who was living with another family but had not divorced her mother yet (well the woman is refusing to divorce him. lol). But then again I am hoping there is no blood between the two girls and Ma Roo and he was his mothers son.

I hope there is no relationship between the two!! I have a feeling that they are not related because in ep 3, it was said that Oh Boms father and Ma Roos mom met 20 years ago. Unless her father had an affair with MR mom before OB went missing?

I hope there is no relationship between the two!! I have a feeling that they are not related because in ep 3, it was said that Oh Boms father and Ma Roos mom met 20 years ago. Unless her father had an affair with MR mom before OB went missing?

Actually in Ep. 2 itself, when the annoying mother was yelling at MR's mom for the financial mess (right after the court guys put red stickies on the house items), she slipped in a line "I accepted you even when you were a widow with a child, but what have you done to my son?".   That said right there that MR is not the son of the old fellow.

If you are looking for English subs, Darksmurfsubs has watchable English subs for the first 7 episodes right now (till yesterday's episode).   The software translation from Chinese subs that DSS has for 7 episodes aren't bad. The software has been learning for a few years, and has become quite good lately. So, feel free to watch with those subs.  We have also started some manual work on it 2 days ago to fix grammar and clean up any errors in the Chinese subs, but only about 1.5 episodes have been manually edited as of now.  If more of you join, we could have good subs really fast. 

You are all welcome to help edit the grammar bugs (which are often very clear to figure out) in the software subs.  If you know Chinese or Korean, even better, but that is not necessary to edit the software subs. Either joining us to help in the work, or doing some small donation to help in the not-for-profit site's expenses, would let you get the subs.  If you are helping in the editing work, you can watch HD quality videos to do the work as well, but DSS isn't a for-profit streaming site.

Actually in Ep. 2 itself, when the annoying mother was yelling at MR's mom for the financial mess (right after the court guys put red stickies on the house items), she slipped in a line "I accepted you even when you were a widow with a child, but what have you done to my son?".   That said right there that MR is not the son of the old fellow.

You are right!!! Thank you for the insight!! 

Archived